|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Angie take up in the front yard?
(b) A gun.
(c) A brick.
(d) A knife.
2. As the baby grew inside of Joan, she:
(a) Thought the baby would grow up to be pope.
(b) Thought about the beauty of the life inside her.
(c) Just thought she was getting fat.
(d) Thought she had experienced immaculate conception.
3. Who seems the least upset as Griselda tells her story?
4. Who was Joan's lover?
(a) One of her fellow cardinals.
(b) One of her distant cousins.
(c) One of her brother's friends.
(d) One of the officials in her household.
5. What was Nijo's first child?
(a) A girl.
(b) She never knew.
(c) A boy.
(d) Twins: a girl and a boy.
6. What does Kit want to be when she grows up?
(a) A career woman.
(b) A mother.
(c) A movie star.
(d) A nuclear physicist.
7. Who is the main storyteller of Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Pope Joan.
8. What is Angie's secret?
(a) She plans to run away.
(b) She found out who her father is.
(c) She does not like her mother.
(d) She has a secret boyfriend.
9. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) It is out of style.
(b) It is too large.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is the wrong color.
10. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
(a) Their religious transformations.
(b) They both travel.
(c) Details about their lovers.
(d) Their birthing experiences.
11. In what language does Joan pray?
12. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
(a) Spending time with her lover.
(b) Presiding over an important ceremony.
(c) Praying by herself.
(d) Resting at home after feeling ill.
13. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
(c) Very often.
(d) Only when someone deserves help.
14. Why are the women toasting Marlene?
(a) She has been named managing director at work.
(b) She has just completed her university degree.
(c) She has just bought a house.
(d) She has just become engaged to be married.
15. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The main course.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joyce want the girls to go while they are in the yard?
2. According to Joan, being pope:
3. What was Walter's final test of his wife's love?
4. Jeanine can best be described as:
5. Which character does not have a dead lover?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)