|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
(a) With a pep talk from Marlene.
(b) With a reconciliation between Jeanine and Marlene.
(c) With an argument between Jeanine and Marlene.
(d) With a pep talk from Jeanine.
2. Who asks most of the questions during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeanine's fiance.
(d) The interviewer from Jeanine's job prospect.
3. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
(a) Hostile and nasty.
(b) Strange and creepy.
(c) Kind and sweet.
(d) Blunt and realistic.
4. Jeanine can best be described as:
(a) A smart, but lazy person.
(b) A spoiled girl who never had to work for her money.
(c) An ambitious woman who lacks self confidence.
(d) A staunch feminist.
5. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
(a) Marlene does not think Jeanine can handle a job like that.
(b) There are not many traveling jobs available.
(c) Women are not usually hired for traveling jobs.
(d) Jeanine gets very lonesome when she travels.
6. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
(a) She can never forgive him.
(b) She defends his actions.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is thankful he took the children away.
7. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
(b) Only when someone deserves help.
(d) Very often.
8. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
(b) The waitress.
9. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
(a) She knew the outcome beforehand.
(b) She was raised to obey her husband.
(c) She was afraid he would beat her.
(d) She enjoyed a challenge.
10. What part of Joan's education was missing?
(a) Information about conducting official ceremonies.
(b) Information about how a woman's body functions.
(c) Information about raising children.
(d) Information about how to be a pope.
11. Why are Marlene and Jeanine meeting in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeanine wants a new job.
(b) Marlene wants to work for Jeanine.
(c) Jeanine was just fired from her job.
(d) Jeanine is interviewing to work at Top Girls.
12. By the end of Act 1, Part 3, which woman's story seems the least probable or realistic?
13. What did Joan hope to understand as Pope?
(a) Why men are in powerful positions.
(b) Intricacies of the Bible.
(c) The history of her religion's rituals.
(d) A deeper, spiritual truth.
14. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
(b) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(c) She and the baby are stoned to death.
(d) The baby is raised by nuns.
15. Where was the journey that Gret describes?
(a) Into hell.
(b) Through Japan..
(c) Into the Black Forest
(d) Across Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. The job Jeanine will interview for with good pay also offers:
2. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Where are Kit and Angie planning to go while in the front yard?
4. What was one of the Emperor's rituals?
5. Which character seems to travel the most?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)