|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pilon get Joe's trousers back?
(a) He buys them.
(b) He steals them.
(c) He does not get them back.
(d) He barters for them.
2. What do Pilon and Joe sneak into Morales's yard to get?
3. Tortilla Flat thrives on gossip about _______________.
(a) love lives.
4. Who is invited to move into the house with Danny and the other men?
5. How many dogs does the Pirate have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman is Danny interested in?
2. Why does Pilon think he will be the one to find the treasure?
3. For whom is Pilon digging for treasure?
4. What item does the person in #26 still want to buy for the object of his affections even though she leaves him to go with some soldiers?
5. What is St. Andrew's Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
2. How does Jesus Maria Corcoran become the next tenant in the second house?
3. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
4. What does Pilon explain about keeping the treasures one finds in a St. Andrew's Eve dig?
5. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
6. What are Danny's reactions when he learns that his second house has burned down?
7. Where does Pilon actually move and who does he invite to move in with him?
8. How does Big Joe Portagee become a tenant in Danny's house?
9. How do the paisanos try to make peace with Danny?
10. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)