|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Danny feels both anger and _____________ that his second house has burned down.
2. What does Pilon do to earn money?
(b) Cleans squid.
(c) Buses tables.
(d) Pumps gas.
3. How did the person in #26 get money for wine?
(a) Painting houses.
(b) Pumping gas.
(c) Hocking a rowboat.
(d) Cleaning squid.
4. Who is Pilon's partner on St. Andrew's Eve?
5. What do Pilon and Pablo worry about in the new housing arrangement?
(a) Paying rent.
(b) Getting enough sleep.
(c) No privacy.
(d) Providing food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pilon steal from Joe while Joe is asleep?
2. What do Pilon and Pablo wish it would rain from the sky?
3. Why does Pilon think he will be the one to find the treasure?
4. What word meaning "friend" is used in TORTILLA FLAT?
5. What do people do when they see the Pirate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pilon think he will find the treasure in the St. Andrew's Eve dig?
2. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
3. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
4. What is the reason for Danny's becoming drunk and disorderly and what is his sentence?
5. Who does Danny invite to live with him in his house?
6. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
7. Who is the protagonist of the story and how is he introduced in the novel?
8. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
9. How does Big Joe Portagee become a tenant in Danny's house?
10. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)