|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Booth's card dealing described in Scene 1?
2. What does Booth say women use a man's telephone number to do?
3. What does Booth accuse Lincoln of being after he finds out he has discovered something of his that was hidden?
4. What does Lincoln say about his job in Scene 2?
5. What does Lincoln fear will replace him at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Booth suggest he and Lincoln do to improve his work performance at the end of Scene 3?
2. What does Booth say about telephones in Scene 2?
3. What is the nature of Booth and Lincoln's conversation regarding guns in Scene 3?
4. How is Lincoln's appearance described in Scene 1?
5. What is the nature of Lincoln and Booth's conversation regarding Lincoln's job in Scene 2?
6. What reasons does Lincoln give Booth for not wanting to be his hustling partner in Scene 1?
7. In Scene 3, in what way does Booth try and emasculate Lincoln regarding his job?
8. At the beginning of Scene 3, how does Booth describe his evening with Grace?
9. Describe Lincoln's interaction with the kid on the bus in Scene 1.
10. Describe what Lincoln does after Booth leaves the room at the end of Scene 2.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of sibling rivalry in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character's tendency to romanticize hustling in the play. What reasons might the author have for presenting hustling in this light?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of race in the play. What is the author saying about the nature of race in the lives of these characters?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)