|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Isabella put her life's energy into?
(a) Caring for her children.
(b) Caring for horses.
(c) Caring for her exotic garden.
(d) Caring for her elderly parents.
2. What occupation did Griselda's husband have?
(a) Wealthy landowner.
3. Who asks Joan to finish her story about giving birth?
(d) Dull Gret.
4. What does Angie have to do before she can go to the movies?
(a) Brush her teeth.
(b) Put a different dress on.
(c) Clean her room.
(d) Find a ride there.
5. When did Joan take a lover?
(a) After she had a baby.
(b) Before she became Pope.
(c) When she became Pope.
(d) Joan never took a lover.
6. According to Joan, being pope:
(a) Is a great way to experience Italy.
(b) Is the greatest experience a woman can have.
(c) Is not as powerful a position as some think.
(d) Is a powerful position to hold.
7. Why are Marlene and Jeanine meeting in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeanine wants a new job.
(b) Jeanine was just fired from her job.
(c) Jeanine is interviewing to work at Top Girls.
(d) Marlene wants to work for Jeanine.
8. When Joan went into labor, what did she think was happening?
(c) Divine intervention.
(d) Fainting spells.
9. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(d) The main course.
10. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
(b) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
(c) She believes she is the best person for it.
(d) She studies hard for the interview.
11. What was Nijo's first child?
(a) She never knew.
(b) Twins: a girl and a boy.
(c) A girl.
(d) A boy.
12. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
(a) Travel once a month.
(b) Better prospects.
(c) Few benefits.
(d) A busy schedule.
13. Why do people think Angie is strange?
(a) She does not have any friends.
(b) She frightened all the friends she had.
(c) She hangs out with someone much younger.
(d) She hangs out with someone much older.
14. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
15. What weapon does Angie take up in the front yard?
(a) A brick.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angie feel about her aunt?
2. Where does Marlene work?
3. What does Kit do while waiting for Angie to finish cleaning her room?
4. Why did Nijo take the course in life she did?
5. What does Kit want to be when she grows up?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)