|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each of the following is a conflict for Jeanine's career except:
(a) How far she wants to commute to work.
(b) How far into the future she wants to plan.
(c) How much time she wants to spend at work.
(d) How much time she wants to spend with her fiance
2. Which topic of conversation is not mentioned in the beginning of the play?
(a) The women's schooling.
(b) Damnation, good works, and going to church.
(c) The women's ability to swim.
(d) The women's fathers.
3. Which new guest arrives during Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Mrs. Kidd.
4. What is Angie's secret?
(a) She plans to run away.
(b) She found out who her father is.
(c) She has a secret boyfriend.
(d) She does not like her mother.
5. Which part of the meal do the women order during Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Main course.
6. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) Dull Gret.
7. Why does Marlene want Jeanine to get a job?
(a) Because Marlene is tired of supporting her.
(b) Because Marlene's reputation is on the line if she does not.
(c) Because Marlene's friend wants to hire Jeanine.
(d) Because Marlene needs one more placement this week.
8. What is the main topic of conversation in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Having babies.
9. How does Angie feel about her aunt?
(a) She has no respect for her.
(b) She is bored by her.
(c) She does not trust her.
(d) She worships her.
10. What part of Joan's education was missing?
(a) Information about how a woman's body functions.
(b) Information about conducting official ceremonies.
(c) Information about how to be a pope.
(d) Information about raising children.
11. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Top Girls.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) Marlene's home.
(d) Jeanine's home.
12. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
(a) The baby is raised by nuns.
(b) She and the baby are stoned to death.
(c) She and the baby are forced to go into hiding.
(d) The baby is hailed as a miracle.
13. Jeanine can best be described as:
(a) A spoiled girl who never had to work for her money.
(b) An ambitious woman who lacks self confidence.
(c) A smart, but lazy person.
(d) A staunch feminist.
14. When did Joan take a lover?
(a) After she had a baby.
(b) When she became Pope.
(c) Joan never took a lover.
(d) Before she became Pope.
15. What does Angie lick?
(a) Kit's menstral blood.
(b) Dirt from the sidewalk.
(c) The cut on her leg.
(d) The ice cream she is eating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
2. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
3. How does Nijo relate to Gret?
4. Where was the journey that Gret describes?
5. Where does Joyce want the girls to go while they are in the yard?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)