|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
2. What does the young dominee tell Pieter that he might have a duty to be?
(a) A good listener.
(b) A patient man.
(c) A diaken.
(d) A captain.
3. How many pairs of shoes does Pieter tell the captain he has during his interview?
4. Who wrote the note Pieter found pinned to his door?
5. Pieter vowed to give his life to God if there was no _____ in the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Stephanie lose her second job?
2. After dinner and a smoke, who does Pieter wait for in the dark in Chapter 19?
3. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
4. Who stopped by Pieter's office at the police station to pay him a pound toward the loan Pieter gave him?
5. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)