|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit do while waiting for Angie to finish cleaning her room?
(a) Walks up and down the block.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Tries to leave without Angie.
(d) Makes small talk with Joyce.
2. The job Jeanine will interview for with good pay also offers:
(a) A lot of travel.
(b) Limited prospects.
(c) Great benefits.
(d) A lot of free time.
3. Who asks most of the questions during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeanine's fiance.
(d) The interviewer from Jeanine's job prospect.
4. Where does Joyce want the girls to go while they are in the yard?
(a) To the movies.
(b) Over to Kit's house.
(c) Into the house.
(d) Out of the house.
5. What does Kit want to be when she grows up?
(a) A career woman.
(b) A nuclear physicist.
(c) A mother.
(d) A movie star.
6. What religion is Nijo?
7. When Joan went into labor, what did she think was happening?
(b) Fainting spells.
(d) Divine intervention.
8. Which character insists she could never live the life of a "lady"?
9. What was Nijo's previous occupation?
(b) High-ranking Buddhist monk.
10. Where are Kit and Angie planning to go while in the front yard?
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the library.
(d) To a friend's house.
11. Why are Marlene and Jeanine meeting in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeanine is interviewing to work at Top Girls.
(b) Jeanine was just fired from her job.
(c) Jeanine wants a new job.
(d) Marlene wants to work for Jeanine.
12. Which topic of conversation is not mentioned in the beginning of the play?
(a) The women's schooling.
(b) The women's ability to swim.
(c) The women's fathers.
(d) Damnation, good works, and going to church.
13. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To go to the movies.
(b) To meet her boyfriend.
(c) To kill her mother.
(d) Because she just bought it.
14. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
(b) The waitress.
15. What did Isabella do after her lover died?
(a) Started her own business.
(b) Stayed home for a long time
(c) Went traveling.
(d) Became a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Isabella put her life's energy into?
2. What does Angie lick?
3. What is the main topic of conversation in Act 1, Part 2?
4. Each of the following is a conflict for Jeanine's career except:
5. According to Joan, what is a greater sin than a Pope giving birth?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)