|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Joyce get pregnant?
(a) When she was sixteen.
(b) Never; she was unable to conceive.
(c) When Angie was six months old.
(d) When she was nearly 40 years old.
2. Louise's talking habits can be described as:
(a) She is too nervous to say what she would like.
(b) She speaks very little.
(c) She speaks a bit too much.
(d) She shares a conversation equally.
3. In Nell's former job, she was:
(a) Successful, but not a nice person.
(b) Unsuccessful, but a nice person.
(c) Neither successful nor a nice person.
(d) Both successful and a nice person.
4. According to Mrs. Kidd, why should Howard have Marlene's job?
(a) He has more education.
(b) He originally hired Marlene.
(c) He has been with the company longer.
(d) He has three children to support.
5. What does Marlene drink at work?
6. Why does Angie want to stay and watch Marlene?
(a) She wants Marlene's job.
(b) She wants to spy on Marlene for Joyce.
(c) It is where she most wants to be in the world.
(d) She does not trust Marlene.
7. How did Winn get her present job?
(a) Marlene knew her from college.
(b) She answered an ad in the paper.
(c) She was headhunted.
(d) She applied through the company's web site.
8. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) Her own tea bags.
(d) Her own cup of coffee.
9. What has happened to Howard?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He has quit his job.
(c) He has left his wife.
(d) He has committed suicide.
10. When planning the visit, Marlene:
(a) Did not call ahead.
(b) Arranged for a hotel.
(c) Wanted it to be a surprise.
(d) Got the date wrong.
11. Who enters work at Top Girls hung over?
12. Marlene suggests that if Howard is unhappy, he should:
(a) See a psychiatrist.
(b) Talk to Marlene himself.
(c) Go work somewhere else.
(d) Work harder and get promoted.
13. In terms of her current job, Louise feels that she:
(a) Could advance further.
(b) Has reached the limit of advancement.
(c) Could advance if she weren't so good looking.
(d) Could advance if she were younger.
14. Why does Winn like working at Top Girls?
(a) She works mostly with women.
(b) She makes a great deal of money.
(c) She gets to be people's boss.
(d) People want to meet her.
15. What are Win and Nell's position in the company?
(a) They have the same position as Marlene.
(b) They are assistants.
(c) They wish to be hired.
(d) They are Marlene's bosses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the husbands of Joyce's friends react to her lack of husband?
2. What happened with Joyce's husband?
3. Why might it be hard for Howard to find a job?
4. According to Marlene and Joyce, why did their mother have a miserable life?
5. What happens to Angie in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)