|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bob when he tries to kill himself?
(a) He shoots out a lamp.
(b) He shoots off the end of his nose.
(c) He takes vitamins instead of sleeping pills.
(d) He shoots off his big toe.
2. Why did Pilon throw rocks at train engines as a child?
(a) He wanted to improve his pitching skills.
(b) He liked to get people's attention.
(c) He was just bored and looking for something to do.
(d) The firemen would throw coal which he took to his mother.
3. What do the paisanos do after a shipwreck?
(a) Comb the beach for objects to sell.
(b) Log the information in a journal.
(c) Pick up driftwood.
(d) Clean up the debris.
4. Why does Torrelli want to kill Pilon?
(a) For selling him a vacuum with no motor.
(b) For shooting into his bar.
(c) For stealing food.
(d) For having an affair with his wife.
5. Why does the Pirate take his dogs to the woods?
(a) For a Sunday afternoon outing.
(b) To tell them stories of St. Francis.
(c) To hunt for rabbits.
(d) To let them run for awhile.
6. What do the paisanos often use for bartering?
(d) Clocks and watches.
7. For what reason does Dolores plan to invite the man in #76 to her home?
(a) Glass of wine.
8. What do Teresina's children eat for every meal?
9. What must the corporal do to the capitan who stole his wife?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Kill him.
(d) Forgive him.
10. How old is the person in #104?
11. What is Tall Bob Smoke's profession?
(b) Dog catcher.
12. What do the paisanos do to the person in #111 to teach him not to steal?
(a) Make small cuts on his back and rub salt into them.
(b) Take him to the police station.
(c) Chain him to a bed.
(d) Cut off the fingers on his right hand.
13. Who helps Danny finish half the item in #83?
14. In which man is Dolores primarily interested?
15. What do Danny's friends think about Sweets?
(a) She is wearing Danny out.
(b) She is the perfect woman for Danny.
(c) She is a golddigger.
(d) She is a thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Joe and the woman in #104 caught doing in public?
2. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
3. What does Emilio Murietta give to Cornelia?
4. What time of day do the paisanos usually get up?
5. What work does Petey do in order to buy presents for the person in #140?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)