|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nijo's first child?
2. What does Angie lick?
3. According to Marlene, the story of Griselda's marriage begins like a:
4. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
5. When Joan went into labor, what did she think was happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of metaphor can be drawn from Dull Gret's journey into hell?
2. What is Marlene's reaction towards her visitors in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
3. Why might Griselda have defended her husband's actions?
4. Why might Churchill have included a scene between Marlene and a character like Jeanine? How are they similar or different?
5. Why does Marlene harp so much on the fact that she left her unpleasant past life behind?
6. What is the significance of Act 1, Part 2 ending with the waitress clearing the table?
7. How does the Mrs. Kidd's character parallel Joyce's character?
8. What might be a more symbolic reason Angie wants all the women to wear the perfume?
9. Why do you think the author includes a character like Isabella in the play?
10. What is the significance of the menstrual blood exchange between Kit and Angie? Are they trying to prove anything here?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolic significance of Angie's dress seen in Act 2, Scene 3 as well as in other parts of the play as well? How does wearing the dress make Angie feel?
Essay Topic 2
Ultimately, what sort of achievements are more admirable to Churchill: achievements based on inner independence, strength and courage, or financial and power-based victories? Explain your response with examples and characters from the play.
Essay Topic 3
In thinking about Act 2, what evidence is there of the women act as bullies towards each other? Consider different groups of women in your analysis.
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)