|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound terrifies Pieter while he is kneeling at the tree?
(a) A scream.
(b) A cracked twig.
(c) A crashing sound.
(d) A gun shot.
2. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
3. Who sat in the Park?
4. Japie tells Pieter that someone wants Stephanie out of Venterspan and keeps hounding him about it. Who is this person?
(b) The magistrate.
5. Trying to find out if anyone in the black community knew what he had done, who did Pieter ask his house boy about?
(d) Old man from low country.
6. Who does Pieter cancel visiting with after having drinks at the hotel?
7. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
8. In Chapter 12, when Pieter and others return for evening church services, who does not stay home?
9. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
10. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
11. After dinner and a smoke, who does Pieter wait for in the dark in Chapter 19?
12. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
13. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
14. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
(b) Find work.
(c) Get married.
(d) Stop breaking the law.
15. Who is the owner of the hotel (Abraham's) brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pieter's house boy?
2. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
3. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
4. Where did Pieter put the note he found pinned to his house door?
5. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)