|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fugue in a Nursery: Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Ed converse?
(c) The bartender.
(d) A homeless man.
2. Why does Arnold go to the gay bar?
(a) He likes the drinks.
(b) He has only been to a gay bar once.
(c) For the anonymous sex.
(d) It is the only sure place to find other homosexual men.
3. What does Ed ask the person with whom he is conversing?
(a) If the water is back on.
(b) If the back room is crowded.
(c) If he can get a Tom Collins.
(d) If it is uncomfortable sleeping on the vents.
4. What is a stranger doing to Arnold?
(a) Fondling him and opening his pants.
(b) Berating him.
(c) Offering him a line of cocaine.
(d) Handing him a joint with incredible hashish.
5. This short scene establishes the potential for a future conflict using a writing technique named what?
(d) Red Herring.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Ed evasive?
2. Who does Arnold plan to bring with him?
3. What does the stranger do when Arnold tries to talk?
4. Why does Arnold think Ed may be ashamed of him?
5. How would Arnold most likely describe his love life?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)