|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Arnold plan to bring with him?
(a) No one.
2. How would Arnold most likely describe his love life?
3. Who is trying to awaken Arnold?
4. Who visits Arnold backstage after Arnold's performance?
5. What reveals Arnold's remaining hurt over the end of the relationship?
(a) Nothing; Arnold is determined that Ed not see his hurt.
(b) The fact that Arnold slaps Ed.
(c) That Arnold won't see Ed.
(d) Arnold's cool response to Ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the backroom dark?
2. Who sings from another part of the stage?
3. Who are onstage at the opening of this scene?
4. Of what could the bed setting be symbolic?
5. With whom does Ed converse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Laurel is feeling. Do you think she has the right to feel this way?
2. What hurts Arnold's feelings and why do you think Ed does the action that hurts Arnold?
3. Define the term "fugue," and how it is applicable in this scene.
4. Describe Ed Reiss.
5. Describe the opening of this scene.
6. How is the conversation between Alan and Arnold stalled?
7. Explain why Laurel invited Arnold for the weekend and whether her plan is successful.
8. Describe the situation at the beginning of this scene.
9. About what is Ed reading and what is opinion of the subject?
10. Why do you think the author uses the word "Stretto" again in naming this scene?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)