|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youngest character in the play?
2. What does Kit do while waiting for Angie to finish cleaning her room?
(a) Makes small talk with Joyce.
(b) Tries to leave without Angie.
(c) Brushes her hair.
(d) Walks up and down the block.
3. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
(a) Resting at home after feeling ill.
(b) Praying by herself.
(c) Presiding over an important ceremony.
(d) Spending time with her lover.
4. Which character used to love getting dressed?
(c) Pope Joan.
(d) Dull Gret.
5. What did Joan hope to understand as Pope?
(a) Intricacies of the Bible.
(b) The history of her religion's rituals.
(c) A deeper, spiritual truth.
(d) Why men are in powerful positions.
6. What is the perk of the job Marlene mentions to Jeanine that has less pay?
(a) It provides excellent health benefits.
(b) It provides employees with lunch every day.
(c) It is located very close to Jeanine's home.
(d) It has good prospects.
7. What is Angie's secret?
(a) She plans to run away.
(b) She has a secret boyfriend.
(c) She does not like her mother.
(d) She found out who her father is.
8. What kind of ghost did Angie think she heard?
(a) Ghost of a dead dog.
(b) Ghost of a dead kitten.
(c) Ghost of her father.
(d) Ghost of her mother.
9. Because of her skills, Jeanine:
(a) Can have any job she wants.
(b) Intimidates people.
(c) Has had seveal job offers this week.
(d) Cannot be picky.
10. According to Joan, what the pope says is:
(a) Often a lie.
(b) Rarely spiritual.
(c) Sometimes confusing.
(d) The truth.
11. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She believes she is the best person for it.
(b) She studies hard for the interview.
(c) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
(d) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
12. What part of Joan's education was missing?
(a) Information about how to be a pope.
(b) Information about raising children.
(c) Information about conducting official ceremonies.
(d) Information about how a woman's body functions.
13. Which topic of conversation is not mentioned in the beginning of the play?
(a) The women's schooling.
(b) The women's ability to swim.
(c) The women's fathers.
(d) Damnation, good works, and going to church.
14. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) She and the baby are stoned to death.
(b) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(c) The baby is raised by nuns.
(d) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
15. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
(a) Blunt and realistic.
(b) Kind and sweet.
(c) Strange and creepy.
(d) Hostile and nasty.
Short Answer Questions
1. The job Jeanine will interview for with good pay also offers:
2. When did Joan take a lover?
3. What does Kit want to be when she grows up?
4. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
5. What was Walter's final test of his wife's love?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)