|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Widows and Children First: Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the character Ed Reiss described?
(a) As a race car driver turned bartender.
(b) As having an obviously bad headache.
(c) As a homosexual man.
(d) As tall and with a pockmarked face.
2. Who plays a drag queen in this scene?
3. What has the weekend stirred up?
(a) A feeling of attraction between Ed and Alan.
(b) Insecurites in each person.
(c) A love triangle.
(d) Hidden anger between Ed and Arnold.
4. What does the author seem to be revealing in this scene?
(a) That Laurel secretly wishes to sleep with Arnold.
(b) More of the characters' vulnerabilities and emotional states.
(c) That Alan is an unsavory person.
(d) The fact that Ed is solidly heterosexual.
5. How could Arnold's emotion be described when he is in the back room?
(d) He refuses to go to back room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what do all four characters on stage agree?
2. Who does Arnold plan to bring with him?
3. What crisis that was just emerging during the writing of this play did the author seem to have in mind when writing this play?
4. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
5. Where does Laurel live?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)