|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
(a) She is thankful he took the children away.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She defends his actions.
(d) She can never forgive him.
2. In what language does Joan pray?
3. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
(b) Very often.
(c) Only when someone deserves help.
4. What is Angie's secret?
(a) She found out who her father is.
(b) She plans to run away.
(c) She does not like her mother.
(d) She has a secret boyfriend.
5. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is out of style.
(c) It is too large.
(d) It is the wrong color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angie says that she dreamed:
2. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
3. What happened to Nijo's child?
4. What might get in the way of a high-paying, demanding job for Jeanine?
5. Kit and Angie argue over whose mother is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author include so many dinner guests who have worn men's clothing?
2. What sort of metaphor can be drawn from Dull Gret's journey into hell?
3. What parallel can be drawn between Jeanine and Marlene?
4. How does Angie lack traditional femininity in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Why might Churchill have written the character of Griselda as arriving late? What might it symbolize?
6. How does Shona attempt to take control during her interview with Nell?
7. How does Churchill portray women in dynamic and unlikely spiritual roles?
8. How is Win's position at Top Girls a positive expression of her power?
9. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's eagerness to show her admiration for people who have tried to make something of themselves?
10. What genre might be used to describe the play during Act 1? Explain why.
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)