|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else comes for a visit to Joyce's house?
(d) Mrs. Kidd.
2. Why did Winn get into sales?
(a) To gain management experience.
(b) To help others.
(c) To make a lot of money.
(d) To meet people.
3. Why does Winn like working at Top Girls?
(a) She makes a great deal of money.
(b) She works mostly with women.
(c) People want to meet her.
(d) She gets to be people's boss.
4. How does Louise feel that she is viewed as at work?
(a) As a weak woman.
(b) As an androgenous person.
(c) As a feminine woman.
(d) As a man.
5. For whom does Marlene have to pick up slack today?
(b) Another employee who is away.
(d) No one, Marlene is lying.
6. Confident, feminine businesswomen make Louise feel:
7. What shocking thing did Joyce's husband do?
(a) He married someone else while married to Joyce.
(b) He tried to kiss Marlene.
(c) He secretly helped Marlene get her start in London.
(d) He pretended to have an affair so that Joyce would leave him.
8. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) Her own tea bags.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) Her own cup of coffee.
9. What does Angie do with her dress?
(a) She keeps it on during the visit.
(b) She complains that it does not fit properly.
(c) She asks Marlene to take it back.
(d) She wants Joyce to try it on.
10. When Angie first enters the office:
(a) Marlene doesn't recognize her.
(b) Marlene thinks Angie is Joyce.
(c) Marlene scolds Angie for being late.
(d) Marlene gives Angie a big hug.
11. What do we learn about Angie's desires in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
(a) She wants to go to college.
(b) She wants to go out for dinner.
(c) She wants to be like Joyce.
(d) She wants to work at the agency.
12. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) A few hours.
(c) No more than half an hour.
(d) An afternoon.
13. Who conducts the interview in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
14. According to Angie:
(a) Joyce does not like to use the phone.
(b) Joyce often says the phone is too expensive.
(c) Joyce never gets off the phone.
(d) Joyce never allows her to use the phone.
15. With Marlene in charge, Winn and Nell feel that:
(a) Howard will be promoted over them.
(b) They will never advance.
(c) They might lose their jobs.
(d) Will more likely advance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angie need to be reminded to do?
2. How did Winn get her present job?
3. According to Winn and Nell, who has "far more balls" than Howard?
4. Who is Mrs. Kidd?
5. Louise's talking habits can be described as:
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)