|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Bernal the most about returning to the area where the car is parked alone?
(a) Wild animals.
(b) The other members of his group.
(c) The police.
2. What story does David Lee tell the coach when he comes in nude?
(a) That he quits the team.
(b) That he sold his uniform.
(c) That he was robbed.
(d) That a security guard sold it.
3. Which of the following characters does Keyes realize was in on the planning from the beginning?
(a) Kara Lynn.
4. Where does Wiley's last column appear?
(a) On the front page.
(b) On the sports page.
(c) It is never published.
(d) Buried in the middle of the newspaper.
5. What room in the building was totally destroyed by the bomb?
(a) Men's room.
(c) Women's room.
(d) Mulcahy's office.
6. Bernal's former commander tells him that he is the worst of anyone he has seen at doing what?
(a) Running an organization.
(b) Making bombs.
(c) Building things.
(d) Killing people.
7. What sound accompanies the float that those on the float find deafening?
(a) Sound of sperm whales.
(b) 70s disco music.
(c) Sound of water running.
(d) Police band radios.
8. What does Kara Lynn see on Keyes that concerns her?
(a) Bullet wounds.
(b) Blood stains.
(c) Mud and dirt.
(d) Orange Bowl uniform.
9. How many bombs did Bernal actually make?
10. Where does Keyes station himself to be able to help Kara Lynn if necessary?
(a) In the judges' box.
(b) With the policemen on the parade route.
(c) Next to her on the float.
(d) Passenger seat of the truck.
11. Where does Keyes shoot Wiley?
(a) Left elbow.
(c) Right knee.
12. Garcia and Keyes believe what about Wiley's death?
(a) It was too easy.
(b) It shouldn't have happened so soon.
(c) It may have been staged.
(d) He was too young to die.
13. How is Wiley dressed when he jumps into the spotlight with the cordless microphone?
(a) King of Siam.
(d) Football player.
14. How are some policeman dressed to be able to walk with the float?
(a) Beauty contestants.
15. How does Wiley explain to Kara Lynn that the explosives will be set off?
(a) Whenever anyone approaches.
(b) From his boat as he leaves.
(c) From her movements.
(d) Remotely by a barge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the characters doing in the warehouse building?
2. What does Mr. Cardoza own?
3. What have the Nights of December hired as part of their plan?
4. What does Garcia plan to do in regards to Bernal during the long drive?
5. Which of the following characters is found dead in this chapter?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)