|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks about freely on St. Andrew's Eve?
2. Danny feels both anger and _____________ that his second house has burned down.
3. What do the other paisanos find on St. Andrews Eve?
(a) An empty buried chest.
(b) A skeleton.
(c) Some empty wine bottles.
4. Where does Pilon move?
(a) The YMCA.
(b) The smaller of Danny's houses.
(c) The homeless shelter.
(d) An apartment.
5. What item does the person in #26 still want to buy for the object of his affections even though she leaves him to go with some soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Big Joe Portagee spend half his civilian life?
2. The unused bra will now be a gift for whom?
3. What does Jesus Maria pledge to do for Danny?
4. Danny is interested in the woman in #23 because she ________________________.
5. What do Pilon and Pablo send the person in #25 to the wharf to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesus Maria Corcoran become the next tenant in the second house?
2. Who is the protagonist of the story and how is he introduced in the novel?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing when Pilon and Pablo are talking about deceased friends?
4. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
5. What are Danny's reactions when he learns that his second house has burned down?
6. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
7. What does Pilon explain about keeping the treasures one finds in a St. Andrew's Eve dig?
8. How does Big Joe Portagee become a tenant in Danny's house?
9. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
10. Why does Pilon think he will find the treasure in the St. Andrew's Eve dig?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)