|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author seem to be revealing in this scene?
(a) The fact that Ed is solidly heterosexual.
(b) That Laurel secretly wishes to sleep with Arnold.
(c) More of the characters' vulnerabilities and emotional states.
(d) That Alan is an unsavory person.
2. Where is Laurel visiting Arnold?
(a) At a sushi bar.
(b) At Arnold's home.
(c) In the gay bar, International.
(d) At the club where Arnold is preparing to go onstage.
3. How does Laurel say she met Ed?
(a) While they were in the same therapy group.
(b) At a bus stop.
(c) Through Ed's mother with whom Laurel works.
(d) Through a personals ad in the newspaper.
4. What crisis that was just emerging during the writing of this play did the author seem to have in mind when writing this play?
(a) The invasion of Poland.
(d) The Cuban Missle Crisis.
5. Where do Laurel's parents live?
(a) The California coast.
(c) South America.
(d) New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laurel's news?
2. What does Laurel plan to accomplish over the weekend?
3. What has Laurel done?
4. Of what do both couples agree?
5. Whom is Laurel calling?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)