|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sat in the Park?
2. Who prepares lunch for Pieter when he goes home to eat?
3. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
4. Trying to find out if anyone in the black community knew what he had done, who did Pieter ask his house boy about?
(b) Old man from low country.
5. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
(a) To hide.
(b) To help someone up.
(c) To pray.
(d) He dropped something.
6. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 6:30 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
7. After dinner and a smoke, who does Pieter wait for in the dark in Chapter 19?
8. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's wife.
(b) Pieter's aunt.
(c) Pieter's mother.
(d) Pieter's father.
9. What does Pieter get from the study that they kept for visitors?
(a) A shot glass.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A lighter.
(d) An ashtray.
10. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
11. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
12. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
13. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
15. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
2. In Chapter 15, Stephanie first seeks Pieter out in whose home?
3. Pieter vowed to give his life to God if there was no _____ in the dark.
4. In Chapter 12, when Pieter and others return for evening church services, who does not stay home?
5. Jokingly, what does Japie promise one night to seek out Pieter's advice on?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)