Prologue and The Chamber of Horrors
• The Metropolitan police invite Inspector John Rebus to London to help in a serial killer case.
• Rebus travels to London by train. He finds it amusing that the English man next to him is so upset at his team's loss in a Rugby game between Scotland and England.
• Rebus thinks how glad he is for the break from his work in Scotland as he had been put on desk duty after offending his boss.
• As soon as Rebus arrives in London he hears news that a serial killer called the Wolfman has struck once more. He quickly makes his way to the murder scene.
• Policeman George Flight meets the coroner, Philip Cousins, at the murder scene, a tow path next to a river. A few minutes later, Rebus also arrives and Flight brings him up to date on the case.
• Rebus meets...
This section contains 1,545 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)