|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
2. Who is on leave in Natal?
(a) The captain.
3. Who met Nella and the kids when they returned from her family's farm?
4. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His captain.
(d) His wife.
5. Who suggests Pieter take Nella away for a holiday?
(c) Pieter's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took Sybrand Wessels to Japie's office and made fun of him about the hook?
2. What do Pieter and his companion drink while at the hotel?
3. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
4. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
5. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)