|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlene drink at work?
2. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
3. What happened with Joyce's husband?
4. What would Shona like to sell?
5. According to Marlene and Joyce, why did their mother have a miserable life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Are Churchill's choices in which characters are double-cast with each other intentional? Do the choices help define or confuse the two characters that are played by the same actor?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolic significance of Angie's dress seen in Act 2, Scene 3 as well as in other parts of the play as well? How does wearing the dress make Angie feel?
Essay Topic 3
How is Griselda's character a contrast to the other women in Act 1? What is Griselda's purpose is for being in the play?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)