|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurel say she is not inviting Alan and Arnold to her parent's home?
(a) There is limited space.
(b) She does not say.
(c) Her parents hate gay men.
(d) They live too far away.
2. What is a codetta?
(a) A secret message.
(b) An addition to something already complete.
(c) The way a spy finds his mark.
(d) A link between the entries of a subject.
3. How does Laurel say she met Ed?
(a) At a bus stop.
(b) Through a personals ad in the newspaper.
(c) While they were in the same therapy group.
(d) Through Ed's mother with whom Laurel works.
4. How might Laurel have worked it out that her plan had been more successful?
(a) To have known if she was able to get pregnant at that time.
(b) To have reserved the local indoor tennis court.
(c) To tell Arnold to come alone.
(d) To invite several other couples with whom Laurel might have found a man to become pregnant.
5. What is Ed reading?
(a) A newspaper article.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) An advertisement for men's cologne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since the last scene?
2. What does each couple enjoy?
3. What does the author seem to be revealing in this scene?
4. What does Mrs. Beckoff believe at first about David when David arrives?
5. How might one characterize Laurel's motive for inviting Arnold over for the weekend?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)