|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the paisanos do after a shipwreck?
(a) Clean up the debris.
(b) Log the information in a journal.
(c) Pick up driftwood.
(d) Comb the beach for objects to sell.
2. How does Danny feel about Sweets after awhile?
(a) He is tired of her.
(b) He is crazy about her.
(c) He can take her or leave her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
3. Why does the Pirate take his dogs to the woods?
(a) For a Sunday afternoon outing.
(b) To let them run for awhile.
(c) To tell them stories of St. Francis.
(d) To hunt for rabbits.
4. For whom does Danny buy the item in #83?
5. What does Danny buy for Sweets?
(a) Vacuum cleaner.
(d) Food processor.
6. How many children does Senora Teresina Cortez have?
7. Where does Danny head after selling the items in #79?
(c) The Blue Gull.
8. Why does Danny plan to buy wine somewhere other than Torrelli's now?
(a) Torrelli won't give Danny a credit account.
(b) Torrelli marks up prices on everything.
(c) Torrelli stole Sweets away from Danny.
(d) Torrelli's wine has been poor quality lately.
9. What does Teresina do each year to help insure a good bean crop?
(a) Burns a candle.
(b) Says the rosary every night.
(c) Goes to church every morning.
(d) Prays to St. Francis.
10. Why do the paisanos not clean the windows of Danny's house?
(a) It would let in too much light.
(b) The kids would just mess them up again.
(c) They are too high to reach.
(d) Someone cleans them once a year.
11. Why did Pilon throw rocks at train engines as a child?
(a) He was just bored and looking for something to do.
(b) He liked to get people's attention.
(c) He wanted to improve his pitching skills.
(d) The firemen would throw coal which he took to his mother.
12. Who invites Joe into her home?
(a) Maria Garcia.
(b) Tia Ignacia.
(c) Emma Sanchez.
(d) Ava Moreno.
13. Who is tending the sixteen-year-old boy and the sick baby when Jesus Maria encounters them?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A priest.
(c) A truant officer.
(d) A store owner.
14. What happens to Bob when he tries to kill himself?
(a) He takes vitamins instead of sleeping pills.
(b) He shoots off his big toe.
(c) He shoots off the end of his nose.
(d) He shoots out a lamp.
15. What does Danny buy at Torrelli's?
(b) A gallon of wine.
(c) A keg of beer.
(d) A quart of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolores hope will happen when she invites the man in #76 to her home?
2. What happens when the children eat the pilfered food?
3. What is the name of the sick baby?
4. What happened to the Corporal's wife?
5. What do the paisanos want to buy for the church in honor of St. Francis?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)