|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
(d) Dull Gret.
2. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
(b) The waitress.
3. Which character seems to travel the most?
(b) Pope Joan.
4. Which character sometimes dressed as a man?
(d) Pope Joan.
5. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
(a) She is thankful he took the children away.
(b) She defends his actions.
(c) She can never forgive him.
(d) She hates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language does Joan pray?
2. What is the weather like at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who was Joan's lover?
4. Why did Nijo take the course in life she did?
5. Who asks most of the questions during Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louise's character parallel Joan's character?
2. Describe a unique feature of Act 1's dialogue, and why it may be presented/designed this way.
3. Why might Joyce have been so short with Marlene on her visit?
4. What is Marlene's reaction towards her visitors in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
5. Why do you think the author includes a character like Isabella in the play?
6. How is Griselda's experience with her children similar to or different from Marlene's experience with her own?
7. How was Marlene's birthing experience similar to or different from that of Nijo's and Joan's?
8. Of the two characters, Joyce and Marlene, which one thinks she made the right decisions in life?
9. Why might Joan have taken a lover when she was Pope?
10. Why might Churchill have shown Angie talking one moment about plans to kill her mother and plans to go to the movies the next moment?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)