|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fashion and Sporting Notes from the Ménerbes Dog Show.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter contacts _____________, identified only as Monsieur X, for help for his friend Frank.
(a) A chef.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A dog breeder.
2. Scores of ____________ are on sale everywhere one looks--laying on blankets, under trees and stacked in boxes.
(b) Dog stuffed animals.
(d) Older dogs.
3. Why does Massot believe that gold is better than currency?
(a) Currency can be devalued at the whim of the government.
(b) Gold is larger than currency.
(c) Gold is heavier than currency.
(d) Gold is prettier than currency.
4. What does Massot do to assist Peter in his findings?
(a) He calls in experts.
(b) He digs several holes.
(c) He rents a metal detector.
(d) He buys a jack-hammer.
5. There is often comment about dogs resembling who?
(a) Their masters.
(b) Their breeds.
(c) Their mothers.
(d) Their siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In ______________, Peter decides to travel to the small town of Châteauneuf-du-Pape in the wine country.
2. The parched Provence region is officially declared what?
3. Why is the Mayles' friend suspicious about the dog's pedigree?
4. How else does Mayle feel about his book signing?
5. Why was Robert fired from the police force?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)