|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pieter warn his houseboy about because they are "idle and break the law"?
2. Where did the black woman die that had small pox?
(c) Maduna's county.
3. Who tries to hide from Pieter in Kappie's store?
4. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the old butcher shop.
(b) In the old school.
(c) In the new village square.
(d) In part of the old hospital.
5. After Nella has returned from her family's farm, who stops by the house to talk to Pieter privately?
(a) The old black man.
(b) The young dominee.
(c) The magistrate.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
2. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
3. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
4. Who has hatred in his heart toward Pieter, according to Sophie?
5. Where was Pieter when he confessed to being angry about being born?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)