|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur suggest may be in the audience that night?
(a) A virus that many will catch.
(b) A skinhead who will kill Arthur.
(c) The perfect man.
(d) Someone who will be his best friend.
2. What revelation from Ed hurts Arnold's feelings?
(a) That Ed told their best friend, Jacs, that Ed was breaking up with Arnold.
(b) That Ed is going to Hawaii without Arnold.
(c) That Ed is going to introduce Laurel to his parents.
(d) That Ed hates Arnold's cooking.
3. How would Arnold most likely describe his love life?
4. Who visits Arnold backstage after Arnold's performance?
5. Who are onstage at the opening of this scene?
(a) Ed and Arnold.
(b) Alan and Ed.
(c) Laurel, Ed, Arnold, and Alan.
(d) No one.
6. What is one possible theme in this scene?
(a) It is impossible to be monogamous if you are not married.
(b) Love's long-term effects cannot fully be realized until much later after the initial impact has diminished.
(c) That love is always a temporary state.
(d) That temptation is avoidable through will power.
7. How is the person trying to awaken Arnold?
(a) With teasing and flirting.
(b) With a bucket of cold water.
(d) By yelling in his ear.
8. What does Murray want Arnold to do?
(a) Go to the back room.
(b) To go home and try to sleep off the drugs he took.
(c) To jump off the Golden Gate bridge for his suicide.
(d) To drive with him to Mexico City.
9. Why does Ed date a woman as well as Arnold?
(a) He doesn't date women.
(b) To make Arnold jealous.
(c) To banish his ambiguous feelings.
(d) He and Arnold are not dating.
10. Who plays a drag queen in this scene?
11. What is annoying to Arnold about his conversation with Ed?
(a) That Ed keeps talking about Laurel.
(b) Ed's conflicted state of mind.
(c) The fact that Ed tries to kiss Arnold in the middle of the conversation.
(d) That Ed does not acknowledge Arnold's hurt.
12. What is the purpose of the way the lighting is done?
(a) To show the characters in their best light.
(b) There is no particular reason.
(c) To set the mood.
(d) To elimnate the need for stage scenery.
13. Who sings from another part of the stage?
(b) A torch singer.
(d) No one.
14. What does Arnold admit to himself?
(a) That he loves Ed.
(b) That he only liked Ed for the sex.
(c) That he does not want to go back to Ed and risk getting hurt again.
(d) That he actually finds Ed quite obnoxious.
15. What does Arnold prefer at the moment?
(a) A gin tonic.
(b) Sleep to play.
(c) Work to sleep.
(d) His privacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
2. How does Ed feel about Alan?
3. Over what does Ed feel discomfort?
4. Where is the setting in Scene 3?
5. About what does Laurel seem particularly smug?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)