|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reports that Torrelli wants to kill Pilon?
(c) Johnny Pom-pom.
2. Why does Sweets not use the item in #86?
(a) She has no electricity.
(b) She does not cook.
(c) She doesn't know how.
(d) She can't accept the gift.
3. What does Danny find and sell to a rival supply company?
(a) A flat of shingles.
(b) A stack of two by fours.
(c) Some cans of paint.
(d) A keg of nails.
4. In which man is Dolores primarily interested?
5. Who steals the Pirate's bag?
6. Which of the paisanos has a particularly moving experience in church?
(c) Jesus Maria.
(d) The Pirate.
7. From what do the Cortez children eat their food?
(a) Big platters.
(b) Coffee cups.
(c) The kitchen floor.
(d) Wooden bowls.
8. What happened to the Corporal's wife?
(a) She went back to Mexico.
(b) She died in childbirth.
(c) She was stolen by a capitan.
(d) She was shot trying to escape prison.
9. What do the paisanos often use for bartering?
(a) Clocks and watches.
10. What happens to Bob when he tries to kill himself?
(a) He shoots off his big toe.
(b) He shoots out a lamp.
(c) He takes vitamins instead of sleeping pills.
(d) He shoots off the end of his nose.
11. What does the corporal tell his baby son every day?
(a) You will be a general.
(b) Your mama loves you very much.
(c) We will have a better life one day.
(d) I love you more than anything.
12. Why does the Pirate sometimes lend Bob his dogs?
(a) So he can see if he wants a dog.
(b) So he can go hunting.
(c) So he won't be lonely.
(d) So people will think Bob caught them.
13. What does the person in #117 think he sees regarding the statue of St. Francis?
(a) It smiles.
(b) It prays.
(c) It bows.
(d) It weeps.
14. Who helps Danny finish half the item in #83?
15. What is the name of the priest to whom the paisanos give the coins?
(a) Fr. Gonzalez.
(b) Fr. Ramon.
(c) Fr. Luiz.
(d) Fr. Garcia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Pirate take his dogs to the woods?
2. What does the woman in #104 do to Joe when he falls asleep?
3. What do the paisanos do to the person in #111 to teach him not to steal?
4. What are Joe and the woman in #104 caught doing in public?
5. How many children does Senora Teresina Cortez have?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)