|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the paisanos want to buy for the church in honor of St. Francis?
(a) A pew.
(b) A candlestick.
(d) A statue.
2. Why does the Pirate sometimes lend Bob his dogs?
(a) So he won't be lonely.
(b) So he can go hunting.
(c) So people will think Bob caught them.
(d) So he can see if he wants a dog.
3. What does Danny buy at Torrelli's?
(a) A keg of beer.
(b) A quart of wine.
(d) A gallon of wine.
4. What do the paisanos do after a shipwreck?
(a) Pick up driftwood.
(b) Comb the beach for objects to sell.
(c) Log the information in a journal.
(d) Clean up the debris.
5. Where does Danny stop before he makes it to Torrelli's?
(a) The Blue Gull.
(d) Sweets's house.
6. From what do the Cortez children eat their food?
(a) Coffee cups.
(b) Wooden bowls.
(c) Big platters.
(d) The kitchen floor.
7. What are Joe and the woman in #104 caught doing in public?
(a) Smoking pot.
(b) Skinny dipping.
(c) Making love.
8. How many children does Senora Teresina Cortez have?
9. What does the corporal tell his baby son every day?
(a) Your mama loves you very much.
(b) You will be a general.
(c) I love you more than anything.
(d) We will have a better life one day.
10. What does the woman in #104 do to Joe when he falls asleep?
(a) Lets him sleep.
(b) Tickles him.
(c) Beats him with a stick.
(d) Whispers to him.
11. Why did Pilon throw rocks at train engines as a child?
(a) The firemen would throw coal which he took to his mother.
(b) He liked to get people's attention.
(c) He wanted to improve his pitching skills.
(d) He was just bored and looking for something to do.
12. What is the name of the priest to whom the paisanos give the coins?
(a) Fr. Gonzalez.
(b) Fr. Garcia.
(c) Fr. Luiz.
(d) Fr. Ramon.
13. What is the name of the sick baby?
14. What happened to the Corporal's wife?
(a) She went back to Mexico.
(b) She died in childbirth.
(c) She was shot trying to escape prison.
(d) She was stolen by a capitan.
15. Which of the paisanos has a particularly moving experience in church?
(a) The Pirate.
(d) Jesus Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Torrelli want to kill Pilon?
2. How can Jesus Maria best be characterized?
3. What do the paisanos do to Joe after they teach him a lesson?
4. Why does Cornelia vow to beat Emilio?
5. Who leads the paisanos in a minor crime wave in order to get food for Teresina's children?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)