|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mayle meets up with a neighbor named Massot who shares his distrust of what?
(a) French drivers.
(b) French police officers.
(c) French doctors.
(d) French chefs.
2. What does Mayle fear about the festival?
(a) His book signing will be a disaster.
(b) Not dressing appropriately.
(c) Being late to his book signing.
(d) Running into celebrities.
3. The language barrier provides a comedic turn when Benson is presented with what?
(a) A large bottle of syrupy medicine.
(b) A large syringe.
(c) A large medication wrapped in foil.
(d) A small bottle of pills.
4. After being sent to one bureaucracy after the other, the final stop was a health check. The doctor found Mayle to be healthy but took his blood for one last screening which was to make sure he didn't have what?
(d) Swine flu.
5. How does Peter feel about the food placed before him?
(a) He wonders what it is.
(b) He is unable to resist it.
(c) He is not impressed by it.
(d) He does not like it.
6. What does Mayle regret about his book signing?
(a) Not having brought Monsieur Menicucci along who could have better addressed questions pertaining to French toilets.
(b) Not having any celebrities show up.
(c) Not bringing his wife.
(d) Not having more books to sell.
7. Mayle asserts that _________________ is the most common ailment that the French encounter.
8. Inferior Italian________________ are often passed off as the superior French ones.
9. Mayle instantly became pen pals with whom?
(a) Many students.
(b) Many foreigners.
(c) Many writers.
(d) Many women.
10. When does Peter wake?
(a) Only a few minutes after falling asleep.
(b) Late that evening.
(c) The next morning.
(d) When it is almost dinner time.
11. For what does Monsieur X use a pig?
(a) Hunting turkeys.
(b) To sniff out truffles.
12. How does this man feel about talking with Peter?
13. This man is is also composing an original anthem for whom?
(a) The newly created European Common Market.
(b) The U.S.
(d) The Italians.
14. Mayle's wife spots a man walking down the road to _______________ with a large dog at his side.
15. The man takes Peter to a shed in his backyard that has a back wall made of soil and is equipped with what?
(a) A CD player.
(b) A microphone hanging from the ceiling.
(d) Toad food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter fall asleep under a tree in the backyard?
2. Mayle keeps up with the correspondence as best he can but is truly ___________ when fans begin stopping by to get his autograph on their copies of his book.
3. Over the next several weeks, Mayle's wife stalks the dog, who she learns spends time ______________ where it can feed off scraps.
4. Peter contacts _____________, identified only as Monsieur X, for help for his friend Frank.
5. Peter tastes samples of the various wines--_______________________.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)