|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Régis is a large man and is dressed casually in what?
(a) A pair of jeans and a tee shirt.
(b) A running suit.
(c) A pair of shorts and a sweat shirt.
(d) A robe.
2. The Mayles skip the morning trials, which eliminates what?
(a) Mongrels and dogs with bad behavior.
(b) Hunting dogs.
(c) Young dogs.
(d) Small breeds.
3. Scores of ____________ are on sale everywhere one looks--laying on blankets, under trees and stacked in boxes.
(b) Older dogs.
(c) Dog stuffed animals.
4. The real estate deals in the Lubéron are often examples of worlds ______________.
5. A high-speed train is planned for Provence. Why?
(a) To cut travel time for commuters.
(b) To cut the travel time from Paris.
(c) To reduce the amount of street traffic.
(d) To cut travel time from Northern France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Massot want to rent?
2. At the Ménerbes dog show, the dogs are dressed in fashions to resemble who?
3. After sunset, the awards are presented to the winning dogs. What takes place the rest of the night?
4. The epitome of the Lubéron is its charming and picturesque group of villages, the jewel of which is a tiny town named ___________.
5. The market was originally opened in ___________ but the current hall had been operational only since 1973.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the real estate market affected in Luberon? How is this both good and bad?
2. Why does Mayle decide to not install a security system? Is this a good reason? Why or why not?
3. What does Mayle notice about Robert? What does this foreshadow?
4. How is a stranger able to prevent Mayle from getting a parking ticket? Why is he able to do something Mayle is not able to do?
5. Why is Mayle in Avignon? Why is this important enough to include in the book?
6. How does the town of Orange feel about Pavarotti's arrival? Why do they feel this way?
7. How has the influx of visitors in Provence affected travel?
8. What does Mayle think of this market? How do you know this?
9. What does Mayle learn from a woman during the concert? Do you believe her? Why or why not?
10. What is one of the possible consequences of drought in the region? How does this lead to more problems?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)