|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Angie's secret?
(a) She has a secret boyfriend.
(b) She found out who her father is.
(c) She plans to run away.
(d) She does not like her mother.
2. Who seems the least upset as Griselda tells her story?
3. Which character insists she could never live the life of a "lady"?
4. Where does Joyce want the girls to go while they are in the yard?
(a) To the movies.
(b) Into the house.
(c) Out of the house.
(d) Over to Kit's house.
5. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
(c) Dull Gret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks most of the questions during Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What sort of work has Jeanine done in the past?
3. According to Marlene, the story of Griselda's marriage begins like a:
4. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
5. Angie says that she dreamed:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Joan have taken a lover when she was Pope?
2. How is Angie's presence in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2 Churchill's reminder of Marlene's determination to succeed?
3. What is the significance of Act 1, Part 2 ending with the waitress clearing the table?
4. What sort of metaphor can be drawn from Dull Gret's journey into hell?
5. What genre might be used to describe the play during Act 1? Explain why.
6. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Based on what you know of Marlene's character from the play, do you think she would do things differently if she had the chance?
8. Why might the author include so few details about the identity of Marlene's lover?
9. How are Joan, Marlene, and Isabella all examples of behaving against the norms of society?
10. Explain the bullying going on in Act 2, Scene 2.
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)