|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Lady sing a torch song?
(b) After each actor speaks.
(c) Between each scene.
(d) Only once at the beginning of the play.
2. What is the response to the question?
(a) There is no gin for a Tom Collins.
(b) The vents are uncomfortable but warm.
(c) The water was never off.
(d) The person does not know the answer.
3. What does Arnold express to Ed about their relationship?
(a) That he wishes Ed had come back sooner because Arnold is now in another relationship.
(b) That is could be a lifelong commitment.
(c) That Ed would return but also that Ed would have more clarity on the direction of his personal life.
(d) That he never really wants to see Ed again.
4. Where is the setting in Scene 3?
(b) The International Stud gay bar.
(c) Aboard an airplane.
(d) A swank restaurant.
5. Who plays a drag queen in this scene?
6. What is annoying to Arnold about his conversation with Ed?
(a) The fact that Ed tries to kiss Arnold in the middle of the conversation.
(b) Ed's conflicted state of mind.
(c) That Ed keeps talking about Laurel.
(d) That Ed does not acknowledge Arnold's hurt.
7. What does Murray look like?
(a) He is not onstage, so the audience does not know.
(b) He is buffed and quite handsome.
(c) He is short with a bit of a paunch around the middle.
(d) He is medium height, balding and wears glasses.
8. Who is at home?
9. Why does Arnold think Ed may be ashamed of him?
(a) Because Ed will only be with Arnold in a gay bar.
(b) Ed doesn't appear to be ashamed of Arnold.
(c) Because Ed never introduces Arnold to a chance encounter with any friends.
(d) Because Ed never introduces Arnold to Ed's parents.
10. What does Arnold do in order to have some time to think over Ed and his relationship?
(a) Asks Ed to contact him in a few weeks.
(b) Tells Ed he has to talk to his astrologer again about their relationship.
(c) Asks Ed to go get the car.
(d) Tells Ed to meet him outside the back but leaves out the front.
11. Who is jealous of Alan?
12. Where does Laurel live?
(a) In San Francisco.
(b) In Nebraska.
(c) A farmhouse in upstate New York.
(d) In Manhattan.
13. What couple is conversing at the same time as Arnold and Alan?
(a) Murray and Jacs.
(c) Arnold and Laurel.
(d) Ed and Laurel.
14. What does Arthur suggest may be in the audience that night?
(a) The perfect man.
(b) A skinhead who will kill Arthur.
(c) A virus that many will catch.
(d) Someone who will be his best friend.
15. Who does Arnold plan to bring with him?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening of this scene?
2. Over what does Ed feel discomfort?
3. Who does Ed date besides Arnold?
4. How long has it been since Arnold and Ed have ended their relationship?
5. Whose perspective is revealed in the conversation?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)