Short Answer Key
Act 1, Part 1
1. Where does Act 1, Part 1 take place?
In a restaurant.
2. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
3. Which character seems to travel the most?
4. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
5. Which topic of conversation is not mentioned in the beginning of the play?
The women's ability to swim.
6. What religion is Nijo?
7. What was Nijo's previous occupation?
8. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
9. Which character thinks that good works are most important?
10. Which character sometimes dressed as a man?
11. Which character used to love getting dressed?
12. Which character does not have a dead lover?
13. What did Isabella do after her lover died?
This section contains 2,094 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)