Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Pieter with a gun prepared to kill himself?
2. How much money is left with the note for Pieter?
3. What book does Jakob cross out Pieter's name from while the captain watches?
4. Who gives Pieter's mom a picture of Pieter as a keepsake?
5. Who has accused Pieter of a crime?
In the story, Jakob's decision to take away Pieter's stamp collection affected outcomes. How does this decision and the outcomes parallel with Pieter's decision to become involved with Stephanie and the resulting outcomes?
Several times Pieter decides to confide in various people but does not. How does this affect the story? What is his relationship with each of them before he is found out and after he is found out?
Paton uses this story to convey a disdain for the apartheid in South Africa. Cite specific details from the story that demonstrate this disdain, an indictment of such hatred and bigotry, as well as providing how such affected the story and its characters' "realness."
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)