|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stephanie is fired, who does she go to for help?
(b) The captain.
2. What did Pieter consider his desire for Stephanie?
(a) An inconvenience.
(b) A sickness.
(c) Something expected because of his wife's behavior.
(d) Something that would pass.
3. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
(a) New servants.
(b) The phalarope.
(c) More land.
(d) A car for Nella.
4. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(d) His father.
5. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sophie confide in that she wishes had never been born when she is discovered in the pantry?
2. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
3. Whose written letter under the door at home upsets Pieter upon reading it?
4. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
5. Where is the social welfare department located?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)