|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dinner and a smoke, who does Pieter wait for in the dark in Chapter 19?
2. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
3. What did Pieter consider his desire for Stephanie?
(a) A sickness.
(b) An inconvenience.
(c) Something expected because of his wife's behavior.
(d) Something that would pass.
4. Who spit and turned away from Pieter instead of greeting him?
(a) Dominee Stander.
(b) Matthew Kaplan.
(c) Herman Geyer.
(d) Abraham Kaplan.
5. What do Pieter and his companion drink while at the hotel?
6. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
7. Who has a drink with Pieter at the Royal Hotel?
8. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In part of the old hospital.
(b) In the new village square.
(c) In the old butcher shop.
(d) In the old school.
9. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
10. Where did Pieter put the note he found pinned to his house door?
(a) The drawer.
(b) The book.
(c) The trash.
(d) His pocket.
11. Who sat in the Park?
12. Who does Japie see Pieter with the night Pieter first breaks his vows?
13. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
14. Jokingly, what does Japie promise one night to seek out Pieter's advice on?
15. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
(a) To pray.
(b) He dropped something.
(c) To hide.
(d) To help someone up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
2. Who prepares lunch for Pieter when he goes home to eat?
3. What is the name of Pieter's house boy?
4. Where was Pieter when he confessed to being angry about being born?
5. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)