|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wished to have been made a woman?
2. Who sees Pieter standing on the street speaking to someone, and then himself salutes Pieter as Pieter walks by him?
(d) Sergeant Fourie.
3. Who does Pieter stop to speak with on the street that has only one pound of money left?
4. Who told Pieter about the charges against him?
(a) His captain.
(b) Captain Jooste.
5. How many pairs of shoes does Pieter tell the captain he has during his interview?
6. While still in his home, to whom does Pieter give a big envelope?
(c) His captain.
7. Who stopped by Pieter's office at the police station to pay him a pound toward the loan Pieter gave him?
8. Who goes with Pieter and Jakob to look at the birds?
(b) Pieter's son.
(d) No one.
9. Besides Pieter's father, Pieter, Nella, and their kids, who else is in the car for the family picnic trip?
(a) The two dominees.
(b) Abraham and his daughter.
(c) Frans and his wife.
(d) Sophie and Pieter's mother.
10. Who thought that neither Pieter nor Nella had ever been safe in love?
(d) Pieter's mother.
11. Who has accused Pieter of a crime?
12. Who goes on leave and takes his mother to Cape Town?
(b) Pieter's captain.
13. Whose daughter brought back a box of shells?
14. Who dies eight days after Pieter is arrested and charged?
15. When Pieter's captain goes on leave, who will be left in charge?
(c) Captain Jooste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item has Stephanie been instructed to put into the clothing of the man she was with in the vacant ground?
2. Who does Pieter tease on the phone?
3. On the family picnic outing, who sat in the front seat and held Jakob's hand?
4. What does the young dominee tell Pieter that he might have a duty to be?
5. Why did Stephanie lose her second job?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)