|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pieter have lunch with just before returning to work and seeing his captain with Jooste?
2. Who complained that small pox was not wanted in their home?
3. Besides Pieter's father, Pieter, Nella, and their kids, who else is in the car for the family picnic trip?
(a) Frans and his wife.
(b) Abraham and his daughter.
(c) The two dominees.
(d) Sophie and Pieter's mother.
4. Who chose to leave Jakob's house rather than never go to Pieter?
(a) Pieter's mom.
5. After Pieter left his office, who waited for the call to come in from Pretoria?
(d) The captain.
6. What is the name of Nella's family's farm?
7. Who is chosen to play for South Africa and has his name in all the papers after Pieter's arrest?
(d) The young dominee.
8. Who does Pieter stop to speak with on the street that has only one pound of money left?
9. Who did Pieter first ask about once he returned home with Japie from Slabbert's field?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His kids.
(d) His wife.
10. Who takes the secret book to Nella?
(a) The captain.
(b) Pieter's mom.
11. Who finds Peter praying when looking for him at tea time?
(a) Pieter's mother.
12. After the young dominee and Martha share a kiss, who asks Sophie about the wine?
(a) The young dominee.
13. Who worked with two servants to clean the filth from the small pox in Venterspan?
(c) Pieter's mother.
14. Who sees Pieter standing on the street speaking to someone, and then himself salutes Pieter as Pieter walks by him?
(a) Sergeant Fourie.
15. Who came and told Sophie someone was dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Abraham Kaplan's daughter, Rachel plays what instrument?
2. What book does Jakob cross out Pieter's name from while the captain watches?
3. How many people went on the family picnic that Pieter's dad had announced?
4. Who found a body dead and bent over The Book?
5. Who goes with Pieter and Jakob to look at the birds?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)