|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does the person in #26 buy wine, lingerie and whiskey?
(a) Anna Luiz.
(b) Anne Marie Garcia.
(c) Arabella Gross.
(d) Anabelle Gerard.
2. Who is invited to move into the house with Danny and the other men?
3. Who is Pilon's partner on St. Andrew's Eve?
4. What is St. Andrew's Eve?
(a) The night when Catholics polish their statues.
(b) The night when all the bars in town stay open all night.
(c) The night when young men enter the priesthood.
(d) The night when every paisano seeks buried treasure.
5. Danny is interested in the woman in #23 because she ________________________.
(a) is kind to him.
(b) owns her house and has money in the bank.
(c) is the most beautiful woman in town.
(d) is a good cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny ask Pilon?
2. Pilon and Pablo bring Danny _____________ and the pink bra as a peace offering.
3. How does Pilon get Joe's trousers back?
4. What is Danny's role in TORTILLA FLAT?
5. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
2. How does Big Joe Portagee become a tenant in Danny's house?
3. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
4. Where does Pilon actually move and who does he invite to move in with him?
5. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
6. How do the paisanos try to make peace with Danny?
7. What is the reason for Danny's becoming drunk and disorderly and what is his sentence?
8. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
9. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
10. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)