|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
(a) She is thankful he took the children away.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She can never forgive him.
(d) She defends his actions.
2. Where does Marlene work?
(a) A tecnology company.
(b) An insurance agency.
(c) An employment agency.
(d) At a college.
3. What weapon does Angie take up in the front yard?
(b) A brick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
4. What does Angie have to do before she can go to the movies?
(a) Put a different dress on.
(b) Brush her teeth.
(c) Clean her room.
(d) Find a ride there.
5. What activity did Isabella put her life's energy into?
(a) Caring for her elderly parents.
(b) Caring for her children.
(c) Caring for horses.
(d) Caring for her exotic garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
2. Which character does not have a dead lover?
3. What kind of ghost did Angie think she heard?
4. Which new guest arrives during Act 1, Part 3?
5. Jeanine can best be described as:
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Marlene have reacted if she had a husband like Walter?
2. How does Churchill portray women in dynamic and unlikely spiritual roles?
3. How did Nell react to Shona's attempt to take control during their interview?
4. Why might Joan have taken a lover when she was Pope?
5. What evidence from the play further supports Marlene's stated admiration of Margaret Thatcher?
6. What sort of metaphor can be drawn from Dull Gret's journey into hell?
7. What is the significance of the menstrual blood exchange between Kit and Angie? Are they trying to prove anything here?
8. How was Marlene's birthing experience similar to or different from that of Nijo's and Joan's?
9. Why might Joyce have been so short with Marlene on her visit?
10. How does the Mrs. Kidd's character parallel Joyce's character?
This section contains 1,344 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)