|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marlene work?
(a) At a college.
(b) An employment agency.
(c) A tecnology company.
(d) An insurance agency.
2. What happened to Nijo's child?
(a) The child traveled with Nijo as a monk in training
(b) The child grew up to be a courtesan as well
(c) The child was immediately taken from her
(d) The child died after a few days with her
3. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
(c) Dull Gret.
4. According to Joan, what is a greater sin than a Pope giving birth?
(a) Having a secret lover.
(b) Making a poor example of female popes.
(c) Aborting a baby.
(d) Never having children at all.
5. What did Joan hope to understand as Pope?
(a) A deeper, spiritual truth.
(b) Intricacies of the Bible.
(c) The history of her religion's rituals.
(d) Why men are in powerful positions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nijo and Isabella's main shared experience?
2. Where does Act 1, Part 1 take place?
3. According to Joan, what the pope says is:
4. Which topic of conversation is not mentioned in the beginning of the play?
5. What was Nijo's previous occupation?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)