|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sophie, who could not tell a man so now the whole world knew?
2. Whose daughter brought back a box of shells?
3. What book does Jakob cross out Pieter's name from while the captain watches?
(a) The bird book.
(b) The bible.
(c) The family book.
(d) The stamp collection book.
4. Where did the black woman die that had small pox?
(c) Maduna's county.
5. Who wished to have been made a woman?
6. What item has Stephanie been instructed to put into the clothing of the man she was with in the vacant ground?
(a) A shell.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A small stone.
(d) A marked coin.
7. What does the young dominee tell Pieter that he might have a duty to be?
(a) A patient man.
(b) A good listener.
(c) A captain.
(d) A diaken.
8. After finding out who wrote the note pinned to his door, Pieter left his office and went where?
(a) Post office.
(b) Old butcher shop.
(d) Kappie's store.
9. Who told Pieter about the charges against him?
(a) His captain.
(d) Captain Jooste.
10. What is the name of Nella's family's farm?
11. Who tells Jakob about Pieter's charges?
(b) The young dominee.
(c) The captain.
12. Who finds Pieter with a gun prepared to kill himself?
(d) The captain.
13. Who wanted to go to Japie about Stephanie, but did not?
(a) Pieter's mom.
14. Who is the father of Stephanie's child?
(b) The captain.
15. Who did Pieter first ask about once he returned home with Japie from Slabbert's field?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pairs of shoes does Pieter tell the captain he has during his interview?
2. In his office, Pieter awaited a call from Pretoria for more supplies. Who came in that he thought about telling them about Stephanie?
3. Who sees the letter and the money Pieter leaves behind and runs to Slabbert's field to look for Pieter?
4. After Pieter is charged, who does the captain invite to live in his home?
5. Who found a body dead and bent over The Book?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)