Short Answer Questions Key
1. How far from the nearest village do Joe, Simon, and Richard pitch base camp?
28 miles of rough walking.
2. What is the elevation of Siula Grande?
3. Who is the first character mentioned by the author?
4. In the opening scene, what is Richard's tent covered with?
5. Where do Joe and Simon first meet Richard?
In a hotel in Lima.
6. What animals do the climbers use to transport their gear to base camp?
7. Where does Richard sleep on the way up to base camp?
In a pigsty.
8. How does Joe describe Simon's eyes?
Blue and laughing.
This section contains 4,797 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)