|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When planning the visit, Marlene:
2. What happened with Joyce's husband?
3. What happens to Angie in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
4. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
5. What does Angie do with the perfume?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the way that Marlene has defined her power in the world different from or similar to the way that Nijo, Joan, Isabella, and Gret did? In terms of how their power was attained, which woman or women are truly the "Top Girls"?
Essay Topic 2
How do the women in Act 1 serve as manifestations of particular aspects of the life of Marlene? Select three characters in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
How is Griselda's character a contrast to the other women in Act 1? What is Griselda's purpose is for being in the play?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)