|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other paisanos find on St. Andrews Eve?
(a) An empty buried chest.
(b) Some empty wine bottles.
(c) A skeleton.
2. What item does the person in #26 still want to buy for the object of his affections even though she leaves him to go with some soldiers?
3. How many dogs does the Pirate have?
4. What does Pilon rationalize might not be good for Danny?
(c) Another tenant.
(d) Mrs. Morales.
5. Why does Pirate buy the item for St. Francis?
(a) For his new friends.
(b) For curing his dog.
(c) For his good health.
(d) For letting him make a decent living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pilon steal from Joe while Joe is asleep?
2. From whom does Danny get his inheritance?
3. What does Danny ask Pilon?
4. At whose home to Pilon and Pablo have dinner?
5. How much does Pilon ask Pablo to pay in rent each month?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Steinbeck describe how historians will talk about Danny at his party on this night?
2. What do the paisanos do to Joe after he steals the Pirate's bag of quarters?
3. Who is Dolores Engracia (Sweets) Ramirez and what is her interest in Danny?
4. What is the source of the house fire and what lesson do the men learn from it?
5. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
6. How is the story of the corporal both pathetic and noble?
7. What do the paisanos learn is in the Pirates' canvas bag and what is done with the bag at the house?
8. What is the reason for Danny's becoming drunk and disorderly and what is his sentence?
9. What gift does Danny buy for Sweets and how does he begin to feel about her?
10. How does Pilon rationalize not getting any gold for Danny?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)