|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Angie meet in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 3?
2. When planning the visit, Marlene:
(a) Got the date wrong.
(b) Did not call ahead.
(c) Arranged for a hotel.
(d) Wanted it to be a surprise.
3. Where does Act 3, Part 1 take place?
(a) Joyce's house.
(b) Marlene's home.
(c) At the restaurant.
(d) Marlene's office.
4. What are Win and Nell's position in the company?
(a) They wish to be hired.
(b) They are Marlene's bosses.
(c) They are assistants.
(d) They have the same position as Marlene.
5. What does Joyce do when Marlene offers her money?
(a) Joyce refuses to take any.
(b) Joyce begins to cry.
(c) Joyce scoffs at how little it is.
(d) Joyce gladly takes it.
6. According to Shona, she has been:
(a) Not very successful in sales.
(b) Very bored with sales.
(c) Very successful in sales.
(d) Grossly underpaid in sales.
7. Whom does Winn compliment in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
(a) Her former boss.
8. According to Winn and Nell, who has "far more balls" than Howard?
(b) No one.
9. In terms of her current job, Louise feels that she:
(a) Could advance further.
(b) Could advance if she weren't so good looking.
(c) Could advance if she were younger.
(d) Has reached the limit of advancement.
10. How did Winn get her present job?
(a) She applied through the company's web site.
(b) She was headhunted.
(c) She answered an ad in the paper.
(d) Marlene knew her from college.
11. When Joyce and Marlene say their good-nights,
(a) They disagree with each other, but are best of friends.
(b) They have reconciled their differences.
(c) Joyce is rebuffed by Marlene.
(d) They are not on good terms.
12. What sort of gift-giver is Marlene?
(a) She does not remember birthdays or Christmas.
(b) She gives rather cheap gifts.
(c) She gives gifts that are too expensive.
(d) She gives gifts and then usually wants them back.
13. According to Marlene, what sort of people does she respect?
(a) People who become a success without regard for lovers or children.
(b) People with the courage and strength to succeed.
(c) People who make a lot of money despite their lack of education.
(d) People who never have to visit their poor relatives.
14. When Winn came to work for Top Girls:
(a) She was offered more money.
(b) She quit her other job with no notice.
(c) She had to take a pay cut.
(d) She received more vacation time.
15. Who else comes for a visit to Joyce's house?
(d) Mrs. Kidd.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Joyce, Marlene would have been smart to:
2. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
3. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
4. Why does Winn like working at Top Girls?
5. Which political figure does Marlene admire?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)