|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. British writer Peter Mayle is living in the Provence region of ____________.
2. Peter intends to eat __________________.
(b) A great deal.
3. Peter tastes samples of the various wines--_______________________.
(a) First the reds, then the whites, then the roses.
(b) First the whites, then the roses, then the reds.
(c) First the roses, then the whites, then the reds.
(d) First the reds, then the roses, then the whites.
4. A local couple, the ______________, are invited over to see the dog.
(a) The Chignons.
(b) The Francoises.
(c) The DeVanes.
5. Over the next several weeks, Mayle's wife stalks the dog, who she learns spends time ______________ where it can feed off scraps.
(a) In a school yard.
(b) Outside her house.
(c) At a park.
(d) Outside a cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Monsieur X have a pig for this reason?
2. How is the card signed?
3. How does Peter feel about the food placed before him?
4. At lunch time, Michel tells Peter and six other visitors to follow him where?
5. One man is certain that toads cannot sing while the other man claims that a man in ________________ is training some songs to sing for the bicentennial celebration to take place on July 14th.
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place prior to Boy and the Gregoires' dog breeding? Why does the breeding not go as planned?
2. How does the language barrier lead to humor in this chapter?
3. What does Mayle say about the life of a writer?
4. What does Monsieur X ask Peter to do next spring? What does this reveal about their relationship?
5. How do Mayle's feelings about fan mail change over time? Why?
6. What does Peter say about this tasting experience? Why does he give these details?
7. How does the book begin? What does this lead him to say about the French?
8. What happens to Faustin? How does he feel about this?
9. How does Benson react to the French doctor? Why might he react this way?
10. Why might the Mayles have invited the Gregoires to see the dog?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)