|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character used to love getting dressed?
(a) Pope Joan.
(b) Dull Gret.
2. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
(b) Very often.
(c) Only when someone deserves help.
3. Which character insists she could never live the life of a "lady"?
4. Where does Angie's aunt live?
5. Who was Joan's lover?
(a) One of her brother's friends.
(b) One of her fellow cardinals.
(c) One of her distant cousins.
(d) One of the officials in her household.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Isabella put her life's energy into?
2. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
3. Why did Nijo take the course in life she did?
4. Which character's children were taken away and never returned?
5. What part of Joan's education was missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angie's desperation to connect with her aunt manifest itself through lies in Act 3, Part 1?
2. How might Marlene have reacted if she had a husband like Walter?
3. What genre might be used to describe the play during Act 1? Explain why.
4. What sort of parenting style does Joyce have? Is any of it effective on Angie?
5. What is Marlene's power revealed in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1, and why is this considered a power?
6. What sort of metaphor can be drawn from Dull Gret's journey into hell?
7. What is ironic about Angie's worship of Marlene?
8. What might be the real reason Louise wants to leave her current job?
9. How is Angie's presence in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2 Churchill's reminder of Marlene's determination to succeed?
10. How does Act 2, Scene 1 sketch an example of the post-feminist world?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)