|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lincoln describe Booth's gun in Scene 3?
2. What business does Booth propose he and Lincoln go into in Scene 1?
3. What does Booth say Lincoln is lacking worth in?
4. Near the end of Scene 2, what does Lincoln begin thinking out loud about?
5. How are the items that Booth unloads at the beginning of Scene 2 described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lincoln's appearance described in Scene 1?
2. How does Lincoln respond when Booth questions why he quit hustling in Scene 2?
3. What does Booth say about telephones in Scene 2?
4. How does Booth react when Lincoln sneaks up on him at the beginning of Scene 1?
5. What does Booth suggest he and Lincoln do to improve his work performance at the end of Scene 3?
6. What is Booth's reaction when Lincoln refuses to become his hustling partner near the end of Scene 1?
7. In Scene 3, how does Lincoln tell Booth he will help him in regard to card hustling?
8. What does Booth tell Lincoln he is going to do with the ring he has in Scene 1?
9. What is the nature of Lincoln and Booth's conversation regarding Lincoln's job in Scene 2?
10. In Scene 3, in what way does Booth try and emasculate Lincoln regarding his job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the external pressures placed upon Lincoln in the play. What reasons did the author have for presenting such pressures on this character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of Lincoln and Booth's names. What might these names say in regard to their upbringing?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of Booth's "bad part" in the play. What might his reliance on this excuse say about his character?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)