|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
(a) Dull Gret.
2. According to Joan, what the pope says is:
(a) Rarely spiritual.
(b) The truth.
(c) Often a lie.
(d) Sometimes confusing.
3. Where does Marlene work?
(a) An employment agency.
(b) At a college.
(c) A tecnology company.
(d) An insurance agency.
4. What is Angie's secret?
(a) She has a secret boyfriend.
(b) She does not like her mother.
(c) She found out who her father is.
(d) She plans to run away.
5. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
(a) Jeanine gets very lonesome when she travels.
(b) Women are not usually hired for traveling jobs.
(c) Marlene does not think Jeanine can handle a job like that.
(d) There are not many traveling jobs available.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the perk of the job Marlene mentions to Jeanine that has less pay?
2. What occupation did Griselda's husband have?
3. How does Angie feel about her aunt?
4. What religion is Nijo?
5. What did Joan hope to understand as Pope?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Louise her own worst enemy during her job interview?
2. Why might Griselda have defended her husband's actions?
3. How is Win's position at Top Girls a positive expression of her power?
4. Based on what you know about Louise's character, how might she act when she returns to her office today?
5. What might the future hold for Marlene, and what clues in the story support your answer?
6. How is Marlene's coworker Win a reflection on her own character?
7. Why might the author include so few details about the identity of Marlene's lover?
8. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's eagerness to show her admiration for people who have tried to make something of themselves?
9. Of the two characters, Joyce and Marlene, which one thinks she made the right decisions in life?
10. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 1,354 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)