|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares lunch for Pieter when he goes home to eat?
2. Who sees the letter and the money that Pieter leaves at home and runs to the vacant ground to look for Pieter?
(a) Japie and Sophie.
(b) Sophie and Pieter's mom.
(c) Jakob and Frans.
(d) Sophie and the captain.
3. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
(a) Stop breaking the law.
(b) Get married.
(d) Find work.
4. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
2. Who sees Pieter standing on the street speaking to someone, and then himself salutes Pieter as Pieter walks by him?
3. To whom is the big envelope addressed?
4. Who took Sybrand Wessels to Japie's office and made fun of him about the hook?
5. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)