|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Pieter, who is angry about being born?
2. In Chapter 12, when Pieter and others return for evening church services, who does not stay home?
3. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
(b) Sybrand Wessel.
(c) Officer Steyn.
(d) Dominee Vos.
4. After returning home, bathing the kids, and being with Pieter, what does Nella discover that is broken?
(a) Pieter's pipe.
(b) The front room window.
(c) The stove.
(d) Her favorite bowl.
5. Who is on leave in Natal?
(a) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
2. Who sees Pieter standing on the street speaking to someone, and then himself salutes Pieter as Pieter walks by him?
3. Who does Pieter stop to speak with on the street that has only one pound of money left?
4. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
5. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)