|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trying to find out if anyone in the black community knew what he had done, who did Pieter ask his house boy about?
(b) Old man from low country.
2. What do Pieter and his companion drink while at the hotel?
3. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
(c) His captain.
(d) Stephanie's neighbor.
4. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
5. After rugby practice, Pieter goes for a visit with whom?
(d) His dad.
6. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
8. Who has a heart-to-heart conversation in the kitchen pantry?
(a) Pieter and his mom.
(b) Frans and his wife.
(c) Martha and Pieter.
(d) Pieter and Sophie.
9. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
10. Who sat in the Park?
11. What does Pieter get from the study that they kept for visitors?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) A shot glass.
(d) A lighter.
12. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
13. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
(a) The phalarope.
(b) New servants.
(c) More land.
(d) A car for Nella.
14. Who does Japie see Pieter with the night Pieter first breaks his vows?
15. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to acknowledge that he might be ill and need bed rest?
2. Who does Pieter warn his houseboy about because they are "idle and break the law"?
3. What does the note say that is pinned to Pieter's door when he comes home from the field?
4. Upon returning from evening church services, Pieter kisses Nella. What does she do after he smiles at her?
5. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)