|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Arnold's emotion be described when he is in the back room?
(a) He refuses to go to back room.
2. After the opening, where do the lights shine?
(a) The stage gets dark.
(b) To the left side of the stage on a statue.
(c) Over the audience.
(d) On Ed Reiss.
3. Who is trying to awaken Arnold?
4. How does Arnold feel about the possible visit?
5. What is another topic that Arthur shares when he is talking onstage?
(a) The reasons he had an unhappy childhood.
(b) What is the perfect lipstick for a drag queen and why.
(c) Why his mother is so supportive of him.
(d) His characteristics of the ideal man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reveals Arnold's remaining hurt over the end of the relationship?
2. What does Murray look like?
3. About what does Laurel seem particularly smug?
4. What character is the first to appear?
5. What does Laurel want?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ed think his parents feel about homosexuality and how does that figure into his dating Laurel?
2. Describe how Laurel is feeling. Do you think she has the right to feel this way?
3. What is a side effect of the weekend visit of Alan and Arnold to Ed and Laurel's?
4. Describe a little about Alan and also the relationship between Alan and Arnold.
5. What is the resolution at the end of this scene?
6. Why does Ed think Laurel is attracted to gay men?
7. Is it wise for Arnold to both accept an invitation to visit Ed and Laurel and to take Alan along?
8. What message is implied in Laurel's regret at not inviting Alan and Arnold to the wedding?
9. What is Mrs. Beckoff's response to news of the impending adoption of David?
10. What might be a couple reasons why Laurel's plan is not successful?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)