|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening of this scene?
(a) A barn.
(b) A huge bed.
(c) The opera.
(d) The open-air market.
2. Who does Ed date besides Arnold?
3. What reveals Arnold's remaining hurt over the end of the relationship?
(a) The fact that Arnold slaps Ed.
(b) Arnold's cool response to Ed.
(c) Nothing; Arnold is determined that Ed not see his hurt.
(d) That Arnold won't see Ed.
4. What is the backroom of a gay bar?
(a) Where they show videos.
(b) Where the poker games go on.
(c) Where there is a massage parlour.
(d) Where intimate homosexual encounters occur.
5. What does Arnold do in order to have some time to think over Ed and his relationship?
(a) Tells Ed he has to talk to his astrologer again about their relationship.
(b) Asks Ed to contact him in a few weeks.
(c) Asks Ed to go get the car.
(d) Tells Ed to meet him outside the back but leaves out the front.
6. Why does Ed date a woman as well as Arnold?
(a) He doesn't date women.
(b) He and Arnold are not dating.
(c) To banish his ambiguous feelings.
(d) To make Arnold jealous.
7. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) The vatican.
(b) A dressing room.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) A New York City apartment.
8. What does Murray look like?
(a) He is short with a bit of a paunch around the middle.
(b) He is buffed and quite handsome.
(c) He is medium height, balding and wears glasses.
(d) He is not onstage, so the audience does not know.
9. With whom does Ed converse?
(a) A homeless man.
(d) The bartender.
10. What does Arnold aver to Alan?
(a) That there is nothing between Arnold and Ed.
(b) That he will always love Ed.
(c) That he is monogamous.
(d) That he has never had an STD.
11. Who visits Arnold backstage after Arnold's performance?
12. What revelation from Ed hurts Arnold's feelings?
(a) That Ed hates Arnold's cooking.
(b) That Ed told their best friend, Jacs, that Ed was breaking up with Arnold.
(c) That Ed is going to introduce Laurel to his parents.
(d) That Ed is going to Hawaii without Arnold.
13. Where does Laurel live?
(a) In Nebraska.
(b) In San Francisco.
(c) A farmhouse in upstate New York.
(d) In Manhattan.
14. What is the time frame of this setting?
(a) Three days after Arnold's visit to Laurel and Ed.
(b) The evening of the first day of Arnold and Alan's visit with Laurel and Ed.
(c) A year after Arnold's visit to Laurel and Ed.
(d) Just at sunrise.
15. What is the purpose of the way the lighting is done?
(a) There is no particular reason.
(b) To show the characters in their best light.
(c) To elimnate the need for stage scenery.
(d) To set the mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Arnold and Ed have ended their relationship?
2. Who is Ed dating?
3. What does Laurel want?
4. How does Arnold try to justify the anonymous encounter?
5. What does Arnold think of the gay bar scene?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)