|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Joan's education was missing?
(a) Information about how to be a pope.
(b) Information about how a woman's body functions.
(c) Information about raising children.
(d) Information about conducting official ceremonies.
2. How does Angie feel about her aunt?
(a) She is bored by her.
(b) She does not trust her.
(c) She has no respect for her.
(d) She worships her.
3. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To meet her boyfriend.
(b) To go to the movies.
(c) To kill her mother.
(d) Because she just bought it.
4. Why is Jeanine changing jobs?
(a) She is having a mid-life crisis.
(b) She is tired of her current job.
(c) She is changing careers.
(d) She was laid-off.
5. How do the dinner guests react to Joan's story?
(a) They hug Joan.
(b) They fall silent.
(c) They are outraged.
(d) They do not believe Joan.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Joan, what the pope says is:
2. Where was the journey that Gret describes?
3. What does Kit do while waiting for Angie to finish cleaning her room?
4. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
5. The job Jeanine will interview for with good pay also offers:
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Marlene's coworker Win a reflection on her own character?
2. How was Marlene's birthing experience similar to or different from that of Nijo's and Joan's?
3. Why might Churchill have left Jeanine with the two job possibilities that she did?
4. What is ironic about Angie's worship of Marlene?
5. What sort of parenting style does Joyce have? Is any of it effective on Angie?
6. How does Angie lack traditional femininity in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Of the two characters, Joyce and Marlene, which one thinks she made the right decisions in life?
8. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's eagerness to show her admiration for people who have tried to make something of themselves?
9. How is Joyce's husband similar to the other male characters mentioned in the play?
10. What parallel can be drawn between Jeanine and Marlene?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)