|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Ed not introduce Arnold to his parents?
(a) His parents would not understand a homosexual relationship.
(b) Because Arnold is a blue collar worker.
(c) Ed has now decided to introduce Arnold to his parents.
(d) Because Arnold is a different race from Ed.
2. What does Arnold do in order to have some time to think over Ed and his relationship?
(a) Asks Ed to contact him in a few weeks.
(b) Tells Ed he has to talk to his astrologer again about their relationship.
(c) Tells Ed to meet him outside the back but leaves out the front.
(d) Asks Ed to go get the car.
3. What is the name of the singer on the stage?
(d) Lady Blues.
4. Whose perspective is revealed in the conversation?
(a) The bartender's.
(d) The homeless man's.
5. Who is described as having boyish charms?
6. Who does Arnold plan to bring with him?
(c) No one.
7. Who delivers a monologue?
8. Who sings from another part of the stage?
(a) A torch singer.
(d) No one.
9. Why is the backroom dark?
(a) So the blacklight is effective.
(b) So the video is clear.
(c) Because people are embarrassed to undress for a massage.
(d) For anonymity.
10. What is annoying to Arnold about his conversation with Ed?
(a) Ed's conflicted state of mind.
(b) That Ed keeps talking about Laurel.
(c) That Ed does not acknowledge Arnold's hurt.
(d) The fact that Ed tries to kiss Arnold in the middle of the conversation.
11. What is Ed's solution to his conflict?
(a) To date a woman.
(b) To start a job search while still holding on to his other job.
(c) To buy a book about New York.
(d) To do nothing.
12. What does Arnold express to Ed about their relationship?
(a) That he never really wants to see Ed again.
(b) That is could be a lifelong commitment.
(c) That he wishes Ed had come back sooner because Arnold is now in another relationship.
(d) That Ed would return but also that Ed would have more clarity on the direction of his personal life.
13. How long has it been since Ed and Arnold last met?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three days.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
14. How is the person trying to awaken Arnold?
(b) By yelling in his ear.
(c) With a bucket of cold water.
(d) With teasing and flirting.
15. Of what could the bed setting be symbolic?
(a) That they would each like to be sexually partnered with someone else.
(b) That they are all bored and need to sleep.
(c) There is no real symbolism to the bed setting.
(d) It could be symbolic of the intimacy of the characters with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arnold go to the gay bar?
2. What does Arnold think of the gay bar scene?
3. What does Murray want Arnold to do?
4. What does the stranger do when Arnold tries to talk?
5. Why does Ed date a woman as well as Arnold?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)