|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marlene, according to Mrs. Kidd?
2. Why is Howard not coming in to work during the course of the play?
3. What does Marlene complain about to the other women as she enters work?
4. Shona says she would like to move up into what kind of position?
5. What does Marlene offer to do for Angie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the play's individualized characters and realistic dialogue create a heightened theatrical reality? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Ultimately, what sort of achievements are more admirable to Churchill: achievements based on inner independence, strength and courage, or financial and power-based victories? Explain your response with examples and characters from the play.
Essay Topic 3
How is the way that Marlene has defined her power in the world different from or similar to the way that Nijo, Joan, Isabella, and Gret did? In terms of how their power was attained, which woman or women are truly the "Top Girls"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)