|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a heart-to-heart conversation in the kitchen pantry?
(a) Martha and Pieter.
(b) Pieter and Sophie.
(c) Frans and his wife.
(d) Pieter and his mom.
2. Who prepares lunch for Pieter when he goes home to eat?
3. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
(a) Football coach.
4. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
5. Who has a drink with Pieter at the Royal Hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
2. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
3. In Chapter 15, Stephanie first seeks Pieter out in whose home?
4. Who sat in the Park?
5. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
Short Essay Questions
1. After hiding the note he found on his door, what are Pieter's thoughts about what he has done with Stephanie?
2. Who went on the van Vlaanderen family picnic and who went bird watching during this picnic?
3. After being with Stephanie a second time, the lieutenant is even more upset with himself. How does he respond to being asked to be a diaken?
4. How does the news of Pieter's charges affect Frans, Sophie and Pieter's mom?
5. What is ironic about Japie telling Pieter he may come to him for marriage advice?
6. After writing and then canceling his letter of resignation, Pieter leaves the office and meets Anna on the street. What do they do?
7. Why does Frans go to see Sophie at the captain's house?
8. How does Pieter help Vorster after he sees Vorster's note?
9. According to Chapter 6, who is Smith?
10. In Chapter 12, after evening church services Pieter tried to convey his need to his wife for more of her love and attention to keep him from temptation. What happens?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)