|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Widows and Children First: Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ed and Arnold declare?
(a) That nothing sexual happened between them.
(b) That they had sex but didn't enjoy it.
(c) That they are leaving for Paris together.
(d) That they have realized they are in love.
2. Why does Laurel want Arnold and Alan to rise?
(a) To play doubles in tennis against her and Ed.
(b) To play a pick-up game of basketball.
(c) To eat breakfast.
(d) She does not care if they arise.
3. What is Ed's solution to his conflict?
(a) To do nothing.
(b) To buy a book about New York.
(c) To start a job search while still holding on to his other job.
(d) To date a woman.
4. How does Ed respond when he answers the phone?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He lets the phone ring.
(c) He is wary.
(d) He is angry.
5. What does Arnold express to Ed about their relationship?
(a) That is could be a lifelong commitment.
(b) That he never really wants to see Ed again.
(c) That he wishes Ed had come back sooner because Arnold is now in another relationship.
(d) That Ed would return but also that Ed would have more clarity on the direction of his personal life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Arnold at the opening of this scene?
2. What does Murray look like?
3. What is probably the predominant emotion Arthur displays in this scene?
4. How might one characterize Laurel's motive for inviting Arnold over for the weekend?
5. What does Arthur suggest may be in the audience that night?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)