|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talked with Pieter about getting married even though he is not the marrying kind?
2. Who goes on leave and takes his mother to Cape Town?
(d) Pieter's captain.
3. Who tries to hide from Pieter in Kappie's store?
4. After dinner and a smoke, who does Pieter wait for in the dark in Chapter 19?
5. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
2. On the street, Pieter speaks with Abraham Kaplan who owns the what?
3. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
4. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
5. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)