|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michel Bosc runs a restaurant and bar in the village of ________________.
2. At the Ménerbes dog show, the dogs are dressed in fashions to resemble who?
(b) Other breeds.
(d) Their masters.
3. The Mayles and their friend Christopher arrive early to the concert area, equipped with what?
(a) Cushions for the seats.
(c) Pens and autograph books.
4. Why was Robert fired from the police force?
(a) He was caught having sex with a female suspect.
(b) It was found out that he was a convicted felon.
(c) He broke too many police rules.
(d) He was caught eating donuts when he should have been working.
5. Elegant old buildings are located on one side of the square, while a ____________________ is located on the opposite side.
(a) Hideous modern sculpture.
(b) Beautiful old sculpture.
(c) Hideous old building.
(d) Beautiful modern building.
6. One evening when Mayle is in the bar, Michel is conducting a tasting contest to determine which brand of _________ is the best pastis.
7. Who is especially concerned regarding the low amount of rainfall?
(a) The professional swimmers.
(b) The artists.
(c) The farmers.
(d) The real estate developers.
8. Based on its mild climate and upscale life-style, the Provence region is often referred to as what?
(a) "New Hollywood."
(b) "The New York City of Europe."
(c) "The California of Europe."
(d) "The Paris of the South."
9. The two men agree to share any profits, with a percent share for Mayle.
10. The parched Provence region is officially declared what?
(a) A catastrophe.
(b) A safe place to live.
(c) A natural disaster zone.
(d) A threat to the safety of its residents.
11. What does Massot want to rent?
(a) A sledge-hammer.
(b) A jack-hammer.
(c) A bumping hammer.
(d) A mallet.
12. After the second song, what does Pavarotti do?
(a) He invites another singer to the stage.
(b) He sneezes.
(c) He thanks the audience for coming.
(d) He leaves the stage for a short period.
13. During _____________, in an effort to prevent the outbreak of fires in the spring, the government trims back dry brush and undergrowth from the region.
14. Mayle is given a lesson by a neighbor in the art of trimming ______________ with a sickle.
15. One blond woman is dressed in _________________ and her miniature white poodle is tethered to a white lead.
(a) White shorts and white cowboy boots.
(b) White jeans and white heels.
(c) White sweat pants and white sneakers.
(d) Black jeans and a white shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Inside the market, Mayle observes other shoppers eating breakfast of croissants, coffee and __________.
2. A neighbor tells Mayle that he is becoming less ____________ because he now delights in rain.
3. Oddly, there is a table displaying pump-action riot guns and _____________ for sale.
4. Mayle decides he doesn't want to live in ___________ the rest of his life and would rather take his chances.
5. In Faustin's opinion, what would be located by the well or near the chimney?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)