|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
2. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Do not arrest him.
(b) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
(c) Don't let anyone know he told them.
(d) Look in the huts first.
3. Who does Sophie confide in that she wishes had never been born when she is discovered in the pantry?
(a) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
4. In Chapter 15, Stephanie first seeks Pieter out in whose home?
(a) His friend Kappie's home.
(b) Japie's home.
(c) His home.
(d) His father's home.
5. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, who said to Pieter, "duty is duty"?
2. In Chapter 12, when Pieter and others return for evening church services, who does not stay home?
3. According to Jakob in Chapter 15, who thinks the phalarope is a bird of the coast?
4. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
5. Who prepares lunch for Pieter when he goes home to eat?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)