|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character used to love getting dressed?
(c) Dull Gret.
(d) Pope Joan.
2. Where are Kit and Angie planning to go while in the front yard?
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the library.
(d) To a friend's house.
3. What activity did Isabella put her life's energy into?
(a) Caring for her children.
(b) Caring for horses.
(c) Caring for her elderly parents.
(d) Caring for her exotic garden.
4. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
(c) Dull Gret.
5. What is the main topic of conversation in Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Having babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit do while waiting for Angie to finish cleaning her room?
2. According to Joan, being pope:
3. What weapon does Angie take up in the front yard?
4. What part of Joan's education was missing?
5. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Marlene's birthing experience similar to or different from that of Nijo's and Joan's?
2. Before you learn that Shona is lying, does she show that she deserves a chance to be sent on a good job interview? Why?
3. Explain the bullying going on in Act 2, Scene 2.
4. Does Marlene really thinks Angie is stupid and strange?
5. Why do you think the author includes a character like Isabella in the play?
6. Based on what you know of Marlene's character from the play, do you think she would do things differently if she had the chance?
7. What might be a more symbolic reason Angie wants all the women to wear the perfume?
8. How does Act 2, Scene 1 sketch an example of the post-feminist world?
9. How is Mrs. Kidd's presence in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2 a reminder of Marlene's determination to succeed?
10. How does Louise's character parallel Joan's character?
This section contains 1,389 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)