|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to acknowledge that he might be ill and need bed rest?
2. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
(b) Dominee Vos.
(c) Sybrand Wessel.
(d) Officer Steyn.
3. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
(a) New servants.
(b) The phalarope.
(c) More land.
(d) A car for Nella.
4. After finding the note, Pieter heated water. Why?
(a) For tea.
(b) To bathe.
(c) To cook.
(d) For cleaning.
5. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
(d) A lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
2. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
3. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
4. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
5. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)