|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Kidd, what is demeaning for Howard?
2. Joyce and Marlene argue over everything in Act 3, Part 2 except:
3. When Angie enters the office, Marlene offers her:
4. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
5. According to Nell, computers is a very:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolic significance of Angie's dress seen in Act 2, Scene 3 as well as in other parts of the play as well? How does wearing the dress make Angie feel?
Essay Topic 2
In Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2, Marlene is confronted by two different consequences of her determination to succeed. Explain these two consequences and how she attempts to effectively deal with them. Do you think she is successful in her attempts to cope both in appearance and in regards to her inner emotional state? Give specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Marlene's struggle for power have a domino-effect on other characters in her office and/or her personal life?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)