|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man takes Peter to a shed in his backyard that has a back wall made of soil and is equipped with what?
(b) A CD player.
(c) Toad food.
(d) A microphone hanging from the ceiling.
2. Peter tastes samples of the various wines--_______________________.
(a) First the whites, then the roses, then the reds.
(b) First the reds, then the roses, then the whites.
(c) First the reds, then the whites, then the roses.
(d) First the roses, then the whites, then the reds.
3. Mayle is rather surprised by the level of ____________ provided for the festival.
4. The party will be held in picturesque ______________ and the guests will arrive by horse and carriage provided by local chef and friend, Maurice, who will also be providing the gourmet food.
5. The party enjoys the idyllic setting and gourmet food, and toast the guest of honor with flutes of what?
(c) Sparkling wine.
(d) Peach champagne.
6. What world is a murky one?
(a) The bank business.
(b) The insurance business.
(c) The truffle business.
(d) The car business.
7. After being sent to one bureaucracy after the other, the final stop was a health check. The doctor found Mayle to be healthy but took his blood for one last screening which was to make sure he didn't have what?
(a) Swine flu.
8. What does their one friend suggest they plan on doing?
(a) Finding the dog a permanent home.
(b) Finding out its breed.
(c) Finding the dog's owner.
(d) Mating the dog with their female Korthals.
9. One day at __________, Peter overhears two men discussing whether toads can sing.
(a) A cafe.
(b) On the bus.
(c) In a park.
10. Why does Monsieur X have a pig for this reason?
(a) Pigs have a much keener sense of smell than do dogs.
(b) Pigs are funny.
(c) He likes pigs.
(d) Pigs are smarter than dogs.
11. How does Michel feel about spitting out the wine?
(a) It would not be appropriate.
(b) It would be fine.
(c) It would be odd.
(d) It would be appropriate.
12. How does Peter almost lose Michel?
(a) Michel is trying to lose Peter.
(b) Michel drives so fast.
(c) Peter starts to fall asleep.
(d) Michel runs so fast.
13. Mayle meets up with a neighbor named Massot who shares his distrust of what?
(a) French chefs.
(b) French doctors.
(c) French police officers.
(d) French drivers.
14. The language barrier provides a comedic turn when Benson is presented with what?
(a) A small bottle of pills.
(b) A large bottle of syrupy medicine.
(c) A large syringe.
(d) A large medication wrapped in foil.
15. Mayle reminds his wife that he __________ picnics, based on his experiences in London.
(b) Does not mind.
(d) Does not care for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Being back in London is _____________ experience for Peter.
2. The large shaggy animal is a stray and appears to be a French breed officially known as ______________.
3. The Mayles decide that the dog needs a masculine name and call him what?
4. Mayle's favorite letter was the one addressed to whom?
5. What do the guests do when they reach Maurice's restaurant?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)