|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pieter warn his houseboy about because they are "idle and break the law"?
2. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
(a) To help someone up.
(b) He dropped something.
(c) To pray.
(d) To hide.
3. Who refuses to acknowledge that he might be ill and need bed rest?
4. Who does Pieter cancel visiting with after having drinks at the hotel?
5. Who stopped by Pieter's office at the police station to pay him a pound toward the loan Pieter gave him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bird did Pieter tell to come now and sing?
2. Who has a drink with Pieter at the Royal Hotel?
3. Who sees the letter and the money Pieter leaves behind and runs to Slabbert's field to look for Pieter?
4. Besides the shoes and flannels, what other items does the captain send home for from Pieter?
5. After returning home, bathing the kids, and being with Pieter, what does Nella discover that is broken?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)