|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joan, being pope:
(a) Is the greatest experience a woman can have.
(b) Is a powerful position to hold.
(c) Is not as powerful a position as some think.
(d) Is a great way to experience Italy.
2. What does Angie have to do before she can go to the movies?
(a) Brush her teeth.
(b) Find a ride there.
(c) Clean her room.
(d) Put a different dress on.
3. How did Nijo feel when the Emperor died?
4. What kind of ghost did Angie think she heard?
(a) Ghost of a dead dog.
(b) Ghost of her mother.
(c) Ghost of a dead kitten.
(d) Ghost of her father.
5. Who is the youngest character in the play?
6. According to Marlene, the story of Griselda's marriage begins like a:
(a) Magical mystery.
(b) Scary nightmare.
(c) Fairy tale.
(d) Confusing dream.
7. What sort of work has Jeanine done in the past?
8. What part of Joan's education was missing?
(a) Information about conducting official ceremonies.
(b) Information about how a woman's body functions.
(c) Information about how to be a pope.
(d) Information about raising children.
9. What was Walter's secret?
(a) He was not as rich as people thought he was.
(b) He raised their children in secret.
(c) He had a second family with another woman.
(d) He kept another lover.
10. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(c) The main course.
11. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
(c) Dull Gret.
12. What occupation did Griselda's husband have?
(b) Wealthy landowner.
13. Where does Angie's aunt live?
14. What did Joan hope to understand as Pope?
(a) Intricacies of the Bible.
(b) The history of her religion's rituals.
(c) A deeper, spiritual truth.
(d) Why men are in powerful positions.
15. What was Nijo's first child?
(a) A girl.
(b) She never knew.
(c) Twins: a girl and a boy.
(d) A boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character seems to travel the most?
2. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
3. Where are Kit and Angie planning to go while in the front yard?
4. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
5. Kit and Angie argue over whose mother is:
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)