|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steals the Pirate's bag?
2. What do the paisanos often use for bartering?
(c) Clocks and watches.
3. What does Dolores hope will happen when she invites the man in #76 to her home?
(a) It will be a romantic evening.
(b) He will ask her out.
(c) He will cook dinner.
(d) He will fix her sink.
4. What rank does the sixteen-year-old boy have in the Mexican army?
5. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
(b) Jesus Maria.
6. Where does Danny stop before he makes it to Torrelli's?
(a) Sweets's house.
(c) The Blue Gull.
7. What do the paisanos want to buy for the church in honor of St. Francis?
(a) A statue.
(b) A candlestick.
(d) A pew.
8. How does Danny feel about Sweets after awhile?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He is crazy about her.
(c) He can take her or leave her.
(d) He is tired of her.
9. What does Petey do when the girl in #140 rejects his marriage proposal?
(a) Keeps trying to win her heart.
(b) Shoots her.
(c) Runs off with another girl.
(d) Tries to hang himself.
10. Why does Danny plan to buy wine somewhere other than Torrelli's now?
(a) Torrelli marks up prices on everything.
(b) Torrelli stole Sweets away from Danny.
(c) Torrelli won't give Danny a credit account.
(d) Torrelli's wine has been poor quality lately.
11. Why does Cornelia vow to beat Emilio?
(a) He didn't show up when he said he would.
(b) The pig's mother wrecked her house.
(c) He proposed to someone else.
(d) He went out with another woman.
12. What do the paisanos do to Joe after they teach him a lesson?
(a) Send him to Confession.
(b) Ignore him for a week.
(c) Fix him a good dinner.
(d) Give him wine and put him in bed.
13. What does the person in #117 think he sees regarding the statue of St. Francis?
(a) It weeps.
(b) It prays.
(c) It smiles.
(d) It bows.
14. Why does the Pirate take his dogs to the woods?
(a) To let them run for awhile.
(b) To hunt for rabbits.
(c) For a Sunday afternoon outing.
(d) To tell them stories of St. Francis.
15. Tall Bob Smoke has the body of a _____________.
(b) basketball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Petey do in order to buy presents for the person in #140?
2. What does Danny buy at Torrelli's?
3. Dolores Ramirez can be best described as _____________________.
4. What do the paisanos make the Pirate leave outside of church?
5. How many children does Senora Teresina Cortez have?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)