|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the paisanos do after a shipwreck?
(a) Log the information in a journal.
(b) Clean up the debris.
(c) Pick up driftwood.
(d) Comb the beach for objects to sell.
2. Dolores Ramirez can be best described as _____________________.
(a) curvy and seductive.
(b) roly-poly and giggly.
(c) hatchet-faced and lumpy.
(d) pinched and whiny.
3. What rank does the sixteen-year-old boy have in the Mexican army?
4. For whom does Danny buy the item in #83?
5. What must the corporal do to the capitan who stole his wife?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Torture him.
(d) Forgive him.
6. What does Dolores hope will happen when she invites the man in #76 to her home?
(a) It will be a romantic evening.
(b) He will ask her out.
(c) He will cook dinner.
(d) He will fix her sink.
7. What are Joe and the woman in #104 caught doing in public?
(a) Making love.
(b) Smoking pot.
(d) Skinny dipping.
8. What is the name of the sick baby?
9. What food do the paisanos eventually steal which is better for the children?
(a) Pink beans.
10. Why does Danny plan to buy wine somewhere other than Torrelli's now?
(a) Torrelli marks up prices on everything.
(b) Torrelli's wine has been poor quality lately.
(c) Torrelli stole Sweets away from Danny.
(d) Torrelli won't give Danny a credit account.
11. Where does Joe find shelter on a rainy day?
(a) In a crab shack.
(b) Under a rowboat.
(c) Under a pier.
(d) In bed.
12. How does Danny feel about Sweets after awhile?
(a) He is tired of her.
(b) He is crazy about her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He can take her or leave her.
13. What does the person in #117 think he sees regarding the statue of St. Francis?
(a) It prays.
(b) It smiles.
(c) It weeps.
(d) It bows.
14. What happens to Bob when he tries to kill himself?
(a) He takes vitamins instead of sleeping pills.
(b) He shoots out a lamp.
(c) He shoots off the end of his nose.
(d) He shoots off his big toe.
15. What work does Petey do in order to buy presents for the person in #140?
(a) Pumps gas.
(b) Milks cows.
(c) Picks tomatoes.
(d) Cuts squid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emilio Murietta give to Cornelia?
2. Where does Dolores try to attract men?
3. What happened to the Corporal's wife?
4. Why does the Pirate take his dogs to the woods?
5. What seems to puzzle Teresina Cortez?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)