|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angie first enters the office:
(a) Marlene thinks Angie is Joyce.
(b) Marlene doesn't recognize her.
(c) Marlene scolds Angie for being late.
(d) Marlene gives Angie a big hug.
2. When does Act 3, Scene One take place?
(b) A year later.
(c) A week later.
(d) A year earlier.
3. Marlene suggests that if Howard is unhappy, he should:
(a) Talk to Marlene himself.
(b) See a psychiatrist.
(c) Go work somewhere else.
(d) Work harder and get promoted.
4. Where does Act 3, Part 1 take place?
(a) Marlene's home.
(b) At the restaurant.
(c) Marlene's office.
(d) Joyce's house.
5. What are Win and Nell's position in the company?
(a) They have the same position as Marlene.
(b) They wish to be hired.
(c) They are assistants.
(d) They are Marlene's bosses.
6. What does Marlene offer to do for Angie?
(a) Pay for Angie's college tuition.
(b) Let Joyce and Angie move in with her.
(c) Tell Angie the truth tomorrow.
(d) Take Angie back to London with her.
7. Whom does Nell interview in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 3?
8. How does Louise feel that she is viewed as at work?
(a) As an androgenous person.
(b) As a feminine woman.
(c) As a weak woman.
(d) As a man.
9. Who else was up for the promotion that Marlene got?
10. According to Marlene, what sort of people does she respect?
(a) People who become a success without regard for lovers or children.
(b) People who never have to visit their poor relatives.
(c) People who make a lot of money despite their lack of education.
(d) People with the courage and strength to succeed.
11. What does Angie need to be reminded to do?
(a) Greet Marlene when she walks in.
(b) Ask Marlene how she is.
(c) Say "goodbye" when Marlene leaves.
(d) Thank Marlene for the gift.
12. In terms of her current job, Louise feels that she:
(a) Could advance further.
(b) Has reached the limit of advancement.
(c) Could advance if she weren't so good looking.
(d) Could advance if she were younger.
13. What happened with Joyce's husband?
(a) He died from drinking too much.
(b) He had an affair, so Joyce kicked him out.
(c) He never came home one night.
(d) They had a peaceful divorce and are still good friends.
14. What kind of company does Winn feel will welcome Louise?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A car company.
(c) A cosmetics comany.
(d) An employment agency.
15. Why does Angie want to stay and watch Marlene?
(a) She wants Marlene's job.
(b) She does not trust Marlene.
(c) It is where she most wants to be in the world.
(d) She wants to spy on Marlene for Joyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shona says she would like to move up into what kind of position?
2. How did Winn get her present job?
3. How long is Angie planning to stay with Marlene?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, Marlene is busy and what else?
5. What happens to Angie in Act 3, Scene 3, Part 3?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)