Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Angie want Marlene to take her?
2. What does Angie want to share with Marlene when she is in Angie's room?
3. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
4. Who else comes for a visit to Joyce's house?
5. What sort of gift-giver is Marlene?
"Top Girls" is the play's title as well as the name of the employment agency where Marlene works. What is the meaning of the title of the play? What ironies exist in this title? Explain your response in detail.
In Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2, Marlene is confronted by two different consequences of her determination to succeed. Explain these two consequences and how she attempts to effectively deal with them. Do you think she is successful in her attempts to cope both in appearance and in regards to her inner emotional state? Give specific examples to support your answer.
How does the subject matter of babies help define Marlene's character? Consider Marlene's association or disassociation with the other women's experiences in Act 1.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)