|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many job interviews does Marlene come up with for Jeanine?
2. Why do people think Angie is strange?
(a) She frightened all the friends she had.
(b) She hangs out with someone much younger.
(c) She hangs out with someone much older.
(d) She does not have any friends.
3. What did Isabella do after her lover died?
(a) Started her own business.
(b) Became a nun.
(c) Stayed home for a long time
(d) Went traveling.
4. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
(a) Resting at home after feeling ill.
(b) Praying by herself.
(c) Spending time with her lover.
(d) Presiding over an important ceremony.
5. Which part of the meal do the women order during Act 1, Part 3?
(d) Main course.
6. What was Walter's final test of his wife's love?
(a) He took their first child from her.
(b) He had her organize his wedding.
(c) He asked her to murder someone.
(d) He cheated on her.
7. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
(b) Only when someone deserves help.
(c) Very often.
8. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) Top Girls.
(c) Jeanine's home.
(d) Marlene's home.
9. Which character seems to travel the most?
(c) Pope Joan.
10. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(c) The main course.
11. Where are Kit and Angie planning to go while in the front yard?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To a friend's house.
12. Who seems the least upset as Griselda tells her story?
13. How does Griselda feel about her husband?
(a) She defends his actions.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is thankful he took the children away.
(d) She can never forgive him.
14. How does Angie feel about her aunt?
(a) She worships her.
(b) She is bored by her.
(c) She does not trust her.
(d) She has no respect for her.
15. Which new guest arrives during Act 1, Part 3?
(c) Mrs. Kidd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joyce want the girls to go while they are in the yard?
2. What might get in the way of a high-paying, demanding job for Jeanine?
3. Which character sometimes dressed as a man?
4. Which character insists she could never live the life of a "lady"?
5. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)