|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style is the dialogue in this scene?
(a) Like a fugue.
2. Whom does Ed resent?
(d) No one.
3. How does Ed feel about Alan?
(a) Interested to pick Alan's brain about music.
(c) Happy to meet Laurel's cousin.
(d) Ed is indifferent to Alan.
4. About what does Laurel seem particularly smug?
(a) About her sophistication of hosting Ed's former lover in their home.
(b) An incredibly funny joke she just related.
(c) The flan that she made that was perfect.
(d) About the decor of the house.
5. Why will Ed not introduce Arnold to his parents?
(a) Because Arnold is a different race from Ed.
(b) His parents would not understand a homosexual relationship.
(c) Because Arnold is a blue collar worker.
(d) Ed has now decided to introduce Arnold to his parents.
6. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) A New York City apartment.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) A dressing room.
(d) The vatican.
7. Over what does Ed feel discomfort?
(a) That Arnold has brought Alan.
(b) That Laurel made flan when Ed told her that Arnold was allergic to it.
(c) That Alan has made a pass at Laurel.
(d) Nothing; Ed is quite relaxed.
8. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
(a) Not in front of Arnold.
(b) Behind the bar.
(c) In the bathroom stall next to Arnold.
(d) Sitting next to Arnold.
9. What is annoying to Arnold about his conversation with Ed?
(a) That Ed keeps talking about Laurel.
(b) The fact that Ed tries to kiss Arnold in the middle of the conversation.
(c) Ed's conflicted state of mind.
(d) That Ed does not acknowledge Arnold's hurt.
10. What is Arnold talking about with the other person?
(a) That he plans to kill himself.
(b) That he is hurt by Ed's betrayal and wants a deep and true love.
(c) About the decorations.
(d) How he has been tested for AIDS.
11. What does the stranger do when Arnold tries to talk?
(a) Slaps Arnold.
(b) Jokes around with Arnold.
(c) Arnold is too scared to talk.
(d) The stranger replies that he is deaf.
12. Where is the setting in Scene 3?
(b) A swank restaurant.
(c) Aboard an airplane.
(d) The International Stud gay bar.
13. With whom is Arnold talking?
(a) No one.
14. Who is Ed dating?
(d) No one.
15. What does the singer finish singing?
(a) A rap song.
(b) A ballad.
(c) A jazz song.
(d) There is no singer in this scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is probably the predominant emotion Arthur displays in this scene?
2. What does Ed ask the person with whom he is conversing?
3. What does Ed think about the weekend visit?
4. Why does Arnold think Ed may be ashamed of him?
5. After the opening, where do the lights shine?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)