|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Ed converse?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) The bartender.
2. What is the response to the question?
(a) The water was never off.
(b) There is no gin for a Tom Collins.
(c) The vents are uncomfortable but warm.
(d) The person does not know the answer.
3. Who is Ed dating?
(b) No one.
4. This short scene establishes the potential for a future conflict using a writing technique named what?
(d) Red Herring.
5. What is Alan's response to Arnold's declaration?
(d) Part disbelief.
6. Why does Ed date a woman as well as Arnold?
(a) He and Arnold are not dating.
(b) To banish his ambiguous feelings.
(c) He doesn't date women.
(d) To make Arnold jealous.
7. How much time has passed since scene 2?
(a) Four months.
(b) A year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Four days.
8. What does Ed ask the person with whom he is conversing?
(a) If the back room is crowded.
(b) If the water is back on.
(c) If he can get a Tom Collins.
(d) If it is uncomfortable sleeping on the vents.
9. How does Arnold try to justify the anonymous encounter?
(a) By pointing out that the man was a lot bigger than Arnold and so Arnold was intimidated.
(b) By saying he wanted to see what it was like to have sex with a man.
(c) By saying it is an attempt at finding love.
(d) By saying he didn't know what the stranger was going to do.
10. What does Arnold do in order to have some time to think over Ed and his relationship?
(a) Asks Ed to go get the car.
(b) Tells Ed to meet him outside the back but leaves out the front.
(c) Asks Ed to contact him in a few weeks.
(d) Tells Ed he has to talk to his astrologer again about their relationship.
11. What is annoying to Arnold about his conversation with Ed?
(a) The fact that Ed tries to kiss Arnold in the middle of the conversation.
(b) That Ed keeps talking about Laurel.
(c) Ed's conflicted state of mind.
(d) That Ed does not acknowledge Arnold's hurt.
12. What has taken Ed by surprise?
(a) That Arnold is involved with someone new.
(b) That Arnold has lost 30 pounds.
(c) That he knew Alan in elementary school.
(d) That Laurel and Alan are cousins.
13. How does Ed respond when he answers the phone?
(a) He is wary.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He lets the phone ring.
14. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
(a) In the bathroom stall next to Arnold.
(b) Not in front of Arnold.
(c) Behind the bar.
(d) Sitting next to Arnold.
15. What does Ed think about the weekend visit?
(a) He is sorry it is taking place.
(b) Arnold had to cancel at the last minute, so there is no visit.
(c) Laurel would not dream of having Arnold visit their home.
(d) Ed does not understand all the commotion over a weekend visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the way the lighting is done?
2. What does Murray look like?
3. What style is the dialogue in this scene?
4. What does Arnold express to Ed about their relationship?
5. What is the main content of the monologue?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)