|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Act 3, Scene One take place?
2. Whom does Winn compliment in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
3. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
4. What shocking thing did Joyce's husband do?
5. How long is Angie planning to stay with Marlene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Top Girls" is the play's title as well as the name of the employment agency where Marlene works. What is the meaning of the title of the play? What ironies exist in this title? Explain your response in detail.
Essay Topic 2
What is notable about the dialogue in Act 1? How does the particular dialogue style or pattern (as opposed to content) represent Marlene and the other characters? What is the overall effect?
Essay Topic 3
Why might Churchill feature babies as such a prominent topic in Act 1, Parts 2 and 3? Please provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)