|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because she just bought it.
(b) To go to the movies.
(c) To kill her mother.
(d) To meet her boyfriend.
2. Which character used to love getting dressed?
(b) Pope Joan.
(c) Dull Gret.
3. Who is the youngest character in the play?
4. Jeanine can best be described as:
(a) A spoiled girl who never had to work for her money.
(b) An ambitious woman who lacks self confidence.
(c) A staunch feminist.
(d) A smart, but lazy person.
5. Where does Act 1, Part 1 take place?
(a) In a living room.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In Marlene's home.
(d) In Japan.
6. How does Angie feel about her aunt?
(a) She does not trust her.
(b) She is bored by her.
(c) She worships her.
(d) She has no respect for her.
7. What does Angie lick?
(a) Dirt from the sidewalk.
(b) Kit's menstral blood.
(c) The ice cream she is eating.
(d) The cut on her leg.
8. What weapon does Angie take up in the front yard?
(a) A brick.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
9. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) It is out of style.
(b) It is the wrong color.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is too large.
10. What happened to Nijo's child?
(a) The child was immediately taken from her
(b) The child traveled with Nijo as a monk in training
(c) The child grew up to be a courtesan as well
(d) The child died after a few days with her
11. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She believes she is the best person for it.
(b) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
(c) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
(d) She studies hard for the interview.
12. Kit and Angie argue over whose mother is:
(a) More strict.
13. What was Nijo's previous occupation?
(d) High-ranking Buddhist monk.
14. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) The baby is raised by nuns.
(b) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(c) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
(d) She and the baby are stoned to death.
15. According to Joan, what is a greater sin than a Pope giving birth?
(a) Never having children at all.
(b) Aborting a baby.
(c) Making a poor example of female popes.
(d) Having a secret lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character seems to travel the most?
2. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
3. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
4. What is Angie's secret?
5. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)