|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the Emperor's rituals?
2. Jeanine can best be described as:
3. According to Marlene, the story of Griselda's marriage begins like a:
4. Angie says that she dreamed:
5. Where does Marlene work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's eagerness to show her admiration for people who have tried to make something of themselves?
2. Explain the bullying going on in Act 2, Scene 2.
3. How is Joyce's husband similar to the other male characters mentioned in the play?
4. How does Angie's desperation to connect with her aunt manifest itself through lies in Act 3, Part 1?
5. Why might Joan have taken a lover when she was Pope?
6. Why does Marlene become overwrought and have to leave the room when the conversation topic turns to the women's lovers?
7. What might the future hold for Marlene, and what clues in the story support your answer?
8. Does the close of Act 2, Scene 1 show Marlene interacting with Jeanine in a positive or negative light?
9. Why do you think the author includes a character like Isabella in the play?
10. Before you learn that Shona is lying, does she show that she deserves a chance to be sent on a good job interview? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Marlene's struggle for power have a domino-effect on other characters in her office and/or her personal life?
Essay Topic 2
How could the scene between Angie and Kit in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1 serves as a statement that the characters find femininity in general to be gross? Consider three examples in your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
Why might Churchill feature babies as such a prominent topic in Act 1, Parts 2 and 3? Please provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,452 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)