|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On the Edge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the climbers run out of in the chapter "On the Edge"?
(d) Snow for melting into water.
2. At what altitude does Joe realize that both he and Simon have set a personal altitude record?
(a) 29,000 feet.
(b) 18,000 feet.
(c) 15,000 feet.
(d) 21,000 feet.
3. On what route do two climbers witness the deaths of two other climbers?
(a) The Red Granite Spire.
(b) The Croz Spur.
(c) Siula Grande.
(d) Mount Everest.
4. What does Simon insist that Joe not do on this trip?
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Smoke marijuana.
(d) Drink beer.
5. When Joe and Simon move together along the ridge, how far behind Simon does Joe follow?
(a) A full rope-length.
(b) Within earshot.
(c) One car-length.
(d) 150 yards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joe notes that some of the icicles are as thick as...
2. Joe recalls an incident with climber Ian Whittaker in which country?
3. Who is the first character mentioned by the author?
4. In the opening scene, what is Richard's tent covered with?
5. What is a "Friend"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)