|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose home to Pilon and Pablo have dinner?
(a) Mrs. Torrelli's.
(b) Mrs. Garcia's.
(c) Mrs. Luiz's.
(d) Mrs. Tomas'.
2. What sentence does Danny get for being drunk and disorderly?
(a) 2 weeks in jail.
(b) 30 days in jail.
(c) 1 night in jail.
(d) 5 days in jail.
3. How many dogs does the Pirate have?
4. What does Pilon steal from Joe while Joe is asleep?
5. How much money does Pilon figure the Pirate must be hoarding?
(a) 5 dollars.
(b) 50 dollars.
(c) 25 dollars.
(d) 100 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pilon and Pablo bring Danny _____________ and the pink bra as a peace offering.
2. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
3. What does Pilon do to earn money?
4. Which woman is Danny interested in?
5. What does the Pirate sell every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the town of Tortilla Flat seem to thrive on and how do the paisanos feel about Danny's love interest?
2. Who is the protagonist of the story and how is he introduced in the novel?
3. Which woman is Danny interested in and what is the attraction?
4. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
5. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
6. How does the author use foreshadowing when Pilon and Pablo are talking about deceased friends?
7. What is the reason for Danny's becoming drunk and disorderly and what is his sentence?
8. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
9. How does Big Joe Portagee become a tenant in Danny's house?
10. Who does Danny invite to live with him in his house?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)