|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His captain.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
2. When Stephanie is fired, who does she go to for help?
(c) The captain.
3. Upon returning from evening church services, Pieter kisses Nella. What does she do after he smiles at her?
4. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
(a) His soul.
(b) His heart.
(c) His house.
(d) His office.
5. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
2. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
3. Where did Pieter put the note he found pinned to his house door?
4. After finding the note, Pieter heated water. Why?
5. Pieter vowed to give his life to God if there was no _____ in the dark.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)