|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Louise's talking habits can be described as:
(a) She speaks very little.
(b) She is too nervous to say what she would like.
(c) She shares a conversation equally.
(d) She speaks a bit too much.
2. How does Louise feel that she is viewed as at work?
(a) As a feminine woman.
(b) As a man.
(c) As a weak woman.
(d) As an androgenous person.
3. What sort of "society" does Angie have with Kit?
4. According to Mrs. Kidd, why should Howard have Marlene's job?
(a) He originally hired Marlene.
(b) He has been with the company longer.
(c) He has three children to support.
(d) He has more education.
5. What does Marlene offer to do for Angie?
(a) Pay for Angie's college tuition.
(b) Let Joyce and Angie move in with her.
(c) Tell Angie the truth tomorrow.
(d) Take Angie back to London with her.
6. According to Louise, her work has been:
(a) Irrelevant to discuss during an interview.
(b) Sometimes sloppy.
(c) High quality.
(d) Poor quality.
7. According to Mrs. Kidd, what is demeaning for Howard?
(a) To work for a woman
(b) To work in an office job
(c) To work for a white person
(d) To work at an employment agency
8. Who else was up for the promotion that Marlene got?
9. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
(a) Why Marlene does not have a husband.
(b) Why Joyce does not seem glad to see Marlene.
(c) Whether Angie should keep the dress on.
(d) The fact that Marlene should have known Angie was lying.
10. What would Shona like to sell?
(a) Photo copiers.
(b) Office furniture.
(c) Telecom services.
11. In Act 2, Scene 3, Marlene is busy and what else?
(a) But is going to clear her schedule for Angie.
(b) But decides to take the day off.
(c) And can't spend much time with Angie.
(d) But is very excited to see Angie.
12. When Joyce and Marlene say their good-nights,
(a) They have reconciled their differences.
(b) They are not on good terms.
(c) Joyce is rebuffed by Marlene.
(d) They disagree with each other, but are best of friends.
13. What kind of company does Winn feel will welcome Louise?
(a) A cosmetics comany.
(b) A car company.
(c) An employment agency.
(d) A restaurant.
14. What does Angie need to be reminded to do?
(a) Say "goodbye" when Marlene leaves.
(b) Greet Marlene when she walks in.
(c) Ask Marlene how she is.
(d) Thank Marlene for the gift.
15. According to Joyce, Marlene would have been smart to:
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Let someone else adopt her baby.
(c) Move to London with her baby.
(d) Keep her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Angie in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
2. Louise wants to:
3. Shona says she would like to move up into what kind of position?
4. What is wrong with Shona's description of her travel routine?
5. Who is Angie's real mother?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)