|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsieur X invite Peter to do next spring?
(a) Participate in a dog show.
(b) Take a cooking class at his restaurant.
(c) Join him in his truffle hunt.
(d) Try his truffle soup.
2. The large shaggy animal is a stray and appears to be a French breed officially known as ______________.
(a) Griffon Nivernais.
(b) Griffon bleu de Gascogne.
(c) Griffon fauve de Bretagne.
(d) Griffon Korthals.
3. How does Peter feel about his discoveries?
(a) He is greatly disappointed.
(b) He is concerned.
(c) He is very happy.
(d) He is annoyed.
4. Why does Peter ask Michel if it would be acceptable after swishing the wine around in his mouth to spit out some of the wine samples?
(a) He does not drink alcohol.
(b) He does not like all the wines.
(c) He does not like many wines.
(d) He fears he may become sick or tipsy.
5. How does Peter almost lose Michel?
(a) Michel runs so fast.
(b) Michel drives so fast.
(c) Peter starts to fall asleep.
(d) Michel is trying to lose Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mayle regret about his book signing?
2. Mayle's favorite letter was the one addressed to whom?
3. The diners manage to polish off most of the ___________, with the help of Andre.
4. Peter receives the ______________ birthday card in his life.
5. How does the book store owner surprise Mayle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Peter's friend, Frank, worried and on edge? Should he feel this way?
2. What does Peter learn about toads at a cafe? What does Peter think of this? Why might he feel this way?
3. How does the language barrier lead to humor in this chapter?
4. How do Mayle's feelings about fan mail change over time? Why?
5. Describe the picnic area. How might this compare to Peter's experience in London?
6. How does Mayle's wife first come across Boy? How does this first encounter lead her to act? How do you feel about her behavior?
7. What is Peter's opinion of picnics? Why?
8. How does the book begin? What does this lead him to say about the French?
9. What does Peter do about the toads story? What does this reveal about Peter's personality?
10. Describe Peter's birthday card. Why might he have been given this?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)