|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's mother.
(b) Pieter's aunt.
(c) Pieter's father.
(d) Pieter's wife.
2. Where did Pieter put the note he found pinned to his house door?
(a) The trash.
(b) The drawer.
(c) The book.
(d) His pocket.
3. What does Pieter get from the study that they kept for visitors?
(a) A lighter.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) A shot glass.
(d) A cigarette.
4. After rugby practice, Pieter goes for a visit with whom?
(d) His dad.
5. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
(a) Dominee Vos.
(b) Officer Steyn.
(c) Sybrand Wessel.
6. Who has a drink with Pieter at the Royal Hotel?
7. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
8. Who always has big birthday celebrations and is having a party in Chapter 13?
9. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
10. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
11. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
12. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(d) His mother.
13. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. In Chapter 16, who does Pieter go to to try and talk about his problem with Stephanie?
15. What racist classmate does Pieter envy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
2. After dinner and a smoke, who does Pieter wait for in the dark in Chapter 19?
3. Jokingly, what does Japie promise one night to seek out Pieter's advice on?
4. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
5. Who does Japie see Pieter with the night Pieter first breaks his vows?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)