|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the new village square.
(b) In the old butcher shop.
(c) In the old school.
(d) In part of the old hospital.
2. Who complained that small pox was not wanted in their home?
3. Besides Pieter, who is angry about being born?
4. What does the note say that is pinned to Pieter's door when he comes home from the field?
(a) Sorry-missed you.
(b) Nella back tomorrow.
(c) I saw you.
(d) Your dad is worse.
5. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked by the magistrate, who suggests it would be best to remove Stephanie's child?
2. Who wrote the note Pieter found pinned to his door?
3. After his "miracle", who does Pieter tease at his father's home later that evening?
4. Before going home for the day, with whom does Pieter do an inspection of the station?
5. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)