|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who does Pieter go to to try and talk about his problem with Stephanie?
2. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In part of the old hospital.
(b) In the old butcher shop.
(c) In the old school.
(d) In the new village square.
3. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His captain.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
4. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
(b) A lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night after Pieter sleeps with Stephanie, who is at the front desk when Pieter arrives for work?
2. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
3. Who is the owner of the hotel (Abraham's) brother?
4. Whose written letter under the door at home upsets Pieter upon reading it?
5. In Chapter 21, who said to Pieter, "duty is duty"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)