|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is invited to move into the house with Danny and the other men?
2. Why does Pilon think he will be the one to find the treasure?
(a) He has won before.
(b) He has a good metal detector.
(c) He has a sixth sense about these things.
(d) His heart is clean and unselfish.
3. What word meaning "friend" is used in TORTILLA FLAT?
4. What does Pilon rationalize might not be good for Danny?
(c) Another tenant.
(d) Mrs. Morales.
5. How many dogs does the Pirate have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pilon get Joe's trousers back?
2. What does the Pirate sell every day?
3. What is found during Pilon's treasure dig?
4. What payment does Senora Torrelli give Pilon for the stolen articles?
5. What has Danny learned that he has inherited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
2. What is the reason for Danny's becoming drunk and disorderly and what is his sentence?
3. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
4. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
5. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
6. What are Danny's reactions when he learns that his second house has burned down?
7. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
8. How do the paisanos try to make peace with Danny?
9. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
10. What does the town of Tortilla Flat seem to thrive on and how do the paisanos feel about Danny's love interest?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)