|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, Marlene is busy and what else?
(a) But is going to clear her schedule for Angie.
(b) But decides to take the day off.
(c) But is very excited to see Angie.
(d) And can't spend much time with Angie.
2. Joyce and Marlene also bicker about everything except what?
(a) Whether Joyce and Marlene got drunk at a funeral.
(b) Whether Joyce has seen their mother recently.
(c) Whether Marlene is going to get Angie a job.
(d) Whether or not Joyce drinks.
3. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) An afternoon.
(c) A few hours.
(d) No more than half an hour.
4. In terms of her current job, Louise feels that she:
(a) Has reached the limit of advancement.
(b) Could advance if she were younger.
(c) Could advance if she weren't so good looking.
(d) Could advance further.
5. What does Angie want to share with Marlene when she is in Angie's room?
(a) Her dessert.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her blanket.
(d) A secret.
6. Who else comes for a visit to Joyce's house?
(b) Mrs. Kidd.
7. According to Shona, she has been:
(a) Very successful in sales.
(b) Not very successful in sales.
(c) Grossly underpaid in sales.
(d) Very bored with sales.
8. What sort of "society" does Angie have with Kit?
9. Marlene suggests that if Howard is unhappy, he should:
(a) Work harder and get promoted.
(b) Go work somewhere else.
(c) See a psychiatrist.
(d) Talk to Marlene himself.
10. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
(a) The fact that Marlene should have known Angie was lying.
(b) Why Marlene does not have a husband.
(c) Why Joyce does not seem glad to see Marlene.
(d) Whether Angie should keep the dress on.
11. When does Act 3, Scene One take place?
(b) A year earlier.
(c) A week later.
(d) A year later.
12. Who is Mrs. Kidd?
(a) Howard's wife.
(b) Marlene's other sister.
(c) Angie's mother.
(d) An interviewee for a job.
13. According to Louise, her work has been:
(a) Sometimes sloppy.
(b) High quality.
(c) Poor quality.
(d) Irrelevant to discuss during an interview.
14. What does Marlene offer to do for Angie?
(a) Take Angie back to London with her.
(b) Tell Angie the truth tomorrow.
(c) Let Joyce and Angie move in with her.
(d) Pay for Angie's college tuition.
15. When Angie is awakened by a nightmare, the one word she says to Marlene is:
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking thing did Joyce's husband do?
2. Where does Angie want Marlene to take her?
3. According to Marlene, what sort of people does she respect?
4. How will Marlene's new office compare to her present office?
5. What is Marlene, according to Mrs. Kidd?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)