Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
2. Who asks most of the questions during Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
4. Jeanine can best be described as:
5. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the bullying going on in Act 2, Scene 2.
2. How might Marlene have reacted if she had a husband like Walter?
3. Based on the information given in the play, why might respect for a private life be important to Jeanine?
4. Of the two characters, Joyce and Marlene, which one thinks she made the right decisions in life?
5. How does Churchill portray women in dynamic and unlikely spiritual roles?
6. Why might Churchill have written the character of Griselda as arriving late? What might it symbolize?
7. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's reason for bringing such nice gifts to the house when it was not Christmas or anyone's birthday?
8. What is the significance of the menstrual blood exchange between Kit and Angie? Are they trying to prove anything here?
9. What is ironic about Angie's worship of Marlene?
10. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
What prominent metaphor is the feature of Dull Gret's story in Act 1, Part 3? Why does Marlene not participate in this part of the celebration?
How do the women in Act 1 serve as manifestations of particular aspects of the life of Marlene? Select three characters in your essay.
How does the subject matter of babies help define Marlene's character? Consider Marlene's association or disassociation with the other women's experiences in Act 1.
This section contains 1,389 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)