|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the end of Scene 2, what does Lincoln begin thinking out loud about?
2. Complete the sentence: "just show me how to do the ____ part of the card hustle, man."
3. What does Lincoln say isn't influenced by the clothes he wears?
4. Who does Booth call "some miscellaneous stranger"?
5. What does Lincoln say he would rather do than partake in the venture Booth proposes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lincoln tell Booth he has discovered of his in Scene 3?
2. What is the nature of Lincoln and Booth's conversation regarding Lincoln's job in Scene 2?
3. What does Lincoln tell Booth about card hustling in Scene 1?
4. Describe what Lincoln does after Booth leaves the room at the end of Scene 2.
5. How does Booth react when Lincoln sneaks up on him at the beginning of Scene 1?
6. How does Booth respond when he learns Lincoln has found something of his that was hidden?
7. In Scene 3, in what way does Booth try and emasculate Lincoln regarding his job?
8. How does Lincoln describe the nature of his job in Scene 3?
9. How does Lincoln respond when Booth questions why he quit hustling in Scene 2?
10. What does Booth budget the stolen money for in Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author's use of white pancake makeup in the play evokes memories of many things for the African American community. Examine the significance in the use of this white face paint in the play, namely its ties to the culture and society of the characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of Booth's "bad part" in the play. What might his reliance on this excuse say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of Booth as someone lacking self-control. What motivations does she have for portraying him in such a way?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)