|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny buy at Torrelli's?
(a) A quart of wine.
(b) A keg of beer.
(c) A gallon of wine.
2. Why does the Pirate sometimes lend Bob his dogs?
(a) So he can go hunting.
(b) So he can see if he wants a dog.
(c) So he won't be lonely.
(d) So people will think Bob caught them.
3. Who is tending the sixteen-year-old boy and the sick baby when Jesus Maria encounters them?
(a) A store owner.
(b) A priest.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A truant officer.
4. Where does Danny head after selling the items in #79?
(c) The Blue Gull.
5. Why had the corporal left Mexico with the baby?
(a) He was discharged from the army.
(b) There were two attempts on his life.
(c) He wanted a better life for his son.
(d) He wanted to live with family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joe find shelter on a rainy day?
2. How much do the paisanos get from Torrelli for the item in #89?
3. Tall Bob Smoke has the body of a _____________.
4. What is Teresina Cortez' aged mother's name?
5. Why does Sweets not use the item in #86?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the story of the corporal both pathetic and noble?
2. Who does Jesus Maria encounter in the company of a policeman and what does Jesus Maria do in the situation?
3. What is the story of the boy and the baby, Manuel?
4. What is the Pirate's daily ritual with his quarter and the canvas bag?
5. How do the paisanos help Teresina when the bean crop fails and she cannot feed her eight children?
6. What are the sleeping arrangements at Danny's house with all the paisanos at home?
7. What gift does Danny buy for Sweets and how does he begin to feel about her?
8. What do the paisanos do to Joe after he steals the Pirate's bag of quarters?
9. How do Danny and Sweets eventually connect?
10. What happens when the paisanos sell the vacuum cleaner to Torrelli?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)