|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shares wine with Pilon and Pablo?
(a) Max Sanchez.
(b) Jorge Garcia.
(c) Jesus Maria Corcoran.
(d) Jesus Luis.
2. The unused bra will now be a gift for whom?
(a) Mrs. Luiz.
(b) Mrs. Sanchez.
(c) Mrs. Torrelli.
(d) Mrs. Morales.
3. Who is invited to move into the house with Danny and the other men?
4. What word meaning "friend" is used in TORTILLA FLAT?
5. What do people do when they see the Pirate?
(a) Laugh or pity him.
(b) Give him wine and pity him.
(c) Laugh or give him money.
(d) Tell him jokes and give him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson do the men glean from the house burning down?
2. What does Pilon steal from Joe while Joe is asleep?
3. What sentence does Danny get for being drunk and disorderly?
4. What item does the person in #26 still want to buy for the object of his affections even though she leaves him to go with some soldiers?
5. At whose home to Pilon and Pablo have dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the paisanos try to make peace with Danny?
2. Why does Pilon think he will find the treasure in the St. Andrew's Eve dig?
3. How does Big Joe Portagee become a tenant in Danny's house?
4. Who is the protagonist of the story and how is he introduced in the novel?
5. What is the reason for Danny's becoming drunk and disorderly and what is his sentence?
6. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
7. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
8. Describe how Pilon and Joe dig for their treasure and what do they find?
9. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
10. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)