|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are all of the characters in the opening of this scene?
(a) In the audience at the opera.
(b) In the produce section of the open-air market.
(c) It is not obvious where they are.
(d) On the bed.
2. What character is the first to appear?
3. What does Ed think about the weekend visit?
(a) He is sorry it is taking place.
(b) Arnold had to cancel at the last minute, so there is no visit.
(c) Ed does not understand all the commotion over a weekend visit.
(d) Laurel would not dream of having Arnold visit their home.
4. Who does Ed date besides Arnold?
5. Who sings from another part of the stage?
(a) No one.
(b) A torch singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting in Scene 3?
2. What does Murray want Arnold to do?
3. How does Arnold feel about the possible visit?
4. Who visits Arnold backstage after Arnold's performance?
5. How does Ed feel about Alan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could be a possible reason for the torch song between each scene?
2. What is Arthur going to do onstage?
3. What in this scene indicates the differences between the two couples?
4. How does the conversation end?
5. Where are Ed and Alan and what are they doing?
6. Describe the interactions of the characters on stage at the opening of this act.
7. Describe Ed and David's interaction on the park bench.
8. How are Arnold and Alan's conversation similar to that of Ed and Laurel?
9. About what is Ed reading and what is opinion of the subject?
10. What might be a couple reasons why Laurel's plan is not successful?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)