|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted to go to Japie about Stephanie, but did not?
2. Once home after his arrest, who comes from the kitchen smiling at Pieter?
3. On the family picnic outing, who sat in the front seat and held Jakob's hand?
4. After finding out who wrote the note pinned to his door, Pieter left his office and went where?
5. In his office, Pieter awaited a call from Pretoria for more supplies. Who came in that he thought about telling them about Stephanie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each character's response to Pieter's involvement with Stephanie reveals something about them. Discuss this unveiling for Kappie, Sophie, Koos, Jakob, Pieter's mother, Vorster, and Pieter's younger sister and the captain.
Essay Topic 2
Jakob likes control. Analyze his need to be in control through specific incidents with his wife, Sophie, and Pieter before and after Pieter is found out.
Essay Topic 3
Pieter's mother is woven throughout this story as someone who loves all, unconditionally. How does this character compare with the God portrayed in their religion and how they react to who He is in their lives and who she is to her family and the community?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)