|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ghost did Angie think she heard?
(a) Ghost of her mother.
(b) Ghost of her father.
(c) Ghost of a dead kitten.
(d) Ghost of a dead dog.
2. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
(a) Hostile and nasty.
(b) Kind and sweet.
(c) Blunt and realistic.
(d) Strange and creepy.
3. What is the perk of the job Marlene mentions to Jeanine that has less pay?
(a) It is located very close to Jeanine's home.
(b) It provides excellent health benefits.
(c) It has good prospects.
(d) It provides employees with lunch every day.
4. What happened to Nijo's child?
(a) The child was immediately taken from her
(b) The child died after a few days with her
(c) The child traveled with Nijo as a monk in training
(d) The child grew up to be a courtesan as well
5. Which character used to love getting dressed?
(a) Pope Joan.
(c) Dull Gret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
2. Jeanine can best be described as:
3. How do the dinner guests react to Joan's story?
4. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
5. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Louise her own worst enemy during her job interview?
2. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is ironic about Angie's worship of Marlene?
4. Based on the dialogue from Act 1, Part 3, how might you say that Isabella and Marlene are alike?
5. Describe a unique feature of Act 1's dialogue, and why it may be presented/designed this way.
6. Why might Griselda have defended her husband's actions?
7. Before you learn that Shona is lying, does she show that she deserves a chance to be sent on a good job interview? Why?
8. How is Joyce's husband similar to the other male characters mentioned in the play?
9. Does the close of Act 2, Scene 1 show Marlene interacting with Jeanine in a positive or negative light?
10. What evidence from the play further supports Marlene's stated admiration of Margaret Thatcher?
This section contains 1,457 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)