Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main storyteller of Act 1, Part 2?
(c) Pope Joan.
2. Why do people think Angie is strange?
(a) She hangs out with someone much younger.
(b) She hangs out with someone much older.
(c) She frightened all the friends she had.
(d) She does not have any friends.
3. Why does Marlene want Jeanine to get a job?
(a) Because Marlene's friend wants to hire Jeanine.
(b) Because Marlene's reputation is on the line if she does not.
(c) Because Marlene needs one more placement this week.
(d) Because Marlene is tired of supporting her.
4. How many job interviews does Marlene come up with for Jeanine?
5. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
(b) The baby is raised by nuns.
(c) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(d) She and the baby are stoned to death.
6. How do the dinner guests react to Joan's story?
(a) They do not believe Joan.
(b) They fall silent.
(c) They hug Joan.
(d) They are outraged.
7. What is the weather like at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The main course.
9. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She studies hard for the interview.
(b) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
(c) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
(d) She believes she is the best person for it.
10. What part of Joan's education was missing?
(a) Information about conducting official ceremonies.
(b) Information about how a woman's body functions.
(c) Information about how to be a pope.
(d) Information about raising children.
11. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
(c) Dull Gret.
12. Which new guest arrives during Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Mrs. Kidd.
13. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
14. How does Nijo relate to Gret?
(a) She, too, had a relationship with an emperor.
(b) She, too, beat up her oppressor.
(c) She took the same journey.
(d) She, too, was sitting quietly at the table all night.
15. How did Nijo feel when the Emperor died?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
2. What does Kit want to be when she grows up?
3. What was Walter's final test of his wife's love?
4. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
5. Kit and Angie argue over whose mother is:
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)