|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tall Bob Smoke's profession?
(a) Dog catcher.
2. After Petey gets married, who does his father begin to lust after?
3. What must the corporal do to the capitan who stole his wife?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Torture him.
(d) Kill him.
4. What do Teresina's children eat for every meal?
5. What time of day do the paisanos usually get up?
(a) Early afternoon.
(d) Mid morning.
6. Dolores Ramirez can be best described as _____________________.
(a) pinched and whiny.
(b) hatchet-faced and lumpy.
(c) curvy and seductive.
(d) roly-poly and giggly.
7. Why does the Pirate sometimes lend Bob his dogs?
(a) So he can see if he wants a dog.
(b) So people will think Bob caught them.
(c) So he can go hunting.
(d) So he won't be lonely.
8. Cornelia Ruiz loves only love and ______________.
9. Who steals the Pirate's bag?
10. What happens when the children eat the pilfered food?
(a) They love it.
(b) They thrive.
(c) They get sick and cry.
(d) They lose weight.
11. Who is tending the sixteen-year-old boy and the sick baby when Jesus Maria encounters them?
(a) A truant officer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A store owner.
12. What does Petey do when the girl in #140 rejects his marriage proposal?
(a) Keeps trying to win her heart.
(b) Shoots her.
(c) Tries to hang himself.
(d) Runs off with another girl.
13. What is the name of the priest to whom the paisanos give the coins?
(a) Fr. Ramon.
(b) Fr. Luiz.
(c) Fr. Gonzalez.
(d) Fr. Garcia.
14. What does the corporal tell his baby son every day?
(a) I love you more than anything.
(b) Your mama loves you very much.
(c) You will be a general.
(d) We will have a better life one day.
15. Who invites Joe into her home?
(a) Ava Moreno.
(b) Emma Sanchez.
(c) Maria Garcia.
(d) Tia Ignacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had the corporal left Mexico with the baby?
2. What do the paisanos often use for bartering?
3. What do Danny's friends think about Sweets?
4. From what do the Cortez children eat their food?
5. What rank does the sixteen-year-old boy have in the Mexican army?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)