|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kappie refuse to call Pieter by his first name?
(b) He was told not to.
2. Who says it's too late to find Stephanie a job?
(a) The magistrate.
(d) Pieter's mom.
3. On the street, Pieter speaks with Abraham Kaplan who owns the what?
(a) Butcher shop.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Cigar shop.
4. Who does Pieter stop to speak with on the street that has only one pound of money left?
5. According to Sophie, whose grief and shame are greater than her love?
(a) Her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning home, bathing the kids, and being with Pieter, what does Nella discover that is broken?
2. Who wanted to go to Japie about Stephanie, but did not?
3. Who takes the secret book to Nella?
4. Who finds Peter praying when looking for him at tea time?
5. In Chapter 27, Apie wants Pieter to talk to Sophie about whom?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)