Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main storyteller of Act 1, Part 2?
(c) Pope Joan.
2. Why do people think Angie is strange?
(a) She hangs out with someone much younger.
(b) She hangs out with someone much older.
(c) She frightened all the friends she had.
(d) She does not have any friends.
3. Why does Marlene want Jeanine to get a job?
(a) Because Marlene's friend wants to hire Jeanine.
(b) Because Marlene's reputation is on the line if she does not.
(c) Because Marlene needs one more placement this week.
(d) Because Marlene is tired of supporting her.
4. How many job interviews does Marlene come up with for Jeanine?
5. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
(b) The baby is raised by nuns.
(c) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(d) She and the baby are stoned to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the dinner guests react to Joan's story?
2. What is the weather like at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
4. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
5. What part of Joan's education was missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Griselda's experience with her children similar to or different from Marlene's experience with her own?
2. What might the future hold for Marlene, and what clues in the story support your answer?
3. Based on what you know of Marlene's character from the play, do you think she would do things differently if she had the chance?
4. Why does Marlene become overwrought and have to leave the room when the conversation topic turns to the women's lovers?
5. What parallel can be drawn between Jeanine and Marlene?
6. Why might Churchill have included a scene between Marlene and a character like Jeanine? How are they similar or different?
7. How does Shona attempt to take control during her interview with Nell?
8. How does the Mrs. Kidd's character parallel Joyce's character?
9. How is Win's position at Top Girls a positive expression of her power?
10. How does Act 2, Scene 1 sketch an example of the post-feminist world?
This section contains 1,399 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)