|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nijo's previous occupation?
(c) High-ranking Buddhist monk.
2. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(b) The baby is raised by nuns.
(c) She and the baby are stoned to death.
(d) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
3. Which new guest arrives during Act 1, Part 3?
(d) Mrs. Kidd.
4. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To go to the movies.
(b) To meet her boyfriend.
(c) To kill her mother.
(d) Because she just bought it.
5. Why does Marlene want Jeanine to get a job?
(a) Because Marlene needs one more placement this week.
(b) Because Marlene's reputation is on the line if she does not.
(c) Because Marlene's friend wants to hire Jeanine.
(d) Because Marlene is tired of supporting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
2. What is the perk of the job Marlene mentions to Jeanine that has less pay?
3. Which character thinks that good works are most important?
4. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
5. The job Jeanine will interview for with good pay also offers:
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the close of Act 2, Scene 1 show Marlene interacting with Jeanine in a positive or negative light?
2. How does Act 2, Scene 1 sketch an example of the post-feminist world?
3. How does Shona attempt to take control during her interview with Nell?
4. What is the significance of the menstrual blood exchange between Kit and Angie? Are they trying to prove anything here?
5. Why might Joan have taken a lover when she was Pope?
6. How do Marlene and Joyce struggle for power over the way each one remembers the past?
7. What might be a more symbolic reason Angie wants all the women to wear the perfume?
8. Why might Churchill have shown Angie talking one moment about plans to kill her mother and plans to go to the movies the next moment?
9. Why might Churchill have included a scene between Marlene and a character like Jeanine? How are they similar or different?
10. Describe a unique feature of Act 1's dialogue, and why it may be presented/designed this way.
This section contains 1,478 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)