|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
(b) She studies hard for the interview.
(c) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
(d) She believes she is the best person for it.
2. What occupation did Griselda's husband have?
(a) Wealthy landowner.
3. Which character seems to travel the most?
(c) Pope Joan.
4. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
(b) The waitress.
5. What activity did Isabella put her life's energy into?
(a) Caring for her elderly parents.
(b) Caring for her children.
(c) Caring for horses.
(d) Caring for her exotic garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks most of the questions during Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
3. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Which character does not have a dead lover?
5. What was Walter's secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Marlene have asked Joan if she considered not having the baby?
2. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's eagerness to show her admiration for people who have tried to make something of themselves?
3. How did Nell react to Shona's attempt to take control during their interview?
4. Of the two characters, Joyce and Marlene, which one thinks she made the right decisions in life?
5. Based on the information given in the play, why might respect for a private life be important to Jeanine?
6. Does Marlene really thinks Angie is stupid and strange?
7. How is Marlene's coworker Win a reflection on her own character?
8. How is Griselda's experience with her children similar to or different from Marlene's experience with her own?
9. How is Mrs. Kidd's presence in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2 a reminder of Marlene's determination to succeed?
10. Explain the bullying going on in Act 2, Scene 2.
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)