|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When planning the visit, Marlene:
(a) Wanted it to be a surprise.
(b) Arranged for a hotel.
(c) Got the date wrong.
(d) Did not call ahead.
2. How old is Louise?
3. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
(a) Whether Angie should keep the dress on.
(b) The fact that Marlene should have known Angie was lying.
(c) Why Joyce does not seem glad to see Marlene.
(d) Why Marlene does not have a husband.
4. Why does Winn like working at Top Girls?
(a) She makes a great deal of money.
(b) She works mostly with women.
(c) People want to meet her.
(d) She gets to be people's boss.
5. When did Joyce get pregnant?
(a) Never; she was unable to conceive.
(b) When she was sixteen.
(c) When she was nearly 40 years old.
(d) When Angie was six months old.
6. Shona says she would like to move up into what kind of position?
(c) Human resources.
7. Whom does Nell interview in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 3?
8. What does Joyce do when Marlene offers her money?
(a) Joyce begins to cry.
(b) Joyce scoffs at how little it is.
(c) Joyce refuses to take any.
(d) Joyce gladly takes it.
9. Where does Angie want Marlene to take her?
(a) To an amusement park.
(b) To America.
(c) To the beach next summer.
(d) To her house in London.
10. Who else was up for the promotion that Marlene got?
11. According to Joyce, Marlene would have been smart to:
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Keep her baby.
(c) Let someone else adopt her baby.
(d) Move to London with her baby.
12. What field did Nell once work in?
13. According to Joyce, Angie is:
(a) Planning to be a nursery school teacher.
(b) Good with little children.
(c) Not too good with little children.
(d) Planning to be a pediatrician.
14. Which political figure does Marlene admire?
(a) Prince Charles.
(b) The Queen of England.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
15. In Nell's former job, she was:
(a) Unsuccessful, but a nice person.
(b) Neither successful nor a nice person.
(c) Both successful and a nice person.
(d) Successful, but not a nice person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Marlene bring Angie?
2. What has happened to Howard?
3. Confident, feminine businesswomen make Louise feel:
4. What happened with Joyce's husband?
5. What does Marlene complain about to the other women as she enters work?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)