Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Pieter with a gun prepared to kill himself?
2. How much money is left with the note for Pieter?
3. What book does Jakob cross out Pieter's name from while the captain watches?
4. Who gives Pieter's mom a picture of Pieter as a keepsake?
5. Who has accused Pieter of a crime?
Essay Topic 1
Dick, Smith, Pieter and the captain have all violated the Immorality Act in this story. Discuss each situation and provide a brief analysis of how each character's actions and corresponding outcomes reflect the legal and religious views of the society in which they live, as well as what each incident reveals about each character.
Essay Topic 2
Several times Pieter decides to confide in various people but does not. How does this affect the story? What is his relationship with each of them before he is found out and after he is found out?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 9 and 31 Stephanie comes before the magistrate. Compare and contrast each appearance and how it affects her life and that of her child. (Include - what brings her into court each time; what happens in court; and immediately following each court appearance).
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)