|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Nell's former job, she was:
2. According to Joyce, Marlene would have been smart to:
3. Why does Winn like working at Top Girls?
4. Who else was up for the promotion that Marlene got?
5. Who conducts the interview in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the interview between Marlene and Jeanine define the conflicts and sacrifices that women in the early 1980s encountered in the post-feminist world?
Essay Topic 2
"Top Girls" is the play's title as well as the name of the employment agency where Marlene works. What is the meaning of the title of the play? What ironies exist in this title? Explain your response in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Ultimately, what sort of achievements are more admirable to Churchill: achievements based on inner independence, strength and courage, or financial and power-based victories? Explain your response with examples and characters from the play.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)