|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pilon and Joe sneak into Morales's yard to get?
2. From whom does Danny get his inheritance?
3. What does Danny want to buy for the woman in #23?
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A ring.
4. What does Danny decide to do to Pilon and Pablo for burning down his second house?
(a) Harass them.
(b) Forgive them.
(c) Punish them a bit.
(d) Sue them.
5. What word meaning "friend" is used in TORTILLA FLAT?
6. What does Jesus Maria pledge to do for Danny?
(a) Repair furniture.
(b) Find him a job.
(c) Paint the house.
(d) Provide food.
7. What do Pilon and Pablo send the person in #25 to the wharf to do?
(a) Clean squid.
(b) Beg for food.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Buy fish.
8. Why can Danny not get the water turned on in the house?
(a) He forgot to call the water company.
(b) It is night and the water company is closed.
(c) He doesn't have the money.
(d) It is the weekend and the water company is closed.
9. What item does the person in #26 still want to buy for the object of his affections even though she leaves him to go with some soldiers?
10. What sentence does Danny get for being drunk and disorderly?
(a) 2 weeks in jail.
(b) 30 days in jail.
(c) 1 night in jail.
(d) 5 days in jail.
11. What is in the large canvas bag that Pirate brings home to the men?
(a) 1,000 quarters.
(b) 5 roosters.
12. What do the other paisanos find on St. Andrews Eve?
(a) An empty buried chest.
(b) A skeleton.
(c) Some empty wine bottles.
13. What does the Pirate sell every day?
14. Who does Pilon make dig at the treasure spot?
15. How much does Pilon ask Pablo to pay in rent each month?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny ask Pilon?
2. Who shares wine with Pilon and Pablo?
3. How much rent will Pilon pay each month?
4. With what sweet treat does Pilon attempt to be friendly with the Pirate?
5. What does the Pirate buy for St. Francis?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)