|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur suggest may be in the audience that night?
(a) A virus that many will catch.
(b) The perfect man.
(c) Someone who will be his best friend.
(d) A skinhead who will kill Arthur.
2. What is a stranger doing to Arnold?
(a) Berating him.
(b) Handing him a joint with incredible hashish.
(c) Offering him a line of cocaine.
(d) Fondling him and opening his pants.
3. Why does Ed date a woman as well as Arnold?
(a) He and Arnold are not dating.
(b) To make Arnold jealous.
(c) He doesn't date women.
(d) To banish his ambiguous feelings.
4. How does Arnold feel about the possible visit?
5. What is the relationship between Ed and Arnold?
(a) They are co-workers.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They do not actually know each other.
(d) They are lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is trying to awaken Arnold?
2. How does Ed feel about Alan?
3. Whom does Ed resent?
4. What is Arnold talking about with the other person?
5. What is annoying to Arnold about his conversation with Ed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do each of the men (Ed and Arnold) feel about the possibility of a renewed relationship?
2. What is the significance of the term "Stretto" in this scene?
3. What is the resolution at the end of this scene?
4. Define the term "fugue," and how it is applicable in this scene.
5. What evidence is there that Arnold is not a regular in the back room of the International Bar?
6. What happens when Arnold joins Ed and David on the park bench?
7. Describe the opening to this scene.
8. Why do you think the author uses the word "Stretto" again in naming this scene?
9. What is a side effect of the weekend visit of Alan and Arnold to Ed and Laurel's?
10. Describe the interactions of the characters on stage at the opening of this act.
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)