|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ed feel about Alan?
(a) Ed is indifferent to Alan.
(c) Happy to meet Laurel's cousin.
(d) Interested to pick Alan's brain about music.
2. What is one possible theme in this scene?
(a) Love's long-term effects cannot fully be realized until much later after the initial impact has diminished.
(b) It is impossible to be monogamous if you are not married.
(c) That temptation is avoidable through will power.
(d) That love is always a temporary state.
3. Who is waiting for a phone call from Ed?
4. What is Laurel's knowledge of the fact that Ed and Arnold were once lovers?
(a) She has often suspected it but does not know for sure.
(b) She has no suspician about it whatsoever.
(c) She is aware of the fact.
(d) It is not made clear how much she knows.
5. How does Arnold make a living?
(a) As a bartender.
(b) As a teacher.
(c) As an architect.
(d) As a male model and a hustler for gay sex.
6. Whom does Ed resent?
(b) No one.
7. With whom is Arnold talking?
(b) No one.
8. What is the time frame of this setting?
(a) The evening of the first day of Arnold and Alan's visit with Laurel and Ed.
(b) Just at sunrise.
(c) A year after Arnold's visit to Laurel and Ed.
(d) Three days after Arnold's visit to Laurel and Ed.
9. What is the name of the singer on the stage?
(b) Lady Blues.
10. Why does Arnold go to the gay bar?
(a) For the anonymous sex.
(b) He likes the drinks.
(c) He has only been to a gay bar once.
(d) It is the only sure place to find other homosexual men.
11. Who is Ed dating?
(b) No one.
12. Who does Ed date besides Arnold?
13. What is the purpose of the way the lighting is done?
(a) There is no particular reason.
(b) To set the mood.
(c) To show the characters in their best light.
(d) To elimnate the need for stage scenery.
14. How could Arnold's emotion be described when he is in the back room?
(c) He refuses to go to back room.
15. What has taken Ed by surprise?
(a) That he knew Alan in elementary school.
(b) That Arnold is involved with someone new.
(c) That Arnold has lost 30 pounds.
(d) That Laurel and Alan are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alan's response to Arnold's declaration?
2. Over what does Ed feel discomfort?
3. How long has it been since Ed and Arnold last met?
4. Where is the setting in Scene 3?
5. Why does Arnold think Ed may be ashamed of him?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)