|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is tending the sixteen-year-old boy and the sick baby when Jesus Maria encounters them?
(a) A priest.
(b) A store owner.
(c) A truant officer.
(d) A policeman.
2. Why does Cornelia vow to beat Emilio?
(a) He went out with another woman.
(b) The pig's mother wrecked her house.
(c) He didn't show up when he said he would.
(d) He proposed to someone else.
3. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
(a) Jesus Maria.
4. Dolores Ramirez can be best described as _____________________.
(a) roly-poly and giggly.
(b) pinched and whiny.
(c) hatchet-faced and lumpy.
(d) curvy and seductive.
5. With whom is Petey Ravanno in love?
(a) Ava Monroe.
(b) Evie Montana.
(c) Gracie Montez.
(d) Marie Luiz.
6. Who helps Danny finish half the item in #83?
7. What does Petey do when the girl in #140 rejects his marriage proposal?
(a) Keeps trying to win her heart.
(b) Runs off with another girl.
(c) Tries to hang himself.
(d) Shoots her.
8. What is the name of the sick baby?
9. How can Jesus Maria best be characterized?
10. How much do the paisanos get from Torrelli for the item in #89?
(a) Two gallons of wine.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) Two dinners.
(d) Five dollars.
11. How does Danny feel about Sweets after awhile?
(a) He is crazy about her.
(b) He is tired of her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He can take her or leave her.
12. What does Danny buy at Torrelli's?
(a) A quart of wine.
(b) A keg of beer.
(d) A gallon of wine.
13. What does Emilio Murietta give to Cornelia?
(a) A pig.
(b) A table.
(d) A vacuum cleaner.
14. According to Jesus Maria, what is worse than being whipped?
(b) Falling down stairs.
(c) Being rejected in love.
(d) Being laughed at.
15. What does the person in #117 think he sees regarding the statue of St. Francis?
(a) It bows.
(b) It weeps.
(c) It smiles.
(d) It prays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sweets not use the item in #86?
2. Where does Danny stop before he makes it to Torrelli's?
3. In which man is Dolores primarily interested?
4. How old is the person in #104?
5. What do the paisanos do to the person in #111 to teach him not to steal?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)