|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spit and turned away from Pieter instead of greeting him?
(a) Abraham Kaplan.
(b) Herman Geyer.
(c) Dominee Stander.
(d) Matthew Kaplan.
2. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
(b) Sybrand Wessel.
(c) Dominee Vos.
(d) Officer Steyn.
3. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 6:30 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
4. Who suggests Pieter take Nella away for a holiday?
(d) Pieter's mother.
5. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(b) Kappie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bird did Pieter tell to come now and sing?
2. Who did Pieter first ask about once he returned home with Japie from Slabbert's field?
3. Who does not attend Stephanie's hearing before the magistrate that he attended last time?
4. Who does Sophie confide in that she wishes had never been born when she is discovered in the pantry?
5. Who complained that small pox was not wanted in their home?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)