|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Danny feel about Sweets after awhile?
(a) He is crazy about her.
(b) He can take her or leave her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He is tired of her.
2. What is the name of the priest to whom the paisanos give the coins?
(a) Fr. Garcia.
(b) Fr. Luiz.
(c) Fr. Gonzalez.
(d) Fr. Ramon.
3. Why does the Pirate sometimes lend Bob his dogs?
(a) So people will think Bob caught them.
(b) So he can go hunting.
(c) So he won't be lonely.
(d) So he can see if he wants a dog.
4. Cornelia Ruiz loves only love and ______________.
5. What does Teresina do each year to help insure a good bean crop?
(a) Burns a candle.
(b) Goes to church every morning.
(c) Prays to St. Francis.
(d) Says the rosary every night.
6. What does the corporal tell his baby son every day?
(a) You will be a general.
(b) Your mama loves you very much.
(c) We will have a better life one day.
(d) I love you more than anything.
7. Which of the paisanos has a particularly moving experience in church?
(a) The Pirate.
(b) Jesus Maria.
8. What does Emilio Murietta give to Cornelia?
(a) A vacuum cleaner.
(b) A pig.
(d) A table.
9. What must the corporal do to the capitan who stole his wife?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Torture him.
10. With whom is Petey Ravanno in love?
(a) Evie Montana.
(b) Ava Monroe.
(c) Marie Luiz.
(d) Gracie Montez.
11. Where does Dolores try to attract men?
(a) Her front gate.
(b) A street corner.
(c) A bar.
(d) A cafe.
12. What do the paisanos do to the person in #111 to teach him not to steal?
(a) Cut off the fingers on his right hand.
(b) Make small cuts on his back and rub salt into them.
(c) Take him to the police station.
(d) Chain him to a bed.
13. Who helps Danny finish half the item in #83?
14. Why do the paisanos not clean the windows of Danny's house?
(a) The kids would just mess them up again.
(b) Someone cleans them once a year.
(c) It would let in too much light.
(d) They are too high to reach.
15. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
(a) Jesus Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Pilon throw rocks at train engines as a child?
2. What is the name of the sick baby?
3. What does the person in #117 think he sees regarding the statue of St. Francis?
4. What does Petey do when the girl in #140 rejects his marriage proposal?
5. What do Danny's friends think about Sweets?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)