|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The job Jeanine will interview for with good pay also offers:
2. Where does Angie's aunt live?
3. Because of her skills, Jeanine:
4. Which character seems to travel the most?
5. What does Angie lick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of the two characters, Joyce and Marlene, which one thinks she made the right decisions in life?
2. How did Nell react to Shona's attempt to take control during their interview?
3. How is Joyce's husband similar to the other male characters mentioned in the play?
4. What might be a more symbolic reason Angie wants all the women to wear the perfume?
5. How might Marlene have reacted if she had a husband like Walter?
6. Why might Churchill have written the character of Griselda as arriving late? What might it symbolize?
7. Why do you think the author includes a character like Isabella in the play?
8. Based on the dialogue from Act 1, Part 3, how might you say that Isabella and Marlene are alike?
9. How is Angie's presence in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2 Churchill's reminder of Marlene's determination to succeed?
10. How is Griselda's experience with her children similar to or different from Marlene's experience with her own?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Griselda's character a contrast to the other women in Act 1? What is Griselda's purpose is for being in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolic significance of Angie's dress seen in Act 2, Scene 3 as well as in other parts of the play as well? How does wearing the dress make Angie feel?
Essay Topic 3
Ultimately, what sort of achievements are more admirable to Churchill: achievements based on inner independence, strength and courage, or financial and power-based victories? Explain your response with examples and characters from the play.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)