|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David respond to Arnold telling him that Arnold still intends to adopt David?
(a) David says he wants Ed to adopt him instead.
(b) David has decided he does not want to be adopted because of Mrs. Beckoff.
(c) David is appreciative of Arnold's thoughtfulness and states his joy at the thought of being adopted as Arnold's son.
(d) David is skeptical.
2. What does each couple enjoy?
(a) Cooking out.
(b) The mix of freedom and security derived from their respective partners.
(c) Sex with more than one partner.
(d) Watching XXX-rated movies.
3. What is the day when this act opens?
(a) Sunday night.
(b) Two months later.
(c) A year later.
(d) Monday morning.
4. Where do Laurel's parents live?
(a) South America.
(b) The California coast.
(d) New England.
5. Why is Arnold angry with Ed?
(a) He does not want to have a sexual relationship with Arnold.
(b) He is not sympathetic about Alan's death.
(c) He lied to the social worker.
(d) He left Arnold to face Arnold's mother alone.
6. What has Laurel done?
(a) Re-decorated the master bath.
(b) Left Ed.
(c) Called Arnold.
(d) Gotten pregnant by Arnold.
7. What do Ed and Arnold declare?
(a) That they had sex but didn't enjoy it.
(b) That they have realized they are in love.
(c) That nothing sexual happened between them.
(d) That they are leaving for Paris together.
8. What does Arnold believe validates Laurel's attraction to gay men?
(a) The fact that Ed has told Laurel he is gay and she stays with him.
(b) The fact that Laurel goes to male gay bars frequently.
(c) The pass she makes for Alan.
(d) The fact that Laurel has slept with several gay men.
9. What does Alan share with Arnold?
(a) That Alan and Laurel have decided they love each other.
(b) That Alan was leaving Arnold.
(c) That Laurel made a pass at Alan.
(d) That Alan is in love with Ed.
10. For what do Laurel and Alan probe?
(a) For an admission from Arnold that he is seeing another man besides Alan.
(b) Evidence that Ed is not gay.
(c) For evidence of Arnold being HIV positive.
(d) Details of the time that Ed and Arnold spent in bed today.
11. Why does Laurel say she is not inviting Alan and Arnold to her parent's home?
(a) She does not say.
(b) Her parents hate gay men.
(c) There is limited space.
(d) They live too far away.
12. What do Laurel and Ed do despite the presence of Alan and Arnold?
(a) Continue their Sunday morning schedule.
(b) Have Ed's parents over for brunch.
(c) Go off to play tennis.
(d) Make love.
13. What is the subject of Ed's reading?
(a) Nothing; he is not reading.
(b) A love affair between an 80-year-old woman and a boy of fifteen.
(c) About the French revolution.
(d) How this new cologne is based on female pheromones.
14. What is Ed reading?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) An advertisement for men's cologne.
15. Why is Mrs. Beckoff coming to visit Arnold?
(a) To go to Alan's funeral with her son, Arnold.
(b) For her biannual visit.
(c) To inspect the home for approving David's adoption.
(d) To help Arnold legitimize his home for the social worker's visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurel admit about the weekend?
2. Who calls Arnold?
3. What are Arnold and Alan more resistant to than eating breakfast?
4. Why did Ed call Arnold's bedroom what he did?
5. What does David encourage Ed to do and what is Ed's response?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)