|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
2. After Pieter left his office, who waited for the call to come in from Pretoria?
(d) The captain.
3. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
(a) To pray.
(b) To hide.
(c) He dropped something.
(d) To help someone up.
4. Japie tells Pieter that someone wants Stephanie out of Venterspan and keeps hounding him about it. Who is this person?
(b) The magistrate.
5. After his "miracle", who does Pieter tease at his father's home later that evening?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
2. Where did the black woman die that had small pox?
3. Who does Sophie confide in that she wishes had never been born when she is discovered in the pantry?
4. Besides Pieter, who is angry about being born?
5. Upon returning from evening church services, Pieter kisses Nella. What does she do after he smiles at her?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)