|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the paisanos not clean the windows of Danny's house?
(a) Someone cleans them once a year.
(b) The kids would just mess them up again.
(c) It would let in too much light.
(d) They are too high to reach.
2. Why does the Pirate take his dogs to the woods?
(a) For a Sunday afternoon outing.
(b) To hunt for rabbits.
(c) To let them run for awhile.
(d) To tell them stories of St. Francis.
3. What do Teresina's children eat for every meal?
4. To whom does the Pirate give his daily quarter?
5. What is the name of the sick baby?
6. What do the paisanos want to buy for the church in honor of St. Francis?
(a) A candlestick.
(b) A statue.
(d) A pew.
7. Why did Pilon throw rocks at train engines as a child?
(a) The firemen would throw coal which he took to his mother.
(b) He liked to get people's attention.
(c) He was just bored and looking for something to do.
(d) He wanted to improve his pitching skills.
8. Where does Danny stop before he makes it to Torrelli's?
(a) The Blue Gull.
(c) Sweets's house.
9. In which man is Dolores primarily interested?
10. How many children does Senora Teresina Cortez have?
11. What do the paisanos often use for bartering?
(a) Clocks and watches.
12. Why had the corporal left Mexico with the baby?
(a) He was discharged from the army.
(b) He wanted a better life for his son.
(c) He wanted to live with family.
(d) There were two attempts on his life.
13. What food do the paisanos eventually steal which is better for the children?
(a) Pink beans.
14. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
(c) Jesus Maria.
15. What does Petey do when the girl in #140 rejects his marriage proposal?
(a) Shoots her.
(b) Tries to hang himself.
(c) Runs off with another girl.
(d) Keeps trying to win her heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresina do each year to help insure a good bean crop?
2. What does Danny buy for Sweets?
3. Who is tending the sixteen-year-old boy and the sick baby when Jesus Maria encounters them?
4. What work does Petey do in order to buy presents for the person in #140?
5. What is Teresina Cortez' aged mother's name?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)