|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman is Danny interested in?
(a) Mrs. Ramirez.
(b) Miss Garcia.
(c) Mrs. Morales.
(d) Mrs. Sanchez.
2. Why does Pilon think he will not go to hell?
(a) He has changed his life.
(b) He converted to Catholicism.
(c) He gives to the poor.
(d) He goes to Confession every week.
3. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
(b) A ring.
(d) A bracelet.
4. From whom does Danny get his inheritance?
5. At whose home to Pilon and Pablo have dinner?
(a) Mrs. Tomas'.
(b) Mrs. Luiz's.
(c) Mrs. Torrelli's.
(d) Mrs. Garcia's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pilon and Pablo worry about in the new housing arrangement?
2. What do Pilon and Pablo wish it would rain from the sky?
3. Danny invites Pilon, Pablo and Jesus to live with him on what condition?
4. Why does Danny receive the sentence he does?
5. Pilon and Pablo bring Danny _____________ and the pink bra as a peace offering.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
2. What does the town of Tortilla Flat seem to thrive on and how do the paisanos feel about Danny's love interest?
3. Who is the protagonist of the story and how is he introduced in the novel?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing when Pilon and Pablo are talking about deceased friends?
5. What do the paisanos learn is in the Pirates' canvas bag and what is done with the bag at the house?
6. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
7. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
8. How do the paisanos try to make peace with Danny?
9. What does Pilon explain about keeping the treasures one finds in a St. Andrew's Eve dig?
10. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)