Act 1, Part 1
1. Where does Act 1, Part 1 take place?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In a living room.
(c) In Japan.
(d) In Marlene's home.
2. What does Marlene order to drink at the restaurant as the play opens?
3. Which character seems to travel the most?
(d) Pope Joan.
4. Which character is not present in Act 1, Part 1?
(d) Dull Gret.
5. Which topic of conversation is not mentioned in the beginning of the play?
(a) The women's fathers.
(b) The women's schooling.
(c) The women's ability to swim.
(d) Damnation, good works, and going to church.
6. What religion is Nijo?
7. What was Nijo's previous occupation?
(a) High-ranking Buddhist monk.
8. According to Marlene, how often does she, herself, do good works?
(b) Only when someone deserves help.
(d) Very often.
9. Which character thinks that good works are most important?
(a) Pope Joan.
This section contains 4,357 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)