|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angie enters the office, Marlene offers her:
2. What does Angie do with her dress?
3. For whom does Marlene have to pick up slack today?
4. What does Angie need to be reminded to do?
5. Joyce and Marlene argue over everything in Act 3, Part 2 except:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the play's individualized characters and realistic dialogue create a heightened theatrical reality? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Are Churchill's choices in which characters are double-cast with each other intentional? Do the choices help define or confuse the two characters that are played by the same actor?
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolic significance of Angie's dress seen in Act 2, Scene 3 as well as in other parts of the play as well? How does wearing the dress make Angie feel?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)