|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) Her own tea bags.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) Her own cup of coffee.
2. What is Marlene, according to Mrs. Kidd?
(a) Not sophisticated.
(b) Not natural.
(c) Not intelligent.
(d) Not attractive.
3. What does Joyce do when Marlene offers her money?
(a) Joyce begins to cry.
(b) Joyce gladly takes it.
(c) Joyce refuses to take any.
(d) Joyce scoffs at how little it is.
4. Louise wants to:
(a) Work for Win.
(b) Work for Marlene.
(c) Change from her present job.
(d) Stay with her current job.
5. Joyce and Marlene argue over everything in Act 3, Part 2 except:
(a) Who should sleep on the sofa.
(b) Whether Marlene was right to leave her daughter.
(c) Who is a better daughter.
(d) Whether Marlene was right to leave.
6. What happens to Angie in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She storms out of the office.
(c) She learns the truth from Marlene.
(d) She tells Marlene the truth.
7. How will Marlene's new office compare to her present office?
(a) It will be much bigger.
(b) Is will be exactly the same.
(c) It will be much smaller.
(d) It will be in a different building.
8. What do all men want Marlene to do?
(a) Stop dressing in expensive clothing.
(b) Stop being a businesswoman.
(c) Stop going to church.
(d) Stop visiting her embarrassing family.
9. Whom does Angie meet in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 3?
10. According to Angie:
(a) Joyce never allows her to use the phone.
(b) Joyce does not like to use the phone.
(c) Joyce often says the phone is too expensive.
(d) Joyce never gets off the phone.
11. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
(a) Why Joyce does not seem glad to see Marlene.
(b) Whether Angie should keep the dress on.
(c) Why Marlene does not have a husband.
(d) The fact that Marlene should have known Angie was lying.
12. With Marlene in charge, Winn and Nell feel that:
(a) Howard will be promoted over them.
(b) They might lose their jobs.
(c) Will more likely advance.
(d) They will never advance.
13. According to Louise, her work has been:
(a) Irrelevant to discuss during an interview.
(b) High quality.
(c) Sometimes sloppy.
(d) Poor quality.
14. Marlene's visit a year ago was:
(a) The most boring day of Angie's life.
(b) The worst day of Angie's life.
(c) The most confusing day of Angie's life.
(d) The best day of Angie's life.
15. When did Joyce get pregnant?
(a) When Angie was six months old.
(b) When she was sixteen.
(c) Never; she was unable to conceive.
(d) When she was nearly 40 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened with Joyce's husband?
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, Marlene is busy and what else?
3. What field did Nell once work in?
4. Where does Act 3, Part 1 take place?
5. According to Win, Louise will have to interview against:
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)