|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Look in the huts first.
(b) Don't let anyone know he told them.
(c) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
(d) Do not arrest him.
2. Who stopped by Pieter's office at the police station to pay him a pound toward the loan Pieter gave him?
3. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
(a) Football coach.
4. In Chapter 21, who said to Pieter, "duty is duty"?
(b) The captain.
5. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
2. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
3. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
4. Whose daughter collected shells from the coast while on vacation?
5. In his office, Pieter awaited a call from Pretoria for more supplies. Who came in that he thought about telling them about Stephanie?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)