|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booth unload at the beginning of Scene 2?
2. What does Lincoln tell Booth he will need if he decides to become a hustler?
3. Where is Lincoln and Booth's room located?
4. What is Lincoln laying in at the beginning of Scene 3?
5. What event does Booth recall to Lincoln after he rejects his proposal in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Booth and Lincoln's conversation regarding guns in Scene 3?
2. In Scene 3, how does Lincoln tell Booth he will help him in regard to card hustling?
3. What is Booth's reaction when Lincoln refuses to become his hustling partner near the end of Scene 1?
4. How is Lincoln's appearance described in Scene 1?
5. What does Booth tell Lincoln he could always do if he is fired from his job as an impersonator?
6. How does Lincoln say he spent the $20 he earned in Scene 1?
7. What does Lincoln tell Booth about card hustling in Scene 1?
8. What does Lincoln tell Booth he has discovered of his in Scene 3?
9. Describe the stolen items Booth unloads in his room at the beginning of Scene 2.
10. What is the nature of Booth's discussion regarding his name at the end of Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of value systems in the play. What values do the play's characters hold? Where might they have found these values?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of Lincoln and Booth's names. What might these names say in regard to their upbringing?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lincoln and Booth's ambitions in the play. What might the nature of their ambitions say about these characters?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)