|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To kill her mother.
(b) Because she just bought it.
(c) To go to the movies.
(d) To meet her boyfriend.
2. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(b) She and the baby are stoned to death.
(c) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
(d) The baby is raised by nuns.
3. Why does Marlene want Jeanine to get a job?
(a) Because Marlene needs one more placement this week.
(b) Because Marlene's friend wants to hire Jeanine.
(c) Because Marlene is tired of supporting her.
(d) Because Marlene's reputation is on the line if she does not.
4. Why did Nijo take the course in life she did?
(a) To repent for a life of sin.
(b) To see the world's beauties.
(c) To deepen her studies.
(d) To escape a repressive government.
5. What does Angie lick?
(a) Kit's menstral blood.
(b) Dirt from the sidewalk.
(c) The ice cream she is eating.
(d) The cut on her leg.
6. What does Kit want to be when she grows up?
(a) A mother.
(b) A movie star.
(c) A career woman.
(d) A nuclear physicist.
7. According to Marlene, the story of Griselda's marriage begins like a:
(a) Magical mystery.
(b) Fairy tale.
(c) Scary nightmare.
(d) Confusing dream.
8. Why are the women toasting Marlene?
(a) She has just become engaged to be married.
(b) She has just completed her university degree.
(c) She has been named managing director at work.
(d) She has just bought a house.
9. Which character does not have a dead lover?
(c) Pope Joan.
10. What sort of work has Jeanine done in the past?
11. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
(a) Details about their lovers.
(b) Their religious transformations.
(c) They both travel.
(d) Their birthing experiences.
12. Which character insists she could never live the life of a "lady"?
13. Where does Joyce want the girls to go while they are in the yard?
(a) Over to Kit's house.
(b) Into the house.
(c) To the movies.
(d) Out of the house.
14. What might get in the way of a high-paying, demanding job for Jeanine?
(a) Her mother is very ill at the moment.
(b) Jeanine lacks the skills for a high-paying job.
(c) She has a fiance who also demands her time.
(d) She has two small children to take care of.
15. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
(a) Better prospects.
(b) Few benefits.
(c) A busy schedule.
(d) Travel once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Joan, what the pope says is:
2. Where does Angie's aunt live?
3. What does Angie have to do before she can go to the movies?
4. What is the main topic of conversation in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Jeanine can best be described as:
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)