|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character thinks that good works are most important?
2. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
3. When did Joan take a lover?
4. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
5. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2, Scene 1 sketch an example of the post-feminist world?
2. What sort of parenting style does Joyce have? Is any of it effective on Angie?
3. What is ironic about Angie's worship of Marlene?
4. Why might the author include so many dinner guests who have worn men's clothing?
5. Why might Churchill have written the character of Griselda as arriving late? What might it symbolize?
6. Based on what you know of Marlene's character from the play, do you think she would do things differently if she had the chance?
7. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's reason for bringing such nice gifts to the house when it was not Christmas or anyone's birthday?
8. What sort of metaphor can be drawn from Dull Gret's journey into hell?
9. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. How is Angie's presence in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2 Churchill's reminder of Marlene's determination to succeed?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the following theme: Women have come a long way from being reviled for their independence. How is this theme displayed by the characters and their actions in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolic significance of Angie's dress seen in Act 2, Scene 3 as well as in other parts of the play as well? How does wearing the dress make Angie feel?
Essay Topic 3
How do the play's individualized characters and realistic dialogue create a heightened theatrical reality? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,859 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)