|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
(a) Women are not usually hired for traveling jobs.
(b) Jeanine gets very lonesome when she travels.
(c) Marlene does not think Jeanine can handle a job like that.
(d) There are not many traveling jobs available.
2. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
(a) Spending time with her lover.
(b) Presiding over an important ceremony.
(c) Resting at home after feeling ill.
(d) Praying by herself.
3. Which character thinks that good works are most important?
(d) Pope Joan.
4. Why does Marlene want Jeanine to get a job?
(a) Because Marlene's friend wants to hire Jeanine.
(b) Because Marlene needs one more placement this week.
(c) Because Marlene's reputation is on the line if she does not.
(d) Because Marlene is tired of supporting her.
5. What happened to Nijo's child?
(a) The child traveled with Nijo as a monk in training
(b) The child was immediately taken from her
(c) The child grew up to be a courtesan as well
(d) The child died after a few days with her
6. Why are Marlene and Jeanine meeting in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeanine was just fired from her job.
(b) Jeanine is interviewing to work at Top Girls.
(c) Marlene wants to work for Jeanine.
(d) Jeanine wants a new job.
7. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
(a) She is thankful he took the children away.
(b) She defends his actions.
(c) She can never forgive him.
(d) She hates him.
8. Kit and Angie argue over whose mother is:
(a) More strict.
9. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
(a) The waitress.
10. Which character's children were taken away and never returned?
11. Where does Act 1, Part 1 take place?
(a) In Marlene's home.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In a living room.
(d) In Japan.
12. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
(c) Dull Gret.
13. How do the dinner guests react to Joan's story?
(a) They fall silent.
(b) They hug Joan.
(c) They do not believe Joan.
(d) They are outraged.
14. What is the perk of the job Marlene mentions to Jeanine that has less pay?
(a) It has good prospects.
(b) It provides employees with lunch every day.
(c) It is located very close to Jeanine's home.
(d) It provides excellent health benefits.
15. What is Angie's secret?
(a) She found out who her father is.
(b) She does not like her mother.
(c) She plans to run away.
(d) She has a secret boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Angie have to do before she can go to the movies?
3. What did Joan hope to understand as Pope?
4. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What kind of ghost did Angie think she heard?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)