|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attraction does Rebus look around in this section?
2. What kind of class is Rebus' ex-wife teaching in the National Art Gallery?
3. Who does Rebus think the killer is?
4. What kind of car do the two policeman with Lisa and Cousins drive?
5. Where does Rebus say he has heard the American student's phrase before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lisa so frightened in this section?
2. What do Rebus and Flight share as policeman and people?
3. How does Rebus clear the way for Kenny to leave the building?
4. Describe the phone call between Rebus and Chambers.
5. What does the letter say about the killer?
6. How does Rebus find Lisa?
7. What did Wolfman's parents used to do to him as a child?
8. How does Rebus end his relationship with Lisa?
9. Describe the meeting between Rebus, Flight and the child molester.
10. What does Rebus find out about Lisa in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Wolfman's motivations for killing? In what way are these different to the motivations we usually expect from a serial killer?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why do the London Metropolitan police send for Rebus? Why does Rebus believe the Metropolitan police are expecting too much from him?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)