|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marlene and Joyce, why did their mother have a miserable life?
(a) Her husband was a drunk.
(b) Her children were such a disappointment to her.
(c) She was never able to use the education she had.
(d) She lost all her money gambling on horses.
2. Who conducts the interview in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
3. Who else was up for the promotion that Marlene got?
4. How old is Louise?
5. What do we learn about Angie's desires in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
(a) She wants to go to college.
(b) She wants to be like Joyce.
(c) She wants to work at the agency.
(d) She wants to go out for dinner.
6. When Angie first enters the office:
(a) Marlene doesn't recognize her.
(b) Marlene thinks Angie is Joyce.
(c) Marlene scolds Angie for being late.
(d) Marlene gives Angie a big hug.
7. What does Angie convince Marlene of?
(a) That Joyce knows Angie is there.
(b) That Joyce has a new boyfriend.
(c) That Joyce will be joining them shortly.
(d) That Joyce is having a baby.
8. What gift does Marlene bring Joyce?
(a) A bottle of perfume.
(b) A dress.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A sewing kit.
9. In Nell's former job, she was:
(a) Both successful and a nice person.
(b) Successful, but not a nice person.
(c) Neither successful nor a nice person.
(d) Unsuccessful, but a nice person.
10. Why does Winn like working at Top Girls?
(a) She works mostly with women.
(b) She gets to be people's boss.
(c) She makes a great deal of money.
(d) People want to meet her.
11. When Joyce and Marlene say their good-nights,
(a) They have reconciled their differences.
(b) Joyce is rebuffed by Marlene.
(c) They disagree with each other, but are best of friends.
(d) They are not on good terms.
12. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) Her own cup of coffee.
(c) Her own tea bags.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
13. According to Joyce, this "society" is:
(a) A good idea.
14. How long is Angie planning to stay with Marlene?
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
15. What does Marlene asks Angie about?
(b) Her neighbors.
(d) Her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Shona like to sell?
2. Shona says she would like to move up into what kind of position?
3. According to Louise, her work has been:
4. Who is Angie's real mother?
5. Why is Marlene is angry at Joyce?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)