|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Danny stop before he makes it to Torrelli's?
(a) Sweets's house.
(d) The Blue Gull.
2. How old is the person in #104?
3. What do the paisanos want to buy for the church in honor of St. Francis?
(a) A statue.
(b) A candlestick.
(c) A pew.
4. What happens when the children eat the pilfered food?
(a) They lose weight.
(b) They get sick and cry.
(c) They thrive.
(d) They love it.
5. What is Dolores Engracia Ramirez's nickname?
(a) Sweet Cheeks.
(c) Sugar Lips.
6. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
(a) Jesus Maria.
7. What does the corporal tell his baby son every day?
(a) Your mama loves you very much.
(b) You will be a general.
(c) I love you more than anything.
(d) We will have a better life one day.
8. How does Danny feel about Sweets after awhile?
(a) He can take her or leave her.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He is tired of her.
9. Why did Pilon throw rocks at train engines as a child?
(a) He wanted to improve his pitching skills.
(b) He was just bored and looking for something to do.
(c) The firemen would throw coal which he took to his mother.
(d) He liked to get people's attention.
10. What is the name of the sick baby?
11. What seems to puzzle Teresina Cortez?
(a) Why she can't keep a job.
(b) Why the paisanos won't leave her alone.
(c) Where her husband is now.
(d) How she keeps getting pregnant.
12. Why does Danny plan to buy wine somewhere other than Torrelli's now?
(a) Torrelli marks up prices on everything.
(b) Torrelli's wine has been poor quality lately.
(c) Torrelli won't give Danny a credit account.
(d) Torrelli stole Sweets away from Danny.
13. What time of day do the paisanos usually get up?
(a) Mid morning.
(d) Early afternoon.
14. From what do the Cortez children eat their food?
(a) Wooden bowls.
(b) The kitchen floor.
(c) Coffee cups.
(d) Big platters.
15. What does Teresina do each year to help insure a good bean crop?
(a) Says the rosary every night.
(b) Goes to church every morning.
(c) Prays to St. Francis.
(d) Burns a candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Jesus Maria best be characterized?
2. What is Tall Bob Smoke's profession?
3. What is notable about the woman in #104?
4. Why had the corporal left Mexico with the baby?
5. Why does the Pirate take his dogs to the woods?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)