|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose daughter collected shells from the coast while on vacation?
2. Who told Pieter about the charges against him?
(a) Captain Jooste.
(d) His captain.
3. Who does Sophie wish had written her nephew's story instead of herself?
(a) No one.
(c) Pieter's mom.
4. After Pieter left his office, who waited for the call to come in from Pretoria?
(b) The captain.
5. While still in his home, to whom does Pieter give a big envelope?
(b) His captain.
6. After the young dominee and Martha share a kiss, who asks Sophie about the wine?
(b) The young dominee.
7. How many pairs of shoes does Pieter tell the captain he has during his interview?
8. Who does Pieter tease on the phone?
(a) The young dominee.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His sister Marha.
(d) His wife.
9. Abraham Kaplan's daughter, Rachel plays what instrument?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) A flute.
(c) A violin.
(d) A cello.
10. How many people went on the family picnic that Pieter's dad had announced?
11. Who is the father of Stephanie's child?
(a) The captain.
12. Whose daughter brought back a box of shells?
13. Where did the black woman die that had small pox?
(d) Maduna's county.
14. Who has hatred in his heart toward Pieter, according to Sophie?
(c) Abraham Kaplan.
15. Who wished to have been made a woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes on leave and takes his mother to Cape Town?
2. What does the young dominee tell Pieter that he might have a duty to be?
3. Who does Pieter have lunch with just before returning to work and seeing his captain with Jooste?
4. Who finds Stephanie a job at the hotel?
5. Why does Kappie refuse to call Pieter by his first name?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)