|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Danny feels both anger and _____________ that his second house has burned down.
2. How much does Pilon ask Pablo to pay in rent each month?
3. Where does Pilon move?
(a) The smaller of Danny's houses.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) An apartment.
(d) The homeless shelter.
4. Who is Pilon?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) The town barber.
(d) Danny's friend.
5. From whom does Danny get his inheritance?
Short Answer Questions
1. The unused bra will now be a gift for whom?
2. Danny is interested in the woman in #23 because she ________________________.
3. How much money does Pilon figure the Pirate must be hoarding?
4. Why can Danny not get the water turned on in the house?
5. What item does the person in #26 still want to buy for the object of his affections even though she leaves him to go with some soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Danny's reactions when he learns that his second house has burned down?
2. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
3. What do the paisanos learn is in the Pirates' canvas bag and what is done with the bag at the house?
4. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
5. How do the paisanos try to make peace with Danny?
6. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
7. Which woman is Danny interested in and what is the attraction?
8. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing when Pilon and Pablo are talking about deceased friends?
10. Who does Danny invite to live with him in his house?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)