|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Pieter and Jakob to look at the birds?
(a) No one.
(b) Pieter's son.
2. Who is on leave in Natal?
(d) The captain.
3. After finding out who wrote the note pinned to his door, Pieter left his office and went where?
(b) Old butcher shop.
(c) Kappie's store.
(d) Post office.
4. Who told Pieter about the charges against him?
(a) His captain.
(b) Captain Jooste.
5. What is the name of Nella's family's farm?
6. Who finds Pieter with a gun prepared to kill himself?
(a) The captain.
7. What is inside the big envelope that Pieter takes down and gives to Sophie?
(a) A note.
(b) Pieter's will.
(c) The deed to the house.
(d) A thick black book.
8. Who does not attend Stephanie's hearing before the magistrate that he attended last time?
(c) Pieter's mom.
9. Why did Stephanie lose her first job?
(a) She was late.
(b) She was fired.
(c) She quit.
(d) She did poor work.
10. Besides Pieter's father, Pieter, Nella, and their kids, who else is in the car for the family picnic trip?
(a) The two dominees.
(b) Abraham and his daughter.
(c) Frans and his wife.
(d) Sophie and Pieter's mother.
11. Why does Kappie refuse to call Pieter by his first name?
(b) He was told not to.
12. Whose daughter brought back a box of shells?
13. While still in his home, to whom does Pieter give a big envelope?
(c) His captain.
14. Whose daughter collected shells from the coast while on vacation?
15. In Chapter 27, Apie wants Pieter to talk to Sophie about whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has hatred in his heart toward Pieter, according to Sophie?
2. Who wished to have been made a woman?
3. Who leaves a note at the house for Pieter?
4. Who thought that neither Pieter nor Nella had ever been safe in love?
5. Who is chosen to play for South Africa and has his name in all the papers after Pieter's arrest?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)