|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Angie's real mother?
2. Whom does Winn compliment in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
3. Who else comes for a visit to Joyce's house?
4. What is wrong with Shona's description of her travel routine?
5. Who else was up for the promotion that Marlene got?
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately, what sort of achievements are more admirable to Churchill: achievements based on inner independence, strength and courage, or financial and power-based victories? Explain your response with examples and characters from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What prominent metaphor is the feature of Dull Gret's story in Act 1, Part 3? Why does Marlene not participate in this part of the celebration?
Essay Topic 3
How is the way that Marlene has defined her power in the world different from or similar to the way that Nijo, Joan, Isabella, and Gret did? In terms of how their power was attained, which woman or women are truly the "Top Girls"?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)