|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Angie want Marlene to take her?
2. What does Angie want to share with Marlene when she is in Angie's room?
3. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
4. Who else comes for a visit to Joyce's house?
5. What sort of gift-giver is Marlene?
Essay Topic 1
What is notable about the dialogue in Act 1? How does the particular dialogue style or pattern (as opposed to content) represent Marlene and the other characters? What is the overall effect?
Essay Topic 2
How does the subject matter of babies help define Marlene's character? Consider Marlene's association or disassociation with the other women's experiences in Act 1.
Essay Topic 3
Based on what you read, what is Churchill's opinion on the various roles of women in society and how these roles affect their relationships? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)