|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the way the lighting is done?
(a) To show the characters in their best light.
(b) To set the mood.
(c) To elimnate the need for stage scenery.
(d) There is no particular reason.
2. With whom is Arnold talking?
(c) No one.
3. How much time has passed since scene 2?
(a) A year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Four days.
(d) Four months.
4. What character is the first to appear?
5. What reveals Arnold's remaining hurt over the end of the relationship?
(a) Arnold's cool response to Ed.
(b) The fact that Arnold slaps Ed.
(c) Nothing; Arnold is determined that Ed not see his hurt.
(d) That Arnold won't see Ed.
6. How long has it been since Ed and Arnold last met?
(a) A year.
(b) Three days.
(c) A month.
(d) Ten years.
7. When does Laurel want Arnold to visit?
(b) In another month or two once Arnold has had time to process Ed's marriage.
(c) When Arnold can get away.
(d) The upcoming weekend.
8. What does the stranger do when Arnold tries to talk?
(a) Slaps Arnold.
(b) Arnold is too scared to talk.
(c) The stranger replies that he is deaf.
(d) Jokes around with Arnold.
9. Whom does Ed resent?
(a) No one.
10. What is Arnold's decision about visiting Laurel?
(a) That he cannot emotionally handle a visit.
(b) That he will do so.
(c) That he won't visit them but invites them to visit him.
(d) That he will give it more thought and may come in a month or two.
11. What happens when Arnold bends over to set a beer can down?
(a) He asks the man who is with him to leave him alone.
(b) The stranger penetrates him from behind.
(c) He sees a religious tract and decides to leave.
(d) He drops the beer and it foams all over his clothes.
12. What is the name of the singer on the stage?
(b) Lady Blues.
13. With whom does Laurel live?
14. Who visits Arnold backstage after Arnold's performance?
15. What does Murray look like?
(a) He is short with a bit of a paunch around the middle.
(b) He is not onstage, so the audience does not know.
(c) He is buffed and quite handsome.
(d) He is medium height, balding and wears glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arnold ask of Ed?
2. Who is Ed dating?
3. What is the time frame of this setting?
4. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
5. Why is the backroom dark?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)