|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests Pieter take Nella away for a holiday?
(d) Pieter's mother.
2. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
3. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
(a) Stephanie's neighbor.
(b) His captain.
4. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
(a) New servants.
(b) More land.
(c) A car for Nella.
(d) The phalarope.
5. What racist classmate does Pieter envy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
2. Who refuses to acknowledge that he might be ill and need bed rest?
3. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
4. Trying to find out if anyone in the black community knew what he had done, who did Pieter ask his house boy about?
5. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)