|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Act 1, Part 3, which woman's story seems the least probable or realistic?
2. What sort of work has Jeanine done in the past?
3. What does Kit do while waiting for Angie to finish cleaning her room?
(a) Makes small talk with Joyce.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Walks up and down the block.
(d) Tries to leave without Angie.
4. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She believes she is the best person for it.
(b) She studies hard for the interview.
(c) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
(d) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
5. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
(b) Dull Gret.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marlene, the story of Griselda's marriage begins like a:
2. What is the weather like at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
4. What might get in the way of a high-paying, demanding job for Jeanine?
5. Which character insists she could never live the life of a "lady"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Act 1, Part 2 ending with the waitress clearing the table?
2. Why do you think the author includes a character like Isabella in the play?
3. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's reason for bringing such nice gifts to the house when it was not Christmas or anyone's birthday?
4. What might be the real reason Louise wants to leave her current job?
5. How is Mrs. Kidd's presence in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2 a reminder of Marlene's determination to succeed?
6. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What sort of metaphor can be drawn from Dull Gret's journey into hell?
8. How does Act 2, Scene 1 sketch an example of the post-feminist world?
9. What is ironic about Mrs. Kidd's claim that Howard needs the increase in salary?
10. Why might Churchill have left Jeanine with the two job possibilities that she did?
This section contains 1,371 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)