|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Pieter is charged, who does the captain invite to live in his home?
2. Who is on leave in Natal?
(d) The captain.
3. Who took leave in Natal?
(c) The captain.
4. In Chapter 27, Apie wants Pieter to talk to Sophie about whom?
5. Who finds Stephanie a job at the hotel?
(b) Pieter's mom.
6. Who tells Jakob about Pieter's charges?
(b) The captain.
(d) The young dominee.
7. Who did Pieter first ask about once he returned home with Japie from Slabbert's field?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His kids.
(d) His wife.
8. Who met Nella and the kids when they returned from her family's farm?
9. Who does Sophie wish had written her nephew's story instead of herself?
(a) No one.
(d) Pieter's mom.
10. Who talked with Pieter about getting married even though he is not the marrying kind?
11. Abraham Kaplan's daughter, Rachel plays what instrument?
(a) A flute.
(b) A violin.
(c) A clarinet.
(d) A cello.
12. Feeling unclean, who is Pieter worried will want to touch him?
(a) His kids.
(b) His mom.
(c) His wife.
(d) His aunt.
13. Before going home for the day, with whom does Pieter do an inspection of the station?
(c) His captain.
14. Who worked with two servants to clean the filth from the small pox in Venterspan?
(b) Pieter's mother.
15. Who is the father of Stephanie's child?
(b) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the family picnic outing, who sat in the front seat and held Jakob's hand?
2. Who tries to hide from Pieter in Kappie's store?
3. Who wanted to go to Japie about Stephanie, but did not?
4. After returning home, bathing the kids, and being with Pieter, what does Nella discover that is broken?
5. In his office, Pieter awaited a call from Pretoria for more supplies. Who came in that he thought about telling them about Stephanie?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)