|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Danny buy the item in #83?
2. What happened to the Corporal's wife?
(a) She was shot trying to escape prison.
(b) She was stolen by a capitan.
(c) She went back to Mexico.
(d) She died in childbirth.
3. Why do the paisanos not clean the windows of Danny's house?
(a) Someone cleans them once a year.
(b) It would let in too much light.
(c) They are too high to reach.
(d) The kids would just mess them up again.
4. What do the paisanos steal from Sweets?
(a) Vacuum cleaner.
5. What is the name of the priest to whom the paisanos give the coins?
(a) Fr. Ramon.
(b) Fr. Luiz.
(c) Fr. Gonzalez.
(d) Fr. Garcia.
6. Where does Danny head after selling the items in #79?
(c) The Blue Gull.
7. What do the paisanos make the Pirate leave outside of church?
(a) His boots.
(b) His bike.
(c) His old coat.
(d) His dogs.
8. What do the paisanos do to Joe after they teach him a lesson?
(a) Send him to Confession.
(b) Ignore him for a week.
(c) Give him wine and put him in bed.
(d) Fix him a good dinner.
9. Why did Pilon throw rocks at train engines as a child?
(a) He liked to get people's attention.
(b) The firemen would throw coal which he took to his mother.
(c) He was just bored and looking for something to do.
(d) He wanted to improve his pitching skills.
10. What time of day do the paisanos usually get up?
(b) Mid morning.
(c) Early afternoon.
11. What food do the paisanos eventually steal which is better for the children?
(d) Pink beans.
12. How does Danny feel about Sweets after awhile?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He is tired of her.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He can take her or leave her.
13. What is Tall Bob Smoke's profession?
(b) Dog catcher.
14. Where does Danny stop before he makes it to Torrelli's?
(c) The Blue Gull.
(d) Sweets's house.
15. What does Danny find and sell to a rival supply company?
(a) A stack of two by fours.
(b) A flat of shingles.
(c) A keg of nails.
(d) Some cans of paint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals the Pirate's bag?
2. What does the person in #117 think he sees regarding the statue of St. Francis?
3. According to Jesus Maria, what is worse than being whipped?
4. What does Emilio Murietta give to Cornelia?
5. Why does Torrelli want to kill Pilon?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)