|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many job interviews does Marlene come up with for Jeanine?
2. What might get in the way of a job with a lot of travel for Jeanine?
(a) Women are not usually hired for traveling jobs.
(b) Jeanine gets very lonesome when she travels.
(c) Marlene does not think Jeanine can handle a job like that.
(d) There are not many traveling jobs available.
3. Who is the main storyteller of Act 1, Part 2?
(d) Pope Joan.
4. Where does Angie's aunt live?
5. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
(a) Strange and creepy.
(b) Hostile and nasty.
(c) Kind and sweet.
(d) Blunt and realistic.
6. The job Jeanine will interview for with less pay also offers:
(a) Travel once a month.
(b) A busy schedule.
(c) Few benefits.
(d) Better prospects.
7. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
8. In what language does Joan pray?
9. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Jeanine's home.
(b) Top Girls.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) Marlene's home.
10. How does Angie feel about her aunt?
(a) She has no respect for her.
(b) She does not trust her.
(c) She worships her.
(d) She is bored by her.
11. What does Kit do while waiting for Angie to finish cleaning her room?
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Makes small talk with Joyce.
(c) Tries to leave without Angie.
(d) Walks up and down the block.
12. What was Joan doing when she went into labor?
(a) Resting at home after feeling ill.
(b) Spending time with her lover.
(c) Praying by herself.
(d) Presiding over an important ceremony.
13. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
(a) They both travel.
(b) Details about their lovers.
(c) Their religious transformations.
(d) Their birthing experiences.
14. When did Joan take a lover?
(a) After she had a baby.
(b) Before she became Pope.
(c) When she became Pope.
(d) Joan never took a lover.
15. Which character thinks that good works are most important?
(a) Pope Joan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Marlene and Jeanine meeting in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
3. Which character's children were taken away and never returned?
4. What is the consequence of Joan's birth experience?
5. As the baby grew inside of Joan, she:
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)