|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youngest character in the play?
2. Where does Marlene work?
(a) At a college.
(b) A tecnology company.
(c) An insurance agency.
(d) An employment agency.
3. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) The baby is raised by nuns.
(b) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
(c) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(d) She and the baby are stoned to death.
4. Each of the following is a conflict for Jeanine's career except:
(a) How much time she wants to spend with her fiance
(b) How far into the future she wants to plan.
(c) How much time she wants to spend at work.
(d) How far she wants to commute to work.
5. What activity did Isabella put her life's energy into?
(a) Caring for her exotic garden.
(b) Caring for horses.
(c) Caring for her elderly parents.
(d) Caring for her children.
6. According to Joan, being pope:
(a) Is not as powerful a position as some think.
(b) Is a powerful position to hold.
(c) Is the greatest experience a woman can have.
(d) Is a great way to experience Italy.
7. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(b) The main course.
8. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
(a) Details about their lovers.
(b) They both travel.
(c) Their religious transformations.
(d) Their birthing experiences.
9. As the baby grew inside of Joan, she:
(a) Thought about the beauty of the life inside her.
(b) Just thought she was getting fat.
(c) Thought she had experienced immaculate conception.
(d) Thought the baby would grow up to be pope.
10. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
(a) A busy schedule.
(b) Travel once a month.
(c) Better prospects.
(d) Few benefits.
11. What is the weather like at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
12. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
(a) With an argument between Jeanine and Marlene.
(b) With a reconciliation between Jeanine and Marlene.
(c) With a pep talk from Marlene.
(d) With a pep talk from Jeanine.
13. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
(a) Strange and creepy.
(b) Blunt and realistic.
(c) Hostile and nasty.
(d) Kind and sweet.
14. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) It is out of style.
(b) It is too large.
(c) It is the wrong color.
(d) It is too small.
15. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To go to the movies.
(b) To kill her mother.
(c) To meet her boyfriend.
(d) Because she just bought it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the meal do the women order during Act 1, Part 3?
2. How many job interviews does Marlene come up with for Jeanine?
3. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
5. What weapon does Angie take up in the front yard?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)