Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Pieter with a gun prepared to kill himself?
(c) The captain.
2. How much money is left with the note for Pieter?
(a) 3 dollars.
(b) 13 pounds.
(c) 5 dollars.
(d) 18 pounds.
3. What book does Jakob cross out Pieter's name from while the captain watches?
(a) The bird book.
(b) The stamp collection book.
(c) The bible.
(d) The family book.
4. Who gives Pieter's mom a picture of Pieter as a keepsake?
5. Who has accused Pieter of a crime?
6. Feeling unclean, who is Pieter worried will want to touch him?
(a) His mom.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His kids.
(d) His wife.
7. After returning home, bathing the kids, and being with Pieter, what does Nella discover that is broken?
(a) The stove.
(b) The front room window.
(c) Her favorite bowl.
(d) Pieter's pipe.
8. According to Jakob, who told him he should not argue with such learned men as the Englishman that authored the bird book?
9. Who stopped by Pieter's office at the police station to pay him a pound toward the loan Pieter gave him?
10. On the family picnic outing, who sat in the front seat and held Jakob's hand?
(a) Frans' son.
(b) Kappie's niece.
(c) Pieter's daughter.
(d) Pieter's son.
11. Besides the shoes and flannels, what other items does the captain send home for from Pieter?
(a) His pants.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His hat.
(d) His gloves.
12. Who does Pieter have lunch with just before returning to work and seeing his captain with Jooste?
13. Who convinces the black community to get the small pox vaccine?
(d) The young dominee.
14. Who has hatred in his heart toward Pieter, according to Sophie?
(b) Abraham Kaplan.
15. Who says it's too late to find Stephanie a job?
(c) Pieter's mom.
(d) The magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees the letter and the money that Pieter leaves at home and runs to the vacant ground to look for Pieter?
2. Who gives the young dominee back his ring?
3. Who did Pieter first ask about once he returned home with Japie from Slabbert's field?
4. Who finds Stephanie a job at the hotel?
5. Why does Kappie refuse to call Pieter by his first name?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)