|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
(b) She believes she is the best person for it.
(c) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
(d) She studies hard for the interview.
2. Who is the main storyteller of Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Pope Joan.
3. Which new guest arrives during Act 1, Part 3?
(c) Mrs. Kidd.
4. Which character's children were taken away and never returned?
5. Where are Kit and Angie planning to go while in the front yard?
(b) To a friend's house.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the movies.
6. What was Walter's secret?
(a) He was not as rich as people thought he was.
(b) He had a second family with another woman.
(c) He kept another lover.
(d) He raised their children in secret.
7. Which character does not have a dead lover?
(a) Pope Joan.
8. What is the main topic of conversation in Act 1, Part 2?
(c) Having babies.
9. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
(a) The waitress.
10. What was Nijo's first child?
(a) A boy.
(b) Twins: a girl and a boy.
(c) She never knew.
(d) A girl.
11. What does Kit do while waiting for Angie to finish cleaning her room?
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Makes small talk with Joyce.
(c) Walks up and down the block.
(d) Tries to leave without Angie.
12. Who was Joan's lover?
(a) One of her distant cousins.
(b) One of her fellow cardinals.
(c) One of the officials in her household.
(d) One of her brother's friends.
13. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
(c) Dull Gret.
14. What was one of the Emperor's rituals?
(a) Drinking a bottle of saki on Saturdays.
(b) Practicing yoga each morning.
(c) Watching for the moon rise.
(d) Beating his women.
15. How did Nijo feel when the Emperor died?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Act 1, Part 3, which woman's story seems the least probable or realistic?
2. Which topic of conversation is not mentioned in the beginning of the play?
3. Where does Joyce want the girls to go while they are in the yard?
4. Who asks most of the questions during Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)