|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author seem to be revealing in this scene?
(a) More of the characters' vulnerabilities and emotional states.
(b) That Alan is an unsavory person.
(c) The fact that Ed is solidly heterosexual.
(d) That Laurel secretly wishes to sleep with Arnold.
2. What does Alan share with Arnold?
(a) That Laurel made a pass at Alan.
(b) That Alan was leaving Arnold.
(c) That Alan and Laurel have decided they love each other.
(d) That Alan is in love with Ed.
3. What does Mrs. Beckoff believe at first about David when David arrives?
(a) That David should go to a home with a mother and father.
(b) That David is a biracial child.
(c) That David is Arnold's biological son.
(d) That Arnold has taken on an underage lover.
4. Who discuss a similar subject of that between Ed and Laurel?
(a) Alan and Murray.
(b) Alan and Arnold.
(c) Arnold and Laurel.
(d) No one.
5. What conversational technique is continued in this scene?
(a) Just thoughts in each character's mind.
(b) A round-robin technique.
(c) Indirect quoting.
(d) Fugue style overlap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Arnold adopting David?
2. What does David encourage Ed to do and what is Ed's response?
3. What do Arnold and Alan decide?
4. Where is Laurel visiting Arnold?
5. One is the main action in this scene?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)