|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of "society" does Angie have with Kit?
2. Why does Angie want to stay and watch Marlene?
3. Why might it be hard for Howard to find a job?
4. According to Winn and Nell, who has "far more balls" than Howard?
5. What is Marlene, according to Mrs. Kidd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolic significance of Angie's dress seen in Act 2, Scene 3 as well as in other parts of the play as well? How does wearing the dress make Angie feel?
Essay Topic 2
How is Griselda's character a contrast to the other women in Act 1? What is Griselda's purpose is for being in the play?
Essay Topic 3
How do the women in Act 1 serve as manifestations of particular aspects of the life of Marlene? Select three characters in your essay.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)