Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
(a) With a pep talk from Marlene.
(b) With a reconciliation between Jeanine and Marlene.
(c) With an argument between Jeanine and Marlene.
(d) With a pep talk from Jeanine.
2. Who asks most of the questions during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeanine's fiance.
(d) The interviewer from Jeanine's job prospect.
3. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
(a) Hostile and nasty.
(b) Strange and creepy.
(c) Kind and sweet.
(d) Blunt and realistic.
4. Jeanine can best be described as:
(a) A smart, but lazy person.
(b) A spoiled girl who never had to work for her money.
(c) An ambitious woman who lacks self confidence.
(d) A staunch feminist.
5. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
(a) Marlene does not think Jeanine can handle a job like that.
(b) There are not many traveling jobs available.
(c) Women are not usually hired for traveling jobs.
(d) Jeanine gets very lonesome when she travels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
2. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
3. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
4. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
5. What part of Joan's education was missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the bullying going on in Act 2, Scene 2.
2. How might Marlene have reacted if she had a husband like Walter?
3. Based on the information given in the play, why might respect for a private life be important to Jeanine?
4. Of the two characters, Joyce and Marlene, which one thinks she made the right decisions in life?
5. How does Churchill portray women in dynamic and unlikely spiritual roles?
6. Why might Churchill have written the character of Griselda as arriving late? What might it symbolize?
7. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's reason for bringing such nice gifts to the house when it was not Christmas or anyone's birthday?
8. What is the significance of the menstrual blood exchange between Kit and Angie? Are they trying to prove anything here?
9. What is ironic about Angie's worship of Marlene?
10. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 1,443 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)