|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, Marlene is busy and what else?
(a) But is very excited to see Angie.
(b) But is going to clear her schedule for Angie.
(c) And can't spend much time with Angie.
(d) But decides to take the day off.
2. How will Marlene's new office compare to her present office?
(a) It will be much smaller.
(b) It will be much bigger.
(c) Is will be exactly the same.
(d) It will be in a different building.
3. Why did Winn get into sales?
(a) To meet people.
(b) To help others.
(c) To gain management experience.
(d) To make a lot of money.
4. How did the husbands of Joyce's friends react to her lack of husband?
(a) They pretended it never happened.
(b) They felt sorry for her.
(c) They told her it was her own fault.
(d) They propositioned her.
5. What does Angie do with the perfume?
(a) She spills it.
(b) She gives it to Kit.
(c) She steals it from Joyce.
(d) She insists they all wear some.
6. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
(a) An afternoon.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) A few hours.
(d) No more than half an hour.
7. What happened with Joyce's husband?
(a) He died from drinking too much.
(b) They had a peaceful divorce and are still good friends.
(c) He never came home one night.
(d) He had an affair, so Joyce kicked him out.
8. What sort of "society" does Angie have with Kit?
9. What has happened to Howard?
(a) He has left his wife.
(b) He has quit his job.
(c) He has committed suicide.
(d) He had a heart attack.
10. According to Marlene, what sort of people does she respect?
(a) People who make a lot of money despite their lack of education.
(b) People who become a success without regard for lovers or children.
(c) People who never have to visit their poor relatives.
(d) People with the courage and strength to succeed.
11. What does Angie convince Marlene of?
(a) That Joyce is having a baby.
(b) That Joyce has a new boyfriend.
(c) That Joyce will be joining them shortly.
(d) That Joyce knows Angie is there.
12. According to Marlene and Joyce, why did their mother have a miserable life?
(a) She was never able to use the education she had.
(b) Her children were such a disappointment to her.
(c) She lost all her money gambling on horses.
(d) Her husband was a drunk.
13. What does Angie want to share with Marlene when she is in Angie's room?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) Her dessert.
(c) Her diary.
(d) A secret.
14. Why might it be hard for Howard to find a job?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His lack of education.
(c) His disability.
(d) His age.
15. Who is Angie's real mother?
(b) Kit's mother.
(d) Marlene and Joyce's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce and Marlene argue over everything in Act 3, Part 2 except:
2. Why is Marlene is angry at Joyce?
3. What are Win and Nell's position in the company?
4. According to Mrs. Kidd, what is demeaning for Howard?
5. Louise's talking habits can be described as:
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)