|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What couple is conversing at the same time as Arnold and Alan?
(b) Murray and Jacs.
(c) Arnold and Laurel.
(d) Ed and Laurel.
2. What style is the dialogue in this scene?
(b) Like a fugue.
3. What is a stranger doing to Arnold?
(a) Offering him a line of cocaine.
(b) Handing him a joint with incredible hashish.
(c) Berating him.
(d) Fondling him and opening his pants.
4. Who is at home?
5. How often does Lady sing a torch song?
(a) After each actor speaks.
(b) Only once at the beginning of the play.
(c) Between each scene.
6. What is the time frame of this setting?
(a) Just at sunrise.
(b) The evening of the first day of Arnold and Alan's visit with Laurel and Ed.
(c) Three days after Arnold's visit to Laurel and Ed.
(d) A year after Arnold's visit to Laurel and Ed.
7. What is the relationship between Arnold and the person he is taking with him to Ed and Laurel's?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) Arnold is not taking anyone with him.
8. Who delivers a monologue?
9. What has taken Ed by surprise?
(a) That Arnold is involved with someone new.
(b) That Laurel and Alan are cousins.
(c) That he knew Alan in elementary school.
(d) That Arnold has lost 30 pounds.
10. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
(a) Not in front of Arnold.
(b) In the bathroom stall next to Arnold.
(c) Behind the bar.
(d) Sitting next to Arnold.
11. What is the name of the singer on the stage?
(d) Lady Blues.
12. What is the setting at the opening of this scene?
(a) A barn.
(b) The opera.
(c) A huge bed.
(d) The open-air market.
13. This short scene establishes the potential for a future conflict using a writing technique named what?
(d) Red Herring.
14. Who does Ed date besides Arnold?
15. What does Ed think about the weekend visit?
(a) Laurel would not dream of having Arnold visit their home.
(b) Arnold had to cancel at the last minute, so there is no visit.
(c) He is sorry it is taking place.
(d) Ed does not understand all the commotion over a weekend visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is jealous of Alan?
2. Who is trying to awaken Arnold?
3. After the opening, where do the lights shine?
4. At what does Ed hint?
5. When does Laurel want Arnold to visit?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)