|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
(a) Better prospects.
(b) Few benefits.
(c) A busy schedule.
(d) Travel once a month.
2. What did Joan hope to understand as Pope?
(a) The history of her religion's rituals.
(b) A deeper, spiritual truth.
(c) Why men are in powerful positions.
(d) Intricacies of the Bible.
3. Who seems the least upset as Griselda tells her story?
4. What is the perk of the job Marlene mentions to Jeanine that has less pay?
(a) It has good prospects.
(b) It provides employees with lunch every day.
(c) It provides excellent health benefits.
(d) It is located very close to Jeanine's home.
5. What is the main topic of conversation in Act 1, Part 2?
(c) Having babies.
6. When Joan went into labor, what did she think was happening?
(a) Divine intervention.
(d) Fainting spells.
7. In what language does Joan pray?
8. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
(a) They both travel.
(b) Their birthing experiences.
(c) Details about their lovers.
(d) Their religious transformations.
9. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Jeanine's home.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) Top Girls.
(d) Marlene's home.
10. What might get in the way of a high-paying, demanding job for Jeanine?
(a) She has a fiance who also demands her time.
(b) She has two small children to take care of.
(c) Her mother is very ill at the moment.
(d) Jeanine lacks the skills for a high-paying job.
11. What activity did Isabella put her life's energy into?
(a) Caring for her exotic garden.
(b) Caring for horses.
(c) Caring for her elderly parents.
(d) Caring for her children.
12. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
(a) She is thankful he took the children away.
(b) She can never forgive him.
(c) She defends his actions.
(d) She hates him.
13. Each of the following is a conflict for Jeanine's career except:
(a) How much time she wants to spend at work.
(b) How much time she wants to spend with her fiance
(c) How far into the future she wants to plan.
(d) How far she wants to commute to work.
14. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
(b) The waitress.
15. What was one of the Emperor's rituals?
(a) Practicing yoga each morning.
(b) Watching for the moon rise.
(c) Drinking a bottle of saki on Saturdays.
(d) Beating his women.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Joan, what the pope says is:
2. What is Angie's secret?
3. Who is the youngest character in the play?
4. The job Jeanine will interview for with good pay also offers:
5. Where does Joyce want the girls to go while they are in the yard?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)