|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
(b) A ring.
(d) A bracelet.
2. What does Pilon steal from Joe while Joe is asleep?
3. Why can Danny not get the water turned on in the house?
(a) It is the weekend and the water company is closed.
(b) He doesn't have the money.
(c) He forgot to call the water company.
(d) It is night and the water company is closed.
4. What is Danny's role in TORTILLA FLAT?
(a) Comedic foil.
(b) Force of evil.
(d) Supporting character.
5. Who does Pilon invite to live in the house with him?
(a) Max Ramirez.
(b) Roberto Sanchez.
(c) Fredo Gullia.
(d) Pablo Sanchez.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pilon?
2. What is St. Andrew's Eve?
3. How much does Pilon ask Pablo to pay in rent each month?
4. Pilon and Pablo bring Danny _____________ and the pink bra as a peace offering.
5. Why does Danny receive the sentence he does?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the paisanos learn is in the Pirates' canvas bag and what is done with the bag at the house?
2. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
3. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
4. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
5. Why does Pilon think he will find the treasure in the St. Andrew's Eve dig?
6. Where does Pilon actually move and who does he invite to move in with him?
7. How does Jesus Maria Corcoran become the next tenant in the second house?
8. Which woman is Danny interested in and what is the attraction?
9. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
10. How do the paisanos try to make peace with Danny?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)