|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each of the following is a conflict for Jeanine's career except:
(a) How much time she wants to spend with her fiance
(b) How much time she wants to spend at work.
(c) How far she wants to commute to work.
(d) How far into the future she wants to plan.
2. Which character seems to travel the most?
(d) Pope Joan.
3. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
(a) She knew the outcome beforehand.
(b) She was raised to obey her husband.
(c) She was afraid he would beat her.
(d) She enjoyed a challenge.
4. What occupation did Griselda's husband have?
(c) Wealthy landowner.
5. Which new guest arrives during Act 1, Part 3?
(d) Mrs. Kidd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kit and Angie argue over whose mother is:
2. How do the dinner guests react to Joan's story?
3. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where does Marlene work?
5. What was Walter's secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author include so many dinner guests who have worn men's clothing?
2. How does Angie's desperation to connect with her aunt manifest itself through lies in Act 3, Part 1?
3. What evidence from the play further supports Marlene's stated admiration of Margaret Thatcher?
4. How is Louise her own worst enemy during her job interview?
5. How is Mrs. Kidd's presence in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2 a reminder of Marlene's determination to succeed?
6. Why does Marlene harp so much on the fact that she left her unpleasant past life behind?
7. Why might Marlene have asked Joan if she considered not having the baby?
8. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's eagerness to show her admiration for people who have tried to make something of themselves?
9. Based on what you know about Louise's character, how might she act when she returns to her office today?
10. What might the future hold for Marlene, and what clues in the story support your answer?
This section contains 1,420 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)