|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word meaning "friend" is used in TORTILLA FLAT?
2. For whom does the person in #26 buy wine, lingerie and whiskey?
(a) Anabelle Gerard.
(b) Anne Marie Garcia.
(c) Arabella Gross.
(d) Anna Luiz.
3. Danny feels both anger and _____________ that his second house has burned down.
4. How much does Pilon ask Pablo to pay in rent each month?
5. Where does Big Joe Portagee spend half his civilian life?
(b) Boxing ring.
6. Who is invited to move into the house with Danny and the other men?
7. At whose home to Pilon and Pablo have dinner?
(a) Mrs. Luiz's.
(b) Mrs. Tomas'.
(c) Mrs. Garcia's.
(d) Mrs. Torrelli's.
8. Who does Pilon make dig at the treasure spot?
9. What do the men try to learn from Pirate?
(a) How to roll cigarettes.
(b) Where the money is.
(c) How to steal without getting caught.
(d) How to play Euchre.
10. What do Pilon and Pablo wish it would rain from the sky?
(c) Good wine.
11. How does Pilon get Joe's trousers back?
(a) He barters for them.
(b) He does not get them back.
(c) He steals them.
(d) He buys them.
12. What does the Pirate sell every day?
13. What does Danny ask Pilon?
(a) To be his best man at the wedding.
(b) To lend him some money.
(c) To go on vacation with him.
(d) To share Danny's house.
14. Why does Pilon think he will be the one to find the treasure?
(a) He has a good metal detector.
(b) His heart is clean and unselfish.
(c) He has a sixth sense about these things.
(d) He has won before.
15. What is Danny's role in TORTILLA FLAT?
(b) Supporting character.
(c) Comedic foil.
(d) Force of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pilon invite to live in the house with him?
2. How did the person in #26 get money for wine?
3. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
4. What do people do when they see the Pirate?
5. For whom is Pilon digging for treasure?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)