|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shares wine with Pilon and Pablo?
(a) Jesus Luis.
(b) Jorge Garcia.
(c) Max Sanchez.
(d) Jesus Maria Corcoran.
2. Where does Big Joe Portagee spend half his civilian life?
(c) Boxing ring.
3. What does Pilon do to earn money?
(a) Buses tables.
(c) Cleans squid.
(d) Pumps gas.
4. What payment does Senora Torrelli give Pilon for the stolen articles?
(a) 25 cents.
(b) A quart of wine.
(c) 1 dollar.
(d) 5 dollars.
5. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
(b) A ring.
(d) A bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everything in Danny's house is ____________________.
2. Who is Pilon?
3. What does Pilon steal from Joe while Joe is asleep?
4. Who walks about freely on St. Andrew's Eve?
5. What do Pilon and Pablo wish it would rain from the sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesus Maria Corcoran become the next tenant in the second house?
2. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
3. Describe how Pilon and Joe dig for their treasure and what do they find?
4. Which woman is Danny interested in and what is the attraction?
5. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
6. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
7. What does the town of Tortilla Flat seem to thrive on and how do the paisanos feel about Danny's love interest?
8. What are Danny's reactions when he learns that his second house has burned down?
9. What does Pilon explain about keeping the treasures one finds in a St. Andrew's Eve dig?
10. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)