Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Pieter with a gun prepared to kill himself?
2. How much money is left with the note for Pieter?
3. What book does Jakob cross out Pieter's name from while the captain watches?
4. Who gives Pieter's mom a picture of Pieter as a keepsake?
5. Who has accused Pieter of a crime?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possibility that Pieter's upbringing may be the cause for his two selves and the possibility that his ailing relationships with his father and his wife may be the cause for his eventual involvement with Stephanie. Be specific.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 8, Paton has the social welfare department located in the old butchery. Discuss the significance of this location to the department, the community and the political/government atmosphere during these times.
Essay Topic 3
Jakob likes control. Analyze his need to be in control through specific incidents with his wife, Sophie, and Pieter before and after Pieter is found out.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)