|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
(a) Stephanie's neighbor.
(b) His captain.
2. Besides Pieter, who is angry about being born?
3. Who has a heart-to-heart conversation in the kitchen pantry?
(a) Martha and Pieter.
(b) Pieter and Sophie.
(c) Frans and his wife.
(d) Pieter and his mom.
4. Who has a drink with Pieter at the Royal Hotel?
5. Pieter vowed to give his life to God if there was no _____ in the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
2. Pieter went through the fence to a farm called ______ and laid in the field with the animals.
3. After rugby practice, Pieter goes for a visit with whom?
4. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
5. Where did Pieter put the note he found pinned to his house door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Pieter was allowed to go home but what did he find when he got there?
2. What news does Japie bring about Stephanie and Abraham Kaplan?
3. When Pieter went to see the old woman, Esther, after Stephanie's prison time ended, what happened?
4. How does Pieter help Vorster after he sees Vorster's note?
5. After hiding the note he found on his door, what are Pieter's thoughts about what he has done with Stephanie?
6. What happened with small pox in Venterspan?
7. On the second day, in fear of being found out, how does Pieter perceive the people around him?
8. Why does Pieter refuse dinner at his father's the first night after he has been with Stephanie?
9. Who is Abraham Kaplan?
10. How does Nella respond to Pieter once they are home with the kids from her family's farm?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)