|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Jakob about Pieter's charges?
2. Where did the black woman die that had small pox?
3. Who dies eight days after Pieter is arrested and charged?
4. Who does Pieter stop to speak with on the street that has only one pound of money left?
5. What is inside the big envelope that Pieter takes down and gives to Sophie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Pieter and Jakob's relationship like when Pieter was a child? How did this relationship change? How did Pieter and Jakob get along after Pieter gave him the bird book? How and why did this relationship change?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 9 and 31 Stephanie comes before the magistrate. Compare and contrast each appearance and how it affects her life and that of her child. (Include - what brings her into court each time; what happens in court; and immediately following each court appearance).
Essay Topic 3
Several times Pieter decides to confide in various people but does not. How does this affect the story? What is his relationship with each of them before he is found out and after he is found out?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)