|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word meaning "friend" is used in TORTILLA FLAT?
2. Everything in Danny's house is ____________________.
(b) relatively new.
3. Pilon and Pablo bring Danny _____________ and the pink bra as a peace offering.
(a) a rooster.
(b) a gallon of wine.
(c) a cigar.
(d) deviled eggs.
4. How does Pilon choose a spot to dig for treasure?
(a) He had a dream about it.
(b) He sees a blue pillar of light.
(c) He has a metal detector.
(d) St. Andrew tells him the spot.
5. How much rent will Pilon pay each month?
(a) 15 dollars.
(b) 100 dollars.
(c) 25 dollars.
(d) 30 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what sweet treat does Pilon attempt to be friendly with the Pirate?
2. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
3. What is found during Pilon's treasure dig?
4. How much money does Pilon figure the Pirate must be hoarding?
5. Who is Pilon's partner on St. Andrew's Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition of Danny's house and how much rent is it agreed that Pilon will pay?
2. How does Jesus Maria Corcoran become the next tenant in the second house?
3. What are Danny's reactions when he learns that his second house has burned down?
4. Who does Danny invite to live with him in his house?
5. What does Pilon explain about keeping the treasures one finds in a St. Andrew's Eve dig?
6. How does Big Joe Portagee become a tenant in Danny's house?
7. What is Big Joe's experience with Pilon on St. Andrew's Eve?
8. How does Arabella Gross take advantage of Jesus Maria Corcoran?
9. What do the paisanos learn is in the Pirates' canvas bag and what is done with the bag at the house?
10. Where does Pilon actually move and who does he invite to move in with him?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)