|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets in the way of Laurel's plans for the weekend?
(a) It rained and so they couldn't play tennis.
(b) Laurel had no plans; she is just living the weekend as it unfolds.
(c) Arnold bringing Alan along.
(d) Arnold did not want to become a father.
2. What do Arnold and Alan decide?
(a) That despite Alan's infidelity, they want to be together.
(b) That both need to be tested for HIV since Ed is HIV positive.
(c) That Alan and Ed should be together.
(d) That they are better off just friends.
3. Who calls Arnold?
4. What is Laurel and Alan's reactions to Ed and Arnold?
5. One is the main action in this scene?
(a) An exploration of the relationship between each person of the two couples.
(b) The revelation that Arnold and Ed plan to sneak off to have sex.
(c) The arrival of two other young couples and subsequent confusion.
(d) The harmony of the four getting along to create dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Arnold's mother's response and friends' responses to Arnold's loss of Alan?
2. What is Ed reading?
3. What does Mrs. Beckoff believe at first about David when David arrives?
4. What conversational technique is continued in this scene?
5. Why does Laurel want Arnold and Alan to rise?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)