|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mainly Dry Periods, with Scattered Fires.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lubéron is described in a recent issue of American Vogue as what?
(a) "The secret of South France."
(b) "The best of France."
(c) "The best place on earth."
(d) "The French secret."
2. Peter contacts _____________, identified only as Monsieur X, for help for his friend Frank.
(a) A hunter.
(b) A chef.
(c) A dog breeder.
(d) A farmer.
3. The man explains that the toads are dormant and hidden where?
(a) In the pond.
(b) In his home.
(c) In the soil.
(d) In incubators.
4. Mayle's favorite letter was the one addressed to whom?
(a) The "English Writer in Provence."
(b) The "Best Writer in Provence."
(c) The "Strange Writer in Provence."
(d) The "Funny Writer in Provence."
5. After returning home from the pharmacy with several mundane purchases--toothpaste and suntan lotion--Peter finds a brochure in his bag which discusses the problem of ___________________, which apparently is quite a prevalent condition among the French.
(c) The Common Cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter fall asleep under a tree in the backyard?
2. At lunch time, Michel tells Peter and six other visitors to follow him where?
3. Being back in London is _____________ experience for Peter.
4. Why is this couple allowed to see the dog?
5. Mayle picks up _______________ visitor at the railway station.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)