|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Joyce get pregnant?
(a) When Angie was six months old.
(b) Never; she was unable to conceive.
(c) When she was nearly 40 years old.
(d) When she was sixteen.
2. Which political figure does Marlene admire?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Prince Charles.
(c) The Queen of England.
(d) Margaret Thatcher.
3. What does Angie convince Marlene of?
(a) That Joyce is having a baby.
(b) That Joyce will be joining them shortly.
(c) That Joyce knows Angie is there.
(d) That Joyce has a new boyfriend.
4. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
(a) Whether Angie should keep the dress on.
(b) Why Marlene does not have a husband.
(c) Why Joyce does not seem glad to see Marlene.
(d) The fact that Marlene should have known Angie was lying.
5. According to Win, Louise will have to interview against:
(a) Older men.
(b) More experienced women.
(c) Younger men.
(d) Younger women.
6. Who conducts the interview in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
7. What are Win and Nell's position in the company?
(a) They wish to be hired.
(b) They have the same position as Marlene.
(c) They are assistants.
(d) They are Marlene's bosses.
8. When planning the visit, Marlene:
(a) Did not call ahead.
(b) Got the date wrong.
(c) Arranged for a hotel.
(d) Wanted it to be a surprise.
9. What has happened to Howard?
(a) He has left his wife.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He has committed suicide.
(d) He has quit his job.
10. What does Marlene drink at work?
11. In terms of her current job, Louise feels that she:
(a) Could advance further.
(b) Could advance if she weren't so good looking.
(c) Has reached the limit of advancement.
(d) Could advance if she were younger.
12. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) Her own tea bags.
(d) Her own cup of coffee.
13. Who else comes for a visit to Joyce's house?
(a) Mrs. Kidd.
14. Why might it be hard for Howard to find a job?
(a) His lack of education.
(b) His age.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His disability.
15. What does Marlene complain about to the other women as she enters work?
(a) She is hung over.
(b) She is underpaid.
(c) The subway was running late.
(d) The coffee is too hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louise's talking habits can be described as:
2. According to Joyce, Marlene would have been smart to:
3. Where does Act 3, Part 1 take place?
4. What sort of gift-giver is Marlene?
5. What kind of company does Winn feel will welcome Louise?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)