|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Stephanie first seeks Pieter out in whose home?
(a) His father's home.
(b) Japie's home.
(c) His home.
(d) His friend Kappie's home.
2. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
3. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
(c) Dirty plate.
4. After rugby practice, Pieter goes for a visit with whom?
(c) His dad.
5. Which one of Pieter's sisters is in love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
2. What is the name of Pieter's house boy?
3. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
4. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
5. Trying to find out if anyone in the black community knew what he had done, who did Pieter ask his house boy about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pieter takes Stephanie the money so she will not have to break the law to get money?
2. According to Chapter 6, who is Smith?
3. Where does Japie find Pieter and what is Pieter doing?
4. Pieter was allowed to go home but what did he find when he got there?
5. Who went on the van Vlaanderen family picnic and who went bird watching during this picnic?
6. Why does the captain tell Pieter he can't leave him in charge when he goes on leave and who will he leave in charge?
7. Why was the young dominee so sad?
8. What rugby news does the young dominee telephone Pieter about?
9. Why does Japie's revelation about the note that Pieter found pinned to his door cause Pieter relief?
10. Why does Pieter go to the park and what are his thoughts while there?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)