|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Danny buy the item in #83?
2. What do the paisanos make the Pirate leave outside of church?
(a) His boots.
(b) His bike.
(c) His old coat.
(d) His dogs.
3. Why did Pilon throw rocks at train engines as a child?
(a) He wanted to improve his pitching skills.
(b) The firemen would throw coal which he took to his mother.
(c) He liked to get people's attention.
(d) He was just bored and looking for something to do.
4. Who is tending the sixteen-year-old boy and the sick baby when Jesus Maria encounters them?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A truant officer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A store owner.
5. With whom is Petey Ravanno in love?
(a) Gracie Montez.
(b) Marie Luiz.
(c) Evie Montana.
(d) Ava Monroe.
6. What do the paisanos do to the person in #111 to teach him not to steal?
(a) Cut off the fingers on his right hand.
(b) Chain him to a bed.
(c) Make small cuts on his back and rub salt into them.
(d) Take him to the police station.
7. What does the person in #117 think he sees regarding the statue of St. Francis?
(a) It smiles.
(b) It bows.
(c) It weeps.
(d) It prays.
8. What does Danny buy at Torrelli's?
(a) A quart of wine.
(b) A gallon of wine.
(d) A keg of beer.
9. What do the paisanos want to buy for the church in honor of St. Francis?
(a) A statue.
(b) A pew.
(c) A candlestick.
10. Why does Cornelia vow to beat Emilio?
(a) The pig's mother wrecked her house.
(b) He didn't show up when he said he would.
(c) He proposed to someone else.
(d) He went out with another woman.
11. Who invites Joe into her home?
(a) Maria Garcia.
(b) Tia Ignacia.
(c) Emma Sanchez.
(d) Ava Moreno.
12. What happens to Bob when he tries to kill himself?
(a) He takes vitamins instead of sleeping pills.
(b) He shoots out a lamp.
(c) He shoots off the end of his nose.
(d) He shoots off his big toe.
13. Dolores Ramirez can be best described as _____________________.
(a) curvy and seductive.
(b) pinched and whiny.
(c) roly-poly and giggly.
(d) hatchet-faced and lumpy.
14. Why does the Pirate take his dogs to the woods?
(a) To tell them stories of St. Francis.
(b) To hunt for rabbits.
(c) To let them run for awhile.
(d) For a Sunday afternoon outing.
15. What is notable about the woman in #104?
(a) She is a widow.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She is a spinster.
(d) She is a beauty queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the priest to whom the paisanos give the coins?
2. What seems to puzzle Teresina Cortez?
3. After Petey gets married, who does his father begin to lust after?
4. Who reports that Torrelli wants to kill Pilon?
5. What does Teresina do each year to help insure a good bean crop?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)