|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sophie confide in that she wishes had never been born when she is discovered in the pantry?
(a) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
2. Who has a heart-to-heart conversation in the kitchen pantry?
(a) Frans and his wife.
(b) Pieter and his mom.
(c) Pieter and Sophie.
(d) Martha and Pieter.
3. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(a) Kappie's father.
4. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
5. When Stephanie is fired, who does she go to for help?
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pieter's captain goes on leave, who will be left in charge?
2. Who convinces the black community to get the small pox vaccine?
3. What do Pieter and his companion drink while at the hotel?
4. Who goes with Pieter and Jakob to look at the birds?
5. After finding out who wrote the note pinned to his door, Pieter left his office and went where?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)