|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Angie want Marlene to take her?
(a) To an amusement park.
(b) To her house in London.
(c) To America.
(d) To the beach next summer.
2. What does Angie want to share with Marlene when she is in Angie's room?
(a) A secret.
(b) Her blanket.
(c) Her dessert.
(d) Her diary.
3. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
(a) Why Joyce does not seem glad to see Marlene.
(b) The fact that Marlene should have known Angie was lying.
(c) Whether Angie should keep the dress on.
(d) Why Marlene does not have a husband.
4. Who else comes for a visit to Joyce's house?
(d) Mrs. Kidd.
5. What sort of gift-giver is Marlene?
(a) She gives gifts and then usually wants them back.
(b) She gives gifts that are too expensive.
(c) She does not remember birthdays or Christmas.
(d) She gives rather cheap gifts.
6. When Winn came to work for Top Girls:
(a) She quit her other job with no notice.
(b) She had to take a pay cut.
(c) She received more vacation time.
(d) She was offered more money.
7. Who conducts the interview in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
8. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) An afternoon.
(c) No more than half an hour.
(d) A few hours.
9. How did Winn get her present job?
(a) Marlene knew her from college.
(b) She was headhunted.
(c) She applied through the company's web site.
(d) She answered an ad in the paper.
10. How long is Angie planning to stay with Marlene?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(d) One year.
11. What gift does Marlene bring Angie?
(a) A dress.
(b) A bottle of perfume.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A sewing kit.
12. What is Angie's attitude towards Marlene?
(a) She dispproves of Marlene.
(b) She resents Marlene.
(c) She is afraid of Marlene.
(d) She adores Marlene.
13. In Act 2, Scene 3, Marlene is busy and what else?
(a) But is going to clear her schedule for Angie.
(b) But decides to take the day off.
(c) And can't spend much time with Angie.
(d) But is very excited to see Angie.
14. What is Marlene, according to Mrs. Kidd?
(a) Not intelligent.
(b) Not natural.
(c) Not sophisticated.
(d) Not attractive.
15. What happens to Angie in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She tells Marlene the truth.
(c) She learns the truth from Marlene.
(d) She storms out of the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce and Marlene also bicker about everything except what?
2. When did Joyce get pregnant?
3. According to Joyce, this "society" is:
4. What has happened to Howard?
5. With Marlene in charge, Winn and Nell feel that:
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)