|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Laurel calling?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Arnold and Alan.
2. How might one characterize Laurel's motive for inviting Arnold over for the weekend?
3. What do Arnold and Ed manage to do?
(a) Have a discussion of musical terminology.
(b) Get some time alone together.
(c) Have a sexual encounter.
(d) Get into a food fight.
4. Of what does Arnold sing after Laurel leaves?
(a) A torch song about meeting the perfect man.
(b) Nothing; he is too upset to go onstage.
(c) A torch song about the end of an affair.
(d) A torch song about beauty and the beast.
5. How does David respond to Arnold telling him that Arnold still intends to adopt David?
(a) David is appreciative of Arnold's thoughtfulness and states his joy at the thought of being adopted as Arnold's son.
(b) David says he wants Ed to adopt him instead.
(c) David is skeptical.
(d) David has decided he does not want to be adopted because of Mrs. Beckoff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Laurel on the day after the weekend that Alan and Arnold visited Ed and her?
2. What is Laurel's news?
3. Why is Arnold adopting David?
4. Who discuss a similar subject of that between Ed and Laurel?
5. What might be a theme of this particularly scene?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)