|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
2. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
3. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
(a) Car racing.
(b) Dog racing.
4. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
5. What does the note say that is pinned to Pieter's door when he comes home from the field?
(a) Sorry-missed you.
(b) Your dad is worse.
(c) Nella back tomorrow.
(d) I saw you.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
2. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
3. Who is president of the welfare committee?
4. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
5. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)