|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On the Edge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a couloir?
(a) A wall.
(b) A gully.
(c) A snow formation.
(d) A species of colombine.
2. How long is one length of climbing rope?
(a) A hundredweight.
(b) 150 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 150 metres.
3. When Joe says to Simon, 'We should top out today' (p41), what does he mean?
(a) We should consume the maximum amount of calories.
(b) We should reach the summit.
(c) We should beat our altitude record.
(d) We should drink the maximum amount of fluids.
4. What device does Joe wish they had in their possession as they descend from the summit of Siula Grande?
(a) A compass.
(b) A satellite phone.
(c) A flare gun.
(d) A GPS.
5. On what mountain range do two climbers witness the deaths of two other climbers?
(a) The Spanish Pyrenees.
(b) The French Alps.
(c) The French Andes.
(d) The Himalayas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joe and Simon move together, Joe moves only when...
2. When referring to their experience on the ridge, Simon tells Joe that he is...
3. A character in the book recounts an incident where one climber is dragged off a cliff while roped to his partner. What nationality are these climbers?
4. How long do Joe and Simon expect to be gone on their climb of Siula Grande?
5. What is a sticht plate?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)