|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Marlene in charge, Winn and Nell feel that:
(a) They will never advance.
(b) They might lose their jobs.
(c) Howard will be promoted over them.
(d) Will more likely advance.
2. When planning the visit, Marlene:
(a) Got the date wrong.
(b) Did not call ahead.
(c) Arranged for a hotel.
(d) Wanted it to be a surprise.
3. According to Nell, computers is a very:
(a) Male-oriented field.
(b) Low-paying field.
(c) Glamorous field.
(d) Boring field.
4. What do all men want Marlene to do?
(a) Stop visiting her embarrassing family.
(b) Stop being a businesswoman.
(c) Stop going to church.
(d) Stop dressing in expensive clothing.
5. What has happened to Howard?
(a) He has quit his job.
(b) He has committed suicide.
(c) He has left his wife.
(d) He had a heart attack.
6. What shocking thing did Joyce's husband do?
(a) He secretly helped Marlene get her start in London.
(b) He pretended to have an affair so that Joyce would leave him.
(c) He tried to kiss Marlene.
(d) He married someone else while married to Joyce.
7. What does Angie want to share with Marlene when she is in Angie's room?
(a) Her diary.
(b) A secret.
(c) Her dessert.
(d) Her blanket.
8. What is Angie's attitude towards Marlene?
(a) She adores Marlene.
(b) She resents Marlene.
(c) She is afraid of Marlene.
(d) She dispproves of Marlene.
9. What is wrong with Shona's description of her travel routine?
(a) It duplicates Nell's travel routine.
(b) It better describes her vacation routine.
(c) It is a lie.
(d) It takes too long to explain.
10. When Winn came to work for Top Girls:
(a) She quit her other job with no notice.
(b) She was offered more money.
(c) She had to take a pay cut.
(d) She received more vacation time.
11. What sort of "society" does Angie have with Kit?
12. How old is Louise?
13. What happens to Angie in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
(a) She storms out of the office.
(b) She falls asleep.
(c) She learns the truth from Marlene.
(d) She tells Marlene the truth.
14. Marlene suggests that if Howard is unhappy, he should:
(a) See a psychiatrist.
(b) Work harder and get promoted.
(c) Go work somewhere else.
(d) Talk to Marlene himself.
15. Whom does Angie meet in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else comes for a visit to Joyce's house?
2. Louise's talking habits can be described as:
3. According to Louise, her work has been:
4. How does Louise feel that she is viewed as at work?
5. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)