|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jesus Maria, what is worse than being whipped?
(a) Being laughed at.
(b) Being rejected in love.
(d) Falling down stairs.
2. With whom is Petey Ravanno in love?
(a) Evie Montana.
(b) Gracie Montez.
(c) Ava Monroe.
(d) Marie Luiz.
3. What does Danny find and sell to a rival supply company?
(a) A keg of nails.
(b) A flat of shingles.
(c) A stack of two by fours.
(d) Some cans of paint.
4. What rank does the sixteen-year-old boy have in the Mexican army?
5. When does Danny promise to return to the location in #81?
(a) In a couple hours.
(b) Next week.
(c) Tomorrow night.
(d) That evening.
6. Why does Torrelli want to kill Pilon?
(a) For having an affair with his wife.
(b) For shooting into his bar.
(c) For stealing food.
(d) For selling him a vacuum with no motor.
7. What does the woman in #104 do to Joe when he falls asleep?
(a) Beats him with a stick.
(b) Lets him sleep.
(c) Whispers to him.
(d) Tickles him.
8. What happened to the Corporal's wife?
(a) She died in childbirth.
(b) She went back to Mexico.
(c) She was shot trying to escape prison.
(d) She was stolen by a capitan.
9. What happens when the children eat the pilfered food?
(a) They get sick and cry.
(b) They lose weight.
(c) They thrive.
(d) They love it.
10. Where does Danny stop before he makes it to Torrelli's?
(a) Sweets's house.
(d) The Blue Gull.
11. What seems to puzzle Teresina Cortez?
(a) Why she can't keep a job.
(b) How she keeps getting pregnant.
(c) Where her husband is now.
(d) Why the paisanos won't leave her alone.
12. What does Danny buy at Torrelli's?
(a) A gallon of wine.
(c) A quart of wine.
(d) A keg of beer.
13. What does Emilio Murietta give to Cornelia?
(a) A table.
(b) A vacuum cleaner.
(d) A pig.
14. Where does Joe find shelter on a rainy day?
(a) In bed.
(b) Under a rowboat.
(c) Under a pier.
(d) In a crab shack.
15. Why does the Pirate sometimes lend Bob his dogs?
(a) So he can go hunting.
(b) So he won't be lonely.
(c) So he can see if he wants a dog.
(d) So people will think Bob caught them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the paisanos do to Joe after they teach him a lesson?
2. What time of day do the paisanos usually get up?
3. To whom does the Pirate give his daily quarter?
4. What does the person in #117 think he sees regarding the statue of St. Francis?
5. What must the corporal do to the capitan who stole his wife?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)