|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Part 1 take place?
(a) In a living room.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In Marlene's home.
(d) In Japan.
2. Who seems the least upset as Griselda tells her story?
3. Why did Nijo take the course in life she did?
(a) To escape a repressive government.
(b) To see the world's beauties.
(c) To repent for a life of sin.
(d) To deepen her studies.
4. What is the weather like at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How does Angie feel about her aunt?
(a) She has no respect for her.
(b) She does not trust her.
(c) She is bored by her.
(d) She worships her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Joan, being pope:
2. Where are Kit and Angie planning to go while in the front yard?
3. What sort of work has Jeanine done in the past?
4. Where was the journey that Gret describes?
5. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Griselda's experience with her children similar to or different from Marlene's experience with her own?
2. How does Angie lack traditional femininity in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why might Joan have taken a lover when she was Pope?
4. What is Marlene's power revealed in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1, and why is this considered a power?
5. What is Joyce's attitude toward and about Angie in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. How does the Mrs. Kidd's character parallel Joyce's character?
7. Why might the author include so few details about the identity of Marlene's lover?
8. Why might the author include so many dinner guests who have worn men's clothing?
9. How is Mrs. Kidd's presence in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2 a reminder of Marlene's determination to succeed?
10. Describe a unique feature of Act 1's dialogue, and why it may be presented/designed this way.
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)