|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does not have a dead lover?
(c) Pope Joan.
2. Who is the youngest character in the play?
3. Why do people think Angie is strange?
(a) She frightened all the friends she had.
(b) She does not have any friends.
(c) She hangs out with someone much older.
(d) She hangs out with someone much younger.
4. What was Walter's final test of his wife's love?
(a) He had her organize his wedding.
(b) He cheated on her.
(c) He asked her to murder someone.
(d) He took their first child from her.
5. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is out of style.
(c) It is too large.
(d) It is the wrong color.
6. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
(b) The waitress.
7. Who is the main storyteller of Act 1, Part 2?
(c) Pope Joan.
8. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
(a) Their birthing experiences.
(b) They both travel.
(c) Their religious transformations.
(d) Details about their lovers.
9. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
(a) Blunt and realistic.
(b) Strange and creepy.
(c) Hostile and nasty.
(d) Kind and sweet.
10. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
(a) Better prospects.
(b) Travel once a month.
(c) Few benefits.
(d) A busy schedule.
11. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Dull Gret.
12. When Joan went into labor, what did she think was happening?
(b) Fainting spells.
(d) Divine intervention.
13. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
(a) She was raised to obey her husband.
(b) She enjoyed a challenge.
(c) She was afraid he would beat her.
(d) She knew the outcome beforehand.
14. The job Jeanine will interview for with good pay also offers:
(a) A lot of free time.
(b) Great benefits.
(c) Limited prospects.
(d) A lot of travel.
15. Which character seems to travel the most?
(b) Pope Joan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Nijo?
2. Which part of the meal do the women order during Act 1, Part 3?
3. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
4. Where does Marlene work?
5. Kit and Angie argue over whose mother is:
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)