|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sophie, whose grief and shame are greater than her love?
(c) Her own.
2. In his office, Pieter awaited a call from Pretoria for more supplies. Who came in that he thought about telling them about Stephanie?
(a) His tante.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His captain.
3. According to Jakob, who told him he should not argue with such learned men as the Englishman that authored the bird book?
4. Who does Pieter stop to speak with on the street that has only one pound of money left?
5. Who wanted to go to Japie about Stephanie, but did not?
(d) Pieter's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the young dominee and Martha share a kiss, who asks Sophie about the wine?
2. How much money is left with the note for Pieter?
3. When Pieter's captain goes on leave, who will be left in charge?
4. Who told Pieter about the charges against him?
5. After returning home, bathing the kids, and being with Pieter, what does Nella discover that is broken?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)