|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much rent will Pilon pay each month?
(a) 25 dollars.
(b) 100 dollars.
(c) 30 dollars.
(d) 15 dollars.
2. What do Danny and the jailer do while Danny is still incarcerated?
(a) Swap stories.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Go out for more wine.
(d) Play cards.
3. Who walks about freely on St. Andrew's Eve?
4. Tortilla Flat thrives on gossip about _______________.
(c) love lives.
5. What sentence does Danny get for being drunk and disorderly?
(a) 1 night in jail.
(b) 30 days in jail.
(c) 2 weeks in jail.
(d) 5 days in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose home to Pilon and Pablo have dinner?
2. Where has Danny just returned from as the novel opens?
3. What does Danny decide to do to Pilon and Pablo for burning down his second house?
4. How many dogs does the Pirate have?
5. Who is invited to move into the house with Danny and the other men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of the story and how is he introduced in the novel?
2. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
3. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
4. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
5. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
6. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
7. What does Pilon explain about keeping the treasures one finds in a St. Andrew's Eve dig?
8. How does Big Joe Portagee become a tenant in Danny's house?
9. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
10. How does Jesus Maria Corcoran become the next tenant in the second house?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)