|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks most of the questions during Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) Jeanine's fiance.
(d) The interviewer from Jeanine's job prospect.
2. What weapon does Angie take up in the front yard?
(a) A knife.
(b) A brick.
(c) A gun.
3. In what language does Joan pray?
4. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(d) The main course.
5. What did Isabella do after her lover died?
(a) Went traveling.
(b) Became a nun.
(c) Stayed home for a long time
(d) Started her own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is Angie's secret?
3. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
4. When did Joan take a lover?
5. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angie's desperation to connect with her aunt manifest itself through lies in Act 3, Part 1?
2. How does Act 2, Scene 1 sketch an example of the post-feminist world?
3. Why might Churchill have shown Angie talking one moment about plans to kill her mother and plans to go to the movies the next moment?
4. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What genre might be used to describe the play during Act 1? Explain why.
6. Why might Marlene have asked Joan if she considered not having the baby?
7. Why might Joyce have been so short with Marlene on her visit?
8. How does Churchill portray women in dynamic and unlikely spiritual roles?
9. What evidence from the play further supports Marlene's stated admiration of Margaret Thatcher?
10. What might the future hold for Marlene, and what clues in the story support your answer?
This section contains 1,401 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)