|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What field did Nell once work in?
2. When Angie first enters the office:
(a) Marlene thinks Angie is Joyce.
(b) Marlene gives Angie a big hug.
(c) Marlene scolds Angie for being late.
(d) Marlene doesn't recognize her.
3. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
(a) The fact that Marlene should have known Angie was lying.
(b) Why Marlene does not have a husband.
(c) Whether Angie should keep the dress on.
(d) Why Joyce does not seem glad to see Marlene.
4. What is Angie's attitude towards Marlene?
(a) She is afraid of Marlene.
(b) She dispproves of Marlene.
(c) She adores Marlene.
(d) She resents Marlene.
5. According to Joyce, Marlene would have been smart to:
(a) Keep her baby.
(b) Move to London with her baby.
(c) Have an abortion.
(d) Let someone else adopt her baby.
6. In Act 2, Scene 3, Marlene is busy and what else?
(a) But is very excited to see Angie.
(b) And can't spend much time with Angie.
(c) But decides to take the day off.
(d) But is going to clear her schedule for Angie.
7. Whom does Winn compliment in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
(c) Her former boss.
8. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
(a) Her own tea bags.
(b) Her own cup of coffee.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A bottle of wine.
9. What sort of gift-giver is Marlene?
(a) She gives gifts and then usually wants them back.
(b) She gives gifts that are too expensive.
(c) She gives rather cheap gifts.
(d) She does not remember birthdays or Christmas.
10. Who is Mrs. Kidd?
(a) Angie's mother.
(b) An interviewee for a job.
(c) Howard's wife.
(d) Marlene's other sister.
11. What does Angie need to be reminded to do?
(a) Ask Marlene how she is.
(b) Greet Marlene when she walks in.
(c) Say "goodbye" when Marlene leaves.
(d) Thank Marlene for the gift.
12. Where does Act 3, Part 1 take place?
(a) Marlene's office.
(b) Joyce's house.
(c) Marlene's home.
(d) At the restaurant.
13. When Angie is awakened by a nightmare, the one word she says to Marlene is:
14. Who else was up for the promotion that Marlene got?
15. According to Louise, her work has been:
(a) Sometimes sloppy.
(b) Poor quality.
(c) Irrelevant to discuss during an interview.
(d) High quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louise's talking habits can be described as:
2. How does Louise feel that she is viewed as at work?
3. Why is Marlene is angry at Joyce?
4. What do all men want Marlene to do?
5. What shocking thing did Joyce's husband do?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)