|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Howard not coming in to work during the course of the play?
(a) He is too hung over.
(b) He is upset about Marlene's promotion.
(c) He got into a car wreck.
(d) He is interviewing for a different job.
2. Where does Act 3, Part 1 take place?
(a) Marlene's office.
(b) At the restaurant.
(c) Joyce's house.
(d) Marlene's home.
3. According to Marlene and Joyce, why did their mother have a miserable life?
(a) Her children were such a disappointment to her.
(b) Her husband was a drunk.
(c) She was never able to use the education she had.
(d) She lost all her money gambling on horses.
4. Where does Angie want Marlene to take her?
(a) To the beach next summer.
(b) To an amusement park.
(c) To America.
(d) To her house in London.
5. According to Nell, computers is a very:
(a) Low-paying field.
(b) Boring field.
(c) Male-oriented field.
(d) Glamorous field.
6. According to Louise, her work has been:
(a) High quality.
(b) Sometimes sloppy.
(c) Irrelevant to discuss during an interview.
(d) Poor quality.
7. Who is Angie's real mother?
(a) Kit's mother.
(d) Marlene and Joyce's mother.
8. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
(a) The fact that Marlene should have known Angie was lying.
(b) Why Marlene does not have a husband.
(c) Why Joyce does not seem glad to see Marlene.
(d) Whether Angie should keep the dress on.
9. What would Shona like to sell?
(a) Telecom services.
(c) Office furniture.
(d) Photo copiers.
10. How old is Louise?
11. What is Marlene, according to Mrs. Kidd?
(a) Not natural.
(b) Not intelligent.
(c) Not sophisticated.
(d) Not attractive.
12. What does Angie do with her dress?
(a) She wants Joyce to try it on.
(b) She keeps it on during the visit.
(c) She complains that it does not fit properly.
(d) She asks Marlene to take it back.
13. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) No more than half an hour.
(c) A few hours.
(d) An afternoon.
14. When Joyce and Marlene say their good-nights,
(a) They have reconciled their differences.
(b) They disagree with each other, but are best of friends.
(c) Joyce is rebuffed by Marlene.
(d) They are not on good terms.
15. Louise's talking habits can be described as:
(a) She is too nervous to say what she would like.
(b) She speaks very little.
(c) She speaks a bit too much.
(d) She shares a conversation equally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Winn get into sales?
2. What happened to Angie's dad?
3. When Angie first enters the office:
4. Why does Angie want to stay and watch Marlene?
5. What do we learn about Angie's desires in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)