|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does Joan pray?
2. How does Nijo relate to Gret?
(a) She, too, had a relationship with an emperor.
(b) She, too, was sitting quietly at the table all night.
(c) She took the same journey.
(d) She, too, beat up her oppressor.
3. Where does Marlene work?
(a) A tecnology company.
(b) At a college.
(c) An employment agency.
(d) An insurance agency.
4. What was one of the Emperor's rituals?
(a) Watching for the moon rise.
(b) Practicing yoga each morning.
(c) Beating his women.
(d) Drinking a bottle of saki on Saturdays.
5. Which character sometimes dressed as a man?
(b) Pope Joan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Angie's aunt live?
2. Who is the main storyteller of Act 1, Part 2?
3. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
4. How many job interviews does Marlene come up with for Jeanine?
5. Why did Nijo take the course in life she did?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nell react to Shona's attempt to take control during their interview?
2. Why might the author include so few details about the identity of Marlene's lover?
3. Before you learn that Shona is lying, does she show that she deserves a chance to be sent on a good job interview? Why?
4. Why might Joan have taken a lover when she was Pope?
5. Why does Marlene become overwrought and have to leave the room when the conversation topic turns to the women's lovers?
6. Why might Joyce have been so short with Marlene on her visit?
7. Based on what you know of Marlene's character from the play, do you think she would do things differently if she had the chance?
8. What evidence from the play further supports Marlene's stated admiration of Margaret Thatcher?
9. Why might Churchill have written the character of Griselda as arriving late? What might it symbolize?
10. How is Marlene's coworker Win a reflection on her own character?
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)