|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters are on stage at the opening of this scene?
(a) Mrs. Beckoff and Arnold.
(b) Ed and Laurel.
(c) Alan and Arnold.
(d) Ed, Arnold, and David.
2. What does the author seem to be revealing in this scene?
(a) That Alan is an unsavory person.
(b) That Laurel secretly wishes to sleep with Arnold.
(c) The fact that Ed is solidly heterosexual.
(d) More of the characters' vulnerabilities and emotional states.
3. To whom is Ed reading?
(b) No one.
4. How might Laurel have worked it out that her plan had been more successful?
(a) To have known if she was able to get pregnant at that time.
(b) To invite several other couples with whom Laurel might have found a man to become pregnant.
(c) To have reserved the local indoor tennis court.
(d) To tell Arnold to come alone.
5. Where do Laurel's parents live?
(a) South America.
(b) The California coast.
(d) New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conversational technique is continued in this scene?
2. Of what do both couples agree?
3. Whom is Laurel calling?
4. What do Laurel and Ed do despite the presence of Alan and Arnold?
5. What does Alan share with Arnold?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)