|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might one characterize Laurel's motive for inviting Arnold over for the weekend?
2. What has the weekend stirred up?
(a) Hidden anger between Ed and Arnold.
(b) A feeling of attraction between Ed and Alan.
(c) A love triangle.
(d) Insecurites in each person.
3. What did Ed used to call Arnold's bedroom?
(a) The Pigpen.
(b) The Spaceship.
(c) The XXX Room.
(d) The Nursery.
4. What do Laurel and Ed do despite the presence of Alan and Arnold?
(a) Make love.
(b) Have Ed's parents over for brunch.
(c) Go off to play tennis.
(d) Continue their Sunday morning schedule.
5. What is shocking for Laurel to hear?
(a) That Ed is HIV positive.
(b) That Ed initiates the phone calls to Arnold.
(c) That Arnold and Ed do not talk on the phone.
(d) That Ed told Arnold that Laurel insists that Ed call Arnold occasionally.
6. Where do Laurel's parents live?
(b) South America.
(c) New England.
(d) The California coast.
7. Who does David respect tremendously?
(a) His art teacher.
(b) Mrs. Beckoff.
8. What is Laurel and Alan's reactions to Ed and Arnold?
9. What does Laurel believe about Arnold?
(a) That he is cruel to Alan.
(b) That he is HIV positive.
(c) That he wants Ed back as a lover.
(d) That he would make a great sperm donor for her.
10. Whom is Laurel calling?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Arnold and Alan.
11. Who are shown together in the second part of this act?
(a) Alan and Laurel.
(b) Alan and Arnold.
(c) Ed and Alan.
(d) Ed and Laurel.
12. What is the subject of Ed's reading?
(a) About the French revolution.
(b) A love affair between an 80-year-old woman and a boy of fifteen.
(c) How this new cologne is based on female pheromones.
(d) Nothing; he is not reading.
13. To whom is Ed reading?
(b) No one.
14. What does Laurel try to hide?
(a) That she does not love Ed.
(b) That she is attracted to gay men.
(c) That she is actually a lesbian.
(d) That she is HIV positive.
15. Who seduces Alan?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arnold believe validates Laurel's attraction to gay men?
2. What does Arnold regret?
3. Why does Laurel say she is not inviting Alan and Arnold to her parent's home?
4. What characters the apartment and why did they leave?
5. What are Arnold and Alan more resistant to than eating breakfast?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)