|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
(a) Presiding over an important ceremony.
(b) Spending time with her lover.
(c) Resting at home after feeling ill.
(d) Praying by herself.
2. What did Joan hope to understand as Pope?
(a) Intricacies of the Bible.
(b) Why men are in powerful positions.
(c) The history of her religion's rituals.
(d) A deeper, spiritual truth.
3. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(b) The baby is raised by nuns.
(c) She and the baby are stoned to death.
(d) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
4. Jeanine can best be described as:
(a) A spoiled girl who never had to work for her money.
(b) A smart, but lazy person.
(c) A staunch feminist.
(d) An ambitious woman who lacks self confidence.
5. Where does Act 1, Part 1 take place?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In Marlene's home.
(c) In a living room.
(d) In Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Which character insists she could never live the life of a "lady"?
3. Where was the journey that Gret describes?
4. What did Isabella do after her lover died?
5. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Mrs. Kidd's claim that Howard needs the increase in salary?
2. Why might Churchill have shown Angie talking one moment about plans to kill her mother and plans to go to the movies the next moment?
3. Does Marlene really thinks Angie is stupid and strange?
4. How might Marlene have reacted if she had a husband like Walter?
5. Why might the author include so few details about the identity of Marlene's lover?
6. Why does Marlene harp so much on the fact that she left her unpleasant past life behind?
7. How does Shona attempt to take control during her interview with Nell?
8. How is Marlene compared to her coworker Howard by the other women in the office?
9. What might be the real reason Louise wants to leave her current job?
10. What is ironic about Angie's worship of Marlene?
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)