|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sidney employed by?
2. Who is Nathan Gamble?
3. Where does Triton's security guard, Richard Lucas, want to take Sidney?
4. What happens to the flight Jason is supposed to be on?
5. Who does Sidney find lurking outside her office after she talks to Kay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What out of the ordinary activity does Jason engage in at the airport?
2. What does Brophy do that confirms the readers' suspicions that he is not acting in good faith?
3. Who does Philip Goldman meet and what is their conversation about?
4. Why is FBI Agent Lee Sawyer convinced from the beginning that the plane crash was likely as a result of sabotage?
5. What does Sidney realize has not happened after her mother and father pick up Amy to give her a few days to adjust?
6. What happens in New Orleans?
7. What does Lee Sawyer learn from the Vice-Chair of the Federal Reserve Board, Walter Burns?
8. What information does Raymond Jackson discover about Arthur Lieberman?
9. What does Jason do to help himself when he is being held against his will?
10. What does Quentin Rowe tell Sidney on the phone when she is on the way home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Sidney lured to the final confrontation? What is used for the second time to deceive her? What double crosses occur in the short time that follows, and who starts it? How does Sidney try to stall the inevitable, and what is she waiting for? What sequence of events finally take Kenneth Scales out of her life forever? Who is responsible for Kenneth's last breath? Who finishes Rowe? Who finishes Gamble? What is the final physical toll on Jackson and Sawyer?
Essay Topic 2
Who approaches Sidney while she is on the flight on her way home? What does he tell her on the napkin at first? What is his interest in what is going on, and when did he begin to pay attention to the overall situation? What does he tell Sidney that she doesn't already know? What warning does he give her before they land? How does that warning seem in part to be more of a premonition?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Jason instruct Sidney to go in an effort to meet with him? How is she supposed to get there? What methods does she use to try to shake her potential followers on her way to the airport and how successful is she? Where does she stay when she arrives, and why doesn't Jason meet with her? How does he communicate with her the second time? In what way does he manage to get a message to her, and how does that tip off Sawyer to what is going on?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)