|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Angie:
(a) Joyce often says the phone is too expensive.
(b) Joyce does not like to use the phone.
(c) Joyce never gets off the phone.
(d) Joyce never allows her to use the phone.
2. What does Angie do with her dress?
(a) She wants Joyce to try it on.
(b) She complains that it does not fit properly.
(c) She keeps it on during the visit.
(d) She asks Marlene to take it back.
3. According to Joyce, Angie is:
(a) Good with little children.
(b) Planning to be a nursery school teacher.
(c) Planning to be a pediatrician.
(d) Not too good with little children.
4. What sort of "society" does Angie have with Kit?
5. When does Act 3, Scene One take place?
(a) A year later.
(b) A week later.
(d) A year earlier.
6. Whom does Nell interview in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 3?
7. When Winn came to work for Top Girls:
(a) She quit her other job with no notice.
(b) She received more vacation time.
(c) She had to take a pay cut.
(d) She was offered more money.
8. What do all men want Marlene to do?
(a) Stop dressing in expensive clothing.
(b) Stop visiting her embarrassing family.
(c) Stop being a businesswoman.
(d) Stop going to church.
9. Which political figure does Marlene admire?
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) The Queen of England.
(c) Prince Charles.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
10. When Angie is awakened by a nightmare, the one word she says to Marlene is:
11. According to Nell, computers is a very:
(a) Male-oriented field.
(b) Glamorous field.
(c) Low-paying field.
(d) Boring field.
12. How did the husbands of Joyce's friends react to her lack of husband?
(a) They propositioned her.
(b) They told her it was her own fault.
(c) They felt sorry for her.
(d) They pretended it never happened.
13. When Angie first enters the office:
(a) Marlene thinks Angie is Joyce.
(b) Marlene doesn't recognize her.
(c) Marlene gives Angie a big hug.
(d) Marlene scolds Angie for being late.
14. According to Win, Louise will have to interview against:
(a) Younger women.
(b) More experienced women.
(c) Younger men.
(d) Older men.
15. Who is Mrs. Kidd?
(a) Marlene's other sister.
(b) Howard's wife.
(c) Angie's mother.
(d) An interviewee for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Shona, she has been:
2. What does Angie do with the perfume?
3. According to Marlene, what sort of people does she respect?
4. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
5. Marlene suggests that if Howard is unhappy, he should:
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)