|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Angie's secret?
(a) She plans to run away.
(b) She found out who her father is.
(c) She does not like her mother.
(d) She has a secret boyfriend.
2. Which character's children were taken away and never returned?
3. What is wrong with Angie's dress in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) It is the wrong color.
(b) It is out of style.
(c) It is too large.
(d) It is too small.
4. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
(b) She studies hard for the interview.
(c) She believes she is the best person for it.
(d) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
5. Where does Joyce want the girls to go while they are in the yard?
(a) Over to Kit's house.
(b) Into the house.
(c) Out of the house.
(d) To the movies.
6. Why are Marlene and Jeanine meeting in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeanine was just fired from her job.
(b) Marlene wants to work for Jeanine.
(c) Jeanine is interviewing to work at Top Girls.
(d) Jeanine wants a new job.
7. What kind of ghost did Angie think she heard?
(a) Ghost of a dead dog.
(b) Ghost of her father.
(c) Ghost of a dead kitten.
(d) Ghost of her mother.
8. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(b) The main course.
9. What is the perk of the job Marlene mentions to Jeanine that has less pay?
(a) It provides employees with lunch every day.
(b) It has good prospects.
(c) It is located very close to Jeanine's home.
(d) It provides excellent health benefits.
10. Who seems the least upset as Griselda tells her story?
11. Why do people think Angie is strange?
(a) She does not have any friends.
(b) She frightened all the friends she had.
(c) She hangs out with someone much older.
(d) She hangs out with someone much younger.
12. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
13. Why are the women toasting Marlene?
(a) She has just become engaged to be married.
(b) She has just bought a house.
(c) She has been named managing director at work.
(d) She has just completed her university degree.
14. Why did Griselda accept Walter's tests of her love?
(a) She knew the outcome beforehand.
(b) She enjoyed a challenge.
(c) She was afraid he would beat her.
(d) She was raised to obey her husband.
15. Which character seems to travel the most?
(d) Pope Joan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Walter's final test of his wife's love?
2. How do the dinner guests react to Joan's story?
3. Who is the main storyteller of Act 1, Part 2?
4. Kit and Angie argue over whose mother is:
5. What best describes Marlene's attitude with Jeanine during the interview?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)