|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Angie want Marlene to take her?
(a) To an amusement park.
(b) To her house in London.
(c) To the beach next summer.
(d) To America.
2. What does Joyce do when Marlene offers her money?
(a) Joyce scoffs at how little it is.
(b) Joyce gladly takes it.
(c) Joyce begins to cry.
(d) Joyce refuses to take any.
3. What would Shona like to sell?
(b) Office furniture.
(c) Telecom services.
(d) Photo copiers.
4. What does Angie do with her dress?
(a) She wants Joyce to try it on.
(b) She complains that it does not fit properly.
(c) She keeps it on during the visit.
(d) She asks Marlene to take it back.
5. Louise's talking habits can be described as:
(a) She speaks a bit too much.
(b) She is too nervous to say what she would like.
(c) She shares a conversation equally.
(d) She speaks very little.
6. What happened to Angie's dad?
(a) He moved out three years ago.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He recently lost his job.
(d) He went into military service.
7. How did Winn get her present job?
(a) She was headhunted.
(b) Marlene knew her from college.
(c) She answered an ad in the paper.
(d) She applied through the company's web site.
8. How does Louise feel that she is viewed as at work?
(a) As a man.
(b) As an androgenous person.
(c) As a weak woman.
(d) As a feminine woman.
9. Marlene suggests that if Howard is unhappy, he should:
(a) Work harder and get promoted.
(b) Go work somewhere else.
(c) See a psychiatrist.
(d) Talk to Marlene himself.
10. What sort of "society" does Angie have with Kit?
11. When Joyce and Marlene say their good-nights,
(a) Joyce is rebuffed by Marlene.
(b) They disagree with each other, but are best of friends.
(c) They have reconciled their differences.
(d) They are not on good terms.
12. When Angie first enters the office:
(a) Marlene gives Angie a big hug.
(b) Marlene thinks Angie is Joyce.
(c) Marlene scolds Angie for being late.
(d) Marlene doesn't recognize her.
13. What did Marlene do before coming to Joyce's house?
(a) Went to the mall.
(b) Visited their mother.
(c) Went to the park.
(d) Had lunch with an old friend.
14. When planning the visit, Marlene:
(a) Did not call ahead.
(b) Wanted it to be a surprise.
(c) Got the date wrong.
(d) Arranged for a hotel.
15. In Nell's former job, she was:
(a) Both successful and a nice person.
(b) Successful, but not a nice person.
(c) Unsuccessful, but a nice person.
(d) Neither successful nor a nice person.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Angie:
2. What does Angie do with the perfume?
3. According to Marlene, what sort of people does she respect?
4. Why does Winn like working at Top Girls?
5. According to Mrs. Kidd, what is demeaning for Howard?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)