|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurel want?
(a) To see if Arnold knows where Ed is.
(b) To ask for Ed's baby pictures back.
(c) To tell Arnold that Ed has died.
(d) To issue an invitation to Arnold.
2. What is Ed's solution to his conflict?
(a) To date a woman.
(b) To start a job search while still holding on to his other job.
(c) To do nothing.
(d) To buy a book about New York.
3. How does Ed feel about Alan?
(a) Happy to meet Laurel's cousin.
(c) Interested to pick Alan's brain about music.
(d) Ed is indifferent to Alan.
4. Why is the backroom dark?
(a) So the blacklight is effective.
(b) Because people are embarrassed to undress for a massage.
(c) So the video is clear.
(d) For anonymity.
5. What is Arnold talking about with the other person?
(a) That he plans to kill himself.
(b) How he has been tested for AIDS.
(c) About the decorations.
(d) That he is hurt by Ed's betrayal and wants a deep and true love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening of this scene?
2. Why will Ed not introduce Arnold to his parents?
3. How does Arnold make a living?
4. What is Arnold's decision about visiting Laurel?
5. Who is trying to awaken Arnold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Arnold and Alan's conversation similar to that of Ed and Laurel?
2. What musical term is used in this scene and explain why it is used.
3. How does Ed think his parents feel about homosexuality and how does that figure into his dating Laurel?
4. Describe the opening to this scene.
5. What is a side effect of the weekend visit of Alan and Arnold to Ed and Laurel's?
6. Who do you think has the most to lose by this weekend encounter?
7. What message is implied in Laurel's regret at not inviting Alan and Arnold to the wedding?
8. What is Arthur going to do onstage?
9. What happens when Arnold gets Ed on the phone?
10. What could be a possible reason for the torch song between each scene?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)