|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) A New York City apartment.
(b) The vatican.
(c) A dressing room.
(d) San Francisco.
2. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
(a) Sitting next to Arnold.
(b) In the bathroom stall next to Arnold.
(c) Behind the bar.
(d) Not in front of Arnold.
3. What is Alan's response to Arnold's declaration?
(c) Part disbelief.
4. Who are onstage at the opening of this scene?
(a) Ed and Arnold.
(b) No one.
(c) Alan and Ed.
(d) Laurel, Ed, Arnold, and Alan.
5. How does Ed respond when he answers the phone?
(a) He is wary.
(b) He lets the phone ring.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is angry.
6. What does Arnold think of the gay bar scene?
(a) That it is a great place for sex.
(b) That he goes for the music.
(c) That it is is humiliating and degrading.
(d) That he has met some wonderful friends there.
7. Over what does Ed feel discomfort?
(a) That Arnold has brought Alan.
(b) That Laurel made flan when Ed told her that Arnold was allergic to it.
(c) Nothing; Ed is quite relaxed.
(d) That Alan has made a pass at Laurel.
8. What does Arnold aver to Alan?
(a) That there is nothing between Arnold and Ed.
(b) That he will always love Ed.
(c) That he is monogamous.
(d) That he has never had an STD.
9. Where does Laurel live?
(a) In Manhattan.
(b) A farmhouse in upstate New York.
(c) In Nebraska.
(d) In San Francisco.
10. What style is the dialogue in this scene?
(c) Like a fugue.
11. What does Arthur suggest may be in the audience that night?
(a) A virus that many will catch.
(b) A skinhead who will kill Arthur.
(c) Someone who will be his best friend.
(d) The perfect man.
12. What is Arnold talking about with the other person?
(a) That he plans to kill himself.
(b) That he is hurt by Ed's betrayal and wants a deep and true love.
(c) About the decorations.
(d) How he has been tested for AIDS.
13. What does the stranger do when Arnold tries to talk?
(a) Slaps Arnold.
(b) The stranger replies that he is deaf.
(c) Arnold is too scared to talk.
(d) Jokes around with Arnold.
14. What is another topic that Arthur shares when he is talking onstage?
(a) What is the perfect lipstick for a drag queen and why.
(b) The reasons he had an unhappy childhood.
(c) Why his mother is so supportive of him.
(d) His characteristics of the ideal man.
15. How does Arnold make a living?
(a) As a bartender.
(b) As a male model and a hustler for gay sex.
(c) As an architect.
(d) As a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed ask the person with whom he is conversing?
2. What is the purpose of the way the lighting is done?
3. What does Laurel want?
4. What does Arnold express to Ed about their relationship?
5. How long has it been since Ed and Arnold last met?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)