Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Part 1
1. Why do you think the author includes a character like Isabella in the play?
2. What genre might be used to describe the play during Act 1? Explain why.
3. Describe a unique feature of Act 1's dialogue, and why it may be presented/designed this way.
4. Why might the author include so many dinner guests who have worn men's clothing?
5. Why might the author include so few details about the identity of Marlene's lover?
6. Why does Marlene become...
This section contains 1,019 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)