|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
(a) Pieter and Sophie.
(b) Peter and Kappie.
(c) Pieter and Nella.
(d) Pieter and Jakob.
2. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
(a) A car for Nella.
(b) New servants.
(c) More land.
(d) The phalarope.
3. After rugby practice, Pieter goes for a visit with whom?
(b) His dad.
4. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
(a) To hide.
(b) He dropped something.
(c) To help someone up.
(d) To pray.
5. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
2. According to Jakob in Chapter 15, who thinks the phalarope is a bird of the coast?
3. Who is the owner of the hotel (Abraham's) brother?
4. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
5. What is the name of Pieter's house boy?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)