|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
2. What do Pieter and his companion drink while at the hotel?
3. Who goes to watch Pieter at rugby practice?
4. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
(a) Pieter and Jakob.
(b) Pieter and Sophie.
(c) Pieter and Nella.
(d) Peter and Kappie.
5. The night after Pieter sleeps with Stephanie, who is at the front desk when Pieter arrives for work?
(a) The captain.
6. What does the note say that is pinned to Pieter's door when he comes home from the field?
(a) Sorry-missed you.
(b) Nella back tomorrow.
(c) I saw you.
(d) Your dad is worse.
7. Who has a heart-to-heart conversation in the kitchen pantry?
(a) Martha and Pieter.
(b) Frans and his wife.
(c) Pieter and Sophie.
(d) Pieter and his mom.
8. After rugby practice, Pieter goes for a visit with whom?
(c) His dad.
9. Who sat in the Park?
10. Besides Pieter, who is angry about being born?
11. Who does Pieter warn his houseboy about because they are "idle and break the law"?
12. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
13. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
(a) A book.
(b) A hat.
(c) A gun.
(d) A picture.
14. Who came by Pieter's office to speak about money he owed?
15. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 6:00 p.m.
(c) 6:30 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie is fired, who does she go to for help?
2. Where was Pieter when he confessed to being angry about being born?
3. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
4. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
5. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)