Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
2. Who asks most of the questions during Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
4. Jeanine can best be described as:
5. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the bullying going on in Act 2, Scene 2.
2. How might Marlene have reacted if she had a husband like Walter?
3. Based on the information given in the play, why might respect for a private life be important to Jeanine?
4. Of the two characters, Joyce and Marlene, which one thinks she made the right decisions in life?
5. How does Churchill portray women in dynamic and unlikely spiritual roles?
6. Why might Churchill have written the character of Griselda as arriving late? What might it symbolize?
7. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's reason for bringing such nice gifts to the house when it was not Christmas or anyone's birthday?
8. What is the significance of the menstrual blood exchange between Kit and Angie? Are they trying to prove anything here?
9. What is ironic about Angie's worship of Marlene?
10. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
What is the symbolic significance of Angie's dress seen in Act 2, Scene 3 as well as in other parts of the play as well? How does wearing the dress make Angie feel?
How could the scene between Angie and Kit in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1 serves as a statement that the characters find femininity in general to be gross? Consider three examples in your analysis.
How is Griselda's character a contrast to the other women in Act 1? What is Griselda's purpose is for being in the play?
This section contains 1,404 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)