|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ed and Arnold?
(a) They do not actually know each other.
(b) They are co-workers.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are lovers.
2. What is Arnold's decision about visiting Laurel?
(a) That he cannot emotionally handle a visit.
(b) That he will give it more thought and may come in a month or two.
(c) That he will do so.
(d) That he won't visit them but invites them to visit him.
3. What does Arnold think of the gay bar scene?
(a) That he has met some wonderful friends there.
(b) That it is a great place for sex.
(c) That he goes for the music.
(d) That it is is humiliating and degrading.
4. What does Arnold do in order to have some time to think over Ed and his relationship?
(a) Tells Ed he has to talk to his astrologer again about their relationship.
(b) Asks Ed to go get the car.
(c) Tells Ed to meet him outside the back but leaves out the front.
(d) Asks Ed to contact him in a few weeks.
5. What does Murray look like?
(a) He is buffed and quite handsome.
(b) He is short with a bit of a paunch around the middle.
(c) He is not onstage, so the audience does not know.
(d) He is medium height, balding and wears glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ed dating?
2. About what does Laurel seem particularly smug?
3. How long has it been since Arnold and Ed have ended their relationship?
4. About what is Arnold still hurt?
5. What is the response to the question?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the author uses the word "Stretto" again in naming this scene?
2. What does Arnold reveal in his one-sided dialogue?
3. Who do you think has the most to lose by this weekend encounter?
4. How does this act end?
5. Why do you think Ed Reiss insists that he dates women as well as men?
6. What is the purpose of Laurel's phone call to Ed. What do you think are her motives?
7. How do each of the men (Ed and Arnold) feel about the possibility of a renewed relationship?
8. Why is Laurel mentioned in Ed's phone conversation with Arnold?
9. Where are Ed and Alan and what are they doing?
10. What is a side effect of the weekend visit of Alan and Arnold to Ed and Laurel's?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)