|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booth discover about Lincoln when they play cards in Scene 6?
2. What does Lincoln hold up for Booth to see near the end of Scene 5?
3. What is Booth convinced Lincoln thinks of him in regard to cards?
4. What has Lincoln not touched since Lonny died?
5. Who chooses the right card during the first card game in Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Booth's dialogue just before he slams the door and leaves at the end of Scene 5?
2. What does Lincoln say about hustling in Scene 4?
3. What does Lincoln tell Booth regarding finding work in Scene 6?
4. In Scene 4 why does Lincoln say he first thought he should stop hustling?
5. What does Booth announce to Lincoln in regard to Grace in Scene 6?
6. Describe Booth's appearance in his room at the beginning of Scene 5.
7. How does Lincoln react when Booth tells him he must move in Scene 6?
8. What is the nature of Lincoln's playing with cards at the end of Scene 4?
9. In Scene 5, what is Booth's opinion of his parents abandoning him and Lincoln?
10. Describe Lincoln and Booth's card game when they use real money near the end of Scene 6.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of Booth's "bad part" in the play. What might his reliance on this excuse say about his character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the repercussions and significance of Lonny's death in the play. What might his death be representative of?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of sincerity in the play. Which characters are sincere? What might this portrayal of sincerity say about the nature of these characters?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)