|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
2. Where was Pieter when he confessed to being angry about being born?
(b) Kitchen Pantry.
3. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
4. Besides Pieter, who is angry about being born?
5. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
(a) To help someone up.
(b) He dropped something.
(c) To hide.
(d) To pray.
6. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
7. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
8. Who does Japie see Pieter with the night Pieter first breaks his vows?
9. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
10. What do Pieter and his companion drink while at the hotel?
11. When Stephanie is fired, who does she go to for help?
(a) The captain.
12. In Chapter 21, who said to Pieter, "duty is duty"?
(b) The captain.
13. What does the note say that is pinned to Pieter's door when he comes home from the field?
(a) I saw you.
(b) Your dad is worse.
(c) Sorry-missed you.
(d) Nella back tomorrow.
14. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
(a) A tree.
(b) The porch.
(c) A wall.
(d) The bed.
15. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
2. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
3. Who is president of the welfare committee?
4. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
5. Who always has big birthday celebrations and is having a party in Chapter 13?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)