|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jesus Maria, what is worse than being whipped?
(a) Being laughed at.
(b) Falling down stairs.
(c) Being rejected in love.
2. How old is the person in #104?
3. Dolores Ramirez can be best described as _____________________.
(a) roly-poly and giggly.
(b) hatchet-faced and lumpy.
(c) pinched and whiny.
(d) curvy and seductive.
4. What do the paisanos steal from Sweets?
(a) Vacuum cleaner.
5. What does Teresina do each year to help insure a good bean crop?
(a) Goes to church every morning.
(b) Prays to St. Francis.
(c) Burns a candle.
(d) Says the rosary every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Pirate take his dogs to the woods?
2. What does Emilio Murietta give to Cornelia?
3. Who helps Danny finish half the item in #83?
4. In which man is Dolores primarily interested?
5. How does Danny feel about Sweets after awhile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the paisanos sell the vacuum cleaner to Torrelli?
2. What is the Pirate's daily ritual with his quarter and the canvas bag?
3. Who is Petey Ravanno and what is his relationship with Gracie?
4. Who is Tia Ignacia and with which one of the paisanos does she have a romantic interlude?
5. What are the sleeping arrangements at Danny's house with all the paisanos at home?
6. What does the story about the vacuum cleaner show about Danny's personality? How does it impact Sweets' social standing create justified anger in Torrelli?
7. Who is Dolores Engracia (Sweets) Ramirez and what is her interest in Danny?
8. Describe the sad life of Tall Bob Smoke.
9. Who does Jesus Maria encounter in the company of a policeman and what does Jesus Maria do in the situation?
10. What gift does Danny buy for Sweets and how does he begin to feel about her?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)