|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to watch Pieter at rugby practice?
2. In Chapter 23, Pieter starts thinking that if he does not get a miracle he will do what?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Tell his wife.
(d) Tell his captain.
3. Who stopped by Pieter's office at the police station to pay him a pound toward the loan Pieter gave him?
4. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
(a) New servants.
(b) The phalarope.
(c) More land.
(d) A car for Nella.
5. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the social welfare department located?
2. After returning home, bathing the kids, and being with Pieter, what does Nella discover that is broken?
3. What does the young dominee tell Pieter that he might have a duty to be?
4. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
5. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)