Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found during Pilon's treasure dig?
(a) A dog skeleton.
(b) A metal box of dubloons.
(c) A survey plaque.
(d) A coffin.
2. What payment does Senora Torrelli give Pilon for the stolen articles?
(a) 25 cents.
(b) 5 dollars.
(c) A quart of wine.
(d) 1 dollar.
3. What word meaning "friend" is used in TORTILLA FLAT?
4. Who returns home having been attacked by Arabella and the soldiers?
5. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
(a) A bracelet.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Danny receive the sentence he does?
2. Why does Pirate buy the item for St. Francis?
3. Where does Big Joe Portagee spend half his civilian life?
4. What do Danny and the jailer do while Danny is still incarcerated?
5. Danny is interested in the woman in #23 because she ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing when Pilon and Pablo are talking about deceased friends?
2. What does Pirate do with his dogs after he is moved by the stories of St. Francis in church?
3. Why can the paisanos not attend Danny's funeral?
4. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
5. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
6. At what point do the paisanos decide they must do something to stop Danny's destructive behavior?
7. What is the Pirate's daily ritual with his quarter and the canvas bag?
8. What does Pilon explain about keeping the treasures one finds in a St. Andrew's Eve dig?
9. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
10. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)