|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marlene, Jeanine will get either job if:
(a) She dresses appropriately for the interview.
(b) She believes she is the best person for it.
(c) She studies hard for the interview.
(d) She mentions Marlene in the interview.
2. Jeanine can best be described as:
(a) A spoiled girl who never had to work for her money.
(b) An ambitious woman who lacks self confidence.
(c) A staunch feminist.
(d) A smart, but lazy person.
3. Which character interrupts Joan several times during the telling of her story?
(d) The waitress.
4. Where was the journey that Gret describes?
(a) Into hell.
(b) Across Europe.
(c) Into the Black Forest
(d) Through Japan..
5. What did Isabella do after her lover died?
(a) Started her own business.
(b) Became a nun.
(c) Stayed home for a long time
(d) Went traveling.
6. What is the main topic of conversation in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Having babies.
7. According to Joan, what is a greater sin than a Pope giving birth?
(a) Never having children at all.
(b) Making a poor example of female popes.
(c) Aborting a baby.
(d) Having a secret lover.
8. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
(c) Very often.
(d) Only when someone deserves help.
9. Why did Angie choose to wear the particular dress that she chooses at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To meet her boyfriend.
(b) To go to the movies.
(c) To kill her mother.
(d) Because she just bought it.
10. What part of Joan's education was missing?
(a) Information about raising children.
(b) Information about conducting official ceremonies.
(c) Information about how a woman's body functions.
(d) Information about how to be a pope.
11. Why do people think Angie is strange?
(a) She hangs out with someone much older.
(b) She frightened all the friends she had.
(c) She does not have any friends.
(d) She hangs out with someone much younger.
12. Who is the main storyteller of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Pope Joan.
13. As the baby grew inside of Joan, she:
(a) Just thought she was getting fat.
(b) Thought about the beauty of the life inside her.
(c) Thought she had experienced immaculate conception.
(d) Thought the baby would grow up to be pope.
14. What part of the meal have the women been served by the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(c) The main course.
15. What was Walter's final test of his wife's love?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) He had her organize his wedding.
(c) He took their first child from her.
(d) He asked her to murder someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marlene work?
2. What might get in the way of a high-paying, demanding job for Jeanine?
3. What does Kit do while waiting for Angie to finish cleaning her room?
4. According to Joan, being pope:
5. Each of the following is a conflict for Jeanine's career except:
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)