|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stopped by Pieter's office at the police station to pay him a pound toward the loan Pieter gave him?
2. Who finds Pieter with a gun prepared to kill himself?
3. On the street, Pieter speaks with Abraham Kaplan who owns the what?
4. Who met Nella and the kids when they returned from her family's farm?
5. Who does Pieter stop to speak with on the street that has only one pound of money left?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several times Pieter decides to confide in various people but does not. How does this affect the story? What is his relationship with each of them before he is found out and after he is found out?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the possibility that Pieter's upbringing may be the cause for his two selves and the possibility that his ailing relationships with his father and his wife may be the cause for his eventual involvement with Stephanie. Be specific.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8, Paton has the social welfare department located in the old butchery. Discuss the significance of this location to the department, the community and the political/government atmosphere during these times.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)