|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angie have to do before she can go to the movies?
(a) Brush her teeth.
(b) Find a ride there.
(c) Put a different dress on.
(d) Clean her room.
2. According to Joan, what is a greater sin than a Pope giving birth?
(a) Never having children at all.
(b) Aborting a baby.
(c) Having a secret lover.
(d) Making a poor example of female popes.
3. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
(a) Presiding over an important ceremony.
(b) Spending time with her lover.
(c) Praying by herself.
(d) Resting at home after feeling ill.
4. Angie says that she dreamed:
(a) That she was able to fly.
(b) That she could change things by thinking about them.
(c) That she would one day have her own company.
(d) That she could hear others' thoughts.
5. How did Nijo feel when the Emperor died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jeanine changing jobs?
2. Because of her skills, Jeanine:
3. Where does Joyce want the girls to go while they are in the yard?
4. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
5. Where does Marlene work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author include so few details about the identity of Marlene's lover?
2. How is Griselda's experience with her children similar to or different from Marlene's experience with her own?
3. What genre might be used to describe the play during Act 1? Explain why.
4. How does Louise's character parallel Joan's character?
5. How does Act 2, Scene 1 sketch an example of the post-feminist world?
6. What is ironic about Mrs. Kidd's claim that Howard needs the increase in salary?
7. Why might the author include so many dinner guests who have worn men's clothing?
8. What is the significance of Act 1, Part 2 ending with the waitress clearing the table?
9. Why do you think the author includes a character like Isabella in the play?
10. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)