|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laurel and Alan's reactions to Ed and Arnold?
2. What characters the apartment and why did they leave?
(a) Ed and Mrs. Beckoff left to go to the lawyer's office.
(b) Ed and Mrs. Beckoff left to give Arnold a chance to talk to David about the adoption.
(c) David and Ed have left the apartment so that Arnold and Mrs. Beckoff can have some privacy.
(d) Ed and Arnold left to have privacy.
3. What do Arnold and Ed manage to do?
(a) Get some time alone together.
(b) Have a discussion of musical terminology.
(c) Get into a food fight.
(d) Have a sexual encounter.
4. What is Laurel's news?
(a) That she is pregnant and Arnold is the father.
(b) That she and Ed are getting married.
(c) That she and Ed have split permanently.
(d) That she has decided she is a lesbian which is why she was drawn to gay men.
5. Why is Arnold adopting David?
(a) Because David is his biological son.
(b) Because it is a goal that Arnold and Alan shared.
(c) Because David is gay.
(d) Because David was living on the streets.
6. What does Laurel admit about the weekend?
(a) That it has not gone as she planned.
(b) That it was too short.
(c) That she wishes it had never happened.
(d) That it was one of the best in a long time.
7. How does Laurel say she met Ed?
(a) At a bus stop.
(b) Through a personals ad in the newspaper.
(c) Through Ed's mother with whom Laurel works.
(d) While they were in the same therapy group.
8. What does David encourage Ed to do and what is Ed's response?
(a) David encourages Ed to go back to Laurel.
(b) David encourages Ed to discuss his relationship with Laurel but Ed declines.
(c) David encourages Ed to continue with his art.
(d) David encourages Ed to make the break with Laurel permanent.
9. What does Mrs. Beckoff believe at first about David when David arrives?
(a) That David is a biracial child.
(b) That Arnold has taken on an underage lover.
(c) That David is Arnold's biological son.
(d) That David should go to a home with a mother and father.
10. Where do Laurel's parents live?
(a) New England.
(b) The California coast.
(d) South America.
11. What characters are on stage at the opening of this scene?
(a) Mrs. Beckoff and Arnold.
(b) Alan and Arnold.
(c) Ed, Arnold, and David.
(d) Ed and Laurel.
12. What does each person begin to question?
(a) The loyalty and depth of love of his or her lover.
(b) If love can be wrong.
(c) Why he or she loves their partner.
(d) Whether coming together was a good idea.
13. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) A week.
14. Where is Alan?
(a) He is in the bath.
(b) He and Arnold split up and he moved out.
(c) He has died.
(d) He is cooking breakfast in the kitchen.
15. What has the weekend stirred up?
(a) Insecurites in each person.
(b) A feeling of attraction between Ed and Alan.
(c) Hidden anger between Ed and Arnold.
(d) A love triangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Mrs. Beckoff concerned?
2. What are Arnold and Alan more resistant to than eating breakfast?
3. What crisis that was just emerging during the writing of this play did the author seem to have in mind when writing this play?
4. Why is Arnold angry with Ed?
5. What is Ed's opinion of the subject matter of what he is reading?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)