|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Laurel done?
(a) Re-decorated the master bath.
(b) Gotten pregnant by Arnold.
(c) Called Arnold.
(d) Left Ed.
2. What does the author seem to be revealing in this scene?
(a) More of the characters' vulnerabilities and emotional states.
(b) That Laurel secretly wishes to sleep with Arnold.
(c) The fact that Ed is solidly heterosexual.
(d) That Alan is an unsavory person.
3. What was Arnold's mother's response and friends' responses to Arnold's loss of Alan?
(a) Arnold's grief was never validated by his mother and even Arnold's friends grew weary of his mourning.
(b) That Alan was too young for Arnold anyway.
(c) That there are many other fish in the ocean.
(d) That Alan had never been faithful to Arnold anyway.
4. What is the day when this act opens?
(a) Two months later.
(b) Monday morning.
(c) Sunday night.
(d) A year later.
5. How might Laurel have worked it out that her plan had been more successful?
(a) To have reserved the local indoor tennis court.
(b) To tell Arnold to come alone.
(c) To have known if she was able to get pregnant at that time.
(d) To invite several other couples with whom Laurel might have found a man to become pregnant.
6. Why is Arnold angry with Ed?
(a) He lied to the social worker.
(b) He is not sympathetic about Alan's death.
(c) He does not want to have a sexual relationship with Arnold.
(d) He left Arnold to face Arnold's mother alone.
7. To what does Arnold compare the loss of Alan?
(a) Like losing one's own life.
(b) He makes no comparison because nothing can compare to the loss of Alan.
(c) Arnold's grief over losing Alan is comparable to his mother's grief over losing her husband.
(d) Losing a dog with whom Arnold grew up.
8. Who calls Arnold?
9. What characters are on stage at the opening of this scene?
(a) Ed and Laurel.
(b) Ed, Arnold, and David.
(c) Mrs. Beckoff and Arnold.
(d) Alan and Arnold.
10. Who discuss a similar subject of that between Ed and Laurel?
(a) No one.
(b) Alan and Arnold.
(c) Arnold and Laurel.
(d) Alan and Murray.
11. What does each couple enjoy?
(a) Sex with more than one partner.
(b) Cooking out.
(c) The mix of freedom and security derived from their respective partners.
(d) Watching XXX-rated movies.
12. Who does David respect tremendously?
(a) His art teacher.
(c) Mrs. Beckoff.
13. What has the weekend stirred up?
(a) A love triangle.
(b) A feeling of attraction between Ed and Alan.
(c) Insecurites in each person.
(d) Hidden anger between Ed and Arnold.
14. To whom is Ed reading?
(d) No one.
15. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) A week.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Arnold sing after Laurel leaves?
2. What is implied in the song Arnold sings?
3. What conversational technique is continued in this scene?
4. What is a codetta?
5. What did Ed used to call Arnold's bedroom?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)