|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to acknowledge that he might be ill and need bed rest?
2. Who sat in the Park?
3. Who goes with Pieter and Jakob to look at the birds?
(b) No one.
(c) Pieter's son.
4. Before going home for the day, with whom does Pieter do an inspection of the station?
(b) His captain.
5. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
(a) Officer Steyn.
(b) Dominee Vos.
(d) Sybrand Wessel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound terrifies Pieter while he is kneeling at the tree?
2. Which one of Pieter's sisters is in love?
3. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
4. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
5. In Chapter 27, Apie wants Pieter to talk to Sophie about whom?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)