|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response to the question?
(a) There is no gin for a Tom Collins.
(b) The vents are uncomfortable but warm.
(c) The person does not know the answer.
(d) The water was never off.
2. What is probably the predominant emotion Arthur displays in this scene?
3. What is the backroom of a gay bar?
(a) Where intimate homosexual encounters occur.
(b) Where they show videos.
(c) Where the poker games go on.
(d) Where there is a massage parlour.
4. Who does Arnold plan to bring with him?
(d) No one.
5. Who sings from another part of the stage?
(a) No one.
(d) A torch singer.
6. What does Laurel want?
(a) To ask for Ed's baby pictures back.
(b) To tell Arnold that Ed has died.
(c) To see if Arnold knows where Ed is.
(d) To issue an invitation to Arnold.
7. How long has it been since Ed and Arnold last met?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Three days.
(d) Ten years.
8. How does Arnold try to justify the anonymous encounter?
(a) By pointing out that the man was a lot bigger than Arnold and so Arnold was intimidated.
(b) By saying he wanted to see what it was like to have sex with a man.
(c) By saying he didn't know what the stranger was going to do.
(d) By saying it is an attempt at finding love.
9. With whom does Ed converse?
(b) A homeless man.
(c) The bartender.
10. What does Arthur suggest may be in the audience that night?
(a) A virus that many will catch.
(b) Someone who will be his best friend.
(c) A skinhead who will kill Arthur.
(d) The perfect man.
11. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
(a) Sitting next to Arnold.
(b) Behind the bar.
(c) Not in front of Arnold.
(d) In the bathroom stall next to Arnold.
12. Who is described as having boyish charms?
13. What is the main content of the monologue?
(a) A plea for political action for gay rights.
(b) Frustrations at the lack of true love.
(c) A diatribe agains homosexuals.
(d) A list of reason why the talker is about to commit suicide.
14. What reveals Arnold's remaining hurt over the end of the relationship?
(a) The fact that Arnold slaps Ed.
(b) Nothing; Arnold is determined that Ed not see his hurt.
(c) Arnold's cool response to Ed.
(d) That Arnold won't see Ed.
15. Who delivers a monologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ed date a woman as well as Arnold?
2. At what does Ed hint?
3. What does Arnold do in order to have some time to think over Ed and his relationship?
4. Who calls Arnold?
5. What is Alan's response to Arnold's declaration?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)