|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
(a) She is thankful he took the children away.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She defends his actions.
(d) She can never forgive him.
2. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
3. Where are Kit and Angie planning to go while in the front yard?
(a) To the library.
(b) To a friend's house.
(c) To the movies.
4. Who seems the least upset as Griselda tells her story?
5. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
(a) Jeanine gets very lonesome when she travels.
(b) Marlene does not think Jeanine can handle a job like that.
(c) There are not many traveling jobs available.
(d) Women are not usually hired for traveling jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ghost did Angie think she heard?
2. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
3. What was Nijo's first child?
4. According to Joan, what is a greater sin than a Pope giving birth?
5. Which character does not have a dead lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might be the real reason Louise wants to leave her current job?
2. What sort of parenting style does Joyce have? Is any of it effective on Angie?
3. What is ironic about Mrs. Kidd's claim that Howard needs the increase in salary?
4. How is Angie's presence in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2 Churchill's reminder of Marlene's determination to succeed?
5. What might the future hold for Marlene, and what clues in the story support your answer?
6. What might be a more symbolic reason Angie wants all the women to wear the perfume?
7. What is Marlene's reaction towards her visitors in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
8. Why might the author include so many dinner guests who have worn men's clothing?
9. How is Win's position at Top Girls a positive expression of her power?
10. Why does Marlene become overwrought and have to leave the room when the conversation topic turns to the women's lovers?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)