|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
(a) Behind the bar.
(b) Sitting next to Arnold.
(c) In the bathroom stall next to Arnold.
(d) Not in front of Arnold.
2. What is annoying to Arnold about his conversation with Ed?
(a) Ed's conflicted state of mind.
(b) The fact that Ed tries to kiss Arnold in the middle of the conversation.
(c) That Ed does not acknowledge Arnold's hurt.
(d) That Ed keeps talking about Laurel.
3. What is the relationship between Arnold and the person he is taking with him to Ed and Laurel's?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) Arnold is not taking anyone with him.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are siblings.
4. What is Arnold talking about with the other person?
(a) How he has been tested for AIDS.
(b) That he plans to kill himself.
(c) That he is hurt by Ed's betrayal and wants a deep and true love.
(d) About the decorations.
5. About what is Arnold still hurt?
(a) That Ed prefers a woman over him.
(b) That Ed cannot share his presence in his life with his parents.
(c) Arnold is way past any hurt from Ed.
(d) That Ed refused to have sex with Arnold one last time.
6. What is Ed's solution to his conflict?
(a) To buy a book about New York.
(b) To do nothing.
(c) To date a woman.
(d) To start a job search while still holding on to his other job.
7. This short scene establishes the potential for a future conflict using a writing technique named what?
(a) Red Herring.
8. What does Ed ask the person with whom he is conversing?
(a) If it is uncomfortable sleeping on the vents.
(b) If the water is back on.
(c) If the back room is crowded.
(d) If he can get a Tom Collins.
9. When does Laurel want Arnold to visit?
(b) The upcoming weekend.
(c) In another month or two once Arnold has had time to process Ed's marriage.
(d) When Arnold can get away.
10. What is Alan's response to Arnold's declaration?
(a) Part disbelief.
11. Who is Ed dating?
(b) No one.
12. How does Arnold make a living?
(a) As a male model and a hustler for gay sex.
(b) As an architect.
(c) As a bartender.
(d) As a teacher.
13. What does Laurel want?
(a) To ask for Ed's baby pictures back.
(b) To issue an invitation to Arnold.
(c) To tell Arnold that Ed has died.
(d) To see if Arnold knows where Ed is.
14. How would Arnold most likely describe his love life?
15. What character is the first to appear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main content of the monologue?
2. Where is the setting in Scene 3?
3. With whom is Arnold talking?
4. What is the backroom of a gay bar?
5. Who is jealous of Alan?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)