|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pilon choose a spot to dig for treasure?
(a) He had a dream about it.
(b) He sees a blue pillar of light.
(c) St. Andrew tells him the spot.
(d) He has a metal detector.
2. Where has Danny just returned from as the novel opens?
(b) The army.
3. What do Danny and Pilon eat for dinner the first night in the house?
4. Where does Big Joe Portagee spend half his civilian life?
(d) Boxing ring.
5. Where does the Pirate show up every day?
(a) Santa Barbara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other paisanos find on St. Andrews Eve?
2. What lesson do the men glean from the house burning down?
3. Everything in Danny's house is ____________________.
4. How much money does Pilon figure the Pirate must be hoarding?
5. For whom does the person in #26 buy wine, lingerie and whiskey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for Danny's becoming drunk and disorderly and what is his sentence?
2. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
3. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
4. Who is the protagonist of the story and how is he introduced in the novel?
5. Who does Danny invite to live with him in his house?
6. What does the town of Tortilla Flat seem to thrive on and how do the paisanos feel about Danny's love interest?
7. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
8. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
9. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
10. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)