|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Arnold and Ed have ended their relationship?
(a) A few days.
(b) A year.
(c) Five months.
(d) Ten years.
2. What is a stranger doing to Arnold?
(a) Fondling him and opening his pants.
(b) Berating him.
(c) Handing him a joint with incredible hashish.
(d) Offering him a line of cocaine.
3. Why does Arnold think Ed may be ashamed of him?
(a) Because Ed never introduces Arnold to a chance encounter with any friends.
(b) Because Ed never introduces Arnold to Ed's parents.
(c) Ed doesn't appear to be ashamed of Arnold.
(d) Because Ed will only be with Arnold in a gay bar.
4. Who is trying to awaken Arnold?
5. What does Ed think about the weekend visit?
(a) Laurel would not dream of having Arnold visit their home.
(b) Ed does not understand all the commotion over a weekend visit.
(c) He is sorry it is taking place.
(d) Arnold had to cancel at the last minute, so there is no visit.
6. What is one possible theme in this scene?
(a) That love is always a temporary state.
(b) It is impossible to be monogamous if you are not married.
(c) Love's long-term effects cannot fully be realized until much later after the initial impact has diminished.
(d) That temptation is avoidable through will power.
7. What character is the first to appear?
8. Who visits Arnold backstage after Arnold's performance?
9. How much time has passed since scene 2?
(a) A year.
(b) Four months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Four days.
10. How often does Lady sing a torch song?
(a) Only once at the beginning of the play.
(c) Between each scene.
(d) After each actor speaks.
11. What reveals Arnold's remaining hurt over the end of the relationship?
(a) Arnold's cool response to Ed.
(b) Nothing; Arnold is determined that Ed not see his hurt.
(c) The fact that Arnold slaps Ed.
(d) That Arnold won't see Ed.
12. What does Ed ask the person with whom he is conversing?
(a) If it is uncomfortable sleeping on the vents.
(b) If the water is back on.
(c) If the back room is crowded.
(d) If he can get a Tom Collins.
13. What is Laurel's knowledge of the fact that Ed and Arnold were once lovers?
(a) She has often suspected it but does not know for sure.
(b) She has no suspician about it whatsoever.
(c) It is not made clear how much she knows.
(d) She is aware of the fact.
14. Why does Ed date a woman as well as Arnold?
(a) To make Arnold jealous.
(b) He doesn't date women.
(c) To banish his ambiguous feelings.
(d) He and Arnold are not dating.
15. How does Ed feel about Alan?
(a) Happy to meet Laurel's cousin.
(b) Ed is indifferent to Alan.
(c) Interested to pick Alan's brain about music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Laurel live?
2. What does Arthur suggest may be in the audience that night?
3. What revelation from Ed hurts Arnold's feelings?
4. With whom does Laurel live?
5. What is annoying to Arnold about his conversation with Ed?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)