|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
(a) His office.
(b) His heart.
(c) His soul.
(d) His house.
2. Once home after his arrest, who comes from the kitchen smiling at Pieter?
3. Who does Japie see Pieter with the night Pieter first breaks his vows?
4. Who convinces the black community to get the small pox vaccine?
(b) The young dominee.
5. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pieter is charged, who does the captain invite to live in his home?
2. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
3. Pieter went through the fence to a farm called ______ and laid in the field with the animals.
4. To whom is the big envelope addressed?
5. In Chapter 15, Stephanie first seeks Pieter out in whose home?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)