|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Japie see Pieter with the night Pieter first breaks his vows?
2. Besides Pieter, who is angry about being born?
3. In Chapter 15, Stephanie first seeks Pieter out in whose home?
(a) His friend Kappie's home.
(b) His father's home.
(c) His home.
(d) Japie's home.
4. What do Pieter and his companion drink while at the hotel?
5. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
Short Answer Questions
1. The night after Pieter sleeps with Stephanie, who is at the front desk when Pieter arrives for work?
2. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
3. Who goes to watch Pieter at rugby practice?
4. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
5. Japie tells Pieter that someone wants Stephanie out of Venterspan and keeps hounding him about it. Who is this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Japie's revelation about the note that Pieter found pinned to his door cause Pieter relief?
2. Why does Pieter go to the park and what are his thoughts while there?
3. When Pieter finds Sophie in the pantry alone during the birthday party, what happens?
4. What happens at Pieter's sentencing?
5. When Pieter went to see the old woman, Esther, after Stephanie's prison time ended, what happened?
6. How does Nella respond to Pieter once they are home with the kids from her family's farm?
7. On the second day, in fear of being found out, how does Pieter perceive the people around him?
8. What happened with small pox in Venterspan?
9. Why does Pieter get so upset about Nella's response to his letter?
10. Who is Abraham Kaplan?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)