|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation did Griselda's husband have?
(a) Wealthy landowner.
2. What is the main topic of conversation in Act 1, Part 2?
(d) Having babies.
3. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
(b) The waitress.
4. Why are the women toasting Marlene?
(a) She has just completed her university degree.
(b) She has just become engaged to be married.
(c) She has just bought a house.
(d) She has been named managing director at work.
5. What does Angie have to do before she can go to the movies?
(a) Put a different dress on.
(b) Find a ride there.
(c) Clean her room.
(d) Brush her teeth.
6. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To go to the movies.
(b) Because she just bought it.
(c) To meet her boyfriend.
(d) To kill her mother.
7. What part of Joan's education was missing?
(a) Information about raising children.
(b) Information about conducting official ceremonies.
(c) Information about how a woman's body functions.
(d) Information about how to be a pope.
8. Which character sometimes dressed as a man?
(a) Pope Joan.
9. What might get in the way of a high-paying, demanding job for Jeanine?
(a) She has two small children to take care of.
(b) Her mother is very ill at the moment.
(c) Jeanine lacks the skills for a high-paying job.
(d) She has a fiance who also demands her time.
10. According to Joan, what the pope says is:
(a) Sometimes confusing.
(b) The truth.
(c) Rarely spiritual.
(d) Often a lie.
11. Which new guest arrives during Act 1, Part 3?
(c) Mrs. Kidd.
12. What religion is Nijo?
13. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Dull Gret.
14. Kit and Angie argue over whose mother is:
(d) More strict.
15. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
(b) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
(c) She believes she is the best person for it.
(d) She studies hard for the interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ghost did Angie think she heard?
2. What was Nijo's previous occupation?
3. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
4. Each of the following is a conflict for Jeanine's career except:
5. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)