|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Danny not get the water turned on in the house?
(a) It is the weekend and the water company is closed.
(b) It is night and the water company is closed.
(c) He doesn't have the money.
(d) He forgot to call the water company.
2. Pilon and Pablo bring Danny _____________ and the pink bra as a peace offering.
(a) a gallon of wine.
(b) a rooster.
(c) a cigar.
(d) deviled eggs.
3. What do Pilon and Pablo wish it would rain from the sky?
(a) Good wine.
4. What has Danny learned that he has inherited?
(a) A lot of money.
(b) Two small houses.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A dog.
5. How much does the Pirate earn each day?
(a) 25 cents.
(b) 5 dollars.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 1 dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pilon and Pablo send the person in #25 to the wharf to do?
2. What do Danny and Pilon eat for dinner the first night in the house?
3. What does Danny ask Pilon?
4. What does Danny drink when he learns of the inheritance?
5. What payment does Senora Torrelli give Pilon for the stolen articles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Pilon and Joe dig for their treasure and what do they find?
2. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
3. What does Pilon explain about keeping the treasures one finds in a St. Andrew's Eve dig?
4. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
5. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
6. How does Big Joe Portagee become a tenant in Danny's house?
7. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
8. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
9. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
10. What are Danny's reactions when he learns that his second house has burned down?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)