|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny ask Pilon?
(a) To lend him some money.
(b) To be his best man at the wedding.
(c) To go on vacation with him.
(d) To share Danny's house.
2. What does Pilon steal from Joe while Joe is asleep?
3. For whom does the person in #26 buy wine, lingerie and whiskey?
(a) Anabelle Gerard.
(b) Anne Marie Garcia.
(c) Anna Luiz.
(d) Arabella Gross.
4. Who does Pilon invite to live in the house with him?
(a) Pablo Sanchez.
(b) Roberto Sanchez.
(c) Fredo Gullia.
(d) Max Ramirez.
5. Where does Pilon move?
(a) The smaller of Danny's houses.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) The homeless shelter.
(d) An apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Pirate buy for St. Francis?
2. What sentence does Danny get for being drunk and disorderly?
3. How much does the Pirate earn each day?
4. What do the men try to learn from Pirate?
5. Who is the jailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
2. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
3. Which woman is Danny interested in and what is the attraction?
4. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
5. What does Pilon explain about keeping the treasures one finds in a St. Andrew's Eve dig?
6. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
7. Why does Pilon think he will find the treasure in the St. Andrew's Eve dig?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing when Pilon and Pablo are talking about deceased friends?
9. What is the reason for Danny's becoming drunk and disorderly and what is his sentence?
10. Who is the protagonist of the story and how is he introduced in the novel?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)