|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She studies hard for the interview.
(b) She believes she is the best person for it.
(c) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
(d) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
2. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
3. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
(a) Marlene does not think Jeanine can handle a job like that.
(b) Women are not usually hired for traveling jobs.
(c) Jeanine gets very lonesome when she travels.
(d) There are not many traveling jobs available.
4. What was Walter's secret?
(a) He kept another lover.
(b) He had a second family with another woman.
(c) He raised their children in secret.
(d) He was not as rich as people thought he was.
5. Who is the youngest character in the play?
6. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
(b) The baby is raised by nuns.
(c) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(d) She and the baby are stoned to death.
7. By the end of Act 1, Part 3, which woman's story seems the least probable or realistic?
8. When did Joan take a lover?
(a) Before she became Pope.
(b) After she had a baby.
(c) Joan never took a lover.
(d) When she became Pope.
9. As the baby grew inside of Joan, she:
(a) Thought about the beauty of the life inside her.
(b) Thought she had experienced immaculate conception.
(c) Just thought she was getting fat.
(d) Thought the baby would grow up to be pope.
10. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
(a) They both travel.
(b) Their birthing experiences.
(c) Details about their lovers.
(d) Their religious transformations.
11. What does Angie lick?
(a) Kit's menstral blood.
(b) The ice cream she is eating.
(c) The cut on her leg.
(d) Dirt from the sidewalk.
12. Angie says that she dreamed:
(a) That she could hear others' thoughts.
(b) That she was able to fly.
(c) That she would one day have her own company.
(d) That she could change things by thinking about them.
13. When Joan went into labor, what did she think was happening?
(a) Fainting spells.
(c) Divine intervention.
14. Where does Angie's aunt live?
15. According to Marlene, the story of Griselda's marriage begins like a:
(a) Fairy tale.
(b) Scary nightmare.
(c) Magical mystery.
(d) Confusing dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many job interviews does Marlene come up with for Jeanine?
2. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
3. Who is the main storyteller of Act 1, Part 2?
4. What sort of work has Jeanine done in the past?
5. What does Kit do while waiting for Angie to finish cleaning her room?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)