|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sidney determined to find out?
2. Who is Sidney employed by?
3. How long did Lieberman have to live?
4. Who is Nathan Gamble?
5. Who removes Jason's recorded message afterward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Sidney have on the plane that unnerves her?
2. What leads NTSB investigator George Kaplan to believe that an acid or corrosive of some kind had been used to bring down the plane?
3. What happens when Sidney checks Jason's computer for condolence emails?
4. What does Brophy do that confirms the readers' suspicions that he is not acting in good faith?
5. What does Sidney realize has not happened after her mother and father pick up Amy to give her a few days to adjust?
6. Why does Nathan Gamble go to see Henry Wharton?
7. Who shows up at Sidney's home and raises suspicions in everyone?
8. What things does Kay reveal to Sidney about Jason?
9. What happens in New Orleans?
10. What is Arthur Lieberman's biggest problem and how does it manifest itself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the basic gist of the software that CyberCom is ready to introduce to the Internet, and from there to the world? What is the basic purpose of this software? Why is it considered to be the so revolutionary? In layman's terms, what has CyberCom created? How will this creation interface human beings with the Internet in a way that has never been accomplished before? What will the net result be?
Essay Topic 2
Who approaches Sidney while she is on the flight on her way home? What does he tell her on the napkin at first? What is his interest in what is going on, and when did he begin to pay attention to the overall situation? What does he tell Sidney that she doesn't already know? What warning does he give her before they land? How does that warning seem in part to be more of a premonition?
Essay Topic 3
What is encryption, and what purpose does it serve? How does encryption help to keep data private? Why is that correct only to a degree? What factors determine the strength of encryption? What is the best kind of code to use for data encryption? How long should it be? What should your code include to ensure that it will not be easily broken? In a code, how many numbers is ample for most purposes, and how many is considered to be invulnerable?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)