|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Widows and Children First: Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurel say she is not inviting Alan and Arnold to her parent's home?
(a) She does not say.
(b) They live too far away.
(c) Her parents hate gay men.
(d) There is limited space.
2. What is a stranger doing to Arnold?
(a) Handing him a joint with incredible hashish.
(b) Berating him.
(c) Fondling him and opening his pants.
(d) Offering him a line of cocaine.
3. What is the main content of the monologue?
(a) A diatribe agains homosexuals.
(b) Frustrations at the lack of true love.
(c) A list of reason why the talker is about to commit suicide.
(d) A plea for political action for gay rights.
4. What does the author seem to be revealing in this scene?
(a) More of the characters' vulnerabilities and emotional states.
(b) That Alan is an unsavory person.
(c) That Laurel secretly wishes to sleep with Arnold.
(d) The fact that Ed is solidly heterosexual.
5. How is the lighting arranged in this scene?
(a) Lighting is not specified.
(b) It is a red strobe light.
(c) It focuses only on the speaking character.
(d) It is totally dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arnold aver to Alan?
2. Where do Laurel's parents live?
3. Over what does Ed feel discomfort?
4. What day of the week is it at the opening of this scene?
5. What is Arnold's final word on the subject of he and Ed?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)