|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the paisanos steal from Sweets?
(b) Vacuum cleaner.
2. What is the name of the sick baby?
3. What does Dolores hope will happen when she invites the man in #76 to her home?
(a) He will fix her sink.
(b) It will be a romantic evening.
(c) He will ask her out.
(d) He will cook dinner.
4. How does Danny feel about Sweets after awhile?
(a) He can take her or leave her.
(b) He is crazy about her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He is tired of her.
5. What happened to the Corporal's wife?
(a) She was shot trying to escape prison.
(b) She went back to Mexico.
(c) She died in childbirth.
(d) She was stolen by a capitan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Torrelli want to kill Pilon?
2. What do the paisanos make the Pirate leave outside of church?
3. Why does Danny plan to buy wine somewhere other than Torrelli's now?
4. To whom does the Pirate give his daily quarter?
5. What seems to puzzle Teresina Cortez?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the story about the vacuum cleaner show about Danny's personality? How does it impact Sweets' social standing create justified anger in Torrelli?
2. Who is Gracie Montez?
3. What does Pirate do with his dogs after he is moved by the stories of St. Francis in church?
4. What is unusual about the diet of Teresina's children and the manner in which they eat?
5. How do the paisanos help Teresina when the bean crop fails and she cannot feed her eight children?
6. How does Big Joe fall in love with Tia Ignacia?
7. Describe the sad life of Tall Bob Smoke.
8. How is the story of the corporal both pathetic and noble?
9. Describe the Pirate's visit to Sunday mass.
10. Why does the Pirate donate money to the church and what is the effect of this gesture on the other paisanos?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)