|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She believes she is the best person for it.
(b) She studies hard for the interview.
(c) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
(d) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
2. What occupation did Griselda's husband have?
(c) Wealthy landowner.
3. By the end of Act 1, Part 3, which woman's story seems the least probable or realistic?
4. Where does Angie's aunt live?
5. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
(c) Dull Gret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of work has Jeanine done in the past?
2. How do the dinner guests react to Joan's story?
3. Which character thinks that good works are most important?
4. Which character does not have a dead lover?
5. What kind of ghost did Angie think she heard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Joan have taken a lover when she was Pope?
2. What parallel can be drawn between Jeanine and Marlene?
3. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How does Churchill portray women in dynamic and unlikely spiritual roles?
5. What might the future hold for Marlene, and what clues in the story support your answer?
6. How does the Mrs. Kidd's character parallel Joyce's character?
7. Why might the author include so many dinner guests who have worn men's clothing?
8. Why might Marlene have asked Joan if she considered not having the baby?
9. Explain the bullying going on in Act 2, Scene 2.
10. How are Joan, Marlene, and Isabella all examples of behaving against the norms of society?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)