|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) It is the wrong color.
(b) It is too large.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is out of style.
2. Who was Joan's lover?
(a) One of her brother's friends.
(b) One of the officials in her household.
(c) One of her fellow cardinals.
(d) One of her distant cousins.
3. According to Joan, what is a greater sin than a Pope giving birth?
(a) Aborting a baby.
(b) Never having children at all.
(c) Making a poor example of female popes.
(d) Having a secret lover.
4. According to Joan, what the pope says is:
(a) Sometimes confusing.
(b) The truth.
(c) Rarely spiritual.
(d) Often a lie.
5. What was Nijo's first child?
(a) A girl.
(b) Twins: a girl and a boy.
(c) A boy.
(d) She never knew.
6. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
7. According to Marlene, the story of Griselda's marriage begins like a:
(a) Fairy tale.
(b) Confusing dream.
(c) Magical mystery.
(d) Scary nightmare.
8. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To meet her boyfriend.
(b) To kill her mother.
(c) Because she just bought it.
(d) To go to the movies.
9. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
(b) Dull Gret.
10. What is the main topic of conversation in Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Having babies.
11. Because of her skills, Jeanine:
(a) Intimidates people.
(b) Cannot be picky.
(c) Has had seveal job offers this week.
(d) Can have any job she wants.
12. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
(a) She knew the outcome beforehand.
(b) She was afraid he would beat her.
(c) She was raised to obey her husband.
(d) She enjoyed a challenge.
13. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She believes she is the best person for it.
(b) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
(c) She studies hard for the interview.
(d) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
14. How did Nijo feel when the Emperor died?
15. Which character used to love getting dressed?
(a) Pope Joan.
(c) Dull Gret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character sometimes dressed as a man?
2. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
3. Which character thinks that good works are most important?
4. What part of Joan's education was missing?
5. Which topic of conversation is not mentioned in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)