|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank does the sixteen-year-old boy have in the Mexican army?
2. Which of the paisanos has a particularly moving experience in church?
(b) Jesus Maria.
(d) The Pirate.
3. Why had the corporal left Mexico with the baby?
(a) He wanted to live with family.
(b) He wanted a better life for his son.
(c) He was discharged from the army.
(d) There were two attempts on his life.
4. What happens when the children eat the pilfered food?
(a) They love it.
(b) They lose weight.
(c) They thrive.
(d) They get sick and cry.
5. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
(b) Jesus Maria.
6. What time of day do the paisanos usually get up?
(a) Early afternoon.
(c) Mid morning.
7. What must the corporal do to the capitan who stole his wife?
(a) Forgive him.
(c) Torture him.
(d) Kill him.
8. What do the paisanos steal from Sweets?
(b) Vacuum cleaner.
9. Who invites Joe into her home?
(a) Maria Garcia.
(b) Ava Moreno.
(c) Emma Sanchez.
(d) Tia Ignacia.
10. Cornelia Ruiz loves only love and ______________.
11. What does Danny find and sell to a rival supply company?
(a) A keg of nails.
(b) A stack of two by fours.
(c) Some cans of paint.
(d) A flat of shingles.
12. According to Jesus Maria, what is worse than being whipped?
(b) Being laughed at.
(c) Being rejected in love.
(d) Falling down stairs.
13. Why does the Pirate take his dogs to the woods?
(a) For a Sunday afternoon outing.
(b) To tell them stories of St. Francis.
(c) To hunt for rabbits.
(d) To let them run for awhile.
14. To whom does the Pirate give his daily quarter?
15. How much do the paisanos get from Torrelli for the item in #89?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) Two dinners.
(c) Two gallons of wine.
(d) Five dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dolores Engracia Ramirez's nickname?
2. How many children does Senora Teresina Cortez have?
3. What do Teresina's children eat for every meal?
4. Why does the Pirate sometimes lend Bob his dogs?
5. Why does Sweets not use the item in #86?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)