|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angie is awakened by a nightmare, the one word she says to Marlene is:
2. Marlene suggests that if Howard is unhappy, he should:
3. Why is Marlene is angry at Joyce?
4. In terms of her current job, Louise feels that she:
5. Who else was up for the promotion that Marlene got?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the way that Marlene has defined her power in the world different from or similar to the way that Nijo, Joan, Isabella, and Gret did? In terms of how their power was attained, which woman or women are truly the "Top Girls"?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolic significance of Angie's dress seen in Act 2, Scene 3 as well as in other parts of the play as well? How does wearing the dress make Angie feel?
Essay Topic 3
What is notable about the dialogue in Act 1? How does the particular dialogue style or pattern (as opposed to content) represent Marlene and the other characters? What is the overall effect?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)