|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who does Pieter go to to try and talk about his problem with Stephanie?
2. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
3. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
(a) His soul.
(b) His office.
(c) His heart.
(d) His house.
5. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
(a) To help someone up.
(b) He dropped something.
(c) To pray.
(d) To hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
2. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
3. What does the note say that is pinned to Pieter's door when he comes home from the field?
4. Who refuses to acknowledge that he might be ill and need bed rest?
5. Where did Pieter put the note he found pinned to his house door?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)