|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
2. What part of Joan's education was missing?
3. What is the weather like at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What was Nijo's previous occupation?
5. Where does Marlene work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author include so many dinner guests who have worn men's clothing?
2. How is Joyce's husband similar to the other male characters mentioned in the play?
3. What parallel can be drawn between Jeanine and Marlene?
4. How is Griselda's experience with her children similar to or different from Marlene's experience with her own?
5. How does Angie's desperation to connect with her aunt manifest itself through lies in Act 3, Part 1?
6. How does Angie lack traditional femininity in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. How are Joan, Marlene, and Isabella all examples of behaving against the norms of society?
8. How does the Mrs. Kidd's character parallel Joyce's character?
9. What might be a more symbolic reason Angie wants all the women to wear the perfume?
10. What is ironic about Mrs. Kidd's claim that Howard needs the increase in salary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolic significance of Angie's dress seen in Act 2, Scene 3 as well as in other parts of the play as well? How does wearing the dress make Angie feel?
Essay Topic 2
In Act 3, Part 1, how does Marlene fight to keep Joyce from convincing her that she made the wrong choices? Consider specific words and actions she delivers to stand her ground.
Essay Topic 3
Based on what you read, what is Churchill's opinion on the various roles of women in society and how these roles affect their relationships? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)