|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Arnold's emotion be described when he is in the back room?
(c) He refuses to go to back room.
2. Where does Laurel live?
(a) In San Francisco.
(b) In Nebraska.
(c) In Manhattan.
(d) A farmhouse in upstate New York.
3. Who is trying to awaken Arnold?
4. Who is described as having boyish charms?
5. How does Arnold make a living?
(a) As a bartender.
(b) As a male model and a hustler for gay sex.
(c) As a teacher.
(d) As an architect.
6. What does Arnold ask of Ed?
(a) For sex for old times sake.
(b) For a cigarette.
(c) For Ed to go away.
(d) For a hit of his cocaine.
7. How does Ed feel about Alan?
(b) Ed is indifferent to Alan.
(c) Interested to pick Alan's brain about music.
(d) Happy to meet Laurel's cousin.
8. Who are onstage at the opening of this scene?
(a) Ed and Arnold.
(b) No one.
(c) Alan and Ed.
(d) Laurel, Ed, Arnold, and Alan.
9. Whom does Ed resent?
(a) No one.
10. Who sings from another part of the stage?
(a) No one.
(d) A torch singer.
11. What style is the dialogue in this scene?
(c) Like a fugue.
12. What is Ed's solution to his conflict?
(a) To date a woman.
(b) To buy a book about New York.
(c) To do nothing.
(d) To start a job search while still holding on to his other job.
13. What has taken Ed by surprise?
(a) That Laurel and Alan are cousins.
(b) That he knew Alan in elementary school.
(c) That Arnold has lost 30 pounds.
(d) That Arnold is involved with someone new.
14. What does the stranger do when Arnold tries to talk?
(a) The stranger replies that he is deaf.
(b) Slaps Arnold.
(c) Jokes around with Arnold.
(d) Arnold is too scared to talk.
15. About what does Laurel seem particularly smug?
(a) About the decor of the house.
(b) The flan that she made that was perfect.
(c) An incredibly funny joke she just related.
(d) About her sophistication of hosting Ed's former lover in their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the way the lighting is done?
2. Why is the backroom dark?
3. What is another topic that Arthur shares when he is talking onstage?
4. What is the relationship between Ed and Arnold?
5. Who does Arnold plan to bring with him?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)