|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Angie want Marlene to take her?
(a) To America.
(b) To an amusement park.
(c) To the beach next summer.
(d) To her house in London.
2. What is the only thing Marlene and Joyce don't argue about?
(a) Why Joyce does not seem glad to see Marlene.
(b) Why Marlene does not have a husband.
(c) The fact that Marlene should have known Angie was lying.
(d) Whether Angie should keep the dress on.
3. What happened with Joyce's husband?
(a) They had a peaceful divorce and are still good friends.
(b) He died from drinking too much.
(c) He had an affair, so Joyce kicked him out.
(d) He never came home one night.
4. Why is Marlene is angry at Joyce?
(a) Joyce did not warn her Angie was coming.
(b) Joyce did not come with Angie.
(c) Joyce has not called her in three years.
(d) Joyce had a baby and she did not.
5. When Angie first enters the office:
(a) Marlene scolds Angie for being late.
(b) Marlene thinks Angie is Joyce.
(c) Marlene doesn't recognize her.
(d) Marlene gives Angie a big hug.
6. Who is Angie's real mother?
(b) Kit's mother.
(d) Marlene and Joyce's mother.
7. What does Angie do with the perfume?
(a) She steals it from Joyce.
(b) She insists they all wear some.
(c) She gives it to Kit.
(d) She spills it.
8. What has happened to Howard?
(a) He has quit his job.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He has committed suicide.
(d) He has left his wife.
9. What does Marlene offer to do for Angie?
(a) Take Angie back to London with her.
(b) Tell Angie the truth tomorrow.
(c) Pay for Angie's college tuition.
(d) Let Joyce and Angie move in with her.
10. In terms of her current job, Louise feels that she:
(a) Has reached the limit of advancement.
(b) Could advance if she were younger.
(c) Could advance if she weren't so good looking.
(d) Could advance further.
11. Confident, feminine businesswomen make Louise feel:
12. According to Joyce, Angie is:
(a) Planning to be a pediatrician.
(b) Planning to be a nursery school teacher.
(c) Good with little children.
(d) Not too good with little children.
13. How long is Angie planning to stay with Marlene?
(a) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
14. What does Marlene asks Angie about?
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her neighbors.
15. Marlene's visit a year ago was:
(a) The worst day of Angie's life.
(b) The most confusing day of Angie's life.
(c) The most boring day of Angie's life.
(d) The best day of Angie's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlene drink at work?
2. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
3. Why does Winn like working at Top Girls?
4. Why might it be hard for Howard to find a job?
5. How old is Louise?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)