|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln advise Booth to do in terms of card dealing in Scene 1?
2. Who did Lincoln and Booth's mother leave in charge of them according to Booth's story in Scene 1?
3. What does Booth say he wishes to be called at the end of Scene 1?
4. What does Booth say the items he unloads would help Lincoln with?
5. What is the name of the man whose death is mentioned at the end of Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 3, how does Booth describe his evening with Grace?
2. What reasons does Lincoln give Booth for not wanting to be his hustling partner in Scene 1?
3. How does Booth react when Lincoln sneaks up on him at the beginning of Scene 1?
4. How does Lincoln describe his job in Scene 2?
5. What does Booth tell Lincoln he could always do if he is fired from his job as an impersonator?
6. What does Lincoln tell Booth about card hustling in Scene 1?
7. In Scene 3, in what way does Booth try and emasculate Lincoln regarding his job?
8. What is the nature of Lincoln and Booth's conversation regarding Lincoln's job in Scene 2?
9. Describe the stolen items Booth unloads in his room at the beginning of Scene 2.
10. How does Lincoln describe the nature of his job in Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of value systems in the play. What values do the play's characters hold? Where might they have found these values?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ambiguity in Booth's reaction to Lincoln's death. What motivated him to act in this way? What does this reaction say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of Lincoln and Booth's names. What might these names say in regard to their upbringing?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)