|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area is Wolfman walking through?
2. When does Flight say the market opens?
3. Who does the woman say she was attacked by?
4. How does the killer refer to himself?
5. What does Rebus see at the open air market?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rebus lie to the press?
2. What information does Morrison provide Rebus and Flight about the case?
3. What does Rebus learn about Chambers in this section?
4. What does Rebus say about motives in this section?
5. Why is Watkiss' trial thrown out of court?
6. Why is Rebus so uncomfortable with the fact the Metropolitan police regard him as an expert in serial killers?
7. How does the Wolfman try to calm the prostitute down when she looks suspicious?
8. What does Flight tell Rebus about working in London?
9. What does Rebus say to the press after the copycat killing?
10. What does Rebus think about the Glaswegian accent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the press play an important part in the case? How does Rebus try to manipulate the press to bring the killer into the open?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Rebus feel guilty about his family and particularly his daughter, Sammy? How does Rebus express his guilt?
Essay Topic 3
How does Rebus' and Flight's relationship change by the end of the novel? What was the turning of their relationship? Why was it important to the story that their relationship changed like this?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)