|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does the person in #26 buy wine, lingerie and whiskey?
(a) Anne Marie Garcia.
(b) Arabella Gross.
(c) Anabelle Gerard.
(d) Anna Luiz.
2. What does Danny ask Pilon?
(a) To go on vacation with him.
(b) To share Danny's house.
(c) To be his best man at the wedding.
(d) To lend him some money.
3. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
(c) A ring.
(d) A bracelet.
4. How much rent will Pilon pay each month?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 15 dollars.
(c) 30 dollars.
(d) 25 dollars.
5. What does Pilon rationalize might not be good for Danny?
(b) Mrs. Morales.
(c) Another tenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which saint is mentioned in the book?
2. How does Pilon choose a spot to dig for treasure?
3. What is found during Pilon's treasure dig?
4. What do the other paisanos find on St. Andrews Eve?
5. Danny is interested in the woman in #23 because she ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Pirate's daily ritual with his quarter and the canvas bag?
2. Who is Petey Ravanno and what is his relationship with Gracie?
3. What is unusual about the diet of Teresina's children and the manner in which they eat?
4. What are Danny's reactions when he learns that his second house has burned down?
5. What does the story about the vacuum cleaner show about Danny's personality? How does it impact Sweets' social standing create justified anger in Torrelli?
6. What is the story of the boy and the baby, Manuel?
7. Who is the Pirate and what does Pilon learn about his daily routine?
8. Who is Gracie Montez?
9. How does Big Joe fall in love with Tia Ignacia?
10. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)