|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning home, bathing the kids, and being with Pieter, what does Nella discover that is broken?
(a) The stove.
(b) Pieter's pipe.
(c) The front room window.
(d) Her favorite bowl.
2. Who does Jakob send to Nella after being told about Pieter's arrest and the charges?
(b) The young dominee.
(d) The captain.
3. Besides Pieter's father, Pieter, Nella, and their kids, who else is in the car for the family picnic trip?
(a) Abraham and his daughter.
(b) The two dominees.
(c) Sophie and Pieter's mother.
(d) Frans and his wife.
4. Who told Pieter about the charges against him?
(b) Captain Jooste.
(d) His captain.
5. Why does Kappie refuse to call Pieter by his first name?
(c) He was told not to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thought that neither Pieter nor Nella had ever been safe in love?
2. According to Sophie, who could not tell a man so now the whole world knew?
3. Who complained that small pox was not wanted in their home?
4. On the family picnic outing, who sat in the front seat and held Jakob's hand?
5. After the young dominee and Martha share a kiss, who asks Sophie about the wine?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)