|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Petey Ravanno in love?
(a) Evie Montana.
(b) Ava Monroe.
(c) Gracie Montez.
(d) Marie Luiz.
2. After Petey gets married, who does his father begin to lust after?
3. When does Danny promise to return to the location in #81?
(a) That evening.
(b) Next week.
(c) In a couple hours.
(d) Tomorrow night.
4. Who invites Joe into her home?
(a) Emma Sanchez.
(b) Tia Ignacia.
(c) Maria Garcia.
(d) Ava Moreno.
5. What is the name of the sick baby?
6. What does Danny find and sell to a rival supply company?
(a) Some cans of paint.
(b) A flat of shingles.
(c) A keg of nails.
(d) A stack of two by fours.
7. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
(a) Jesus Maria.
8. What happens when the children eat the pilfered food?
(a) They lose weight.
(b) They thrive.
(c) They get sick and cry.
(d) They love it.
9. Where does Danny stop before he makes it to Torrelli's?
(a) Sweets's house.
(d) The Blue Gull.
10. Who is tending the sixteen-year-old boy and the sick baby when Jesus Maria encounters them?
(a) A priest.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A truant officer.
(d) A store owner.
11. What does Emilio Murietta give to Cornelia?
(b) A vacuum cleaner.
(c) A table.
(d) A pig.
12. What happens to Bob when he tries to kill himself?
(a) He takes vitamins instead of sleeping pills.
(b) He shoots out a lamp.
(c) He shoots off the end of his nose.
(d) He shoots off his big toe.
13. What does the person in #117 think he sees regarding the statue of St. Francis?
(a) It prays.
(b) It smiles.
(c) It weeps.
(d) It bows.
14. What does the corporal tell his baby son every day?
(a) We will have a better life one day.
(b) You will be a general.
(c) Your mama loves you very much.
(d) I love you more than anything.
15. What do the paisanos do after a shipwreck?
(a) Comb the beach for objects to sell.
(b) Clean up the debris.
(c) Log the information in a journal.
(d) Pick up driftwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tall Bob Smoke has the body of a _____________.
2. Why does Danny plan to buy wine somewhere other than Torrelli's now?
3. What rank does the sixteen-year-old boy have in the Mexican army?
4. What food do the paisanos eventually steal which is better for the children?
5. According to Jesus Maria, what is worse than being whipped?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)