|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angie is awakened by a nightmare, the one word she says to Marlene is:
2. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
3. According to Mrs. Kidd, why should Howard have Marlene's job?
4. According to Shona, she has been:
5. According to Winn and Nell, who has "far more balls" than Howard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Marlene's struggle for power have a domino-effect on other characters in her office and/or her personal life?
Essay Topic 2
What is notable about the dialogue in Act 1? How does the particular dialogue style or pattern (as opposed to content) represent Marlene and the other characters? What is the overall effect?
Essay Topic 3
In Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2, Marlene is confronted by two different consequences of her determination to succeed. Explain these two consequences and how she attempts to effectively deal with them. Do you think she is successful in her attempts to cope both in appearance and in regards to her inner emotional state? Give specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)