|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters are on stage at the opening of this scene?
(a) Ed and Laurel.
(b) Alan and Arnold.
(c) Mrs. Beckoff and Arnold.
(d) Ed, Arnold, and David.
2. How does David respond to Arnold telling him that Arnold still intends to adopt David?
(a) David says he wants Ed to adopt him instead.
(b) David is appreciative of Arnold's thoughtfulness and states his joy at the thought of being adopted as Arnold's son.
(c) David is skeptical.
(d) David has decided he does not want to be adopted because of Mrs. Beckoff.
3. Where is Laurel visiting Arnold?
(a) At the club where Arnold is preparing to go onstage.
(b) At a sushi bar.
(c) In the gay bar, International.
(d) At Arnold's home.
4. Where do Laurel's parents live?
(b) New England.
(c) South America.
(d) The California coast.
5. What has Laurel done?
(a) Re-decorated the master bath.
(b) Called Arnold.
(c) Left Ed.
(d) Gotten pregnant by Arnold.
6. Who initiates phone calls between Ed and Arnold?
(d) No one; Ed and Arnold do not talk on the phone because Laurel gets jealous.
7. Upon what do all four characters on stage agree?
(a) That Arnold and Alan love each other.
(b) That it's time to get up and have some dinner.
(c) That there is always one person who loves one more than the other.
(d) That there is no explaining the complexities of love.
8. What day of the week is it at the opening of this scene?
9. About what does Laurel talk to Arnold?
(a) The phone calls between him and Ed.
(b) About how Arnold fixes his hair in drag.
(c) That she believes Alan is perfect for Arnold.
(d) That she wants a baby and Ed is sterile.
10. How does Laurel say she met Ed?
(a) Through Ed's mother with whom Laurel works.
(b) At a bus stop.
(c) While they were in the same therapy group.
(d) Through a personals ad in the newspaper.
11. What is the day when this act opens?
(a) Monday morning.
(b) Two months later.
(c) Sunday night.
(d) A year later.
12. Who seduces Alan?
(a) No one.
13. What does Alan share with Arnold?
(a) That Alan and Laurel have decided they love each other.
(b) That Laurel made a pass at Alan.
(c) That Alan is in love with Ed.
(d) That Alan was leaving Arnold.
14. What does Laurel admit about the weekend?
(a) That it has not gone as she planned.
(b) That she wishes it had never happened.
(c) That it was too short.
(d) That it was one of the best in a long time.
15. Where are the characters in #139?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The pond.
(c) The barn.
(d) In the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laurel say she is not inviting Alan and Arnold to her parent's home?
2. Why does Alan want to leave Ed and Laurel's home.
3. According to David, how has Arnold been since Alan's death?
4. What is shocking for Laurel to hear?
5. What is Ed reading?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)