|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ed date a woman as well as Arnold?
(a) He doesn't date women.
(b) To make Arnold jealous.
(c) To banish his ambiguous feelings.
(d) He and Arnold are not dating.
2. Who is waiting for a phone call from Ed?
3. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
(a) Not in front of Arnold.
(b) Behind the bar.
(c) Sitting next to Arnold.
(d) In the bathroom stall next to Arnold.
4. What is probably the predominant emotion Arthur displays in this scene?
5. How long has it been since Ed and Arnold last met?
(a) Three days.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the lighting arranged in this scene?
2. What has taken Ed by surprise?
3. What is the relationship between Arnold and the person he is taking with him to Ed and Laurel's?
4. Over what does Ed feel discomfort?
5. Where are all of the characters in the opening of this scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ed and David's interaction on the park bench.
2. Who do you think has the most to lose by this weekend encounter?
3. Why are Arnold and Laurel in the kitchen together?
4. When and why is Laurel visiting Arnold?
5. What are two examples of how Arnold rationalizes his behavior?
6. Why is Laurel mentioned in Ed's phone conversation with Arnold?
7. What could be a possible reason for the torch song between each scene?
8. What is the major topic of conversation in this scene?
9. Why does Ed think Laurel is attracted to gay men?
10. What is a side effect of the weekend visit of Alan and Arnold to Ed and Laurel's?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)