|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Japie see Pieter with the night Pieter first breaks his vows?
2. Who does Pieter cancel visiting with after having drinks at the hotel?
3. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 16, who does Pieter go to to try and talk about his problem with Stephanie?
5. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is president of the welfare committee?
2. Who came by Pieter's office to speak about money he owed?
3. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
4. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
5. What does the note say that is pinned to Pieter's door when he comes home from the field?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Japie find Pieter and what is Pieter doing?
2. According to Kappie, why does Pieter's neighbor, old Herman, spit and turn from him when he sees Pieter?
3. How does Pieter help Vorster after he sees Vorster's note?
4. When Japie brought Pieter back home, what did Pieter do?
5. What rugby news does the young dominee telephone Pieter about?
6. Why does Stephanie have power now over the young man that chased her into the shadows of the trees?
7. Why does Pieter cancel his visit with Kappie after seeing Anna home, and where does he go instead?
8. After hiding the note he found on his door, what are Pieter's thoughts about what he has done with Stephanie?
9. Why was the young dominee so sad?
10. On the second day, in fear of being found out, how does Pieter perceive the people around him?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)