|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pilon and Pablo send the person in #25 to the wharf to do?
(a) Buy fish.
(b) Clean squid.
(c) Beg for food.
(d) Get a job.
2. Who is Pilon's partner on St. Andrew's Eve?
3. What does Pilon steal from Joe while Joe is asleep?
4. How much rent will Pilon pay each month?
(a) 15 dollars.
(b) 30 dollars.
(c) 25 dollars.
(d) 100 dollars.
5. What does Danny ask Pilon?
(a) To go on vacation with him.
(b) To lend him some money.
(c) To share Danny's house.
(d) To be his best man at the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is St. Andrew's Eve?
2. From whom does Danny get his inheritance?
3. What sentence does Danny get for being drunk and disorderly?
4. Why can Danny not get the water turned on in the house?
5. How much does the Pirate earn each day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
2. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
3. Describe how Pilon and Joe dig for their treasure and what do they find?
4. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
5. Where does Pilon actually move and who does he invite to move in with him?
6. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
7. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
8. Who does Danny invite to live with him in his house?
9. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
10. How do the paisanos try to make peace with Danny?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)