|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Arnold and Ed have ended their relationship?
(a) Five months.
(b) A year.
(c) A few days.
(d) Ten years.
2. What does Arnold do in order to have some time to think over Ed and his relationship?
(a) Tells Ed to meet him outside the back but leaves out the front.
(b) Asks Ed to go get the car.
(c) Tells Ed he has to talk to his astrologer again about their relationship.
(d) Asks Ed to contact him in a few weeks.
3. Whom does Ed resent?
(d) No one.
4. Why is the backroom dark?
(a) For anonymity.
(b) So the blacklight is effective.
(c) Because people are embarrassed to undress for a massage.
(d) So the video is clear.
5. How is the person trying to awaken Arnold?
(b) By yelling in his ear.
(c) With teasing and flirting.
(d) With a bucket of cold water.
6. How does Arnold try to justify the anonymous encounter?
(a) By saying it is an attempt at finding love.
(b) By pointing out that the man was a lot bigger than Arnold and so Arnold was intimidated.
(c) By saying he didn't know what the stranger was going to do.
(d) By saying he wanted to see what it was like to have sex with a man.
7. What is the setting at the opening of this scene?
(a) A huge bed.
(b) The opera.
(c) A barn.
(d) The open-air market.
8. How does Arnold make a living?
(a) As a teacher.
(b) As a male model and a hustler for gay sex.
(c) As a bartender.
(d) As an architect.
9. Why does Arnold think Ed may be ashamed of him?
(a) Because Ed never introduces Arnold to Ed's parents.
(b) Because Ed never introduces Arnold to a chance encounter with any friends.
(c) Because Ed will only be with Arnold in a gay bar.
(d) Ed doesn't appear to be ashamed of Arnold.
10. With what is Ed conflicted?
(a) Whether to quit his job.
(b) His homosexulity.
(c) Whether to move to New York.
(d) He has no real conflicts at the moment.
11. How does Ed respond when he answers the phone?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is wary.
(d) He lets the phone ring.
12. Who is described as having boyish charms?
13. What is Arnold's decision about visiting Laurel?
(a) That he will do so.
(b) That he won't visit them but invites them to visit him.
(c) That he will give it more thought and may come in a month or two.
(d) That he cannot emotionally handle a visit.
14. After the opening, where do the lights shine?
(a) On Ed Reiss.
(b) To the left side of the stage on a statue.
(c) Over the audience.
(d) The stage gets dark.
15. What does Arnold aver to Alan?
(a) That he has never had an STD.
(b) That he is monogamous.
(c) That there is nothing between Arnold and Ed.
(d) That he will always love Ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arnold think of the gay bar scene?
2. What is the name of the singer on the stage?
3. What is the relationship between Arnold and the person he is taking with him to Ed and Laurel's?
4. What does Ed ask the person with whom he is conversing?
5. Who sings from another part of the stage?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)