|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pieter have lunch with just before returning to work and seeing his captain with Jooste?
2. Who talked with Pieter about getting married even though he is not the marrying kind?
3. Who says it's too late to find Stephanie a job?
(a) The magistrate.
(d) Pieter's mom.
4. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
(a) Dominee Vos.
(b) Officer Steyn.
(c) Sybrand Wessel.
5. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pieter's captain goes on leave, who will be left in charge?
2. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
3. Who does Japie see Pieter with the night Pieter first breaks his vows?
4. What racist classmate does Pieter envy?
5. According to Sophie, whose grief and shame are greater than her love?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)