|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
(b) A ring.
(d) A bracelet.
2. What does Danny decide to do to Pilon and Pablo for burning down his second house?
(a) Forgive them.
(b) Punish them a bit.
(c) Sue them.
(d) Harass them.
3. What does Pilon scheme to take from Mrs. Pastano?
(a) Cherry pies.
4. What do Danny and the jailer do while Danny is still incarcerated?
(a) Go out for more wine.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Swap stories.
5. Who is invited to move into the house with Danny and the other men?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people do when they see the Pirate?
2. Danny feels both anger and _____________ that his second house has burned down.
3. With what sweet treat does Pilon attempt to be friendly with the Pirate?
4. Where does Pilon move?
5. What do Pilon and Pablo send the person in #25 to the wharf to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing when Pilon and Pablo are talking about deceased friends?
2. What does the town of Tortilla Flat seem to thrive on and how do the paisanos feel about Danny's love interest?
3. Who does Danny invite to live with him in his house?
4. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
5. Why do the paisanos follow the Pirate every morning?
6. What happens to Jesus Maria and what inspiration does Pilon have for the pink bra?
7. What does Pilon explain about keeping the treasures one finds in a St. Andrew's Eve dig?
8. Who is the protagonist of the story and how is he introduced in the novel?
9. What is the reason for Danny's becoming drunk and disorderly and what is his sentence?
10. How does Pilon try to convince the Pirate to come live in the house with the paisanos?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)