|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pirate buy the item for St. Francis?
(a) For his good health.
(b) For curing his dog.
(c) For his new friends.
(d) For letting him make a decent living.
2. Who is invited to move into the house with Danny and the other men?
3. What do Pilon and Pablo wish it would rain from the sky?
(d) Good wine.
4. How much does the Pirate earn each day?
(a) 5 dollars.
(b) 25 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 1 dollar.
5. How many dogs does the Pirate have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pilon think he will not go to hell?
2. What is in the large canvas bag that Pirate brings home to the men?
3. Where has Danny just returned from as the novel opens?
4. What do Pilon and Pablo worry about in the new housing arrangement?
5. What do Pilon and Pablo send the person in #25 to the wharf to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of the boy and the baby, Manuel?
2. What does Pirate do with his dogs after he is moved by the stories of St. Francis in church?
3. Why does the Pirate donate money to the church and what is the effect of this gesture on the other paisanos?
4. To what do the paisanos originally attribute Danny's absence and what do they eventually learn about his behavior?
5. How does Danny die?
6. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
7. What is unusual about the diet of Teresina's children and the manner in which they eat?
8. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
9. What do the paisanos learn is in the Pirates' canvas bag and what is done with the bag at the house?
10. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)