|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing 50 Without Breaking the Speed Limit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After arriving home, why does Benson ask Mayle to contact his brother?
(a) He is Benson's guardian.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is his best friend.
2. Doing more detective work, she soon learns that the dog is staying at a man's house where?
(a) In a nearby neighborhood.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the city.
(d) In the mountains.
3. Mayle is rather surprised by the level of ____________ provided for the festival.
4. Why is this couple allowed to see the dog?
(a) They know a lot about the dogs in the neighborhood.
(b) They are looking to purchase a dog.
(c) They also own Korthais.
(d) Their dog had gone missing.
5. The large shaggy animal is a stray and appears to be a French breed officially known as ______________.
(a) Griffon bleu de Gascogne.
(b) Griffon fauve de Bretagne.
(c) Griffon Korthals.
(d) Griffon Nivernais.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mayle's favorite letter was the one addressed to whom?
2. After returning home from the pharmacy with several mundane purchases--toothpaste and suntan lotion--Peter finds a brochure in his bag which discusses the problem of ___________________, which apparently is quite a prevalent condition among the French.
3. The party will be held in picturesque ______________ and the guests will arrive by horse and carriage provided by local chef and friend, Maurice, who will also be providing the gourmet food.
4. Fans seek autographs from Mayle's neighbor, ____________, who is mentioned in the book as well as Monsieur Menicucci, a colorful, local plumber.
5. What does their one friend suggest they plan on doing?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)