|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan hope to understand as Pope?
(a) A deeper, spiritual truth.
(b) Intricacies of the Bible.
(c) The history of her religion's rituals.
(d) Why men are in powerful positions.
2. How does Angie feel about her aunt?
(a) She does not trust her.
(b) She is bored by her.
(c) She worships her.
(d) She has no respect for her.
3. When Joan went into labor, what did she think was happening?
(b) Fainting spells.
(d) Divine intervention.
4. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Dull Gret.
5. Why did Nijo take the course in life she did?
(a) To see the world's beauties.
(b) To escape a repressive government.
(c) To deepen her studies.
(d) To repent for a life of sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
2. By the end of Act 1, Part 3, which woman's story seems the least probable or realistic?
3. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
4. In what language does Joan pray?
5. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Marlene have asked Joan if she considered not having the baby?
2. Why might the author include so many dinner guests who have worn men's clothing?
3. Why does Marlene harp so much on the fact that she left her unpleasant past life behind?
4. How does Angie's desperation to connect with her aunt manifest itself through lies in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What is ironic about Mrs. Kidd's claim that Howard needs the increase in salary?
6. Why might Churchill have shown Angie talking one moment about plans to kill her mother and plans to go to the movies the next moment?
7. What might the future hold for Marlene, and what clues in the story support your answer?
8. How is Griselda's experience with her children similar to or different from Marlene's experience with her own?
9. Why might Churchill have written the character of Griselda as arriving late? What might it symbolize?
10. Why might Churchill have left Jeanine with the two job possibilities that she did?
This section contains 1,366 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)