|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does the person in #26 still want to buy for the object of his affections even though she leaves him to go with some soldiers?
2. What does Danny warn Joe about?
(a) Paying his rent.
(b) Staying away from his bed.
(c) Staying away from Mrs. Morales.
(d) Snakes in the spring.
3. Who is Pilon's partner on St. Andrew's Eve?
4. For whom is Pilon digging for treasure?
5. What does Pilon rationalize might not be good for Danny?
(b) Mrs. Morales.
(c) Another tenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the large canvas bag that Pirate brings home to the men?
2. What word meaning "friend" is used in TORTILLA FLAT?
3. Why does Pilon think he will be the one to find the treasure?
4. How much does Pilon ask Pablo to pay in rent each month?
5. What do Danny and the jailer do while Danny is still incarcerated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
2. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
3. What do the paisanos learn is in the Pirates' canvas bag and what is done with the bag at the house?
4. How does Jesus Maria Corcoran become the next tenant in the second house?
5. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
6. Who is the protagonist of the story and how is he introduced in the novel?
7. Who does Danny invite to live with him in his house?
8. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
9. Which woman is Danny interested in and what is the attraction?
10. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)