|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Wiley use to describe how tourists affect locals?
2. What do Wiley and his associates want Keyes to do?
(a) Witness a murder.
(b) Find the murderer.
(c) Gamble at the casino.
(d) Burn down the condos.
3. What does Nell want Keyes to find?
(a) Her next door neighbor.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her suticase.
4. Which of the following characters do Keyes and the Shriners find on the beach in Nassau?
(b) Kara Lynn
(c) Dr. Courtney
5. Where does Cabal tell Keyes he might find the black man who sold him the car?
(a) Pauly's bar.
(b) Garcia's bar.
(c) Castro's bar.
(d) Ernesto's bar.
6. Which of the following characters was kidnapped by Viceroy?
(a) Renee Levoux.
(b) Nell Bellamy.
(c) Jesus Bernal.
(d) David Richaud.
7. How long has Ernesto been in this country?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 16 years.
8. Who are with Nell when she stops to ask Keyes if he needs an ambulance?
(c) Football players.
9. What happened to Ernesto Cabal at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He escaped from jail.
(b) He was moved to solitary confinement.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He was released.
10. What happens to Jenna at dinner?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She cries on Keyes' shoulder.
(c) She becomes drunk.
(d) She falls asleep.
11. What profession did Mitchell Klein have?
(b) Private investigator.
(c) County attorney.
(d) Public defender.
12. What is on the license plate of the car that peels away just before Keyes passes out?
13. What reason does Wiley say to Keyes will be the basis for the deportation of the Shriners?
(a) Their hats are a fashion mistake.
(b) They are illegal immigrants.
(c) They are undesirables.
(d) They are inappropriately dressed.
14. What does Wiley plan to do during the Orange Bowl Parade?
(a) Release the alligator to kill people.
(b) Bomb all of the floats.
(c) Destroy the condo complexes.
(d) Violate the sacred virgin.
15. What was Viceroy doing as he watched tourists leave the Seaquarium?
(a) Reading the newspaper.
(b) Stealing cars.
(c) Smoking marijuana.
(d) Writing a list.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keyes find in the wall at Jenna's house?
2. Who do Keyes and Garcia believe is behind the letters and possibly the murders?
3. Where does the newspaper chief think the letters are being created?
4. Where is Pavlov's home?
5. What event closes the case to Sparky's murder according to Garcia?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)