|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marlene, the story of Griselda's marriage begins like a:
(a) Magical mystery.
(b) Fairy tale.
(c) Scary nightmare.
(d) Confusing dream.
2. Which character's children were taken away and never returned?
3. What occupation did Griselda's husband have?
(c) Wealthy landowner.
4. What was Walter's secret?
(a) He had a second family with another woman.
(b) He kept another lover.
(c) He was not as rich as people thought he was.
(d) He raised their children in secret.
5. According to Joan, what is a greater sin than a Pope giving birth?
(a) Never having children at all.
(b) Making a poor example of female popes.
(c) Having a secret lover.
(d) Aborting a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Walter's final test of his wife's love?
2. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
3. What was one of the Emperor's rituals?
4. Why did Nijo take the course in life she did?
5. What was Nijo's first child?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)