|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Angie planning to stay with Marlene?
(a) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
2. Who conducts the interview in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
3. What sort of gift-giver is Marlene?
(a) She gives gifts and then usually wants them back.
(b) She does not remember birthdays or Christmas.
(c) She gives gifts that are too expensive.
(d) She gives rather cheap gifts.
4. Why did Winn get into sales?
(a) To make a lot of money.
(b) To gain management experience.
(c) To help others.
(d) To meet people.
5. What happened to Angie's dad?
(a) He recently lost his job.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He went into military service.
(d) He moved out three years ago.
6. What is Marlene, according to Mrs. Kidd?
(a) Not attractive.
(b) Not natural.
(c) Not sophisticated.
(d) Not intelligent.
7. Louise wants to:
(a) Change from her present job.
(b) Stay with her current job.
(c) Work for Marlene.
(d) Work for Win.
8. What does Marlene asks Angie about?
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her neighbors.
9. How did Winn get her present job?
(a) She was headhunted.
(b) She answered an ad in the paper.
(c) Marlene knew her from college.
(d) She applied through the company's web site.
10. What did Marlene do before coming to Joyce's house?
(a) Had lunch with an old friend.
(b) Visited their mother.
(c) Went to the park.
(d) Went to the mall.
11. According to Louise, her work has been:
(a) Poor quality.
(b) Sometimes sloppy.
(c) High quality.
(d) Irrelevant to discuss during an interview.
12. How does Louise feel that she is viewed as at work?
(a) As a weak woman.
(b) As a feminine woman.
(c) As a man.
(d) As an androgenous person.
13. What shocking thing did Joyce's husband do?
(a) He married someone else while married to Joyce.
(b) He secretly helped Marlene get her start in London.
(c) He tried to kiss Marlene.
(d) He pretended to have an affair so that Joyce would leave him.
14. What gift does Marlene bring Joyce?
(a) A sewing kit.
(b) A bottle of perfume.
(c) A dress.
(d) A sweater.
15. How much time does Mrs. Kidd say she needs with Marlene?
(a) No more than half an hour.
(b) An afternoon.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) A few hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joyce do when Marlene offers her money?
2. What would Shona like to sell?
3. According to Joyce, this "society" is:
4. When Winn came to work for Top Girls:
5. What does Marlene drink at work?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)