|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joyce, this "society" is:
(c) A good idea.
2. What does Marlene offer to do for Angie?
(a) Tell Angie the truth tomorrow.
(b) Let Joyce and Angie move in with her.
(c) Pay for Angie's college tuition.
(d) Take Angie back to London with her.
3. What does Joyce do when Marlene offers her money?
(a) Joyce refuses to take any.
(b) Joyce gladly takes it.
(c) Joyce scoffs at how little it is.
(d) Joyce begins to cry.
4. Where does Act 3, Part 1 take place?
(a) Joyce's house.
(b) Marlene's home.
(c) Marlene's office.
(d) At the restaurant.
5. When Joyce and Marlene say their good-nights,
(a) Joyce is rebuffed by Marlene.
(b) They disagree with each other, but are best of friends.
(c) They have reconciled their differences.
(d) They are not on good terms.
6. What kind of company does Winn feel will welcome Louise?
(a) An employment agency.
(b) A cosmetics comany.
(c) A car company.
(d) A restaurant.
7. According to Nell, computers is a very:
(a) Male-oriented field.
(b) Low-paying field.
(c) Glamorous field.
(d) Boring field.
8. When did Joyce get pregnant?
(a) When she was sixteen.
(b) When Angie was six months old.
(c) When she was nearly 40 years old.
(d) Never; she was unable to conceive.
9. According to Joyce, Angie is:
(a) Planning to be a pediatrician.
(b) Planning to be a nursery school teacher.
(c) Not too good with little children.
(d) Good with little children.
10. How did Winn get her present job?
(a) She answered an ad in the paper.
(b) She applied through the company's web site.
(c) Marlene knew her from college.
(d) She was headhunted.
11. When Winn came to work for Top Girls:
(a) She was offered more money.
(b) She had to take a pay cut.
(c) She quit her other job with no notice.
(d) She received more vacation time.
12. What would Shona like to sell?
(a) Photo copiers.
(c) Telecom services.
(d) Office furniture.
13. According to Win, Louise will have to interview against:
(a) Older men.
(b) More experienced women.
(c) Younger women.
(d) Younger men.
14. Where does Angie want Marlene to take her?
(a) To an amusement park.
(b) To her house in London.
(c) To the beach next summer.
(d) To America.
15. Confident, feminine businesswomen make Louise feel:
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marlene, what sort of people does she respect?
2. What sort of "society" does Angie have with Kit?
3. Who else was up for the promotion that Marlene got?
4. How will Marlene's new office compare to her present office?
5. Joyce and Marlene also bicker about everything except what?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)