|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Widows and Children First: Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Laurel upset?
(a) Ed having sex with Alan.
(b) Learning that Ed initiated the phone calls to Arnold.
(c) That she didn't get pregnant that weekend.
(d) That Ed still hasn't finished his latest novel.
2. For what do Laurel and Alan probe?
(a) For evidence of Arnold being HIV positive.
(b) Details of the time that Ed and Arnold spent in bed today.
(c) For an admission from Arnold that he is seeing another man besides Alan.
(d) Evidence that Ed is not gay.
3. Who is at home?
4. How does this scene end?
(a) With Arnold learning the adoption is not approved.
(b) With Ed going back to Laurel.
(c) With Mrs. Beckoff commiting suicide.
(d) Arnold is happy with David's love and the potential of a relationship with Ed again and feels hopeful once more.
5. What crisis that was just emerging during the writing of this play did the author seem to have in mind when writing this play?
(a) The invasion of Poland.
(d) The Cuban Missle Crisis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reveals Arnold's remaining hurt over the end of the relationship?
2. What does Laurel want?
3. What is Laurel's news?
4. How is the person trying to awaken Arnold?
5. What is Alan's response to Arnold's declaration?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)