|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everything in Danny's house is ____________________.
(c) relatively new.
2. What word meaning "friend" is used in TORTILLA FLAT?
3. Who walks about freely on St. Andrew's Eve?
4. What is St. Andrew's Eve?
(a) The night when young men enter the priesthood.
(b) The night when every paisano seeks buried treasure.
(c) The night when Catholics polish their statues.
(d) The night when all the bars in town stay open all night.
5. Where has Danny just returned from as the novel opens?
(d) The army.
6. What does Pilon do to earn money?
(b) Pumps gas.
(c) Buses tables.
(d) Cleans squid.
7. What does Joe steal from Danny?
8. What does the Pirate sell every day?
9. What do Pilon and Pablo worry about in the new housing arrangement?
(a) Paying rent.
(b) Getting enough sleep.
(c) No privacy.
(d) Providing food.
10. What does the Pirate buy for St. Francis?
(c) Prayer card.
11. What is in the large canvas bag that Pirate brings home to the men?
(b) 5 roosters.
(d) 1,000 quarters.
12. How much does Pilon ask Pablo to pay in rent each month?
13. Danny is interested in the woman in #23 because she ________________________.
(a) is a good cook.
(b) is kind to him.
(c) owns her house and has money in the bank.
(d) is the most beautiful woman in town.
14. What does Danny warn Joe about?
(a) Staying away from Mrs. Morales.
(b) Paying his rent.
(c) Snakes in the spring.
(d) Staying away from his bed.
15. What is found during Pilon's treasure dig?
(a) A survey plaque.
(b) A dog skeleton.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A metal box of dubloons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pilon's partner on St. Andrew's Eve?
2. Which saint is mentioned in the book?
3. The unused bra will now be a gift for whom?
4. Which woman is Danny interested in?
5. Tortilla Flat thrives on gossip about _______________.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)