|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Kidd, what is demeaning for Howard?
(a) To work for a white person
(b) To work in an office job
(c) To work for a woman
(d) To work at an employment agency
2. According to Joyce, Marlene would have been smart to:
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Move to London with her baby.
(c) Keep her baby.
(d) Let someone else adopt her baby.
3. Whom does Winn compliment in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
(c) Her former boss.
4. In terms of her current job, Louise feels that she:
(a) Could advance if she were younger.
(b) Has reached the limit of advancement.
(c) Could advance further.
(d) Could advance if she weren't so good looking.
5. What happens to Angie in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
(a) She learns the truth from Marlene.
(b) She tells Marlene the truth.
(c) She falls asleep.
(d) She storms out of the office.
6. Why is Marlene is angry at Joyce?
(a) Joyce did not come with Angie.
(b) Joyce did not warn her Angie was coming.
(c) Joyce had a baby and she did not.
(d) Joyce has not called her in three years.
7. According to Win, Louise will have to interview against:
(a) Younger men.
(b) Older men.
(c) More experienced women.
(d) Younger women.
8. What shocking thing did Joyce's husband do?
(a) He married someone else while married to Joyce.
(b) He pretended to have an affair so that Joyce would leave him.
(c) He secretly helped Marlene get her start in London.
(d) He tried to kiss Marlene.
9. How did Winn get her present job?
(a) She answered an ad in the paper.
(b) She applied through the company's web site.
(c) She was headhunted.
(d) Marlene knew her from college.
10. What is Marlene, according to Mrs. Kidd?
(a) Not sophisticated.
(b) Not natural.
(c) Not attractive.
(d) Not intelligent.
11. How long is Angie planning to stay with Marlene?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
12. What gift does Marlene bring Angie?
(a) A dress.
(b) A bottle of perfume.
(c) A sewing kit.
(d) A sweater.
13. According to Joyce, Angie is:
(a) Good with little children.
(b) Not too good with little children.
(c) Planning to be a pediatrician.
(d) Planning to be a nursery school teacher.
14. In Act 2, Scene 3, Marlene is busy and what else?
(a) But is going to clear her schedule for Angie.
(b) But decides to take the day off.
(c) And can't spend much time with Angie.
(d) But is very excited to see Angie.
15. How old is Louise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all men want Marlene to do?
2. Louise wants to:
3. What does Marlene drink at work?
4. Why is Howard not coming in to work during the course of the play?
5. What happened to Angie's dad?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)