|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joan, what the pope says is:
(a) Rarely spiritual.
(b) The truth.
(c) Sometimes confusing.
(d) Often a lie.
2. As the baby grew inside of Joan, she:
(a) Thought about the beauty of the life inside her.
(b) Thought she had experienced immaculate conception.
(c) Just thought she was getting fat.
(d) Thought the baby would grow up to be pope.
3. What is Angie's secret?
(a) She plans to run away.
(b) She does not like her mother.
(c) She found out who her father is.
(d) She has a secret boyfriend.
4. Which part of the meal do the women order during Act 1, Part 3?
(b) Main course.
5. Angie says that she dreamed:
(a) That she could change things by thinking about them.
(b) That she was able to fly.
(c) That she would one day have her own company.
(d) That she could hear others' thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
2. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
3. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
4. How does Angie feel about her aunt?
5. Where does Angie's aunt live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence from the play supports Marlene's reason for bringing such nice gifts to the house when it was not Christmas or anyone's birthday?
2. How is Griselda's experience with her children similar to or different from Marlene's experience with her own?
3. Based on what you know about Louise's character, how might she act when she returns to her office today?
4. Why might Griselda have defended her husband's actions?
5. What is Marlene's reaction towards her visitors in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
6. How is Louise her own worst enemy during her job interview?
7. How is Joyce's husband similar to the other male characters mentioned in the play?
8. Before you learn that Shona is lying, does she show that she deserves a chance to be sent on a good job interview? Why?
9. Does Marlene really thinks Angie is stupid and strange?
10. What is ironic about Mrs. Kidd's claim that Howard needs the increase in salary?
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)