|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is annoying to Arnold about his conversation with Ed?
(a) That Ed keeps talking about Laurel.
(b) The fact that Ed tries to kiss Arnold in the middle of the conversation.
(c) That Ed does not acknowledge Arnold's hurt.
(d) Ed's conflicted state of mind.
2. Who is trying to awaken Arnold?
3. What does Arnold aver to Alan?
(a) That he is monogamous.
(b) That he has never had an STD.
(c) That there is nothing between Arnold and Ed.
(d) That he will always love Ed.
4. Where is Arnold at the opening of this scene?
(a) In a church service.
(b) The hospital.
(c) At home.
(d) The International Stud gay bar.
5. How is the person trying to awaken Arnold?
(a) By yelling in his ear.
(c) With a bucket of cold water.
(d) With teasing and flirting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arnold's decision about visiting Laurel?
2. What is the backroom of a gay bar?
3. What is the time frame of this setting?
4. How is the character Ed Reiss described?
5. Where is the setting in Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Ed Reiss insists that he dates women as well as men?
2. What is a side effect of the weekend visit of Alan and Arnold to Ed and Laurel's?
3. What do Arnold and Alan decide about their relationship?
4. What might be a couple reasons why Laurel's plan is not successful?
5. How does Arthur's monologue reflect an underlying optimism or hope?
6. What is Arthur going to do onstage?
7. Describe Ed Reiss.
8. Where are Ed and Alan and what are they doing?
9. Who do you think has the most to lose by this weekend encounter?
10. When and why is Laurel visiting Arnold?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)