|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is implied in the song Arnold sings?
(a) That he still feels something for Ed.
(b) That the perfect man may be a woman.
(c) Nothing since he was too upset to go onstage.
(d) That Arnold believes in love at first sight.
2. What characters are on stage at the opening of this scene?
(a) Alan and Arnold.
(b) Mrs. Beckoff and Arnold.
(c) Ed, Arnold, and David.
(d) Ed and Laurel.
3. What are the two characters doing?
(a) Watching t.v. in bed.
(b) Cleaning up the kitchen after lunch.
(c) Driving to a convenience store.
(d) Making love.
4. What characters the apartment and why did they leave?
(a) Ed and Mrs. Beckoff left to give Arnold a chance to talk to David about the adoption.
(b) Ed and Arnold left to have privacy.
(c) David and Ed have left the apartment so that Arnold and Mrs. Beckoff can have some privacy.
(d) Ed and Mrs. Beckoff left to go to the lawyer's office.
5. What is a codetta?
(a) The way a spy finds his mark.
(b) A secret message.
(c) An addition to something already complete.
(d) A link between the entries of a subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overwhelms Ed about Alan?
2. Why does Alan want to leave Ed and Laurel's home.
3. With what is Mrs. Beckoff concerned?
4. What is the subject of Ed's reading?
5. What is Laurel's news?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)