|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
(a) Women are not usually hired for traveling jobs.
(b) Jeanine gets very lonesome when she travels.
(c) There are not many traveling jobs available.
(d) Marlene does not think Jeanine can handle a job like that.
2. According to Marlene, the story of Griselda's marriage begins like a:
(a) Confusing dream.
(b) Scary nightmare.
(c) Fairy tale.
(d) Magical mystery.
3. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because she just bought it.
(b) To meet her boyfriend.
(c) To go to the movies.
(d) To kill her mother.
4. When did Joan take a lover?
(a) Before she became Pope.
(b) After she had a baby.
(c) Joan never took a lover.
(d) When she became Pope.
5. What part of Joan's education was missing?
(a) Information about how a woman's body functions.
(b) Information about raising children.
(c) Information about how to be a pope.
(d) Information about conducting official ceremonies.
6. By the end of Act 1, Part 3, which woman's story seems the least probable or realistic?
7. What was Walter's secret?
(a) He had a second family with another woman.
(b) He kept another lover.
(c) He was not as rich as people thought he was.
(d) He raised their children in secret.
8. How many job interviews does Marlene come up with for Jeanine?
9. What is Angie's secret?
(a) She does not like her mother.
(b) She found out who her father is.
(c) She has a secret boyfriend.
(d) She plans to run away.
10. What was Walter's final test of his wife's love?
(a) He had her organize his wedding.
(b) He took their first child from her.
(c) He cheated on her.
(d) He asked her to murder someone.
11. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
(a) Dull Gret.
12. Which character's children were taken away and never returned?
13. Where was the journey that Gret describes?
(a) Into the Black Forest
(b) Across Europe.
(c) Through Japan..
(d) Into hell.
14. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
(a) She enjoyed a challenge.
(b) She was afraid he would beat her.
(c) She was raised to obey her husband.
(d) She knew the outcome beforehand.
15. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(c) The main course.
Short Answer Questions
1. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
2. According to Joan, what the pope says is:
3. What occupation did Griselda's husband have?
4. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
5. Which character seems to travel the most?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)