|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who conducts the interview in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
2. What does Angie want to share with Marlene when she is in Angie's room?
3. According to Mrs. Kidd, why should Howard have Marlene's job?
4. Marlene suggests that if Howard is unhappy, he should:
5. Confident, feminine businesswomen make Louise feel:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the subject matter of babies help define Marlene's character? Consider Marlene's association or disassociation with the other women's experiences in Act 1.
Essay Topic 2
How do the play's individualized characters and realistic dialogue create a heightened theatrical reality? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Marlene's struggle for power have a domino-effect on other characters in her office and/or her personal life?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)