Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pieter consider his desire for Stephanie?
(a) A sickness.
(b) An inconvenience.
(c) Something expected because of his wife's behavior.
(d) Something that would pass.
2. After finding the note, Pieter heated water. Why?
(a) To cook.
(b) For tea.
(c) To bathe.
(d) For cleaning.
3. Pieter vowed to give his life to God if there was no _____ in the dark.
4. Before the note, what did Pieter plan to do to cleanse his corruption?
(b) Smoke a cigarette.
(d) Drink more.
5. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 6:30 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
6. What racist classmate does Pieter envy?
7. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
(c) Football coach.
8. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
(c) Car racing.
(d) Dog racing.
9. When Stephanie is fired, who does she go to for help?
(d) The captain.
10. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
11. What do Pieter and his companion drink while at the hotel?
12. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
13. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
14. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
15. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, who said to Pieter, "duty is duty"?
2. Which one of Pieter's sisters is in love?
3. The night after Pieter sleeps with Stephanie, who is at the front desk when Pieter arrives for work?
4. Whose written letter under the door at home upsets Pieter upon reading it?
5. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)