|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When planning the visit, Marlene:
(a) Wanted it to be a surprise.
(b) Arranged for a hotel.
(c) Got the date wrong.
(d) Did not call ahead.
2. How did the husbands of Joyce's friends react to her lack of husband?
(a) They told her it was her own fault.
(b) They pretended it never happened.
(c) They propositioned her.
(d) They felt sorry for her.
3. Why does Winn like working at Top Girls?
(a) People want to meet her.
(b) She gets to be people's boss.
(c) She works mostly with women.
(d) She makes a great deal of money.
4. Why is Marlene is angry at Joyce?
(a) Joyce did not come with Angie.
(b) Joyce did not warn her Angie was coming.
(c) Joyce has not called her in three years.
(d) Joyce had a baby and she did not.
5. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) Her own cup of coffee.
(d) Her own tea bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marlene and Joyce, why did their mother have a miserable life?
2. Who is Mrs. Kidd?
3. Why does Angie want to stay and watch Marlene?
4. According to Louise, her work has been:
5. When Angie is awakened by a nightmare, the one word she says to Marlene is:
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)