|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Nijo feel when the Emperor died?
2. Each of the following is a conflict for Jeanine's career except:
(a) How much time she wants to spend with her fiance
(b) How far she wants to commute to work.
(c) How much time she wants to spend at work.
(d) How far into the future she wants to plan.
3. The job Jeanine will interview for with good pay also offers:
(a) A lot of travel.
(b) Great benefits.
(c) A lot of free time.
(d) Limited prospects.
4. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
(a) Only when someone deserves help.
(d) Very often.
5. Why are the women toasting Marlene?
(a) She has just completed her university degree.
(b) She has been named managing director at work.
(c) She has just bought a house.
(d) She has just become engaged to be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the meal do the women order during Act 1, Part 3?
2. Why does Marlene want Jeanine to get a job?
3. As the baby grew inside of Joan, she:
4. Who seems the least upset as Griselda tells her story?
5. In what language does Joan pray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parallel can be drawn between Jeanine and Marlene?
2. How is Marlene's coworker Win a reflection on her own character?
3. How does Angie lack traditional femininity in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's eagerness to show her admiration for people who have tried to make something of themselves?
5. Based on what you know of Marlene's character from the play, do you think she would do things differently if she had the chance?
6. Why might the author include so few details about the identity of Marlene's lover?
7. Why might Marlene have asked Joan if she considered not having the baby?
8. Of the two characters, Joyce and Marlene, which one thinks she made the right decisions in life?
9. How is Joyce's husband similar to the other male characters mentioned in the play?
10. Why might Joan have taken a lover when she was Pope?
This section contains 1,357 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)