|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pilon do to earn money?
(b) Pumps gas.
(c) Buses tables.
(d) Cleans squid.
2. What is Danny's role in TORTILLA FLAT?
(a) Supporting character.
(b) Comedic foil.
(d) Force of evil.
3. Danny is interested in the woman in #23 because she ________________________.
(a) is kind to him.
(b) is the most beautiful woman in town.
(c) is a good cook.
(d) owns her house and has money in the bank.
4. Where does the Pirate show up every day?
(b) Santa Barbara.
5. What is found during Pilon's treasure dig?
(a) A survey plaque.
(b) A dog skeleton.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A metal box of dubloons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny ask Pilon?
2. What do the other paisanos find on St. Andrews Eve?
3. What does Pilon rationalize might not be good for Danny?
4. Who returns home having been attacked by Arabella and the soldiers?
5. From whom does Danny get his inheritance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
2. Which woman is Danny interested in and what is the attraction?
3. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
4. How do the paisanos try to make peace with Danny?
5. Describe how Pilon and Joe dig for their treasure and what do they find?
6. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
7. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
8. How does Jesus Maria Corcoran become the next tenant in the second house?
9. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
10. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)