|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Widows and Children First: Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Ed and Arnold last met?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) Three days.
(d) Ten years.
2. This short scene establishes the potential for a future conflict using a writing technique named what?
(c) Red Herring.
3. Why does Arnold think Ed may be ashamed of him?
(a) Ed doesn't appear to be ashamed of Arnold.
(b) Because Ed will only be with Arnold in a gay bar.
(c) Because Ed never introduces Arnold to a chance encounter with any friends.
(d) Because Ed never introduces Arnold to Ed's parents.
4. Whom is Laurel calling?
(c) Arnold and Alan.
(d) Her mother.
5. One is the main action in this scene?
(a) The harmony of the four getting along to create dinner.
(b) The revelation that Arnold and Ed plan to sneak off to have sex.
(c) An exploration of the relationship between each person of the two couples.
(d) The arrival of two other young couples and subsequent confusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what could the bed setting be symbolic?
2. Where is the person with whom Arnold converses?
3. What happens when Arnold bends over to set a beer can down?
4. Of what does Arnold sing after Laurel leaves?
5. What does Laurel plan to accomplish over the weekend?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)