|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Nijo?
2. What sort of work has Jeanine done in the past?
3. Why does Marlene want Jeanine to get a job?
(a) Because Marlene is tired of supporting her.
(b) Because Marlene's reputation is on the line if she does not.
(c) Because Marlene needs one more placement this week.
(d) Because Marlene's friend wants to hire Jeanine.
4. What was Walter's secret?
(a) He kept another lover.
(b) He raised their children in secret.
(c) He had a second family with another woman.
(d) He was not as rich as people thought he was.
5. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
(b) Only when someone deserves help.
(d) Very often.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Angie take up in the front yard?
2. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
3. What was Nijo's first child?
4. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
5. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Griselda's experience with her children similar to or different from Marlene's experience with her own?
2. How are Joan, Marlene, and Isabella all examples of behaving against the norms of society?
3. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's reason for bringing such nice gifts to the house when it was not Christmas or anyone's birthday?
4. How is Win's position at Top Girls a positive expression of her power?
5. How did Nell react to Shona's attempt to take control during their interview?
6. Does the close of Act 2, Scene 1 show Marlene interacting with Jeanine in a positive or negative light?
7. What is ironic about Angie's worship of Marlene?
8. What sort of parenting style does Joyce have? Is any of it effective on Angie?
9. What might be a more symbolic reason Angie wants all the women to wear the perfume?
10. What is the significance of the menstrual blood exchange between Kit and Angie? Are they trying to prove anything here?
This section contains 1,389 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)