|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what do the Cortez children eat their food?
(a) Coffee cups.
(b) Big platters.
(c) Wooden bowls.
(d) The kitchen floor.
2. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
(d) Jesus Maria.
3. What happens when the children eat the pilfered food?
(a) They thrive.
(b) They love it.
(c) They get sick and cry.
(d) They lose weight.
4. How does Danny feel about Sweets after awhile?
(a) He is tired of her.
(b) He is crazy about her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He can take her or leave her.
5. Why does Cornelia vow to beat Emilio?
(a) He didn't show up when he said he would.
(b) The pig's mother wrecked her house.
(c) He proposed to someone else.
(d) He went out with another woman.
6. Why does Torrelli want to kill Pilon?
(a) For selling him a vacuum with no motor.
(b) For having an affair with his wife.
(c) For stealing food.
(d) For shooting into his bar.
7. Who steals the Pirate's bag?
8. Who invites Joe into her home?
(a) Tia Ignacia.
(b) Emma Sanchez.
(c) Maria Garcia.
(d) Ava Moreno.
9. What do Danny's friends think about Sweets?
(a) She is a golddigger.
(b) She is a thief.
(c) She is wearing Danny out.
(d) She is the perfect woman for Danny.
10. Why had the corporal left Mexico with the baby?
(a) There were two attempts on his life.
(b) He was discharged from the army.
(c) He wanted a better life for his son.
(d) He wanted to live with family.
11. What does the corporal tell his baby son every day?
(a) I love you more than anything.
(b) Your mama loves you very much.
(c) We will have a better life one day.
(d) You will be a general.
12. What rank does the sixteen-year-old boy have in the Mexican army?
13. What do the paisanos make the Pirate leave outside of church?
(a) His bike.
(b) His old coat.
(c) His boots.
(d) His dogs.
14. What does the woman in #104 do to Joe when he falls asleep?
(a) Whispers to him.
(b) Lets him sleep.
(c) Tickles him.
(d) Beats him with a stick.
15. Why does Sweets not use the item in #86?
(a) She has no electricity.
(b) She does not cook.
(c) She can't accept the gift.
(d) She doesn't know how.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Pilon throw rocks at train engines as a child?
2. How old is the person in #104?
3. What food do the paisanos eventually steal which is better for the children?
4. What do the paisanos steal from Sweets?
5. What do the paisanos do after a shipwreck?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)