|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln offer to help Booth with in Scene 3?
2. What does Lincoln tell Booth he found of his that was hidden in Scene 3?
3. What does Lincoln say about his job in Scene 2?
4. Complete the sentence: "just show me how to do the ____ part of the card hustle, man."
5. Where does Scene 2 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Booth tell Lincoln he could always do if he is fired from his job as an impersonator?
2. How does Lincoln describe his job in Scene 2?
3. Describe the stolen items Booth unloads in his room at the beginning of Scene 2.
4. How is Lincoln's appearance described in Scene 1?
5. How does Booth react when Lincoln sneaks up on him at the beginning of Scene 1?
6. What is the nature of Booth's discussion regarding his name at the end of Scene 1?
7. What does Lincoln tell Booth about card hustling in Scene 1?
8. What is Lincoln's reaction when he sees the stolen items brought in by Booth in Scene 2?
9. What does Booth suggest he and Lincoln do to improve his work performance at the end of Scene 3?
10. What is the nature of Lincoln and Booth's discussion about mechanical devices in Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of Lincoln's job as an impersonator in the play. What significance does this position hold in terms of the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of Booth's "bad part" in the play. What might his reliance on this excuse say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the play's title. What might this title mean? What significance does it hold within Booth and Lincoln's relationship?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)