|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(d) Kappie's father.
2. Who does Pieter warn his houseboy about because they are "idle and break the law"?
3. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
4. Who suggested Stephanie be sent away?
(a) The magistrate.
(d) Pieter's mom.
5. Besides Pieter's father, Pieter, Nella, and their kids, who else is in the car for the family picnic trip?
(a) Frans and his wife.
(b) The two dominees.
(c) Sophie and Pieter's mother.
(d) Abraham and his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
2. How many people went on the family picnic that Pieter's dad had announced?
3. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
4. After returning home, bathing the kids, and being with Pieter, what does Nella discover that is broken?
5. Where is the social welfare department located?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)