|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(a) Kappie's father.
2. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
3. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
4. What racist classmate does Pieter envy?
5. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
(a) Slabbert's Road.
(b) Pretorius Street.
(c) van Onselen Street.
(d) Main Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
2. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
3. What is the name of Pieter's house boy?
4. After dinner and a smoke, who does Pieter wait for in the dark in Chapter 19?
5. What does Pieter get from the study that they kept for visitors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who went on the van Vlaanderen family picnic and who went bird watching during this picnic?
2. What is the history of Pieter and his father regarding stamps?
3. When the captain went to Jakob's home and told him about his son and the charges, how did Jakob respond?
4. After hiding the note he found on his door, what are Pieter's thoughts about what he has done with Stephanie?
5. Why does Stephanie come to Pieter's house?
6. What does Pieter's mom do after Jakob dies?
7. Why does Stephanie talk to Pieter on the street?
8. After Pieter saw his captain with Captain Jooste, he was called to the captain's office. What happened?
9. What happened with small pox in Venterspan?
10. Why does Pieter decide not to confide in the new dominee about Stephanie? Later, why not confide in Nella? Who does he decide to confide in?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)