|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurel want?
(a) To issue an invitation to Arnold.
(b) To ask for Ed's baby pictures back.
(c) To tell Arnold that Ed has died.
(d) To see if Arnold knows where Ed is.
2. Who calls Arnold?
(b) Arnold's parents.
3. How is the person trying to awaken Arnold?
(a) With teasing and flirting.
(b) With a bucket of cold water.
(c) By yelling in his ear.
4. Who plays a drag queen in this scene?
5. Who does Ed date besides Arnold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation from Ed hurts Arnold's feelings?
2. What does Arnold prefer at the moment?
3. With whom does Ed converse?
4. How is the character Ed Reiss described?
5. What reveals Arnold's remaining hurt over the end of the relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ed Reiss.
2. How does Arthur's monologue reflect an underlying optimism or hope?
3. Why does Ed think Laurel is attracted to gay men?
4. Why is Laurel mentioned in Ed's phone conversation with Arnold?
5. How is the conversation between Alan and Arnold stalled?
6. Why does Ed come to the theatre and what happens at the beginning of the conversation?
7. What does Arnold reveal in his one-sided dialogue?
8. Why do you think Ed Reiss insists that he dates women as well as men?
9. Why are Arnold and Laurel in the kitchen together?
10. Why do you think the author uses the word "Stretto" again in naming this scene?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)