|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened with Joyce's husband?
(a) He died from drinking too much.
(b) He never came home one night.
(c) He had an affair, so Joyce kicked him out.
(d) They had a peaceful divorce and are still good friends.
2. Whom does Angie meet in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 3?
3. Who is Angie's real mother?
(b) Kit's mother.
(c) Marlene and Joyce's mother.
4. What field did Nell once work in?
5. What gift does Marlene bring Angie?
(a) A sewing kit.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A bottle of perfume.
(d) A dress.
6. According to Louise, her work has been:
(a) High quality.
(b) Irrelevant to discuss during an interview.
(c) Sometimes sloppy.
(d) Poor quality.
7. According to Marlene and Joyce, why did their mother have a miserable life?
(a) She was never able to use the education she had.
(b) Her children were such a disappointment to her.
(c) She lost all her money gambling on horses.
(d) Her husband was a drunk.
8. How does Louise feel that she is viewed as at work?
(a) As an androgenous person.
(b) As a feminine woman.
(c) As a man.
(d) As a weak woman.
9. According to Mrs. Kidd, what is demeaning for Howard?
(a) To work for a white person
(b) To work in an office job
(c) To work at an employment agency
(d) To work for a woman
10. What did Marlene do before coming to Joyce's house?
(a) Visited their mother.
(b) Went to the park.
(c) Went to the mall.
(d) Had lunch with an old friend.
11. How will Marlene's new office compare to her present office?
(a) It will be much smaller.
(b) It will be much bigger.
(c) It will be in a different building.
(d) Is will be exactly the same.
12. What is Angie's attitude towards Marlene?
(a) She is afraid of Marlene.
(b) She adores Marlene.
(c) She dispproves of Marlene.
(d) She resents Marlene.
13. When did Joyce get pregnant?
(a) When Angie was six months old.
(b) When she was nearly 40 years old.
(c) When she was sixteen.
(d) Never; she was unable to conceive.
14. What is Marlene, according to Mrs. Kidd?
(a) Not attractive.
(b) Not intelligent.
(c) Not natural.
(d) Not sophisticated.
15. What sort of gift-giver is Marlene?
(a) She gives gifts that are too expensive.
(b) She gives gifts and then usually wants them back.
(c) She does not remember birthdays or Christmas.
(d) She gives rather cheap gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlene bring to drink to Joyce's house?
2. According to Joyce, Angie is:
3. In Nell's former job, she was:
4. What kind of company does Winn feel will welcome Louise?
5. According to Winn and Nell, who has "far more balls" than Howard?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)