|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the way the lighting is done?
(a) To show the characters in their best light.
(b) To set the mood.
(c) There is no particular reason.
(d) To elimnate the need for stage scenery.
2. What happens when Arnold bends over to set a beer can down?
(a) He asks the man who is with him to leave him alone.
(b) He drops the beer and it foams all over his clothes.
(c) He sees a religious tract and decides to leave.
(d) The stranger penetrates him from behind.
3. Who calls Arnold?
(a) Arnold's parents.
4. What is the name of the singer on the stage?
(b) Lady Blues.
5. What does Arnold think of the gay bar scene?
(a) That he goes for the music.
(b) That he has met some wonderful friends there.
(c) That it is is humiliating and degrading.
(d) That it is a great place for sex.
6. How would Arnold most likely describe his love life?
7. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
(a) Not in front of Arnold.
(b) Sitting next to Arnold.
(c) In the bathroom stall next to Arnold.
(d) Behind the bar.
8. Who is waiting for a phone call from Ed?
9. About what does Laurel seem particularly smug?
(a) About her sophistication of hosting Ed's former lover in their home.
(b) The flan that she made that was perfect.
(c) About the decor of the house.
(d) An incredibly funny joke she just related.
10. How long has it been since Ed and Arnold last met?
(a) A year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three days.
(d) A month.
11. How could Arnold's emotion be described when he is in the back room?
(a) He refuses to go to back room.
12. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) The vatican.
(c) A New York City apartment.
(d) A dressing room.
13. With whom does Ed converse?
(a) The bartender.
(c) A homeless man.
14. With whom does Laurel live?
15. Who plays a drag queen in this scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has taken Ed by surprise?
2. Why does Ed date a woman as well as Arnold?
3. What does Arnold express to Ed about their relationship?
4. How does Arnold try to justify the anonymous encounter?
5. Whose perspective is revealed in the conversation?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)