|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln use as a urinal at the beginning of Scene 4?
2. What is Booth convinced Lincoln thinks of him in regard to cards?
3. What does Lincoln tell Booth he landed a job as the beginning of Scene 6?
4. What does Booth tell Lincoln he promised to Lincoln's ex-wife once?
5. Complete the sentence: "You must be thuh man who ____ thuh most".
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Booth tell Lincoln about his ex-wife Cookie in Scene 6?
2. Describe Lincoln and Booth's first three-card monte game in Scene 6.
3. In Scene 5, what is Booth's opinion of his parents abandoning him and Lincoln?
4. What does Lincoln say about hustling in Scene 4?
5. Describe Lincoln and Booth's card game when they use real money near the end of Scene 6.
6. What is the nature of the description of Lincoln and Booth's "inheritance" in Scene 5?
7. What does Lincoln tell Booth regarding finding work in Scene 6?
8. What is the nature of Lincoln and Booth's card game at the end of Scene 5?
9. What does Lincoln begin reminiscing about in Scene 4?
10. What did Lincoln and Booth's parents tell each of them in regard to their inheritance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of clothing in the play. What do clothes represent to the play's characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character's tendency to romanticize hustling in the play. What reasons might the author have for presenting hustling in this light?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the play's title. What might this title mean? What significance does it hold within Booth and Lincoln's relationship?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)