|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
(b) Jesus Maria.
2. Where does Dolores try to attract men?
(a) A bar.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Her front gate.
(d) A street corner.
3. Who is tending the sixteen-year-old boy and the sick baby when Jesus Maria encounters them?
(a) A store owner.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A truant officer.
(d) A priest.
4. When does Danny promise to return to the location in #81?
(a) In a couple hours.
(b) Next week.
(c) That evening.
(d) Tomorrow night.
5. What do the paisanos do to the person in #111 to teach him not to steal?
(a) Chain him to a bed.
(b) Cut off the fingers on his right hand.
(c) Make small cuts on his back and rub salt into them.
(d) Take him to the police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Jesus Maria best be characterized?
2. Why do the paisanos not clean the windows of Danny's house?
3. Dolores Ramirez can be best described as _____________________.
4. Why does Cornelia vow to beat Emilio?
5. What does Danny find and sell to a rival supply company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Pirate's daily ritual with his quarter and the canvas bag?
2. What does Pirate do with his dogs after he is moved by the stories of St. Francis in church?
3. Describe the Pirate's visit to Sunday mass.
4. Who is Dolores Engracia (Sweets) Ramirez and what is her interest in Danny?
5. How can Jesus Maria be best characterized?
6. What are the sleeping arrangements at Danny's house with all the paisanos at home?
7. What does the story about the vacuum cleaner show about Danny's personality? How does it impact Sweets' social standing create justified anger in Torrelli?
8. Who is Tia Ignacia and with which one of the paisanos does she have a romantic interlude?
9. How do Danny and Sweets eventually connect?
10. How does Big Joe's inability to stay awake get him into trouble with Tia and the law?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)