|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Massot find near the pool?
(a) More pottery.
(b) More coins.
(c) A myriad of metal objects.
(d) More jewelry.
2. Once _________________ hit, and the influx of vacationers and tourists make the Lubéron seem like a different region.
(a) May and June.
(b) June and July.
(c) July and August.
(d) December and January.
3. One blond woman is dressed in _________________ and her miniature white poodle is tethered to a white lead.
(a) Black jeans and a white shirt.
(b) White sweat pants and white sneakers.
(c) White shorts and white cowboy boots.
(d) White jeans and white heels.
4. Who is drawn to these dry areas?
5. Inside the market, Mayle observes other shoppers eating breakfast of croissants, coffee and __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michel Bosc runs a restaurant and bar in the village of ________________.
2. Who helps Mayle get out of a parking ticket?
3. During the first ______ months of 1989, the rainfall in the Provence is well below normal.
4. A woman sitting nearby insists that Pavarotti does what in between songs?
5. Why does Massot believe that gold is better than currency?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the real estate market affected in Luberon? How is this both good and bad?
2. What is another consequence of the drought. How might this affect the revenue of the region?
3. What is one of the possible consequences of drought in the region? How does this lead to more problems?
4. How is Mrs. Mayle's weakness for dogs taken advantage of here? How does the author seem to feel about her weakness? How do you know this?
5. How does this market show cultural differences between the French and other cultures?
6. How has the influx of visitors in Provence affected travel?
7. What does Massot do regarding the hunt for gold? Why does he do this?
8. What fashion icon promotes this region of France? Why?
9. What is the epitome of the Luberon? How is this being destroyed by the increase in visitors and new residents?
10. How is a stranger able to prevent Mayle from getting a parking ticket? Why is he able to do something Mayle is not able to do?
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)