|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laurel's knowledge of the fact that Ed and Arnold were once lovers?
(a) She has no suspician about it whatsoever.
(b) She is aware of the fact.
(c) She has often suspected it but does not know for sure.
(d) It is not made clear how much she knows.
2. How does Ed feel about Alan?
(b) Interested to pick Alan's brain about music.
(c) Happy to meet Laurel's cousin.
(d) Ed is indifferent to Alan.
3. How would Arnold most likely describe his love life?
4. After the opening, where do the lights shine?
(a) The stage gets dark.
(b) To the left side of the stage on a statue.
(c) On Ed Reiss.
(d) Over the audience.
5. What is the time frame of this setting?
(a) The evening of the first day of Arnold and Alan's visit with Laurel and Ed.
(b) A year after Arnold's visit to Laurel and Ed.
(c) Three days after Arnold's visit to Laurel and Ed.
(d) Just at sunrise.
6. What is the relationship between Arnold and the person he is taking with him to Ed and Laurel's?
(a) Arnold is not taking anyone with him.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are first cousins.
(d) They are siblings.
7. Why is the backroom dark?
(a) Because people are embarrassed to undress for a massage.
(b) So the video is clear.
(c) So the blacklight is effective.
(d) For anonymity.
8. Why does Ed date a woman as well as Arnold?
(a) He and Arnold are not dating.
(b) To banish his ambiguous feelings.
(c) He doesn't date women.
(d) To make Arnold jealous.
9. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) The vatican.
(c) A New York City apartment.
(d) A dressing room.
10. How could Arnold's emotion be described when he is in the back room?
(c) He refuses to go to back room.
11. Who plays a drag queen in this scene?
12. What is probably the predominant emotion Arthur displays in this scene?
13. With whom does Laurel live?
14. What does Murray want Arnold to do?
(a) To jump off the Golden Gate bridge for his suicide.
(b) To drive with him to Mexico City.
(c) Go to the back room.
(d) To go home and try to sleep off the drugs he took.
15. What reveals Arnold's remaining hurt over the end of the relationship?
(a) Arnold's cool response to Ed.
(b) The fact that Arnold slaps Ed.
(c) That Arnold won't see Ed.
(d) Nothing; Arnold is determined that Ed not see his hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are onstage at the opening of this scene?
2. What is the purpose of the way the lighting is done?
3. How is the character Ed Reiss described?
4. What is the name of the singer on the stage?
5. Who does Ed say he dates?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)