|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to appear in Scene 6?
2. What do Lincoln and Booth reminisce about in Scene 5?
(a) Card hustling.
(c) Their childhood.
(d) Their family life.
3. What is Booth convinced Lincoln thinks of him in regard to cards?
(a) That Lincoln doesn't trust him.
(b) That Lincoln doesn't like him.
(c) That Lincoln betrayed him.
(d) That Lincoln doesn't think he has what it takes to be a hustler.
4. Which one of Booth and Lincoln's parents left them first, according to their conversation in Scene 5?
(a) They never left.
(b) Their mother.
(c) They left at the same time.
(d) Their father.
5. How does Booth do when he plays cards with Lincoln near the end of Scene 5?
(a) He picks a few cards right.
(b) He picks most of the cards wrong.
(c) He picks all the cards right.
(d) He loses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age does Booth say he and Lincoln were when their parents left them?
2. What does Lincoln discover Booth is planning to work as?
3. What position does Lincoln pretend to be when he and Booth play cards near the end of Scene 5?
4. What do Lincoln and Booth begin to do after they discuss getting jobs?
5. Finish the sentence: "red losers black winner follow thuh deuce of spades chase thuh black _____".
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 4, how does Lincoln describe some of the people he has hustled money out of?
2. In Scene 5, what is Booth's opinion of his parents abandoning him and Lincoln?
3. Describe Booth's appearance in his room at the beginning of Scene 5.
4. How does Lincoln react when Booth suggests they form a hustling team in Scene 5?
5. Describe Booth's reaction when he notices some of his girlie magazines are visible at the beginning of Scene 5.
6. What is the nature of Lincoln and Booth's card game at the end of Scene 5?
7. How does Lincoln react when Booth tells him he must move in Scene 6?
8. What does Booth tell Lincoln about his ex-wife Cookie in Scene 6?
9. What does Lincoln say about hustling in Scene 4?
10. Describe Lincoln's mood at the beginning of Scene 4.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)