|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rebus and Flight discuss over breakfast?
2. What did the killer use to cover the first victim's body?
3. Where does Lisa take Rebus for dinner?
4. What does Wolfman use to write on the wall?
5. What country is John Rebus from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader find out about the Wolfman in this chapter?
2. Why doesn't Rebus like his daughter's new boyfriend?
3. What does the Wolfman do to his latest victim?
4. What conclusions does Cousin make about the killing?
5. What does Rebus think about the Glaswegian accent?
6. How does Lisa persuade Rebus to let her create a profile of the killer?
7. Describe the river where the police find Wolfman's latest victim.
8. Why is Rebus glad for the break?
9. How does Wolfman torture his victim in this chapter?
10. How do the chattering teeth help Rebus in the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the capture and death of Chambers. What meaning does it give the story that Rebus captures and kills Chambers in the National Gallery? Choose another death scene that you think fits into the novel's themes and discuss what new meaning it would bring the book.
Essay Topic 2
In what does the story's ending highlight the theme of honesty? What has happened to the characters who haven't been honest?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme;
2. Point of view
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)