|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the car Rebus commandeers in the car park?
2. What does Kenny work as in the city?
3. What kind of books does Flight say John must have been reading?
4. Where is the youth sitting next to Rebus traveling to?
5. Where does Rebus take Wolfman's letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Wolfman's motive to kill?
2. How does Rebus react to finding out Chambers has Lisa?
3. What does Rebus find out about Kenny in this section?
4. How does Rebus kill Chambers?
5. Describe the phone call between Rebus and Chambers.
6. What does Rebus say is his role whilst Flight talks to Arnold?
7. Why does Sammy phone Rebus in this section?
8. What does Rebus find out about Lisa in this section?
9. What agreement does Lisa make with Flight in this section?
10. What did Wolfman's parents used to do to him as a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Rebus' and Flight's relationship change by the end of the novel? What was the turning of their relationship? Why was it important to the story that their relationship changed like this?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)