|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of the hotel (Abraham's) brother?
2. Who does Pieter cancel visiting with after having drinks at the hotel?
3. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
4. Who goes to watch Pieter at rugby practice?
5. Who sat in the Park?
6. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
(b) Sybrand Wessel.
(c) Officer Steyn.
(d) Dominee Vos.
7. Who wrote the note Pieter found pinned to his door?
8. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(b) Kappie's father.
9. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
10. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
11. In Chapter 12, when Pieter and others return for evening church services, who does not stay home?
12. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
(a) Dog racing.
(b) Car racing.
13. Japie tells Pieter that someone wants Stephanie out of Venterspan and keeps hounding him about it. Who is this person?
(b) The magistrate.
14. Jokingly, what does Japie promise one night to seek out Pieter's advice on?
15. What racist classmate does Pieter envy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
2. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
3. The night after Pieter sleeps with Stephanie, who is at the front desk when Pieter arrives for work?
4. Pieter vowed to give his life to God if there was no _____ in the dark.
5. Besides Pieter, who is angry about being born?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)