|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the lighting arranged in this scene?
(a) It focuses only on the speaking character.
(b) It is a red strobe light.
(c) Lighting is not specified.
(d) It is totally dark.
2. What is the relationship between Arnold and the person he is taking with him to Ed and Laurel's?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) Arnold is not taking anyone with him.
(d) They are siblings.
3. How is the person trying to awaken Arnold?
(a) By yelling in his ear.
(b) With teasing and flirting.
(d) With a bucket of cold water.
4. What is the name of the singer on the stage?
(c) Lady Blues.
5. What is probably the predominant emotion Arthur displays in this scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arnold admit to himself?
2. Who visits Arnold backstage after Arnold's performance?
3. Whom does Ed resent?
4. What style is the dialogue in this scene?
5. Who is waiting for a phone call from Ed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon what do the two couples seem to agree?
2. Describe the fight between Arnold and his mother after the news of David's adoption was discusssed.
3. Where are Ed and Alan and what are they doing?
4. Describe Ed and David's interaction on the park bench.
5. What is the significance of the term "Stretto" in this scene?
6. How is the conversation between Alan and Arnold stalled?
7. What are two examples of how Arnold rationalizes his behavior?
8. What hurts Arnold's feelings and why do you think Ed does the action that hurts Arnold?
9. Give an example of the sexual liaison in the back room and how you interpret the example.
10. Who do you think has the most to lose by this weekend encounter?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)