|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Pirate buy for St. Francis?
(b) Prayer card.
2. Which saint is mentioned in the book?
(a) St. Jude.
(b) St. Anthony.
(c) St. Francis.
(d) St. Nicholas.
3. What sentence does Danny get for being drunk and disorderly?
(a) 5 days in jail.
(b) 30 days in jail.
(c) 2 weeks in jail.
(d) 1 night in jail.
4. What does Jesus Maria pledge to do for Danny?
(a) Find him a job.
(b) Repair furniture.
(c) Provide food.
(d) Paint the house.
5. Pilon and Pablo bring Danny _____________ and the pink bra as a peace offering.
(a) a rooster.
(b) a gallon of wine.
(c) deviled eggs.
(d) a cigar.
6. What word meaning "friend" is used in TORTILLA FLAT?
7. How much rent will Pilon pay each month?
(a) 25 dollars.
(b) 15 dollars.
(c) 100 dollars.
(d) 30 dollars.
8. Where does Big Joe Portagee spend half his civilian life?
(d) Boxing ring.
9. What do the other paisanos find on St. Andrews Eve?
(a) An empty buried chest.
(b) A skeleton.
(d) Some empty wine bottles.
10. What does Danny ask Pilon?
(a) To go on vacation with him.
(b) To share Danny's house.
(c) To lend him some money.
(d) To be his best man at the wedding.
11. Who shares wine with Pilon and Pablo?
(a) Jesus Luis.
(b) Max Sanchez.
(c) Jorge Garcia.
(d) Jesus Maria Corcoran.
12. What do Danny and Pilon eat for dinner the first night in the house?
13. Who is invited to move into the house with Danny and the other men?
14. What do the men try to learn from Pirate?
(a) How to play Euchre.
(b) Where the money is.
(c) How to steal without getting caught.
(d) How to roll cigarettes.
15. Who is Pilon's partner on St. Andrew's Eve?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Pilon ask Pablo to pay in rent each month?
2. For whom does the person in #26 buy wine, lingerie and whiskey?
3. The unused bra will now be a gift for whom?
4. Who is the jailer?
5. What lesson do the men glean from the house burning down?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)