|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With Marlene in charge, Winn and Nell feel that:
2. When Angie enters the office, Marlene offers her:
3. Why is Howard not coming in to work during the course of the play?
4. What sort of gift-giver is Marlene?
5. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the women in Act 1 serve as manifestations of particular aspects of the life of Marlene? Select three characters in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
In Act 3, Part 1, how does Marlene fight to keep Joyce from convincing her that she made the wrong choices? Consider specific words and actions she delivers to stand her ground.
Essay Topic 3
How does the subject matter of babies help define Marlene's character? Consider Marlene's association or disassociation with the other women's experiences in Act 1.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)