|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Kidd, why should Howard have Marlene's job?
(a) He has been with the company longer.
(b) He has more education.
(c) He has three children to support.
(d) He originally hired Marlene.
2. What do we learn about Angie's desires in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
(a) She wants to go to college.
(b) She wants to be like Joyce.
(c) She wants to work at the agency.
(d) She wants to go out for dinner.
3. Who is Angie's real mother?
(b) Kit's mother.
(c) Marlene and Joyce's mother.
4. Which political figure does Marlene admire?
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Prince Charles.
(d) The Queen of England.
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, Marlene is busy and what else?
(a) But decides to take the day off.
(b) And can't spend much time with Angie.
(c) But is going to clear her schedule for Angie.
(d) But is very excited to see Angie.
6. According to Joyce, this "society" is:
(b) A good idea.
7. What sort of "society" does Angie have with Kit?
8. According to Winn and Nell, who has "far more balls" than Howard?
(a) No one.
9. Who enters work at Top Girls hung over?
10. According to Joyce, Angie is:
(a) Planning to be a pediatrician.
(b) Not too good with little children.
(c) Good with little children.
(d) Planning to be a nursery school teacher.
11. According to Win, Louise will have to interview against:
(a) Younger women.
(b) Younger men.
(c) Older men.
(d) More experienced women.
12. Where does Act 3, Part 1 take place?
(a) Joyce's house.
(b) At the restaurant.
(c) Marlene's office.
(d) Marlene's home.
13. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
(a) No more than half an hour.
(b) A few hours.
(c) An afternoon.
(d) A few minutes.
14. Why does Winn like working at Top Girls?
(a) She makes a great deal of money.
(b) She gets to be people's boss.
(c) She works mostly with women.
(d) People want to meet her.
15. According to Louise, her work has been:
(a) Sometimes sloppy.
(b) High quality.
(c) Irrelevant to discuss during an interview.
(d) Poor quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marlene, what sort of people does she respect?
2. What has happened to Howard?
3. When does Act 3, Scene One take place?
4. Joyce and Marlene argue over everything in Act 3, Part 2 except:
5. What does Marlene offer to do for Angie?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)